InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ Chapter 32-51 ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~~Still Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I arrived back in my home still upset that more and more problems were being discovered. What I really needed to be thinking about was the woman I was about to take to lunch and shopping for her formal wear. I didn't hear the shower so I assumed I had been gone long enough for her to finish. I entered the hallway just in time to see the bathroom door open.
 
What ever I had been about to say was forgotten as soon as she stepped into the hallway. Her head was titled to the side with her hair over one shoulder drying it with her towel. She didn't bother to check to see if anyone was around as she made her way to her room I supposed. My eyes were glued to her form swaying gently as she walked away. I could see a hint of her breast under her hair and followed it down her to her very trim waist. I could see the muscles in her back move which lead me down to her butt. `The skirt did not do her justice.' (If anyone remembers he wondered what she would look without it several chapters back) Her legs were as finely toned as he had thought and were long and slender. Her feet seemed almost as tiny as her hands. The view was abruptly cut off by her bedroom door.
 
I waited a moment and ingrained the day and the image into my memory. I would not allow myself to forget the first time I saw her nude and I figured it was pay back for walking in on him. If I had had trouble before controlling my beast well this just made it ten times harder knowing what at least lay under the backside of her clothes. I could feel myself start to harden at the thoughts of ravishing the vixen that was just down the hall. My hands clenched into fists and my long nails started to dig into my skin.
 
I closed my eyes and took a couple deep breaths. Firmly taking control over myself I walked into the bathroom to wash the blood off my hands. Shutting off the water I looked at my hands to see the cuts starting to heal. The dark blood that ran in my veins would soon be in a new generation. I knew I had most likely waited to long to do this and it had been centuries since I had taken care of a child. But Rin hadn't come to me a newborn pup she was well under her way in growing up. I had only taken her in after I resurrected her and she had been almost entirely self sufficient.
 
The birth of my brother flashed in my mind. I could remember the look on his father's face as he held the pup. For a moment I had thought the human had somehow given birth to a full blooded demon when I saw only hair and ears. I had stepped closer to get a better look as my father leaned down to show me. If it weren't for his ears and hair I would have said it was a human babe. His eyes though were a puppy newborn blue that as he grew older had changed to the golden hue of his father's line.
 
He could remember the indecision in his feelings towards the new pup. He had wanted a sibling but a full blood like him and his father. The pup had reeked of blood and birthing fluids but his father couldn't have been happier. Watching he could feel a sense of dread descending upon the house. Fear struck when his father had told him his name.
 
“My boy this is your new brother Inuyasha.”
 
That he had intended to keep the pup and raise him was an outrage. The other lords would rebel and challenge him. There would no longer be any peace in the western lands as long as he lived. I growled at my father and told him that he should kill the mongrel and the next thing I knew he had back handed me into the wall.
 
“You shall treat him with respect Sesshoumaru!” I got up but was wary now and wiped my jaw clean of blood.
 
“Why?! I am only telling you what the other lords will say! It's an outrage to them and to ME! You would allow the second in line for the thrown to be a HALF-BREED! You have dishonored the house of the moon Father. The peace here in the western lands shall become war! Everyone will believe us weak. And you,” I pointed a finger at the pup, “WANT ME to RESPECT that?”
 
My father's eyes had turned Red and I could see him trying to hold onto his sanity. Back then I wasn't a very bright since I was just about midway through my puberty stage. I had continued. “You took a human to your bed and made her your mate but never presented her to the other lords. You tried to keep it a secret and it was found out. They had been generous and had let it slide thinking that she was taken in your heat and you were properly ashamed. Now you dare to keep the pup you sired? They will believe you are rubbing it in their faces that you believe you are stronger and better then them. It is to great an insult to ignore this time. Individually you are stronger but even you and even the western lands could not stand against the other three if they decide to join together. I...”
 
“Enough!” My father roared. He had given the pup to the midwife and stalked towards me. I had held my ground knowing I might get hurt but the words I spoke were the truth I would not back down. “There you see.” I had been confused.
 
“See what?”
 
“You aren't backing down to your alpha. You are not repenting for your actions. You think you are in the right and you know you are about to get hurt yet you stay.” I nodded still not getting what he meant.
 
“I raised you to be like me son. You are me in some ways and here is a good example. I know I made a mistake with the other lords and not presenting my mate but I will not destroy any pup for its parent's mistake. You will be a big brother to Inuyasha and as long as I am the lord of this castle you shall respect him and treat him as you are treated. My word is law on this Sesshoumaru do not test me.”
 
Though my father was a great ruler and a great fighter he did not know me as well as he thought. After his decree I watched and learned every imperfection he had compared to myself and the demon race in general. I teased him and tormented him for the jealousy he caused in me. Father doted on him and he quickly became the apple of his eye and in return he became a brat that even my teasing and tormenting couldn't break through the ego he developed. By the age of six he thought nothing bad could happen to him and father kept him safe allowing him to believe it. Then came the challenges and father would disappear for a season or two at a time allowing me to rule in his absence. Finally he had returned wary and exhausted to his mate and pup. I had stood at the side and watched what would be the final family embrace.
 
