InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ Chapter 52-61 ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

8-20-05
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~
 
I watched the reactions of the brothers as I walked into the room and I could not help but feel smug as pink tinted their eyes and they gave each other the look that I knew was the only reason they weren't whistling. Mom said that I would probably need this once we started packing that first night and I had thought she was crazy but hey mom's quick thinking allowed me to shock the two most powerful youkai in the city, Yeah Mom.
 
“Are you two going to stand there all night or are we going?” they visibly shook themselves and walked towards me. I took an arm from each as we went back to the elevator.
 
“Why are you wearing that Kagome?” asked inuyasha.
 
“Well you said the mark would be here.” I raised my hand off his arm to the place on my shoulder. “So is this not easier for the artist?” I blinked innocently at him and I heard a mumbled `feh.'
 
The ride down was quiet and I could almost feel the quick glances from them both as we walked to the sidewalk. I was happy that this was finally about to take place and only the presentation stood in my way of going all out in my seduction of the brothers. Mentally I was rubbing my hands together in glee.
 
When I had gone upstairs to change I had seen the mattress on the bed done up in soft sheets and blankets. I was almost tempted to lie down and forget that I had to go back out today. My brain was fried with all the chaos of the past few hours and I just wanted to grab them both brothers and sleep between them. I knew I would feel lonely now that i had slept next to them both and I had never felt so safe.
 
The chair arrived and we set out. Up until now I hadn't really been nervous but when we arrived at the shop I was starting to really consider running away like a bat outta hell. Inuyasha must have sensed that I was about to bolt because he tightened his grip on my arm.
 
“Kagome calm down. I'm here so quit worrying already.” his tone was harsh but the words were meaningful. So I tried to relax and wonder of all wonders I did.
 
The store front wasn't anything out of the ordinary which surprised me a little since even Mrs. Dunne and Joanne had changed their store fronts. The inside though was enough to take my breath away. Booths had been set up with low rise screens but the ceiling and the walls were covered in one mural. The largest being in the picture was a Chinese dragon with its mouth opening over the front door and its body winding around the wall through the middle of the ceiling to the back. On one side was various poses of animals the blended until the other half was their humanoid form. On the other side was a corresponding piece of land that showed its natural environment. A lot of it was forests and fields but you could point to one animal/humanoid and on the other side in a mirror image was it home. The work it must have taken to do this was mind boggling. I was rudely brought from my musings of the masterful artwork by a woman's voice.
 
“Ah, the Takahashi brothers how good to see you.” the sarcasm in the voice was so thick it was enough to choke on. I looked at the woman who I assumed was Satu. It was nearly a shock to see the same silver white hair and golden eyes on her that the brother's had. Her face was sharp and her eyes seemed to be constantly narrowed in suspicion. her lips, which were already in a pout, did nothing for her looks and her stance was angry. She had a tail that was twitching side to side in jerky movements and arms crossed.
 
“Satu Mitsu do be quiet. we are paying nearly double your hourly fee and have been since two p.m. so let us get this over with.” Sesshoumaru's tone was scary but the female youkai just brushed it off.
 
“Right this way.” her tone was mocking and I truly wondered how she got away with speaking to Sesshoumaru like that. I was about to ask when I heard a loud screech and turned my head to see a very complicated looking machine being opened up. Grimacing at the volume I had to wonder how the brothers could handle it.
 
“Hand over the glass.” she held out her hand and had her foot tapping impatiently. Inuyasha quickly set it in her hands and to my eyes seemed to nearly jump back. She gave a snort and set the glass in the compartment that she had opened. Surprisingly when she turned the machine on it didn't rattle but was actually pretty quiet.
 
“So is she going to be knocked out or numbed?” her voice had changed to professional now and I marveled at it because she changed attitudes quicker then I did.
 
“She said numbed.” I watch as a smirk stole over her face.
 
“Brave child.” she sneered and before I could stop myself I said.
 
“Better to be a brave child then a rude self serving judgmental bitch.” my tone was bored as if I didn't care and as cold as I could make it and I had the pleasure of seeing her face go slack in shock and quickly reform in anger.
 
“Now you listen here you little whore I have no idea who you think you are but do you realize who you are talking to?!” I pulled my hand away from Sesshoumaru and glanced down at my nails as if I was ignoring her.
 
“Well Slut?!” she screamed.
 
“What you do in your free time Ms. Mitsu is your business and what I do in mine is my business. However, being that I am a pure white it seems your accusations of my character seem to be false. Whoever you may be and whatever connections you have, have no consequence on your terrible lack of manners. Perhaps you are the one in need of assistance since you seem to be so uptight.” her mouth opened and closed like a fish for a few moments as I gave her a glare.
 
“You..you..” she sputtered and finally it seemed the brothers deemed it fit to join in by laughing. I glanced at the two of them in confusion while Mitsu blushed. Sesshoumaru was the first to recover.
 
“Satu it seems our breeder has gotten the better of you. Perhaps I should tell my uncle of your behavior? He would find it most interesting to know that his daughter was insulting my house. Do you think he still has that collar that you so hated?” Mitsu seemed to pale at his words and she began to shake.
 
“There is no need to bring that up cousin.”
 
“Very well then I want to see your best work to date on this Satu or there will be restitution to pay and I do not mean money.” if possible I would swear that Sesshoumaru's voice was the coldest I had ever heard it. A chill went down my spine and a little bit of shock set in when I realized that they were cousins. Why did no one mention this earlier?
 
“Cousins?” I asked aloud. Inuyasha shut up finally and glanced at me with fearful eyes. “Why had no one mentioned this?” though my voice was pleasant and the words seemed innocent I could tell that the brothers knew other wise when they both winced.
 
“Kagome. Now please don't get upset I didn't know until later about my uncle's family and aunt.” he waved his hands freely in front of him as if trying to ward off any attack on his person. I turned towards Sesshoumaru with a raised brow.
 
“So what is your excuse?” He raised a brown in return.
 
“I need none since we weren't on good terms at the time.” I sighed he had a point and neither had to mention it for me to become their breeder it would have just been nice to know that before I jumped in.
 
“didn't find out till later...weren't on good terms? WHat in the world are you three babbling about?” asked Satu. `Shit I forgot she was here.'
 
“Do not worry yourself over it Satu let us get this done for I plan to get some sleep tonight.” she grumbled but turned back around and set the chair up to start. Motioning me to sit I did and she placed a wrap on top of my clothes. She took out a cotton swab and dipped it into some iodine to clean my skin. Next she used a towel to wipe some away before adding a clear gel substance to my shoulder. At first I could fell her hand but in less then a minute I could feel nothing. I marveled at the stuff but kept quiet. She took out a weird pen that had a tube attacked to the end with the ink I assumed in it. Setting it on a rack that hung of the arm she brought over a easel that had the sketch on it. Taking a fine pen she held my skin and began to outline the mark. I was getting nervous again so I looked up to see both inuyasha and sesshoumaru looking intently at my shoulder. i watched them as they eagerly followed Satu's hand. Wishing for something to take my mind off of what was going on I rolled my eyes catching another look at the ceiling. Surprised that I had forgotten about it I looked up and focused hard on forgetting what was going on to study more closely the pictures.
 
I had been looking at a youkai/humanoid picture of an inu when I heard the brothers start to chant. Glancing at my shoulder I realized that I had been focusing so hard on the ceiling I never noticed that she had finished sketching and had turned back on the machine. I watched in almost morbid fascination as she began drawing on my skin. I didn't understand what the brothers were saying since it was all barks, growls, yips, and snarls but it had a weird rhythm to it.
 
Work was slow and tedious but I could see the permanent lines starting to appear. SHe did the outlining of everything first and then she sprinkled something silver down and somehow it joined the ink below the surface turning it all silver like the ink was silver instead of red. After that she wiped away the extra and added blue and continued. Slowly I started to understand the brothers but it was only a little here and there.
 
I wondered if this was like a tattoo and would puff up like my friends did once. I saw that my skin stayed a normal color and wasn't red yet. I looked around trying to see if there was a clock but no such luck. I was starting to get a little dizzy when she started to trace over the runes. Each time she finished one I was growing dizzier. About half way through I could fully understand the brothers but the words were lost in the haze that now surrounded me. Was this normal?
 
I could feel tears building up in my eyes and I started to hurt. Before long it was unbearable but I held silent. I couldn't see anymore through the pain and finally I let out a scream. I screamed as I felt her continue and I tried to stop but I couldn't before long I surrendered to the darkness once again.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
When we had entered the shop I watched Kagome as her eyes roamed the ceiling and her mouth moved in silent awe. I watched as my annoying cousin made her way over in her usual over confident stride.
 
Her words to myself were of no concern as I simply told her to be quiet. She did as she was told and lead us to her booth and then she asked about what way kagome wanted it done. With my reply I heard her say `brave child' and was about to hit her for her unwanted comment when Kagome beat me to it in words. The comment she made was true and to the point and I wanted to laugh but anger stole over again as she insulted Kagome.
 
I let Kagome handle her since she was going to have to do it later at the presentation and I was proud at the way she pulled it off. Seeing my smart mouth cousin put in her place was so funny that Inuyasha and I exchanged a glance and laughed.
 
Soon after we finally were able to get down to business and get started. After Satu outlined everything she began and so did we. I watched very carefully as she worked precisely as the sketch demanded. I grew a little worried when Kagome's eyes started to glaze and even more when she started to tense. It wasn't until she screamed that i knew something was wrong. I grabbed Satu by the neck and pulled her away while Inuyasha continued to chant.
 
“What the hell is going on Satu!” I was furious.
 
“I did nothing! There is no reason she should be acting this way!” Suddenly Kagome stopped screaming and I turned towards her to see if she was alright only to find her passed out again that day.
 
“Then what has happened?”
 
“I only added the regular binding ink to her skin..” I growled.
 
“That is only supposed to be used on regular humans you twit.”
 
“Well she is isn't she?” Satu sneered at me.
 
“I should lock you in my torture room Satu for your incompetence.” she went pale instantly. “The girl is a powerful Miko and you used regular binding ink! You could have killed her!”
 
“I did--di--didn't know!”
 
“There is no feasible reason that you shouldn't, her power radiates from her like a beacon and you ignore your senses. One day that will get you killed and as much as I would like to do it myself, I would start a house war if I did. You are fortunate that you are the best artist this city has seen or I would disjoint your hands and eat your bones so that you could never draw again but you have to fix this and fast.” I squeezed her neck tight one last time and dropped her.
 
I resumed my place as she switched inks and brought out a special knife. Carefully she cut over all the runes to let out the ink and then rubbed in the right kind. The work was even slower then before but kagome was looking much better. My brother and I were getting tired and it had been over three hours. My throat was dry and I knew Inuyasha's was too but we couldn't stop now that the last lines were being colored in.
 
Finally over four hours later it was done. Inuyasha and I recut our hands and let fresh blood flow over the wounds from earlier to let them heal faster. After Satu placed a bandage over the mark with numbing gel and herbs to keep the swelling down I picked her up to leave. Now that the link had been established I could call mentally to my brother.
 
`Inuyasha.'
 
`yeah?'
 
`Have Satu lock up she is coming with us. It is time that she was taught a lesson I will call uncle to inform him of her misdeeds and that she will not be killed merely disciplined.' I could feel his satisfaction over my choice as he did as he was told. `I will be taking Kagome home. I think it is better that one of us stay with her tonight in case she needs anything.'
 
`Yeah you do that. I will be glad to take care of our dear cousin. Do you want me to dish out the discipline or do you want to, or both?'
 
`We will do it together tomorrow once we know that Kagome is okay.' I could feel his anger and his worry but I knew that he would follow my directions. Holding Kagome closer I called for a chair and started home. I brushed her hair from her face and was grateful that she seemed to be okay. My anger at Satu was not going to be easily satisfied. Kagome truly could have died if she had finished the runes with the normal ink.
 
The normal ink bound the human closer to the house leader because there were no powers to allow for the feelings to transfer on and so it took part of the regular humans soul or spirit, whatever you wanted to call it, to make that bond. If it had happened to kagome not only would it done taken her soul but her power and joined our souls with hers. Our powers would have killed each other or at least her since it added ours first.
 
My body trembled at the thought that my cousin could have killed all three of us with her mistake. whether intentional or not the bitch was going to be severely punished. Her father was not going to be able to stand in the way this time.
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V.~~~
 
I watched my brother carefully attend Kagome and leave. My heart still was racing from when I heard her scream. My world had stopped for that moment and I feared the worst. But when her chest rose after her screaming stopped I couldn't help but sag in relief. It was then I noticed that Sesshoumaru had Satu by the neck and demanding to know what was going on. When I heard that she used regular ink I was about ready to kill her. Somehow through it all I managed to continue chanting so that the magic hadn't stopped but my throat was hoarse with emotion. I wanted to cry because I had heard that the pain was unbelievable when such mistakes were made. Some females didn't really show up in tests to have powers until they started to get marks but Kagome radiated power so I didn't understand.
 
Once things were cleared up and Sesshoumaru returned to my side we picked back up the chant. The air was tense the rest of the time and my claws ached to sink into Satu's flesh for hurting Kagome.
 
When we were leaving I heard my brother open the link we created to mentally talk to each other. I received orders to bring Satu to the western office and have her placed in custody till the morning. When he said that she was going to be disciplined I couldn't contain the satisfied smirk that came to my lips. Punishment never really sank in with Satu but this might.
 
Though she most likely would be hurt in some way being brought down to serve others in the roll of maid or servant seemed much more fitting for her over sized ego. Discipline could last years versus punishment was only allowed a maximum of a week. Though to some a week was more then enough. Walking back in to the store I saw my guards waiting and Satu cleaning up. Swallowing to wet my dry throat I spoke.
 
“Satu Mitsu you are now under house arrest and will be held till the morning for discipline.” I heard her gasp and turn around.
 
“My father will not stand for that Inuyasha.” she growled.
 
“He will have no choice in the matter Satu. We are the rulers of the west and east and your little stunt could have killed all three of us not just our breeder.” Satu remained unmoved and I had to wonder if she had done it on purpose. Well I would have Eyrein look into it tomorrow.
 
“I will not go.” I motioned for the guards to seize her and she tried to fight. Moving quickly like my brother had taught me I knocked her out. Once I was sure she was limp I had the guards place special cuffs on her that restrained her powers and strength.
 
“Take her to the holding cell on the sixth floor. Make sure she has modest comfort and a floor mattress. Do not remove the cuffs.” the two snapped to attention and grabbed and hauled her out. Taking out my master key to the city I made sure everything was shut off and locked up. deciding to run back instead of taking a chair I took off. I really needed to clear my head.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
I arrived home and carried her to her room. After placing her on the bed I went to the kitchen to get a bottle of water. Opening it I took a drink before replacing the cap and going upstairs to change. I took off my clothes and slipped into a pair of silk pajama bottoms and went back to her room. Placing the water on her night stand I pondered whether she would be angry if I changed her clothes. The top could not be all that comfortable to sleep in. Decision made I went to her dresser and looked until I found a thin strapped nightgown that wouldn't interfere so much with her bandage. Grabbing it I placed it on the edge as I reached up for Kagome.
 
I saw that the top could be pulled down So I slipped the gown on first so her modesty wasn't compromised so much though I had already seen her. I pulled the top off and undid the skirt as well. Fixing the gown I slipped her under the covers and tossed her clothes in a hamper.
 
I knew that she would most likely be fine when she awoke but I wanted to be sure. I unfortunately still had work to do so I made a quick trip to my office and got the laptop. I got the paper work that I need to finish and headed back upstairs. I checked her pulse when I returned to find that she had finally slipped into sleep. Grateful that i wouldn't have to call Dr. Weaver up here this late I got in under the covers after plugging in my laptop. I set to work as I waited to see if she awoke.
 
Hours passed and I had finally finished. Closing down I sat everything on my night stand and moved down to rest. Just as I was about asleep I felt Kagome abruptly sit up and scream. Taking action I pulled her close and rocked her as she stopped and cried.
 
“Sh.. Kagome. You are okay now. Just relax.” I whispered in her ear. She nuzzled into my chest still crying.
 
“What happened Sesshoumaru?”
 
“Satu ignored her instincts and used the wrong bonding colored ink.”
 
“Why would it hurt so much?”
 
“Because it was trying to conbine our souls. If she had succeeded we most likely would have killed each other.” she stiffened in my arms and raised her eyes to mine.
 
“Really?” her voice trembled. I nodded not seeing any reason to lie. “That's awful. Why would she do that?”
 
“I do not know. Tomorrow she will be disciplined for her behavior both for her attitude towards you and her actions.” Kagome nodded trusting me to set things to rights. I held her a while longer before she gently pulled away.
 
“I need something to drink.” she rubbed her throat. I pointed to her stand and she followed my finger to see the old bottle of water. She gave me a smile as she took it and got her drink. She nearly finished half the bottle in short order before stopping. “That feels much better.” She looked at her clothes. “Who changed me?”
 
“I did.” she gave me a rueful smile.
 
“I should hurt you but since you rescued me that wouldn't be fair. You get off easy tonight.”
 
“Ah. But the gown was on before I removed your clothes. I preserved your modesty though it is pointless since I have already seen what would have been uncovered.” I watched as her face turned bright red.
 
“Shut up.” she mumbled and I laughed. “Sesshoumaru?”
 
“hmm?”
 
“Can you hold me tonight? I just feel weird.” I laid back down and opened my arms. She crawled into them with her back against my chest and one arm as a pillow as my other wrapped around her waist. “You know you have really changed since I last knew you. I think I like this you much better.” her voice drifted off as she finished speaking and was almost instantly back asleep. Sometimes I marveled at how trusting she was but her words haunted me for some reason.
 
I could remember vaguely now the time back then. For the most part I knew why I had hated humans but i was logical enough to know that once a person was dead it was fruitless to bear any more anger towards them. However, I still held it against humans that my mother died when they had no baring on my father's actions. It seemed strange now that I hunted and killed humans for sport where now I held one in my arms. This bore more consideration later so I filed it away for another time and closed my eyes. Taking a deep breath I took in Kagome's soft smell and drifted into the world of dreams.
 
End Of Chapter 52
 
8-21-05
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's dream~~~
 
----Flashback----
 
A child around the human age of thirteen summers came running up to a male looking almost identical. The boy wore a white hatori and harkama with black boots.
 
“Father! My Instructor said you wished to speak with me?” the boy looked up at his father noting the markings on his face seemed fainter then a while ago. “Are you feeling okay father?” concern flooded his voice.
 
“I am fine Sesshoumaru. I have not been sleeping well.” the young boy tilted his head to the side before asking, “Why not?”
 
“Dreams my boy.”
 
“Nightmares?” he asked curiously.
 
“No. They seem to be more of a foretelling but they are disturbing. I see you, much older then you are now, holding a young female.”
 
“What is wrong with that father? I will eventually either take a mate or concubine. Why is holding this girl so unsettling?”
 
“She is a miko. A very strong miko. I worry for your safety though it seems she means you no harm. There is something sinister watching all of us, controlling us, as if puppets on strings. I do not know how but I hear a echo of a voice in my head and though I can not make out the words exactly I seem to be doing what the echo says rather then what I want.”
 
“No one can control you father. You are too strong.” the father scowled at the boy.
 
“Sesshoumaru. You know better then that. Everyone has a weakness some are just harder to find.” the boy scoffed.
 
“I will be strong father. You won't have to worry about this thing controlling me.” The father ruffled the boys hair as he smiled.
 
“I know. You are so strong already but head my warning Sesshoumaru. Sometime in the future you might come up against something you can't control and you will need you wits about you.”
 
“You worry to much father.” the father gave a rueful smile and just shook his head.
 
----nearly 50 years later----
 
“Lord Sesshoumaru! Lord Sesshoumaru wait for this lowly Jaken”
 
The man deemed Lord Sesshoumaru paused in his walk not heeding the calls of his retainer but because he came upon the battle field he had been smelling for the past hour. The site was typical of present battles with bodies strewn about haphazardly. Glancing around he saw his banner and knew that this was the defenders of one of the human villages here in the western lands.
 
He paused to consider whether to resurrect them or not. They had died defending his territory and it was a reasonable reward and better then giving our compensation gold to the families. He was about to draw his sword when he heard another thought.
 
*But are the worthy of the gift from your father's sword? They are nothing but weak humans. Humans are what drove your mother to her death. Why worry over their feeling when they never did about yours?*
 
Sesshoumaru stopped to consider this new thought and returned the sword to its sheath. `Yes why should I care about humans? I want them gone from my lands why not just let them kill themselves off?' Turning he walked away and never looked back. years following he never gave another thought to resurrecting any one who died in the defense of his lands.
 
----jump twenty odd years----
 
“My lord! My lord wait!” a scrambling toad rolled over the hill crest and came to a stop at his feet. A giggle was heard and he looked up to see Rin smiling down at him. A spark of warmth centered near his heart at her open and trusting smile but his face remained motionless. The girl ran down to him and wrapped her arms around his leg.
 
“You're back Sesshoumaru-sama. Rin is glad that her lord is back. Jaken isn't any fun for the won't pick flowers with me.” Patting her head Sesshoumaru raised a brown as he looked at his retainer for confirmation. The toad sniveled and it was answer enough.
 
“Follow Rin to a field Jaken and allow her to do as she pleases with the flowers. Be back here by dark.” the toad gave a small bow and left.
 
he sat upon a log allowing his thoughts to drift. He knew that he would have to get Rin a new Kimono soon she was starting to grow and it was almost indecently short. Indecently short clothes brought his brother's miko to mind. He had to wonder about her parents to allow her to go out prancing around like that but it was none of his concern.
 
*That's right it isn't. Humans are nothing but trouble and we should cast off the orphan on some village soon. She will start going threw changes soon that all young females do and she will be more hassle then she is worth.*
 
This Sesshoumaru will not cast off Rin.
 
*Why not? Out debt to her is paid for trying to help us. We are not her father to have to look after her. She was doing fine on her own.*
 
Yes the black eyes and bruises were testament to that. Let alone she turned mute.
 
*She should have stayed mute. She talks to much.*
 
That she does. However, she fends for herself like a youkai pup and is little trouble. I see no reason to cast her off.
 
*You are daring to compare her to a youkai pup! She is nothing like one. She is human or have you forgotten. Human like the one your father mated. Human, the reason why your mother never had any more pups because she killed herself*
 
It matters not. My mother would not have had any pups anyway. She couldn't because of me.
 
*She could have adopted. She could have had her sister stand in. It would have been allowed for your father to go that route instead he fell into the arms of human females.*
 
My aunt could not have stood in for she disappeared a long time ago. She left when father mated my mother.
 
*You could have looked for her instead of trying to keep the humans secret from your mother.*
 
Yes, but I had to run the lands as father was not himself.
 
*The girl is still human, she will eventually be seen as a weakness. What will you do when she wants a mate?*
 
I will find her a suitable one.
 
*So you are adopting her now?*
 
The line of thought faltered at that point. The prospect of truly accepting the girl as his own would have repercussions he wasn't sure he wanted to face. Many would think it as bad as mating a human, for any of her descendants could potentially have a right to the throne if he was ever killed. That was unlikely however it was a possibility that he would have to consider.
 
*She is nothing but trouble wrapped up in that innocent smile of hers. Cast her aside.*
 
I have taken care of her for to long. My beast recognizes her now and protects her. Our scent is laced in hers. It would be dishonorable to do so.
 
*You are lord. No one will question about her. They will see it as you coming to your senses.*
 
No.
 
*She is part of the race that destroyed your mother. None are worthy of her memory and none are worthy of your fathers sword. Undo what you have done and just kill the girl*
 
No.
 
*What is the point of keeping her around and alive?*
 
She entertains this Sesshoumaru.
 
*Snort*
 
the image fades and later thoughts of helping his brother in his quest seems suddenly more reasonable then looking alone.
 
----After the wish is made on the jewel----
 
*What is that upon the ground?*
 
It seems to be the jewel though greatly diminished. Curious I thought it was to have disappeared.
 
*We should take it. Use what's left to rid ourselves of several annoying youkai in court.*
 
I have no reason to take such a cheap trinket. It was worthless to me before and now even more so.
 
*It would still be useful*
 
It matters not. I will take it.
 
*Good, good. For a moment I thought you were going to do something stupid like the girl.*
 
Rin is not stupid how many times have we argued this? I am not going to use the jewel I am keeping it away from the idiot scavengers.
 
*You are so disappointing*
 
snort
 
----When Inuyasha assumed leadership of the East----
 
*You know that should be us.*
 
Our territories are large enough now. I see no need to take on further work.
 
*Yes but that is what advisors are for if you would ever listen*
 
I will not trust my lands to those self serving youkai.
 
*sigh*
 
Besides my brother has actually earned this.
 
*Right. (note the sarcasm) A hanyou worthy of leadership*
 
He is not as impulsive as he was when he was younger.
 
*He is part human ruling an entirely Youkai court. This is a disgrace*
 
It matters not whether he is part human. Rin proved that some humans are worthy.
 
*Worthy?! worthy of what? They are more self serving then the lowest youkai and dishonest.*
 
Rin is not that way.
 
*You raised her! If she had been raised in human hands she would have been the same.*
 
My brother has stood longer among humans then youkai and he has honor.
 
*honor? he has pride but no concept of honor. Look at how he treated the miko that traveled with him traipsing off to that dead whore behind her back.*
 
He eventually corrected his behavior. He was still in his youth growing and did not comprehend before.
 
*It is no excuse for what he did*
 
No but the miko forgave him and there is nothing I can do about it now any way. The miko is gone.
 
*You should take the power from him. He will not be able to handle it anyway.*
 
Like I tried to take his sword? he finally got training for it and has improved greatly. I will be no luckier getting his lands then I did his sword. It is better to let him have the headache these lands will cause it will serve as a fitting punishment for all the times he thought ruling was easy.
 
*You still do not see but you will*
 
again the voice fades.
 
~~~Dream ends still Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
I was suddenly awake from the disturbing memories of the past. His father's warning was indeed needed and all this time he had not realized it. Over the years he had gotten used to the voice not sounding like him or his beast. Looking back he analyzed every time he had the choice of leaving someone in sorrow or bringing happiness and each time he could vaguely remember that annoying voice convincing him choose sorrow. however, he put his foot down on Rin and, when he allowed Rin to join the hold weakened and he had eventually sought out his brother and joined them in finishing Naraku.
 
Since his brother had assumed leadership of the East he could not remember the voice talking to him. His choices slowly switched to benefitting everyone and he had funded several of the first cities built in the west. He hadn't known about the wish and it could easily be blamed on that for the change in his choices but he knew it wasn't. he always believed himself a indifferent individual when it came to others but maybe he was not as indifferent as he had thought.
 
This revelation rocked the foundation of his thinking and his beliefs. Could the voice have had more influence then just talking to him? Was any decision in his youth his own? other then after Rin? A very unsettling thought. Checking the window he could see that it was almost time to get up. Looking at the sleeping woman in his arms he hugged her closer and nuzzled his nose in her hair.
 
Allowing her scent to calm the raging storm of confusion he decided that it didn't really matter what happened in the past as long as he learned the truth. This voice was a problem then and most likely would be a problem again now that these weird occurrences were happening. Could it be the same being behind it? How did the person maintain the link in the past? How did it maintain it now? Sometimes he wished Jaken hadn't left his service, though annoying, he had known allot more about spells such as these. Sighing he gently shook Kagome awake so that they could prepare for the day.
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~~
 
I was being shaken gently and I blearily opened my eyes. Blinking rapidly I looked up to see Sesshoumaru leaning over me. I gave him a sleepy smile which he returned.
 
“Don't tell me it's time to get up already.” I mumbled and cuddled into his chest. I heard him take a deep breath and then let it out slowly.
 
“I'm afraid so Kagome.”
 
“You sure we can't sleep in?” I asked hopeful.
 
“No.”
 
“Well you're no fun. Haven't you ever played hookey?”
 
“hookey?” I sighed. Figures he hadn't, Mister responsible is me, would never have skipped anything.
 
“Yeah you know. Skipped out on responsibilities for the day because you wanted too? Went out on a whim to do something fun?”
 
“maybe.” I snapped my eyes open and looked up at him to see if he was joking. I carefully looked at him and couldn't see any thing since his mask was in place.
 
“Really? You mean to tell me mister responsible skipped out on something? When, where, and how come?” I asked eagerly.
 
“Yes. Though the term hookey wasn't around I did skip lessons that I thought boring until my father put an end to it. he told me if I didn't attend every lesson he was paying for then I would have to work as a servant to earn the money back that was wasted. Servant wages were very small at the time since clothing, shelter, and food was provided by the palace. Even one lesson would have taken over two years of work to repay. So I had to attend every lesson from then on.”
 
“Ouch. Glad such punishments weren't around for me when I wanted to skip a lesson. Oh well if you would let me up I will go get ready for training.” He let go slowly as if I would disappear if he let go completely but I shrugged it off as a side affect of last night. He stayed in the bed as he watched me dart around my room gathering clothes and hair accessories that I wanted to wear. Giving him a glare I stepped out and into the hall and into the bathroom.
 
Removing the bandage I glanced at the mark to see that it was indeed red and puffy. Sighing I turned on the warm water hoping that the water would soothe the tender flesh. The shower was quick and I got dressed. Getting a glass of water I took a sip and swallowed my vitamins. After braiding my hair I gave myself one last look before picking up my clothes and stepping back into the hall to toss them into my room. I could hear voices and found Yumi, Inuyasha, and Sesshoumaru all eating breakfast. I got a plate and was about to sit down when the phone rang. I looked at the brothers and they didn't make any motion to get up so I set the plate down and answered the phone.
 
“Hello Takahashi residence.”
 
“Hello I am looking for Kagome. Is she there?”
 
“May I ask who is calling?”
 
“Oh, I'm sorry this is Joanne Modesitt. I was wanting to talk to her.”
 
“One moment please.” I placed my hand over the phone and whispered. “A woman claiming to be Joanne is on the phone do you have any way of knowing for sure that it is?” Sesshoumaru nodded and got up. he hit a button on the phone and the screen flashed like a caller i.d.
 
“It would seem to be her. The voice recognition says it is anyway. Very hard to duplicate voice with today's technology.” I shrugged and put the phone back up to my ear.
 
“Hey Joanne this is Kagome. What can I do for you?”
 
“Kagome! well I know that you are busy preparing and all but I was wondering if you wanted to come shopping with me for a dress for the gathering after the presentation.”
 
“Well if I can sure. When were you planning this?”
 
“umm tonight?” her voice quivered.
 
“Tonight? That is kinda short notice Joanne.”
 
“I know, I know. I just was so nervous and then I had to convince dad to let me have this number.”
 
“Nervous? Why?”
 
“Well the other day was great. Meeting you and having my dad actually acting like a kid was funny. Its just that in my family your a legend come to life and it is a little nerve racking.”
 
“Oh. well I think you are being silly. I'll see if I can't convince my guard dogs to let me out for the night. Give me your number and I'll call you back.”
 
“Okay. My number is (309) 345-9867. (no this is not my number)” I grabbed a pen and jotted it down.
 
“Okay. Call you later. Bye.”
 
“Bye.”
 
I turned around to see three sets of eyes looking at me. The brothers looked ready to pounce and Yumi looked amused. “What?” I asked.
 
“Guard dogs kagome? When were we demoted in your eyes?” asked Inuyasha in a silky and dangerous tone.
 
“Huh? Demoted? It was a joke.” they both stood up and started to walk towards me. “Hey now no simultaneous moving. I won't be able to tell if you are under a spell again.” They paused and Inuyasha started forward again. “Should I be fleeing?” a growl rose in answer from both of them and I took off.
 
I ran through the living room to the elevator and pushed the button as I passed. I knew I couldn't really out run them but if I timed it right I could hop on the elevator as the doors closed. I haphazardly dogged Inuyasha for a time and glanced at the elevator to see that the doors were about to close. Changing direction I ducked under Inuyasha's out stretched arms and dove for the elevator. I had just rolled inside when I felt myself being picked up.
 
I looked up to see Sesshoumaru holding me bridal style and opened the doors back up and stepped back into the living room. Huffing I crossed my arms and glared up at him. I was working up a good scowl when I heard Yumi's laughter.
 
“Shut up!” I growled but it only made her laugh harder. “Put me down sesshoumaru.” he how ever ignored me and continued into the room until he was in front of the couch.
 
“You need to be punished Kagome for we are not guard dogs.” he turned to look at Yumi. “Go and finish what you started yesterday and then join Kagome in the training room.” she nodded and left but not before sticking her tongue out at me. I wanted to get up and punch her but Sesshoumaru had me locked in.
 
“Now what to do to you my dear. Insults such as that can not be aloud to slide. What do you think Inuyasha?” I glanced at him and his smirk widened.
 
“I think that in three days she should have to bathe us brother. I always wanted a bath attendant. So hard to reach the middle of my back you know.” I gasped and quickly looked at Sesshoumaru to see him smile.
 
“I think that is an excellent idea. That will be after the presentation and no one will care how much we corrupt our little innocent miko. Very well then. Kagome you will be joining us for a night time bath in three days.”
 
My mind was frozen in shock. They wanted me to bathe them? In a tub? Naked? I gulped and tried to think but hentai images kept popping up in my head. I groaned and they both looked so smug. I'll teach them. `Yes that is what I would do, teach them a lesson in trying to humiliate me. Bring it on boys I will give you a run for your money' I thought evily.
 
End of chapter 53
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~
 
After the boys finally decided that they had tortured me enough they let me go to do my training. Five miles a day was getting easier and getting harder. I was tired of the same trek already but I knew that I had to do it. In two days the presentation was going to be here and I was so nervous. My shoulder didn't really hurt anymore and I planned on using my powers during miko training to help heal it faster.
 
I had time to think on my jog around and around. Life was so different now. My diary would be getting pages full after I found the time. So much had happened in the past six days. I never imagined waking up to a new world when I made my wish but I had to say knowing that I wasn't going to die from war or from the pollution was really nice. To be able to live till three hundred was even better because I was going to be spending it with the two youkai that had watched over me in the past.
 
Which reminded me that Sesshoumaru seemed really shaken this morning, I wonder what about. He hadn't been so aloof in a long time. It seemed so strange that he was the same human hating youkai of the past, it just didn't seem to fit with how he was now. Surely the wish didn't' change him that much did it? I really hated to think that his changes were all due to the jewel but in a way I knew it wasn't. In the past, I could see, after he joined the group that he acted as if he had two personalities. One when it came to Rin and her protection and then another that had seemed so indifferent to the suffering around him. When he asked about maybe taking Rin to my home for her safety we had had an actual conversation, he even treated me civilly, but afterwards he receded and became the aloof lord once again. I had chalked it up to him being himself.
 
But now I really thought about it and since the memories for me were still fresh I compared his actions of recent to that of the past. The tender care he had given Rin was now given to me though admittedly much different. He seemed so much more open and caring. It was almost as if he was an entirely different person with him being so civil with his brother, taking such good care of the breeder program and the females both human and youkai, how he respected me and treated me with kindness never doing more then I was ready for.
 
To think it was Sesshoumaru and not Inuyasha that had touched me so intimately first was mind boggling. Not that I really minded since I knew he had stopped and stepped aside to allow somethings to be a first for Inuyasha. He was considerate about his brother's and my feeling in this matter where in the past I wasn't so sure he would have been. Looking at the sign I only had one lap to go.
 
I finished up and got a drink of water and wiped my face. Inuyasha was there with my daggers and he had already set up new targets. He looked good in his training clothes and it was a change from the usual red he was always in.
 
“Hey Kagome you ready to start?” I nodded and wiped my fingers to make sure they were dry. I took the daggers from him and put them in their respective places. I had learned quickly with Inuyasha's help how to throw properly but now I need the practice of removing them and throwing to perfect my aim. It was harder to try and get around my clothes to get to my weapons but that is why most were around my waist and arms. Since Joanne had been there when Shippo gave me my weapons she had made sure to have slits on my pants to get to my daggers and I knew that any clothing I wore would also have to be adjusted.
 
Though in my old future I didn't really have to worry about self defense it was important now. It annoyed me a little to think that because this time I knew youkai survived I had to go threw this. I could have lived my entire life before never throwing a blade or worrying about fighting anyone and here I was going to be fighting for my right as a breeder.
 
I practiced throwing unconsciously as I thought some more. Before I had been pulled into the past I would have become one of the crowd in Japan. I stood out in the past for my clothes, the jewel, and my looks, in my old present I stood out for being `sick' all the time, and now here I stood out for landing what many considered the best position/job. I never had to deal with jealous women before and I wasn't sure how to handle it. Should I ask the boys or maybe Joanne? It was all so confusing so maybe getting out tonight would be a good idea to clear my head.
 
Finishing practice with Inuyasha I went to take a quick shower to cool off. I was rinsing my body as I looked at the mark again on my shoulder. It was still a little puffy but otherwise seemed to be okay. It really was a piece of art even if it did only have four colors. I traced over the runes that almost cost me my life and was ever so glad that I hadn't fainted before screaming. Satu would have finished and we all might have been killed. I half wondered why Midoriko hadn't come out to say anything about it but I guess maybe she was busy keeping the jewel quiet to notice.
 
Getting dried off and dressed again I left the bandage off. I went back to the place Sesshoumaru first showed me and saw near the water on my cushion. Yumi was already there.
 
“Hey Yumi.” I smiled at her and she nodded her head in hello. SHe didn't look happy for some reason so I decided to ask. “What's wrong?” she sighed.
 
“My sister is going to be here near noon. Mr. Takahashi said I could really only help train yo untill she got here. My sister is great and all but she is really strict. Now that I have met you and got to know you I just know that you two aren't going to get along to well. My sister tends to judge first and ask questions later. Now I don't mean like bad judgments but just ones like how well you can control your powers and seems to think that everyone has had the same training.”
I frowned at this information. So she decided what I could do before I did anything? How was that fair to start training and not know something that you need for something bigger? ugh. Just my luck to have a strict teacher rather then keade, how I missed that woman.
 
“Well thank you for the warning Yumi but I will reserve making any comments until after I meet her. I think we should do a little healing today since I guess I am going to need my arm all better sooner then later.” Yumi nodded and sat across from me. Together we did the exercises and power building techniques that had already become second nature.
 
Finally I removed my top to reveal my wife beater underneath and together we raised our hands to the mark. With her hands over mine I could feel how she directed the power to heal. I committed it to memory as Keade had taught me and felt like i had accomplished much in so short a time. Slowly we lowered the power and pulled it back in. Opening my eyes I looked at my now healed shoulder to see that the design was even better now that the cuts on my skin were gone along with the redness.
 
“Wow.” I looked up to see Yumi looking at the mark.
 
“Yeah, its really pretty.” Yumi shook her head.
 
“No I mean the runes silly.”
 
“What about them? Something wrong?”
 
“No, no. They are great. It's just so unusual is all.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Didn't they tell you what these mean?” I shook my head and felt a familiar anger grow towards the brothers for leaving me in the dark.
 
“These are powerful blood runes. THe strongest actually.”
 
“Blood runes?”
 
“Yes don't you remember?”
 
“Remember what?”
 
“Ugh so they didn't tell you. Okay you see I was supposed to distract you a little so yesterday you didn't freak out but I would have thought they would've told you after the mark was done.”
 
“I wouldn't know. The stupid artist used the wrong bonding ink. I was passed out until early this morning.” I shocked oh and her face paled.
 
“The wrong ink? Oh my god you could have been killed!” she shrieked and I had to put my hands on her shoulders to push her back down.
 
“That much I do know Yumi. Anyway you need to continue.”
 
“Well I guess, do you know what they did to the artist?”
 
“All I know is that she is going to be disciplined by Sesshoumaru. He really didn't go into it.”
 
“Ouch, I wouldn't want to be her then. Okay anyway the red stuff you poured the ink into was their combined blood.” I interrupted with a strangled `ew'. “Yeah they said you would do that and they didn't want you to freak so they asked me to wait until after you got it done so you wouldn't back out. Anyway the runes here are for your protection, safety, strength, hearing, feeling, and power. The protection one allows them to know from your mind if you're in danger and they can get a name of face if needed. Safety, allows you to have your mind shielded by them without a great expenses of power. Strength, now this is abnormal but it allows you to borrow each others strength. Not only in a metaphysical sense but actual strength like endurance, speed, stronger muscles, and such. Hearing, allows you to develop a mind link in which you could actually talk mind to mind with them. Feeling, allows them to know your strongest emotions and how generally you are feeling, like if you are sore or hurt. Power, now this one you don't see often because it allows your powers to mix when needed. Over all these are done in the strongest runes not only in meaning but design. These are more complicated then most which I think is strange. You should talk to them about why these look a tiny bit weird.”
 
I took in what she had to say about the runes and thought over what I already knew. It seemed the brothers were making sure that I had options for the battles ahead. The strength and power runes were dead give away to that. The problem was that I had no idea how to do that. I guess I had to speak to them again. Sighing I nodded my head and stood up to practice archery.
 
End of chapter 54
 
*Author's note: I wish to thank Jessica Bowman for her help in researching techniques on several fighting styles and her information on bows. Please congratulate her for being a great help!*
 
 
8-24-05
 
 
 
Kagome grabbed her old fashion bow with a single string and curved wood. She had marked the bow in several places to help with her aim. One was for the strongest and longest shot and finger grooves every half inch or so to reduce the distance. She had looked up this technique a while back before she made the wish and knew it was called string walking. It had been pretty effective in the past though she broke her string allot. There were a lot of different bows now but this is what she was most comfortable with since it had defended her for over five years.
 
Keeping her eyes on her targets she shot from the first mark and hit a bulls eye at 40 yards. She heard the satisfying sound of a solid `thunk' before taking aim again. She pulled a variety of shots from 10 yards back to 40 till she emptied her quiver. Stretching her now worn out arms she headed to the shower to use the warm water to relax her muscles.
 
The shower felt great and she dressed more appropriately for meeting the miko Etsu since Yumi warned her that she was traditional and strict. Pulling her hair into a high ponytail she dropped her clothes down the laundry shoot that was near the door knowing that by tomorrow they would be cleaned and folded on her night stand. As she was thinking in the shower she couldn't help but get angry at the things that the brothers kept keeping from her. She pondered several ways to make sure from now on they didn't keep secrets and she knew that sitting Inuyasha always helped perhaps she should get one for Sesshoumaru? Yes that seemed like a good idea perhaps Yumi knows something about them.
 
It took her a little while but she found Yumi putting away the targets she had been shooting before. “Hey Yumi!”
 
“Yes Kagome?”
 
“May I ask you a question?”
 
“Sure go ahead.”
 
“Do you know anything about subjugation necklaces?”
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
After leaving Kagome to train with Inuyasha I knew I had to call my uncle and explain to him why I had his daughter. Though a pain she had never before treated me with anything less then respect. Mentally I prepared myself for a very trying conversation. I sat at my desk and called my secretaries for today's paper work as I signed in to my computer. I got settled and drank my warm tea that I had prepared earlier.
 
Once I had the days paper work I scanned through it carefully to see if any needed immediate attention but I found none. So instead I picked up the phone and dialed the number for my uncle.
 
Ring...Rinn..
 
“Hello. Kane Takahashi residence.”
 
“Yes is Mr. Takahashi in? I need to speak to him on an urgent matter.”
 
“Yeah he is, Hang on.” must be a grand child because I know he has taught his children better phone manners. I also heard a muffles `ji-chan'. It took a few minutes but finally he got on.
 
“Hello Kane speaking.”
 
“Hello uncle. I needed to inform you of some trouble.”
 
“Sesshoumaru? how good to hear from you even if it's about trouble. How have you been doing?” I sighed for once my uncle was in a good mood and I was going to destroy it. `damn.'
 
“I am fine uncle and before you ask so is Inuyasha.”
 
“Good to hear, good to hear. So what is this about?”
 
“Well to start with I was wondering if you received my invitation yet?”
 
“Invitation? Oh you mean the one that arrived a day or so ago? Well yeah but i have ben busy watching my grandchildren for the past few days and haven't had time to catch up on the mail yet.”
 
“Uncle you really need to pay more attention to the things I send you. That invitation is to Inuyasha's and my presentation.”
 
“presentation you say? You mean you two bakas finally decided on a breeder? ha ha ha.” I pulled the phone away from my ear and waited for the old man to calm down. I had to wait a good five minutes before he sobered up enough to talk.
 
“Now that was funny dear boy.” I growled at him for calling me a pup but he continued. “Now really what is this about?”
 
“Do you have your mail handy uncle?”
 
“Yeah it's by the phone here.”
 
“Then please open the invitation I gave you.” I waited for a minute and I had the pleasure of him giving a slight gasp before picking back up the phone.
 
“You really mean this Sesshoumaru?”
 
“Why would I send out the invitation if I didn't? Call any other house leader and you will get your answer. Anyway the reason I'm calling is because of Satu.”
 
“What did my daughter do now? You know I can not allow you to punish her.”
 
“No. I have need to discipline her.”
 
“What could she have done to deserve that?”
 
“My breeder went to get the conbined mark of the east and west last night. Satu ignored her instincts and used the wrong bonding ink. She nearly killed us three.”
 
“By the Kamis I need to sit down.” I heard nothing more for awhile. “She really used the wrong ink? What was the wrong ink?”
 
“Yes. She used the regular ink instead of the power sharing one. I could drag Eyrein up if you don't believe me.”
 
“Ah, I see. No I don't think it necessary to drag him up. You have yet to lie to me on so serious a charge. So I take it she is a miko then. For she would have known to use the power sharing if your breeder were youkai.”
 
“Yes. Our breeder is a miko. Actually the strongest I think to date, even stronger then Midoriko.”
 
“That is quite the claim my boy. How are you so sure?”
 
“That is for me to know uncle and for you to see.”
 
“Well then I guess I should ask what you plan to do about it?” I gave a small relieved sigh. My uncle seems to have mellowed a lot since I last had to deal with him. That made things much easier.
 
“I was thinking that she would still be allowed to do marks and her tattoo's but only after she finished working for me. I need a competent secretary to help fix the mess the last one made. I am having to borrow Inuyasha's at the moment. For her humility I was thinking about adding her to my staff for a year or so and maybe after that the nanny so that my breeder can have some time to herself now and then. You know how much Satu hated taking care of children and she wouldn't be able to harm my child.”
 
“Hmm. Reasonable I suppose. How long would she serve on your staff and as nanny?”
 
“Like I said a year for staff and maybe two years for nanny duty? I know that she is the highest paid Person for doing house marks but I can not allow her insults to my breeder or the incident go lightly. Her income will be dramatically reduced to the needed only cases. Just enough to allow her to keep her store.”
 
“That is really harsh Sesshoumaru. You know that she will have to wear something to restrain her powers and yet allow her to function. Are you sure that long is necessary?”
 
“Uncle you would not allow me to punish her before so I am taking the full discipline length to prove my point ot her. She has become a very disrespectful and has a foul mouth. She is not the kind daughter you remember uncle. She has become very self important and needs to be brought down to help level her head. For the most part uncle you have raised very good children but she has become a prick in society's side for the past 60 years or so.”
 
“I see. Well I guess I do want you to drag up Eyrein then. I would like to see what my once good daughter has become. If she is as bad as you say and if she hasn't reformed by the time you are done then I will take matters into my own paws. She will not trouble you again.”
 
“That would be very much appreciated uncle. It is good to hear you accept things for a change then question me about them and my motives.”
 
“I have finally grown to realize my dear boy that even if you explained them to me I probably wouldn't understand. I was a warrior and a good one, for my father named me correctly, but you inherited your father's intelligence. You have yet to lie to me and you have ruled very well over the past centuries once you made up with your brother. Your decisions of your youth had me on edge for a long time on how you would turn out but I think my brother would have been proud.” For a moment I was to shocked to respond for this was praise coming from my once greatest critic. I tried to think of how to respond when he continued.
 
“I have a feeling that you are surprised Sesshoumaru. Even if you don't ask I will explain why now I believe that you are a good ruler. You see I have tried to raise my pups right and now I see how they took my teachings and applied it to their own pups. Many of them are brats because they believed I was to strict. Even some of my best pups have lied to me at one time or another about how they said they disciplined my grand pups. However, I have personally tried to find out if you ever lied to me and no matter who I questioned they all said the same thing and the story never deviated from what you reported to me.”
 
“It is a rare quality that you and your brother have. The raw honesty that is all to rare. How your father managed to pass that along and not I will forever remain a mystery to me. I watched as you took the lives of every one of the rebels that your father had not the heart to take and the western lands grow and prosper. I watched in worry of your ruthlessness when it came to enemies but once the field had cleared all were to afraid to rise up again and almost a thousand years of peace has been the result. Never in the history of our clan ruling the western lands has there been such a feet.”
 
“Now you have secured a breeder and are presenting her in two days. You have honored your father's memory by allowing your brother to become part of your house and now you both will have children that he so wanted. I must congratulate you Sesshoumaru. We have often disagreed about your tactics but the result is undeniable. I will be honored to attend.”
 
Rarely in my life was I speechless but to have my once greatest opponent in ruling the western lands complement me and say that he was coming to my presentation was almost almost enough to make me shed tears. My father's approval was all I wanted when I was a pup and to have him say that his older brother, my father, would have been proud made my heart clench in emotion so strong that I had a hard time controlling my throat as I spoke.
 
“To hear you say that uncle is very surprising as well as pleasing. I would be very much pleased for you to come. I am thankful for your thoughts that my father would be proud of me, for it was and is my greatest wish. I will take good care of your daughter and will try and break this unfavorable attitude so that she is once again the kind girl I once knew. I will see you at the presentation, I look forward to it. Now that we have settled the greatest disagreement in our relations perhaps you might welcome a private meeting to discuss the past and the future.”
 
“You always did take the first advantage to change something my boy. I think I would like that, for we have been to distant in the past. Family unity has always been a key part in the ruling of the western lands though you have handled it very well on your own. Does an earlier meeting before the presentation sound alright to you? No time like the present.”
 
“That would be acceptable. I will have one of my staff leave a message as to when and where. Good day uncle.”
 
“Yes. Good day Sesshoumaru.” we hung up. I sat there for a good long time before the beeping of the elevator brought me from my thoughts. Looking up I saw Inuyasha come in.
 
“Hey bro. You look a little pale. Are you alright?” I shook my head. “What's wrong? Nothing with the presentation I hope.”
 
“No the preparations are fine. I just got done talking to our uncle.” Inuyasha growled.
 
“That old fart? What did he have to say that made you turn all white? Not complaining about your leadership again is he?”
 
“No. In fact he just complemented me.” Inuyasha snorted in contempt. “Said that since I had never lied to him and even though he disapproved of my ruthlessness that the results he couldn't deny. He said that father would have been proud and is coming to the presentation.”
 
“You mean the youkai that has been plaguing us for centuries has up and decided that he likes how we have done things?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Is it just us or has the whole world turned crazy in a matter of days?”
 
“No Inuyasha it isn't us. So my guess is that the world has lost it.” Inuyasha laughed and I chuckled a little.
 
“So the bastard is coming huh? Well I guess that is a good thing. Make those rebel houses think twice about stirring up more trouble.”
 
“yes. With the unknown enemy at the moment that is a good thing. He has agreed to meet us early on that day to talk and I think it wise to make him an allay at this time. I told him that she is a miko and stronger then midoriko. That should get his attention long enough to see her. That way Kagome can see if his intentions are true.”
 
“hmm. You have a point. If he has indeed changed his opinion then that would be great so that we could unite our houses once again.”
 
“Well he seems genuine. He is allowing me to take the maximum time to discipline Satu. He also wants to see ho bad she has become and if we can't rid her of her attitude then he is taking it into his own paws.” Inuyasha whistled.
 
“That is nothing short of a miracle. He hasn't allowed you to touch her for punishments in fear of your old reputation. Handled it himself and look where that lead.”
 
“True. But I don't think that he is going to hold back this time. She has truly crossed the line and even he can't let that slide.”
 
“We'll see. Anyway I came to tell you that I over heard the girls chatting.”
 
“This is important why?”
 
“Well open the link and you will find out. Let's just say that she found out what the mark is made of.”
 
I did as he instructed and opened the link. THe first thing I could feel was a great amount of concentration but under neath that a great deal of anger that was asking to surge forth. It nearly scalded me and I only got a little taste of her feelings from the rune. Hopefully she wasn't so mad that she wouldn't see reason.
 
“Has it been like this long?”
 
“It is growing stronger. At first I think the shock of what she was really told was to much but that is wearing off. I never felt how angry she could get I only got say into the ground. I could tell then by how hard I hit. So I do not know how reasonable she is.”
 
“well I guess we will find out together then.”
 
“Yeah I just hope I don't fall through the floor. I really don't feel like sitting in a wheel chair at the presentation.”
 
“How long till she arrives?”
 
“She only had archery left to do and a shower. Yumi said that Etsu should be here around noon so I think Kagome is going to dress nice for her.”
 
“Okay then. Call the staff and have them prepare a special lunch then. Make sure they ask Yumi what Etsu's favorite dish is and have it served. have them warn Yumi that if we find out she lied she is going straight home without the past few days pay.”
 
“Alright. You do realize we are in deep shit right now, right?”
 
“Why is that?”
 
“Kagome is really really scary when she is mad.” I chuckled.
 
“You have reason to be afraid Inuyasha with that collar on your neck. I however have no such charm. I have little to fear.”
 
“If you say so, just don't say I didn't warn you.”
 
“Consider it noted brother. We will see how she is when she arrives.”
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V.~~~
 
I just shook my head at my brother's folly. I didn't tell him about Kagome's conversation after her shower. Yumi and Kagome were talking about subjugation necklaces when I left. I wouldn't be surprised if Kagome was making one for him as we spoke.
 
I would laugh if he got a collar on his neck too. Let him take the fall that i had and see if he doesn't fear it. like I said she could be scary when she was angry.
 
End of Chapter 55
 
8-27-05
 
***Author's Note: Hey everyone I am sorry for taking so long to update. I just couldn't get this chapter to come out the way I wanted it to for the next part of the story. I had to totally rewrite and rethink this chapter. Anyway that is all I really have to say. Enjoy the chapter and please remember to rate and review. I LOVE the reviews the most people. heh heh ***
 
 
 
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~
 
I had never felt as angry as I had once Yumi and I had finished talking about the necklaces. It almost seemed spell inspired, the rage I felt, but even if it was i wanted to collar that arrogant youkai. I would have understood and accepted what needed to be done if they had taken the time to explain. After all, I was the one that decided to accept the position and if I wasn't ready to commit I would have said so or chosen differently.
 
I needed them to take the time to teach me the rest of the submissive positions and about the houses. Not to mention the training for dinning and being a good dancer. I had no idea how to dance and I was pretty sure that some was going to happen that night just like at the ball. My defense training was the only thing I had confidence in. Shouldn't I be preparing myself more for the battle of wits ahead? Taking Shippo down was semi easy since I had known him but I will not know many if any more youkai at the presentation. i had no problem reading auras but I believed I would have trouble in a room full of youkai. The mixing alone is going to be terrible and trying to define which belongs to anyone is going to be hard.
 
The elevator took me to the home floor and I thanked Yumi again in my mind for the blessed teeth she gave me. Yumi explained how to make the necklace and offered some beads that she had just in case. They were specially blessed Canine teeth. She wasn't sure what animal they were from but she assured me that the animal had died of natural causes first before pulling its teeth. There were only seven of them so I needed some string and other beads. She also told me that I could place up to seven commands, one per tooth. Thinking about it for a moment and then remembered the beads Keade had given me for my birthday that was still in my bag I headed for my room.
 
As I walked in I noticed the full length mirror on the wall had been added. sighing at the reflection I noticed the plain miko robes I had dawned made me look like Kikiyo again. It was terribly hard to get over the fact that Inuyasha had compared me to that clay bitch for so long that I started to believe it. The blow to my self esteem was harsh and I wasn't sure if I had truly recovered. Glaring at the reminder of my failure to put Inuyasha in his place a long time ago I turned towards the closet and pulled out the yellow monstrosity.
 
It was funny now that that my wish changed the future but that my mom never questioned what had happened to my bag to make it look like it did. I dumped out the side pockets and rummaged through the junk and finally found the small bag of beads. I pulled out some twine that used to make a temporary cloths line I began to string the beads. The green jade looked really pretty along side the slightly rounded white canine teeth.
 
Going over every situation in my mind I came up with only two that I really wanted. I wanted a command that would make him tell me the answer to any question I asked because I wanted no more secrets. I had listed several possibilities for the command and `Speak' or `Speak to me' was the only one that wasn't used everyday. I also needed one that would make him stop and hold still like Inuyasha. I thought a while listing every command to stop that I knew but it wasn't till I thought about dogs that the word `heel' came to mind. Sometimes my brilliance surprised me because though humiliating it should work very effectively. I put the left over teeth in the now empty pouch and closed it. Stuffing everything back into the bag I put it back into the closet. If I ever needed the other teeth I could get them, remove the necklace, restring with a new tooth, and then recast. Very simple.
 
Striding back to the elevator and pressing the down button I readied myself for the casting. Gathering the power quickly and holding it with the chant I launched the necklace as soon as the doors opened. I felt the pull on my power and the necklace did the same as it once had with Inuyasha and broke into individual beads and formed themselves around his neck. I watched as he stood up grasping at the necklace and stepping away from his desk. I immediately spoke, “heel.” and down he went into a version of a dog sitting. His tail came from around his shoulder to curve around his feet and hands.
 
“Now Sesshoumaru we are going to have a meaningful conversation as to why you brothers have been keeping secrets. Seeing as to how you're the elder and most likely the one who has been calling the shots I want you to answer me this. Why did you feel the need to keep what the ink was made of from me. Speak to me.” my voice had been cool and even and there was a slight pause before I heard the answer.
 
“We were not sure how you would take it. Inuyasha knew that you hadn't liked a lot of blood before and if that held true you wouldn't like knowing that the blood you were blessing would be part of the ink that was used to mark you.” A quiet silence invaded the room.
 
“You never gave me the chance to be okay with it.” I said quietly but my voice rose with my convictions as I continued, “I will not have you guys keeping secrets from me, especially when it concerns me. I went into this feet first and have no intention of balking at my duties. I have yet to complain about anything but this is where I Put my foot down. The necklace around your neck has two commands Sesshoumaru. One obviously is h-e-e-l which is similar to Inuyasha's s-i-t. However I also included the command S-p-e-a-k, which makes you answer my question to the best of your knowledge.”
 
“Kagome I don't think that is a good idea. Sesshoumaru looks pissed.”
 
“That is fine for now he knows how I feel being kept in the dark. I am my own person despite any contract that I have signed. I will not be ignored nor uninformed. You two do realize that I am human right?”
 
“Yeah so what?” I could have screamed in frustration.
 
“So what? SO WHAT!? You two are idiots. I have had no dealings with the houses or their breeders. I have no clue who is our ally or who is our enemy and you expect me to walk in there blind?! You have not bothered to teach me any more of the submissive positions and you have to nerve to keep secrets from me! So what if I could talk around Shippo he is a youkai I know and I could easily see his aura. There is going to be a room full of youkai and their auras are going to mix! How will I be able to tell what to say when I have no experience at such things? How do I know what to say as to not insult a breed of youkai or their breeders by accidentally assuming something? Are you two even thinking about the tight rope I will be walking in two nights or do you have your heads so far up your asses that you can not see the danger I am in?!” I screamed at them I ranted and raved. I could feel the blood rushing to my face as I tried to calm down. Walking over to the couch and giving a sigh I sat down exhausted after my speech.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
I had looked up when the doors opened only to see flecks of light stream towards me. Unsure as to what it was I tried to fight the energy off but before I could muster much of a defense they created a necklace around my neck. Standing I pulled at it trying to get it off when I heard a familiar voice say heel. Down I went almost faster then I could really move and found myself squatting with my hands between my legs and my tail wrapped around me.
 
My anger grew to unprecedented proportions as I growled at Kagome. I had barely heard her ask her question and I was going to refuse but my mouth worked without my permission spilling the secret as to why we had not told her. Once she explained what had happened I was even more angry and I struggled against the hold of the necklace all to no avail.
 
My struggles ceased and the spell finally let up once kagome sat down. I was about to discipline her when my brother stood in my way.
 
“Think about what she said brother. She is right.”
 
Drugging up the conversation that I had been to angry to hear I thought about what she had said. It was true that she had no training as to the kind she would need to walk the political line of enemy and ally. It was truly curious as to how I could forget this and not realize that I was even putting her in danger. Was someone still affecting me and my judgment? If there was someone would pay and dearly.
 
I had not realized the blending of youkai aura's so I could not be held accountable for that. To me they were all individual and saw no reason as to why it would be any different for a miko. Deciding that this wasn't the best time to go into it since Etsu was about to arrive I put the thoughts on hold for the moment. I would also worry about getting Kagome to get he necklace off later.
 
“You are right Kagome. For some strange reason the list you brought to my attention never crossed my mind. However, I did not know that youkai auras blended when in groups so I could not have warned you about that. To me they stay individual. To say that this is not the best time with the other miko arriving would be an understatement. After you train with Etsu tonight we will begin training you on your manners for the houses. Tomorrow you will work with Yumi and Etsu and the afternoon you will again work with us.”
 
“Ano...Sesshoumaru?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“You are forgetting that I agreed to go with Joanne to pick out a dress for the gathering after the presentation. How am I supposed to work with you if I am going to be gone?”
 
`Damn it I had forgotten about that. Why didn't I remember this sooner? Where did I go wrong?'
 
“Very well. Do not expect much sleep this night miko. After you train with Etsu and shop with joanne meet my in the study at home and we will start there.” Kagome nodded her head.
 
The elevator arrived with Yumi and the server in tow. The table was set and we all sat awaiting Etsu's arrival. At one minute till non my phone rang and I answered.
 
“Hello Mr. Takahashi. I am sorry to bother you but a miss Etsu Yoleen is here to see you.”
 
“Thank you Yumi. Please send her up.”
 
“Very good sir.” I replaced the phone in the cradle and sat back at my seat.
 
The elevator opened only moments later and out walked an old woman. I knew that her age was old but she looked older then that. She wore plain miko robes and walked with a slight limp as she used a cane. Her hair was whiter and thinner then mine and her face was wrinkled in folds of skin. If I didn't know better I would almost call her a bulldog or maybe a pug. Her eyes though were sharp and clear as she evaluated each of us.
 
The brush of her power had me raising mine slightly in defense but she made no move to intrude. Her power moved over each one but Kagome had the strongest reaction and nearly blew me out of my seat at the wave of power.
 
“Interesting little girl, very interesting. Nice to see someone who has finally a little pep in them to learn.” Etsu walked/hobbled over to the empty seat and the server began dishing out the food. I watched as the server slipped into the formal way of giving out the food and nodded in approval. Lunch started and I watched Kagome try her best to eat proper and again was impressed at how well she did.
 
The meal went quickly and Etsu had yet to say another word. Even I, who spoke seldom, was a little unnerved at her silence. What did it mean? Why was she being quiet? More questions came to mind but I remained silent and watched on. After everyone was done Etsu cleared her throat.
 
“Well now I am impressed that the lords actually know the proper manners and that the young girl is close to mastering them. It should only take a week or so for her to be perfect.”
 
“The presentation is in two days.” I said.
 
“That is not enough time.”
 
“It is all that you have. She also has to continue her house training and defense. You will have to make due Ms. Yoleen.” her face darkened.
 
“Do not think you can order me around youkai.”
 
“Oh but I can Ms. yoleen. For you see you are in the city's ruler's home. I am Mr. Takahashi of the west and there is the master of here in the east. We rule the lands and everyone in them. You are here on my sufferance and do not think that I will hesitate to throw you out.” I growled at the woman.
 
“You do not scare me youkai. I can purify you and be done with it so save your worthless words for someone else.” she scoffed. My eyes bleed red as I tried to calm down. I let my youki flare and build. Kagome and Inuyasha backed away from the table and pulled Yumi away to.
 
“Impertinent wench. I have lived for over a thousand years and never have I met such an idiot. Who are you to think that you could purify me? My powers are stronger then yours and if you tried you would die before killing me.” I could feel the change coming on and finally I could sense her fear.
 
“That's right bitch. I am no two bit youkai that you are used to dealing with. I am the ruler of all on the western lands and second in command here in the east. You live on these lands on my brother's and my sufferance. Do not for one moment believe that I couldn't kill you. I would not see human justice for your death because in youkai court your word have done me dishonor and I have every right to rectify it.” I took a step around the table to stand before her.
 
“Look at my power wench. See just what you think you are dealing with. Change your sight and if you can look upon me then you are stronger then I give you credit for.” I heard her swallow hastily and felt her power shift. I watched as her eyes squinted open and immediately raised her hand. SHe turned her head towards Kagome and I could hear her gasp. Obviously she now saw the true power in Kagome also. Her body trembled and I loved every second of it.
 
“I apologize Mr. Takahashi. Please forgive an old woman her rash words.” I thought about it for a moment and came up with a suitable punishment.
 
“For your actions you shall serve my house for the next two months without pay. However, I will provide food, shelter, and clean clothes.” the two shakily nodded her heads and Yumi ran to hug her sister.
 
“Yumi take your sister and show her around. I wish to speak to my breeder now.” Yumi nodded and drug her sister behind. Turning once again I headed for Kagome and pulled her into my arms. She gave no resistance as I kissed her and brushed my tongue along her lips. Her mouth opened with no hesitation and I deepened the kiss. My beasts anger was sufficiently side tracked into making our little miko moan as my hands explored a little. My lips trailed down her face to under her chin. I gave her chin a gentle lick and then whispered in her ear.
 
“A lick to the chin shows also submission little miko.” I rubbed my cheek against hers softly and ended with my lips on her neck right above her pulse. “Allowing me to bite here would show submission though rare since it can kill. With your face turned like this and exposing your neck you are offering the choice to me. Never show fear when you offer this or my beast may take you or eat you.” I said huskily as I licked her neck. Kami she tasted good and I wanted more but I pulled away once I got a good whiff of her arousal.
 
Inuyasha had moved and I hadn't noticed to stand directly behind Kagome and gave me a look that was part passion part anger. I knew watching had aroused him as well but it seemed to also anger him. Understandable since he was supposed to have her first. I gave him a nod and he drew Kagome in to his arms and held her against him.
 
Sighing with resignation at the thought of having to take a shower and relieve myself was not comforting but at least my anger was gone. Kagome's aura surrounded me relaxing my muscles everywhere but below the waist.
 
“Take care of her and make Joanne come early. You might want to go with them Inuyasha. I think the miko needs to learn a lesson once I get a shower.” I saw Kagome's look of innocent confusion but Inuyasha smirked. I shot him a galre as I headed out of the room. hopefully it wouldn't take long.
 
End of Chapter 56
 
8-28-05
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V.~~~
 
I was holding Kagome when Sesshoumaru left and I couldn't help but smirk at his new predicament. Finally he had a collar and though it was bad for he couldn't keep any secrets anymore it was almost worth it to see him `heel'. Kagome wasn't trying to get out of my hold and she stilled smelled a little of arousal. Leaning over I nipped at her neck and she shivered for me as she titled her head to the side to allow more access. Greedily I took her offering as my hands moved to hold her waist.
 
The smell was back and stronger now as my hands massaged her sides and my lips at her neck. Kami I couldn't get enough of her scent but slowly I stopped and my fingers twitched at the knowledge that in a little over three days from now I wouldn't have to stop. Kagome whimpered and he knew it was because she wanted more.
 
“Soon my Kagome, soon.” I hugged her one last time and let go. I turned ready to make the call to Joanne when Kagome grabbed my arm.
 
“inuyasha?” I gave her a side ways glance.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Sesshoumaru isn't going to teach her like he taught Yumi is he?” I smirked again at the thought.
 
“No, probably not.” kagome gave a sigh, if it was in relief she was wrong. “He will probably be worse.” she let out a frustrated growl.
 
“Why?”
 
“Yumi was rude and only insulted you so he defended you and corrected her. Etsu however insulted him. A much worse offense so that means it will be worse.”
 
“Does he have to?” I turned a cupped her face in my hands.
 
“Kagome he has to rule as well as lead. He can not afford weakness when punishing an offender or more will make trouble. Etsu should have known better then to open her mouth but now that she has she will be punished. Kagome please understand that it doesn't mean he wants to but he has to.”
 
“But he always took such pleasure in hurting others before what has changed?” I kissed her forehead and let go.
 
“I don't know Kagome but he has changed since you last saw him. I know you have seen him be more open and caring at least towards you, for I have seen it too. But he has also done so much for Japan and the cities that you would think him more generous by nature then the evil bastard we fought in the past. Something in his soul changed and I would like to think that it was because of you and Rin. I finally had a family with the wish you made though until now you were missing but you are here now and Rin might finally also come back. Don't judge him harshly Kagome he had a different upbringing then we did.”
 
“I never judge anyone harshly Inuyasha, you should know that.” I blushed a little knowing what she meant. “I guess it surprises me that I have come to accept the changes so easily that being reminded of how he was or is forced to be scares me a little.”
 
“He won't hurt you Kagome.” Her eyes met mine and I knew that she knew that. she gave a non and I continued to the phone. I dialed the Joanne's cell number and she picked up almost on the first ring.
 
“Hello Joanne speaking.”
 
“Joanne this is Inuyasha.”
 
“Hey. everything alright?”
 
“Yeah a change of plans though. If you want to go dress shopping you're going to have to go now. Kagome is going to be busy since her etiquette teacher finally arrived.”
 
“Then why isn't she with her now?”
 
“She insulted Sesshoumaru.”
 
“Ouch. Okay be there in 30 minutes of less. I have to wrap up a few things.”
 
“Just come up to the home floor when you arrive.”
 
“Okay.”
 
I hung up and Kagome smiled as she linked her arm in mine and we headed to the elevator. Arriving on the home floor she seemed at a loss of what to do. I lead her to the study and sat down. Kagome's eyes were wide in wonder as she walked around one of the largest libraries known. Sesshoumaru kept a copy of every youkai history and almost all the human ones. There was only a small section that was for fiction or other other reading books. I watched as she rifted along the rows.
 
“Kagome?”
 
“Yeah?” she didn't look at me but I knew she was listening.
 
“I'm going to take a quick shower and change before Joanne arrives okay?”
 
“Sure. Just be quick about it.”
 
“See you in a few.” she didn't respond as she pulled out a book. Smiling at her I left.
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~
 
My eyes were wide open when it came to the study. Study? More like a library. How many books could one demon need? I scanned the shelves and came upon ones that didn't have titles on the spines. They looked to be hand bound with really old leather covers. One near the bottom seemed to speak to me and I couldn't help but pull it out. I totally missed Inuyasha's parting words as I slowly opened the cover.
 
Property of Toshiro Takahashi
 
Parents Keiji and Gin Takahashi.
 
Private journal
 
My fingers drifted over the page and the childish characters. Though the writing was clear the lines were almost squiggly. Laughing a little I turned the page.
 
Journal,
 
My mother told me to write important events in here so here I go. Today is my 10 th birthday and I received this now that I can write. My father is captain of the guards and my mother is the head of the servants. She basically runs the place since the lady of the west died in the war a few years back. The guards had been out numbered and the lady sent most to protect her two daughters as they fled.
 
Father said to choose what I want to do and I do not know what I want. I have great curiosity in everything and am constantly helping my mother in all the daily tasks of the palace from food preparation to cleaning. This year so far I have helped the cobbler and the sword smith Totosai. The sword smith is getting old and is constantly forgetting that I am there but I watch in fascination of his skill at the craft.
 
Father says it is good to know a little of everything if I want to be someone important when I grow up. Our house is distantly related to the Lord of the west but we still carry the last name. My father is hopefully going to make general soon since the present one is stepping down soon. He lost an arm and an eye in the last war and he says his bones ache to much to concentrate on work. I really like the old man he is kind but strict and is letting me join in the practices for the other guards. He says I have real talent and is encouraging my father to sign me up but father says that I am to young to make that big of a decision.
 
Well that is all there is to say for now. I will write when something important happens like my mother says.
 
The words flowed on the page getting clearer with every brush stroke. By the end it almost looked like a different person writing. The kanji was old a little hard to read since some had changed but overall I was pretty sure that I read it correctly. The young man that wrote this seemed so grown up and yet childish in the want to please his parents so much and referring to them so. I took the journal and closed it. I checked the shelf and made sure I could remember where I got it and went to my room. I set the journal on my side table and went to se if Inuyasha was ready.
 
Stepping out I knocked on Inuyasha's door.
 
“Yeah!” came the muffled response.
 
“You ready?”
 
“Just a minute.” I leaned against the wall looking around when the elevator beeped. I went to the living room to see Joanne standing there.
 
“Joanne!” I called. She looked at me for a moment then ran over and pulled me into a tight hug.
 
“Kagome! So good to see you again.” I laughed at her and she let me go. We sat down to wait and we chatted a little over business at the shop and how crazy Shippo was going for the preparations for the gathering.
 
“So anyway I was about to tell him that the caterers were busy that day and he would have to find another when he came down the stairs yelling about how his grandson just ruined the clothes he had out to wear to the gathering. It seems that he had ordered a replicate of his old outfit that you last saw him in and Kin decided to cut snow flakes out of them.”
 
“My kami he didn't!” I was holding my sides as I laughed.
 
“He did. Hopefully the store still has the measurements and cloth.”
 
“Yeah.” I said breathless. “Don't you think Inuyasha should be in here by now?”
 
“Is he supposed to be?”
 
“He told me he would only be a minute before you showed up.”
 
“Should we go see?”
 
“I think so.” we headed down the hall and I knocked on the door but didn't receive an answer. Opening the door I could hear water running. “Wait here Joanne. I am going to make sure he didn't fall in.”
 
“Okay.”
 
I headed towards the sound of water to find a small private bathroom that barely held one person. It seemed that the water was coming from the tiny stand up shower. Grasping the edge in both hands I pulled back the top to see him He had one hand against the wall and he was facing away from me. His other was in front of him and suddenly he groaned. Gulping I tried to clear my throat.
 
“Inuyasha?” In all my life I never saw him turn but suddenly the curtain was out of my hands and I was staring at the dark blue curtain in confusion. “Are you okay?”
 
“When did you get here?” his voice sounded strained.
 
“I had just got here. I only stepped in when you groaned. Why are you not okay?” I was worried.
 
“Just get out Kagome. I will be out in a moment okay?”
 
“Well just so you know you have been in here nearly 20 minutes when I thought you were getting dressed. Joanne is here and we have been waiting.”
 
“Sorry Sorry. Just go please.” I sighed before I got a sneaky idea.
 
“Why Inuyasha? After all you said that I had to help you bathe in three days from now. Won't I see everything then anyway?” I couldn't help but giggle at the frustrated growl coming from behind the curtain. It just seem as threatening with not being able to see him.
 
“Kagome. Leave. Now. Or . I. Will. Drag. You. In. Here.” I snickered but left. I walked back into the hall to see joanne take a sniff of the air and get a sly look on her face.
 
“Helping Inuyasha relieve some stress Kagome?”
 
“Huh?” I quirked a brow and she peered at me.
 
“Did you touch Inuyasha?” she said carefully.
 
“No. I had just got in there and pulled the shower curtain to the side a little when he groaned. He jerked the curtain out of my hands and told me to get out. No reason as to why just told me to leave.” Joanne laughed.
 
“You don't know why?”
 
“How would I?” she stopped laughing and really looked at me.
 
“You mean you couldn't smell it?”
 
“Smell what? Joanne just say it already you're just confusing me.” she shook her head.
 
“I guess then it should be private. I never knew human noses were so weak.” I growled a little but I knew she didn't mean it as an insult.
 
“Joanne.” I said warningly and she jerked her head up. “Tell me or I will collar you like I did Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru.”
 
“Collar?” she said worried.
 
“Yes. Today I learned how to place a subjugation collar on demons. Now Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru have one.” she looked surprised but clamped her lips together.
 
“I am sorry kagome but if he didn't tell you and you didn't help him then I should probably keep it to myself.” I was about to order her to tell me when I heard Inuyasha interrupt.
 
“Damn straight you should Jo. Lets go you two.” They walked off and I just stood there seething. Now I was sure I was going to take that necklace off and redo it. I couldn't stand secrets and it was something important I was missing here. clenching my hands I planned my attack to get the necklace later and thought about how to reapply it. The man wasn't going to know what hit him. Perhaps bath time would be best? hmm possiblities.
 
End Of Chapter 57
 
8-31-05
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
The walk to the elevator was very painful and it didn't help that my beast was howling at me to finish what I had started.
 
:Hush:
 
:pant..pant..want..now..pant..finish..she..aroused..us..pant..nee d..:
 
:Later. She will be ours soon.:
 
:grr...now...:
 
:No. We have to have her pure for the presentation.:
 
:need:
 
:Soon.:
 
:grr...promise?..:
 
:Hai:
 
:grr..better..pant..:
 
Finally his beast calmed enough so that his eyes returned to normal. Grumbling about stupid teaching mikos and his own actions that now turned against him. The elevator arrived on the home floor and the previously short walk upstairs now seemed much farther. Deciding to cheat this once he changed into his energy form and flew up the stairs. Materializing again at his door he quickly walked towards the bathroom losing his pants as he went.
 
~~~Author's P.O.V.~~~
 
Now everyone the one thing Sesshoumaru didn't realize was that his beast side would make him pay for the delay in claiming the miko. Till now the beast never had any one to tease his other half with but now that he could see his interest in the miko, well lets just say he was finally going to be able to use his ability. His beast side could, but never had till now, send day dreams to his other side real enough to make him think it really happened and could fit it what seemed long hours into mere minutes. Over the past week or so his beast side knew her smell for arousal and knew what drove Kagome wild so far which he could use most definitely to his advantage. Now while Sesshoumaru was readying the shower his beast side struck.
 
~~~Beast's Fantasy~~~
 
Sesshoumaru had just stepped into the shower when he heard the door open. Turning he almost gasped at seeing a nearly nude kagome in some very sexy clothing. The top has see through material except covering the nipples on her breasts. It hugged her chest tightly only to turn into a mini gown to the top of her thighs. Her underwear was tied together on the sides and he could feel his body respond by getting harder and hotter.
 
Her hips swayed gently sending the gown to caress her body teasingly. His hands moved of their own accord and opened the glass door after shutting off the water. He wouldn't need it right now. He met her half way and she wrapped her arms around him. Leaning over he kissed her hard and she responded with a tantalizing growl-purr that would do any inu bitch proud. Kagome pulled away and motioned for Sesshoumaru to follow.
 
She lead the way to the bed and laid down using her pointer finger to become him closer. Needing no more encouragement he pounced. Straddling her waist he couldn't help but admire the closer view of her clothing. He ran his expert hands over her curves ending at her straining nipples and giving them a hard tweak, Kagome arched off the bed. Accepting this invitation he used a claw to remove her top and tossed it to the side. Her now freed breasts taunted him and not one to resist a challenge he lowered his head to the left and greedily sucked.
 
Kagome moaned and whimpered and it just turned him on more. Switching breasts he allowed his hand to knead the other while he slide his legs lower. Kagome's hands slid into his hair and she stroked his ears lightly causing him to halt for a second before resuming with more force. He lowered his hand from her breast to the strings and gently undid the knots.
 
Pulling the now useless cloth away he got an uninterrupted scent of her arousal. He groaned and quickly situated his face near her black curls. He was surprised to find that the lips were shaved smooth only leaving a cute triangle of curls on top. Shrugging he gave a slow lick and to find her salty juices. Kagome arched off the bed and came onto his tongue. Giving a few last licks he moved up to see her darkened eyes and couldn't hold back anymore. Quickly sheathing himself he could help the groan of complete satisfaction at the feeling.
 
The pace was set slow and he watched as her head tossed side to side, her hands clenching the sheets as she mewed in pleasure. Her panting gasps spurred him faster and he could feel his climax coming. Reaching down he rubbed her clit and and finally could feel her muscles clamp and he sped up more.
 
Moments later he finally fit his peak and came with such force that he saw white. Slightly dizzy he shook his head and the next thing he knew he was still in the shower with his hand on his deflating cock.
 
`What Happened?'
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
My robotic arm was leaning against the shower wall and my other holding my deflating erection. I watched in mild wonder as my sperm followed down the drain. Sometimes being a inu of large stature in my real form had downsides. My body could and did store larger amounts of fluids then most. Some went into my non corporeal form to keep it alive and circulated in a metaphysical way. It also meant that I could produce as much sperm as my real form could. The upside was that I could go almost 24 hours without stopping. I had tried it once in my youth and went through 6 concubines. My father hadn't been amused but he let it slide as me testing my limits.
 
Though none of this explained what had happened now. I could have sworn I was truly with kagome and to `wake' in my shower was most surprising. As thoughts tumbled through my head I couldn't help but hear my other side snickering.
 
:What are you laughing at?:
 
:You:
 
:Indeed?:
 
:Not so easy to forget is it?:
 
:Forget?:
 
:The sensations..pant..you added more then I did though.:
 
:What are you talking about?:
 
:You never appreciated the power I had over this body. What you just experienced was my power. pant..grr..:
 
:Your power? you made me experience that?:
 
:Hai:
 
:Why?:
 
:You would not claim the miko..pant..So I decided to show you how much fun it could be as punishment.:
 
:You will never do this again: I growled.
 
:Oh..pant..I think I finally have something that gets to you..pant..perhaps you will listen to me now?:
 
:She had to remain pure for at least two more days.:
 
:Then we claim her?:
 
:Inuyasha gets to have her first but as long as she isn't tired then yes we claim her.:
 
:Good..(rumble)..Need a good rutting..pant.. You are too stressed.:
 
:What! You listen good my dear other half. You will not tell this Sesshoumaru what he needs.:
 
:Ah.but if I didn't no one would. pant. You need it trust me. For that matter so do I. I haven't been allowed to touch any of the past females, so I want her.:
 
:No. She is to delicate.:
 
:We shall see.: and with that his other side retreated. Growling in frustration at my other side I hurried and got out and dressed. I would think about this later once I dealt with the miko.
 
What would be a good punishment for the wench? Perhaps a whipping? or time in my torture chamber? Solitary confinement in unaccomadating conditions (rats, snakes, scorpions oh my! heh heh). She will at the very least not receive any money for training kagome for at least the two months. A handicap in her everyday life that won't interfer with Kagome's training? Hmm. So many possibilities and with her attitude perhaps I can explore more.
 
Walking back downstairs i could hear my brother in his shower and could sense Kagome in the study. Seeing that everything was in order I left and went to find Yumi and Etsu. I stopped at my secretaries desk to see if she had anything for me to do.
 
“Yumiko.”
 
“Yes sir?”
 
“Is there anything that requires my attention?”
 
“No sir.”
 
“Very well I shall be punishing Etsu Yoleen for insults upon my person. If anyone needs me tell them I am busy and to call back later.”
 
“Very well Mr. Takahashi.”
 
She didn't question as to what kind of punishment I was going to give the wench and that spoke of her intelligence. maybe I wouldn't be giving her back once things were back in order.
 
In the elevator the trip down to the infirmery was a short one. I could smell them on this floor and I walked in to the room. I found them tending to the still seriously injured guards that I resurrected. Though the sword brought them back and healed them enough to live the wounds were not all the way closed because I had not felt compassion for them as I had for Rin. It had been more for duty that and respect for the miko for her suggestion that I had brought them back.
 
“Etsu yoleen are you ready to accept your punishment?” her head turned towards me.
 
“What am I a 12 year old? I do not need to be punished.”
 
“You do not seem to understand miko, I do not care what you believe or decide for I am the ruler here and only my wishes carry any weight in this discussion. You will follow me and accept your punishment or it will be worse for you.”
 
“I refuse to be punished by an arrogant youkai who does not seem to understand that I could kill him.”
 
“A mere mortal?” I sneeredand Etsu clenched her hands at her side. “Perhaps you have forgotten our little power struggle in my offfice miko. If you have may I remind you that I am stronger then you.”
 
“Put your beliefs where your mouth is. I challenge you to a duel and the winner will decide whether I am to be punished or not.” I smirked at her.
 
“Very well if you will follow me.” I lead the way to the training grounds. WE shall see who is stronger wench and when I beat you you will be punished.
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V.~~~
 
I had taken the girls to the nearest jewlry store first to look for a necklace for the jewel that would be blessed once Kagome was taught how. I leaned against the wall as they talked animatedly. I smiled at the scene glad to have Kagome happy again. I knew she mised Sango at times like this though she hadn't yet to say a word. The two had been closer then true sisters and Sango would be happy to hear that Kagome and I would finally start the family that she said we should. Hell even I missed the entertainment of Sango bopping the hentai monk for his advances. At least they had lived to a very nice old age and died together in their sleep. We had only been in the store about a half an hour when she came running towards me.
 
“Inuyasha look at what we found!” In her hands was a thin necklace made in silver and white gold. THe strands blended together or maybe braided to look very similar to rope but there was one twixting line of dark blue that caught the eye.
 
“It looks nice Kagome. Is this the one you want?” SHe nodded her head.
 
“Yeah but I need one for the party Can you hold this one?” I took it from her proffered hand and held it between my fingers noticing the texture of the necklace.
 
She went back to Joanne searching the racks and shaking her head. SHe leaned over and whispered something into Joanne's ear but i was unsure what she said sine the noise level in the store covered it. Finally arriving at the last rack I could hear her squeal in happpiness. I sighed grateful thatI wouldn't be draggen into another jewlry store as her and joanne came over.
 
“I found the perfect one! Keade once mentioned a necklace like this. Isn't it pretty Inuyasha?”
 
Glancing at it I felt my breath stick in my throat. The necklace was near identical to the origional that that been attached when I first tried to get it. The white beads looked so similar to the shells that had once been on it. Her holding the chain like that made me realize how similar and yet how different her and her incarnate are. I tried to smile but I could feel the strain as I looked at her.
 
“Inuyasha are you okay? I can get a different one if you like.”
 
“No ist okay.” she looked at me and I almost fidgeted under her stare but I held string and slowly she nodded. We paid for them and left.
 
“Now we can go dress shopping Kagome!” cried out Joanne as she clasped her hands together. Kagome seemed to catch her enthusiasm and nodded as they both grabbed one of my arms and drug me along. I had a feeling it was going to be a long afternoon.
 
End of Chapter 58
 
9-3-05
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
I had pulled out my cell phone and called security to bring up my dear little cousin Satu. IT seems that she refused to join the cleaning crew of the building and had been in confinement since. Not that I really cared.
 
Stepping put I reprogramed the room into a fighting arena. Once that was complete security showed up with Satu.
 
“What the hell is going on here?” she screamed.
 
“you are going to be a training dummy my dear cousin.”
 
“No I am not! You call my father right now and tell him you have me.”
 
“I already have. He said that I can take the maximum amount of time to try and break you of this bad attitude of yours. It seems he was surprised to find out how rude you were and your bumbling of the house mark.” she screamed in rage and I could see her start to transform but before she could I grabbed the binding cuffs and slapped them on her wrists.
 
Her howl of frustration hurt my ears as she returned to her humanoid form. She jerked at the chains only to find her strength reduced to that of a human. I smirked at her when her eyes went to my face and her growl permeated the room.
 
“Take these off now Sesshoumaru! I will not stand for this! I am a lady and you have no right to do this to me!”
 
“How wrong you are dear cousin. I am the second in command here in the East. Inuyasha and your father agreed to let me handle your punishment. Now do be quiet. Etsu Come here.” I said as I glanced at her. I could see her rage in her aura but I was not worried about it.
 
“What youkai?” she said once she arrived.
 
“If you wish you may practice with Etsu. Even if you don't I prefer to warm up and she will be my sparring partner.” Etsu seemed to think about it for a moment before nodding.
 
“What is allowed to practice on her?”
 
“Since she is being punished anything that won't take her youki away permanently or kill her.” she hummed and nodded obviously quiet satisfied. I allowed Etsu to move to the center of the ring and I tossed a staff to Satu.
 
“Begin anytime you are ready Etsu.”
 
I felt her gather her power and begin to separate it. I knew what she was doing for I had seen this before. She was diving up her energies into shields, weapons, and reserves like any good little miko. She had to make sure she saved enough for her duel with me and this allowed her to separate out enough for a small warm up. Satisfied that she was going to be a traditional miko I grabbed a practice sword and began a few katanas to work out my muscles mentally planning my attack.
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~
 
We entered the first shop with enthusiasm. I knew what I wanted for the party or at least the style but color was up for debate and so were shoes and accessories. SHopping with Sesshoumaru was great but then I only picked the colors and allowed the dress make design it to perfection for me. Here things were already made and it was the hunt for the perfect fit that made this so much fun.
 
I had never really been a girlie girl but now I had money to spend and a helper along for the ride. My old friends are great and all but they wouldn't understand why this was so important for me. I could see them now trying to help but having no idea what I had in mind. I was going to choose something that was a near replica of Shippo's old clothes only in a female version and maybe a different color if his turned out to be unflattering.
 
I immediately went over to the dresses that had small vests that went with them and ignored everything else. I knew I probably could have asked Joanne to make me a dress and she would have been happy to do it but she already had so much to do arranging the party and help shippo with all their family members. It would be a night to remember for sure. THat reminds me I need a camera too.
 
Looking through the racks I explained to Joanne what I was looking for and since she had seen Shippo's outfit before it had gotten ruined she was the perfect person to help in getting the dress. We pulled nearly a dozen of similar dresses and went to try them on.
 
The first was a light lavender color with with leaves woven throughout in random places. It had a jacket/vest that hung loosely around my body stopping a few feet from the floor. It looked really nice but it wasn't what I was looking for.
 
The next was a slivery blue also with leaves but had a cluster of berries too alternating along the length. It stopped around my ankles and was a full pouf dress but I had the feeling with trickers in the family it wouldn't be a good idea.
 
The third was closer in that it was green but it was a solid color with blue trimming. It was pulled back at the waist and had an Aline shirt but while slimming and pretty I wanted the leaves.
 
The fourth was a disaster with a dark brown nearly black dress and green vest. I didn't want to say what I looked like the material bunched and I couldn't get comfortable.
 
The fifth was a auburn color and truly a fall color but I looked to pale in it and had to place it back unwillingly.
 
The sixth was a gentle sea green with lovely leaves and so close to Shippo's original shirt that I almost bought it just because. However, it was not to be with the block style and seem lines. I wanted a semi-elegant dress not one that made me look like a twentieth century moo moo. shudder at the thought.
 
The seventh was a pink rose color and looked very nice on me. There were acorns and berries on it and though no leaves the natural nuts and berries almost made up for it. The designs were off white on the pink dress and didn't distract from the color at all just added interest.
 
“Joanne what about this one? I really like it and though it has no leaves I think it would complement Shippo's clothes.”
 
“Kagome while the dress itself is beautiful he is wearing green, blue, and tan this would clash.”
 
“Oh, I suppose your right. I guess I have to look both for something that flatters me and mixes well with his huh?”
 
“That would be a good idea.”
 
“Okay next one I guess.”
 
We eventually ran out of dresses and had to move on to other stores. After three we finally found the perfect one. It was a darker sea green with ivy on it that went to the floor with splits up the side to my knees with a (diet pepsi blue) light blue jacket. It took another six stores to find a matching pair of shoes but I got them. Since I had to wear the jewel I decided to pick up another necklace that matched the jacket and shoes. I also picked up a sterling silver bracelet with little foxes in various poses. It was so cute. We were done in three hours and I felt very proud.
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V.~~~
 
NEVER..Never.. again am I going shopping with two girls. How did Sesshoumaru do it? How does he stand there and take the mindless talk that the two insisted on? `How `bout this one? Or maybe the blue?' God I never want to step into a dress shop again. Shopping with kagome in the past was never such a bother but then again that was food shopping not clothes. For the first time I believe I should have listened to Shippo.
 
He knew he had gotten off lightly if Shippo's stories were true about spending an entire day in the mall where he only had to spend three hours. However the difference was that he could block out unwanted smells and he couldn't. The barrage of smells made him dizzy and the noise was almost more then his ears could take. He tried to rub them to get rid of the ringing.
 
“Inuyasha are you okay?” I nodded as I continued to rub my ears. “Why are you rubbing your ears then?”
 
“You might not hear everything but I do wench so quiet down will ya?” I snapped at kagome and then realized what I had said. Gulping I slowly lowered my hands and turned to look at her. She wasn't crying and that was good and she didn't seem terribly angry another good thing but she looked at me for a minute and then grabbed my hand and lead me to a bench.
 
“Have a seat you jerk.” and she pushed me down and I could hear Joanne giggling a little ways away. For a minute I wasn't sure what to expect but then I felt her hands on my ears and they began circular motions that nearly tickled because of the gentleness she was using.
 
I could also feel her miko powers gently soothing away the pain and I began to hear normally again. I wasn't sure when I started but I began a low growl in my chest in contentment as I leaned back and nudged her hands for more. I was almost asleep when she stopped and before I could control it I whimpered at the loss of her warm hands and soothing aura.
 
“Come on you big puppy we still have to get back.” Kagome grabbed my hand again but I didn't care I was still on a natural high from before and followed docily as my body knew how.
 
~~~Joanne's P.O.V.~~~
 
I had to give Kagome credit for one thing if nothing else she had energy. What I would have taken time with she just rushed through and got what she wanted with no second thoughts. I had thought kits were hard to watch but Kagome seemed to move at even a faster pace then the kits. Inuyasha didn't seem to have trouble keeping up and it made me wonder just how fast and far they walked in the past that they were used to that pace. Then again they were trying to bring down that vile hanyou and perhaps it was just habit? I would have to ask at a later time.
 
Kagome also could change clothes faster then I could. It almost seemed that she went in shut the door and opened it again in a different outfit. (Courtesy skill learned from living with a lecher, heh heh) It was much different then shopping with anyone else in my family but it was a nice change knowing that I was going to be able to get home early and finish preparations for the gathering and actually get some sleep tonight.
 
I hadn't noticed Inuyasha rubbing his ears because he was walking behind us but it seemed kagome had a sixth sense `perhaps a doggie sense' that something was wrong with him. It wasn't till I turned around that I remembered that he was hanyou and didn't have the control to filter out noises and smells. It was funny to watch Kagome boss around a creature that could kill her in seconds and him actually listening was even more astounding.
 
I giggled when I heard his growl it seemed so much like the purr my father told me about. I could feel Kagome's power rise just a little and the effect on Inuyasha was in interesting as he did indeed act like a puppy pushing against his owners hand for attention. I so wished I had a camera handy.
 
Following his little ear rub we went our separate ways since what we had set out to do was done and we all still had things to do. I was happy for my heart's uncle to finally have someone he was so comfortable around. He had been kind and gruff before but he still held a small distance between our family and himself but now he seemed so much more willing to be around us kids that it was surprising. I had been lucky to see him once every few months once I had grown up but seeing the changes just a few days made with Kagome back was heart warming. Perhaps he would finally make the offer to officially adopt Shippo into the Inu clan.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
I had watched out of the corner of my eye at the miko as she practiced a number of spells on Satu. I was almost positive that she had something up her sleeve that she thought I couldn't beat but that was to be seen. Satu looked much worse for wear once the miko was done with gashes that were healing much slower then normal and ripped clothing. I could see the fire in her eyes as she watched the miko perform spell after spell and knew she wanted revenge but she stayed silent.
 
Almost an hour later the miko announced that she was ready and I nodded as the guards removed satu's chains but left the cuffs so that she was still restrained. Satu was given a blade that i knew she favored and we began. I moved slowly as to allow her time to block since this was for show against the miko. I was allowing her to build a sense of confidence if she didn't know about my speed and it also gave Satu a chance to defend herself.
 
“Come of it Sesshoumaru and get a move on. we both know you are faster then this. Don't treat me like an infidel just because of these restraints.” she growled in Inu.
 
“I am not doing it for your benefit Satu but for the miko's. You would not be able to keep up if I went faster but if you are so willing to be hurt then I will speed up.” I growled back and attacked with faster moves but still nothing a human couldn't see.
 
Twenty minutes later I stopped and had the security guards take hold of her again. “Now Satu are you willing to be part of the staff or do you want your cell until I can get down to beat your attitude out of you?” she growled at me but I ignored her. “Speak now Satu or I will have you tossed in a restraining cell and you will have nothing but maybe a few bugs to keep you company.”
 
“Fine.” her voice was harsh in anger. “I will join your pitiful staff.” I nodded and the guards took hold of her arms. “Have her report to my lead maid She will know what to do.” They saluted and lead her away.
 
“Now then Miko are you ready for your duel?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Yumi are you to stand as witness?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Very well.” I stepped to my side of the ring. “Shall we begin?” The miko nodded and i was off.
 
“You can not use an invisible spell in a duel.” the miko screamed. I stopped behind her and whispered into her ear.
 
“I am not using an invisible spell. I am merely using speed.” and I darted from behind her to stand in front of her as she had turned to look over her should to see that I was no longer there.
 
“In front of you miko.” I said as I stood at ease. Her head jerked towards my voice and I began a simple dance like move to demonstrate moving faster with each step till again I seemed to disappear.
 
“Cheap illusions.” she scoffed as she raised her bow. I raised an eyebrow at her but let her believe what she willed she would soon find out the truth. I let her take aim and fire a few shots. Each was plucked out of the air and the power put into them over come with mine. Once she was satisfied that she must have at least hit once she stopped and I approached her slowly. In one hand I held each of her arrows and raised them in front on her face and snapped the six arrows in half before I dropped them to the ground.
 
“Try again.” she cast a barrier and knelt down to pick up a piece of her arrow and her faced turned into a scowl.
 
“How did you know the symbol I place on the tail end of my arrows? No demon can touch a purified arrow. These must be fake.”
 
“No weak demon yes. However, I am not weak. I did not know that you placed anything on your arrows. I only caught them and over whelmed the power you placed in them.”
 
“Impossible.”
 
“Would you prefer to try without the arrows?” I smirked as her aura flared and she took off the quiver and dropped it to the ground.
 
“Very well youkai. I shall test you theory.”
 
The real duel began as i used my whip to shatter her barriers and strike at her while she used her hands to send bolts of power. I never bothered to dodge her weak attacks I merely raised my own power to absorb them. I called upon kagome's power to help. Using the bond that we had created I absorbed her power and built it up and soon I would release it back at her.
 
I toyed with her for a while allowing her to weaken herself more and more. The miko's movements slowed as nearly an hour passed and her energy was truly getting low. She was tapping into her reserves now and I hadn't yet broken a sweat.
 
Finally she seemed ready for something desperate and I could feel her gathering her energy as I again struck at her barrier. As it shattered I wrapped my whip around her and allowed the poison to take affect. Her concentration shattered and her power dissipated into nothingness. I allowed the poison to burn for a short while before strengthening it back into a solid whip.
 
“Not so strong now are you miko? I believe I have won the match and now I get to decide your punishment. As I have stated you will not be paid for two months as you train my miko. You will join Yumi in her service of my building and its residents. I will not stand for any back talk and you will address my as Mr. Takahashi or milord not youkai. If you break any of these rules or cause any problems for my other staff then I shall use this whip that i have around you now and allow the poison to flow. your skin will become nothing but scars and ragged skin if you misbehave. Head my warning both of you.” I allowed the whip to dissipate and turned my back to leave. I could feel something behind me and I released the pent up miko energies neutralizing the problem. I could hear two gasps from behind me but I paid no heed.
 
“That will be 10 lashes tomorrow miko. See yourself to the infirmary. You smell of blood and my servants are clean.” I stepped into the elevator and turned around. I watched for a moment Yumi help her sister up before the doors closed.
 
End of Chapter 59
 
9-5-05
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~
 
We arrived back at the western building a little after six in the evening. I took my purchases to my room and hung up the dress and placed the jewelry in my wardrobe jewelry case. I freshened up by washing my face and changing shirts. Feeling much better I began to wonder what Sesshoumaru did to Etsu.
 
I knew he wasn't happy with how she defied him but though I was a compassionate soul I knew she brought it upon herself. I stood up to him in the past but as an enemy not a potential employee and never did I call him just `youkai'. I shivered at the thought of his anger when she called him that. Shaking off needless thoughts I headed down to his office to eat.
 
When the elevator doors opened I only saw Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru. Curious as to where the others were I opened my mouth to ask but was cut off.
 
“Yumi is tending to her sister and shall join us momentarily. The other miko is resting in the infirmary.” I nearly gasped.
 
“What did you do to her that she is in the infirmary?” My hands rose to rest on my sides and my foot started to tap. Sesshoumaru only raised a brow and didn't comment. I huffed at his attitude and after a while I began to feel silly standing there like I was so giving an aggravated growl I stormed to my seat and sat down. I opted to cross my arms and stare at him instead.
 
“Kagome I will not answer such a needless question. If you must know ask Yumi or the other miko. I care not.”
 
“And why can't you answer?”
 
“I do not wish to.” I huffed again but let it go. I knew she wasn't dead since he said I could still talk to her and that is all I could really expect from him.
 
“Inuyasha has he told you what happened?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Well..?”
 
“Not now Kagome. Maybe after dinner okay?” I sighed they both didn't want to talk and I had a feeling using the `speak' command would be a bad idea. I settled into my chair and wondered if maybe I should try to seduce an answer but before I could decide on whether that was a good idea the elevator beeped and out came Yumi with a bandaged Etsu at her side.
 
I stood up and nearly ran to Etsu to help her to the table but I held back realizing that if I did so it would tarnish her honor since she didn't ask for help. I also realized that I had ties to the house of the moon now and I couldn't help someone whom Sesshoumaru saw fit to punish. I had been angry at her for her words to him and agreed to some degree that she needed an attitude adjustment but I wasn't sure if that adjustment justified bandages. There was also a strange feeling as if there were hands upon my shoulders holding me back. So I sat back down and once I did I could hear the brother's almost sub vocal growl of approval.
 
Once they were seated an uncomfortable silence settled but none dared to break the tentative silence. I had to hold myself still as I felt like fidgeting but thankfully the elevator beeped again announcing supper. I nearly leap from my seat to help but I held still. Supper was served and I waited for Sesshoumaru to begin.
 
Before my fork even made it to the plate I heard someone clear their throat. I glanced up but no one was looking at me so again I tried and again the clearing of the throat. From behind my bangs I saw Etsu looking at me.
 
“What is it Etsu?” my words were clipped.
 
“You are holding the fork wrong.” I looked at her and she held up her hand and I could see the difference. I corrected it and she nodded and I speared some food and was about to place it in my mouth when I heard her clear her throat again.
 
“What now?” I said gruffly and she showed me how to shake the extra sauce off my chicken so that I wouldn't have to dab my chin later. The rest of the meal went on in a similar fashion from how to correctly hold each utensil, how to properly shake and eat every dish that had been served, to finally the replacing of the silverware. I also learned how to place my silver ware on the plate once I as done so that the waitresses at the presentation knew to take it away. What would have taken only 20 minutes to eat took a full hour and by that time the food was cold and didn't taste as good but I was hungry and I still ate it all.
 
Once we were all done Yumi and Etsu left to go back to the infirmary and I was called over to the couch. I vaguely remembered something about more training but my head was a little fuzzy.
 
“Kagome you made a very good point earlier and it is time to rectify our mistake in falling behind in your house training. You have completed many of your other tasks so well and you have been to the past it was hard to remember that you had no prior dealing with the houses and that is solely our fault. It was almost like a spell to forget because on my list to complete for every new house breeder is the education behind the houses. With all that has been going on it wouldn't surprise me if it was. So I have here a list of the major houses of each youkai animal category. Dealings with houses that are natural enemies is difficult and some are because of past grievances.”
 
“Okay I get that much. So do I just study the list and hope not to mess up or are you going to maybe give me some information on the breeders so that I know who to talk to and who to avoid.” they blinked and then looked at each other. I groaned mentally for I knew this was the classic look of `was I supposed to do that?'.
 
“How bout this Sesshoumaru. You go over there to your computer and see if you have a personality profile of the house breeders since you had one on the house leaders while Inuyasha and I study the list to see what I can learn tonight?” I motioned for him to scoot along and to my surprise he just stood up and went. Grinning like the cheshire cat I turned to Inuyasha.
 
“So are you ready to explain to me the houses?” Inuyasha groaned but nodded.
 
“The house of the moon has several allies including myself and now our uncle's the Kin Kanemaru (House of the golden circle, Thanks Dean!). Our uncle has only recently come to our side and we are no sure exactly of our standing. We will be finding out tomorrow. Also we have The Kin Kawakami (House of the Water God) they have been stead fast in loyalty. The house encompasses many forms of youkai from sharks, whales, fish, and almost any other under water creature. The lord over the house is Kaijin (Sea god) his original name has been lost since the change when he assumed the throne. He is a immigrated walrus but his clan is one of the few faster breeding ones and has kept the position by numbers.”
 
“Another is Kin Fushin (House of the loyal, Thanks LadySesshoumaru_1) a house made up primarily of lesser inu's and wolves.”
 
“Lesser? In what way?”
 
“Well in power for one but also in stature. Their true forms aren't the Titan size like our line but only about the size of a horse or so. However, they make great scouts and such so they also have been closely tied to us.”
 
“I see. So am I to expect challenges from the houses tied to us?”
 
“I can't say no for sure because breeders are separate from political maneuvers. You would think that the two are tied together since the houses have to pay for them but it was decided long ago that if a breeding female of a house wanted something more then her current station she would fight for it like everyone else. So they removed the penalties for houses whose breeders challenge allies one's.”
 
“So you're saying that I am going to be left alone to fight every female that wants my place?” His look turned pensive.
 
“Not exactly. You see that is why there is a rating system. You fight the weakest first and if you defeat them you move up. Each fight at the ball is designed to find your fighting plateau and once you are beaten you are in that category. None stronger can challenge you and only the first victor gets the reward.”
 
“Okay. So what exactly is the difference between the presentation and the ball?”
 
“ Presentation is the showing off of the chosen house breeder. A way to either rub it in your competitions face about one of a few things like strength, power, beauty, skills like anything from singing to fighting, or one of the most prized is smell. The real complement to any house is that the house leader's scent mixes well with hers. Now I know we have mentioned the ball being hosted any where from six months to a year after this. The ball is where the challenges take place.”
 
“Since the presentation is a getting to know you and how strong are you deal the ball itself lasts anywhere from three days to a month depending on the challenges. If the other breeder wins the breeder can make a deal to bear a child for that house and is paid anywhere from her yearly pay to triple. The house is forced to accept whatever she demands on payment in cash at least.”
 
“However, the more conniving ones will try and gut any breeder literally so that she can't breed. If she can't breed then she can demand to take place of the fallen breeder for that house and gets paid her house's pay along with the one she beat. It is a fierce competition.”
 
“Nice of someone to not to mention this earlier when I had the choice between becoming a regular breeder and a house one.”
 
“Are you regretting your decision?” his voice wavered and I felt bad. It wasn't his fault how the system was set up.
 
“No Inuyasha. It's just that this would have been nice to know a little earlier so that I had more time to adjust to the idea.”
 
“you sure?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Well you can see why the presentation is so important. We have to show our money's power on the outfits you wear, the gifts to your family, and how pure you are. Each house takes a risk with this but I know you Kagome and you are much stronger now then in the past. This time you will have the training to beat them off. Sesshoumaru and I have been carefully planning this for you. We are trying to keep you with only our allies but some of them have minor houses that aren't with us. So just be careful in what you say and do and everything should be fine.”
 
“Ugh. Should be? SHOULD BE? Inuyasha what could go wrong?” Inuyasha began to chuckle nervously.
 
“What my idiot brother means is that if you by chance insult someone to much they can challenge you to a duel. You fight with only what you have on you at the moment of the challenge and nothing else. If you lose then depending on who it is they could get anything from a breeder's reward to your life. Not that you would necessarily stay dead since I do have my sword but you would be killed.”
 
“My kami. You guys really know how to relieve the pressure off a girl don't you?” I scowled at Sesshoumaru but it seems that the sarcasm was lost on him when he said, “Good now concentrate.” I threw my hands in the air in frustration and shook my head. I had a feeling that it was going to be a long couple days ahead, longer then the past week anyway, and I just wondered how I was going to make it through it all.
 
End of Chapter 60
 
9-5-05
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~
 
For over four hours I studied the list and the interactions of the houses. My head hurt with all the knowledge and I wanted nothing more then to sleep. I nearly almost just crawled into bed and just as I was bout to clap the light off I noticed the journal I found earlier. The tiredness I had been feeling dissipated at the thought of reading another entry of the journal so instead i propped myself up and picked up the journal carefully. Turning past the first couple pages I came to the next entry.
 
Dear Journal,
 
Last I wrote was when I was ten now I am almost 20 and today is the day I am finally allowed to join the guards. Though I know my mother is worried with the war that seemed pending I knew she was proud of me. I kept up with my training under the old general after he retired five years ago. He taught me how to be ambidextrous so that I could handle a sword in either hand in case of injury. It was hard learning how to be as accurate with my right as I had been with my left but I finally succeeded.
 
As far as I knew Father knew nothing of him helping me for the past few years. Since I still had my great curiosity he allowed me the freedom to roam the palace at will. I still help my mother now and then and can even cook something besides army rations and soup. My favorite is oden that my mother makes but I can make a good helping myself when she is busy. I know how to sow my own clothes and make my own shoes. However, I believe my greatest accomplishment is becoming a journeyman blacksmith.
 
Totosai believes that I can hear the metal or something of the sort. Basically I think he means is that I know where to place my blows to make the most of it and what the metal should look like or should I say wants to look like. Some of the swords I have made seem strange to me but they are effective and razor sharp so I guess that is all that matters.
 
Inspiration struck me one day as I was creating a new sword. I had seen Totosai add his power into the a sword to make it stronger or have a special attack but it was after a friend of mine lost his brother on patrol and brought back his body that got me thinking. The guy was in such sorrow to lose his partner, they had been the best team we had and the loss was heavily felt. So if spells and power could be added to a sword could one give life as well as take? I ran the idea past Totosai and he seemed reluctant to have anything to do with it but eventually I got him to see it me way.
 
In secret we forged the blade and scouted out a miko to bless it with her site of the underworld. Adding my fang and his power we cast the spell that would hopefully bring back the dead. It took nearly a forth night to produce and finish but finally it was done.
 
After testing it we found it to actually work and in my travels as a scout in training I explored its powers. so far the body can only be less then a week old and that was disheartening as I had been hoping to give back my friend his brother but it was not to be. I found that any spirit that lingered could be spoken to with its power and it could also heal. So the sword was dubbed the Tenseiga and has been hanging in the back of my wardrobe ever since.
 
It has only been two moon phases since its creation and now I began to worry about it falling into the wrong hands so tonight I took it back to Totosai and cast one last spell. Using my blood it was bound to my direct descendants and now I didn't have t worry so much about it falling into the wrong hands.
 
I have also been talking to the princesses and they are worried that they will be sent off to be mated to our enemies as a way of procuring peace but the rumors and gosip I have heard from mother say that it is a ruse to bring out the traitors. If this works then there will be no war. I pray to the kamis every night that it does. It is getting late and I have to get some sleep for training tomorrow. I will write again.
 
I placed down the journal and thought about what I had read. It said he was the one that made Sesshoumaru's sword so does that mean Toshiro is Sesshoumaru's father? I would have to ask in the morning. It was interesting to hear that Totosai was once in the western palace and a respected sword smith by it seemed everyone. When i was in the past he was in that dingy cave and no one respected him not even Inuyasha or Sesshoumaru.
 
It was sad if he was truly such a remarkable youkai in his prime. Toshiro seemed such an interesting character wanting to know about everything and actually learning how not just the process. I wish I could have met him. I saw his bones in the land between this and the next but his size alone was truly Titan. Hard to believe he fell in love with such a small human maiden.
 
I shrugged and hoped that maybe he wrote about Sesshoumaru's mother and Inuyasha's later it would be neat to know something about them. With that I lifted the covers and laid down to sleep clapping for the lights to shut off.
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V.~~~
 
Teaching Kagome about the houses had been harder then I thought. She just didn't understand what youkai were natural enemies except for a few and which were mutually beneficial. I sighed and went to the bathroom to take some Headache medicine. Coming back after swallowing the vile pills I saw Sesshoumaru watching T.V.
 
“Hey Sess. What are you doing still up?”
 
“It seems that the idea I gave our enemy has been put into practice. The news has been reporting on three bodies so far found with a spell preserving the body and hiding the smell until the spouse lays next to it.”
 
“Yuck. Did you have to give it such a vile idea?”
 
“I only spoke truth. It is in the youkai history books all they had to do was look it up. I could have told them one that wasn't in the book. Would you rather me tell them?” I shook my head. The ones he was talking about were nearly forbidden for the horror they caused the soul of a person to live thru.
 
“Any luck in tracking the murderer?”
 
“No. I received a phone call earlier from Detective Nori saying that the doll had taken over everyone in the precinct and he had to knock them all out to wake them up. All the police stations have been notified and put on high alert.”
 
“Jeez. No one has done anything like this since Naraku. Any ideas on who it is?”
 
“No.”
 
“Well that sucks.”
 
“yes.”
 
“Anyway what are the plans for tomorrow and the morning after? We don't have much more time.”
 
“I know this Inuyasha. Tomorrow you will train with her again and afterwards I will resume light training in her sais. She will practice her powers and archery with both miko's. After lunch you will continue the with the houses while I punish Etsu for her attempted attack.”
 
“Attempted?”
 
“Yes. I found that with the bond we created that I can absorb miko power and unleash it back to the caster or target of my choice. She did something after the duel was over and I unleashed the energy back at her nullifying the attack. She receives ten lashes from my whip tomorrow.”
 
“Ouch. Neat trick can I do the same?”
 
“I do not know. We will have to test it later.”
 
“Okay. So after that?”
 
“hn. Dinner etiquette again along with perhaps more defense training. I might change the last depending on what happens.”
 
“So you aren't working?”
 
“I have completed my work for the week. As long as no emergencies happen all will be alright.”
 
“Well cross your fingers then.”
 
“To what purpose would that serve?”
 
“Ugh. Haven't you heard the expression?”
 
“hn.”
 
“I'll take that as a no then. It means hope for luck. Well I am off to bed. See you in the morning.”
 
“Indeed.”
 
“bastard.” I mumbled on my way out. As I was about to disappear around the corner something struck the back of my head. Quickly turning I saw a small rock that was part of the tiny Zen garden on the floor. I bent down and picked it up. Glancing back at my so called brother I chucked it only to watch him catch it and toss it back into the garden as if nothing happened. Scowling at him I turned back around and headed to bed. It was to late at night for dealing with his shit.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
I mentally chuckled at my brother's scowl and waited patiently for him to leave. I idly watched the news, it having no bearing on my life but I watched to see if the murderer was creative or mearly a copycat. However, he should have known that they wouldn't go into enough detail for him to know so with a click the T.V. was off and he stood. Stretching his muscles he decided to check on Kagome to make sure she went to bed.
 
Strolling down the hall he reached her door. More quiet then a mouse the door opened to reveal a gleaming mass of ebony hair that shone in the moonlight. Stepping inside he neared the bed taking in her appearance. She laid on her side with her hand curled up in the blankets resting below her chin. Her long lashes brushed against her cheeks and her mouth slightly parted for breath. She looked so small laying there asleep.
 
He took a few more steps to be at her side and reached down to run his fingers through her hair untangling it a little and again finding he liked the feeling of her hair. Combing to her side he stopped and placed his hand over her mark. The pulse of it was in time with her heart and the power that centered there was very strong. Seeing that it continued to grow properly he stepped back and quietly retreated to the door. With a final glance he closed it to head up to his room. Funny after a few days with her in his bed he found the thought of sleeping alone bothersome.
 
When he reached his room he laid down and tried to sleep. Tossing and turning he found that sleep refused to come. The clock showed 12:30 a.m. and still he wasn't asleep. Growling in frustration a nonsense thought crossed his mind. Perhaps Kagome's scent would help him sleep? Finding no other idea he uncharacteristically grumbled to himself and headed back to her room. Opening the door he was surprised to find Inuyasha already curled up in front of her and Kagome now in the center of the bed. Inuyasha's opened his eyes and he knew that he saw him.
 
“What are you doing here Sess?”
 
“I could ask you the same question little brother.”
 
“Couldn't sleep so I asked Kagome to let me sleep here.”
 
“WHy is she holding you?”
 
“Hmm. She was rubbing..yawn..my ears.”
 
“Indeed.” ignoring the glare I made my way round to the other side and climb in. Pulling the covers over myself I wrapped my arm around her waist.
 
“mmh? Sesshoumaru?” Kagome had opened her eyes to see me leaning over her.
 
“Yes Kagome?”
 
“What you here for?” she mumbled.
 
“Nevermind just go back to sleep.”
 
“'k.” her eyes closed and she snuggled into Inuyasha's hair.
 
“Night Sess.”
 
“Night Inu.” Tucking my head into her hair I finally found peace and quickly succumbed to the slumber I had sought.
 
End of Chapter 61