The following morning father and I had been going over some paper work when a messenger arrived. The Lord of the Dragons had challenged father to a duel in his lands. My father was to come within three days time and alone. It would be to the death and if father lost his mate and child had to be handed over for their amusement. Father was livid and though still tired had left immediately.
 
I had a bad feeling about it but he had ordered me to stay, so I did. Two days later he stumbled into the castle heavily wounded and dying. He called for Inuyasha and he was brought. The next thing I knew father had raised his hand and held something black and shiny. He started to chant and even I couldn't understand what he was saying. When he finished a great rush of wind blew through the castle and I had covered my eyes to keeping dust from getting in. When the wind settled I removed my arm to see Inuyasha on the floor crying but the body of my father was gone. Turning to the mirror in the study my red moon turned to blue telling me my father was dead.
 
The first order of business was to kick out the brat and his mother. I sent them away with a small guard and some money back to her father's in disgrace. I would allow the humans to punish her. Next I had sent out a decree saying that my father was dead and that I was the new ruler. I had said that the half-breed was gone and only the pure of blood remained. During that period I had no heart and became known as the aristocratic assassin. I took down every house that had dared to challenge my father and took all the land and riches. The west had almost doubled within two decades.
 
When my father's will finally surfaced I was told where to get my sword and that one had been made and hidden for my brother. When I went to get my sword and found out what is did as compared to my brothers sword I went on a 5 day rampage. No one had been safe and no one was shown any mercy. When I had finally calmed down I found out that I had destroyed a good third of my expanded lands.
 
It took my decades more to fix the treaties and the damage I had done. It took me longer to find out where my father's tomb was hidden and the location of the Tetsusaiga. Once I found out I of course went to battle him for the black pearl that I realized had been what my father had been holding. It was then I met the girl for the first time hiding behind my pitiful brother. During the battle I had truly tried to kill her. I was surprised when she had actually gotten up out of the puddle of my acid poison and started to scold me for trying to kill her. I had lost my arm due to my arrogance and pride. Since I had lost the bone of my arm I couldn't use my youki to regrow the muscles skin. A demon could survive almost any wound if they were strong enough but those with great power could regrow limbs as long as they had the bones. (Think about how mistress centipede had reattached her own limbs in the beginning of the series) Losing it in his father's tomb had cost him his arm for centuries. He could see no way to get back there and get it so he had a mechanical one made. Though it would need to be replaced to at least it lasted longer then the borrowed arms of prey.
 
And now things had come full circle. Here he was about to take a human breeder but he wasn't repeating his father's mistake and not presenting her to the other lords. He was going to have full blooded children and no one could say that his brother had not earned his place both as the heir to the western lands but a ruler in his own right over the east. And once his own children were born he would have his own heirs and hopefully he would do a better job at raising his pups then his father did. Because the kamis know it took a pure hearted miko and a powerful jewel for them to finally put the past behind them and work together.
 
Looking at himself in the mirror one last time he sighed..................
`Only time will tell'
 
*** Okay people I am SORRY that this is going to be the only chapter for the day but I promise to have the second chapter and the other two out tomorrow. I have been slightly tied up and apologize profusely to all my readers. Just PLEASE don't shoot me! (author darts around looking for cover but the only thing she finds is underneath her desk, heh heh....gulp....)***
 
 
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
When Sesshoumaru left I went to lay out a couple outfits that I could try on. There were a few things I still needed such as a full length mirror to check how I looked, the love seat under the window, a hamper, and a couple of shelves for books that I wanted to buy. I stripped in my room and left the clothes by the door and went to the bathroom.
 
Once I got under the hot water I realized just how sore my muscles were both from running and practice. I gave myself a massage to loosen up so I wouldn't be stiff tomorrow but it took longer then I had wanted it too. I stepped out and dried off I opened the door and walked out toweling my hair as I went. I felt as if someone was watching me when I stepped out but since the presence wasn't threatening I just hurried to my bedroom. It was when I got inside that I realized that I had forgotten to wrap a towel around my waist in my hurry to get dressed.
 
Mortified that whoever I had felt outside had seen me nude made me want to hide in my room and not come out. The only problem with that was I was sure that Sesshoumaru would have no qualms about coming in and dragging me out to that lunch meeting he had clothed or unclothed.
 
Sighing I put on the first outfit. It was a light green V-neck short sleeve top, a slightly darker green skirt that flowed around my ankles topping off with nice flat sandals. I didn't feel awe inspiring but it was nice and it showed off a few curves while being modest. The neck cam just about my bra by a half inch to make sure if the shirt twisted that it wouldn't show it. I looked at the other out fits one was a red silk shirt with a knee length black skirt, and the last was a tan dress pant with a fluffy with blouse.
 
Twirling in the green shirt I felt confidant that this would do and not embarrass me if I accidentally tripped of something. I brushed my hair and left it to dry since it had a nice slight curl to it naturally. Opening my door I didn't see anyone so I stepped out hoping that maybe it had been my imagination that I had felt someone watching me.
 
Walking by the bathroom I heard the sink running and then it shut off. Peering around the door I saw Sesshoumaru holding his hands in front of him. Curious as to why he would just be standing there I started to walk closer.
 
Before I reached him I could see him starring blindly at the mirror with his eyes slightly lowered. He glanced up and for a moment I was sure he saw me but he turned around and stopped suddenly when he saw me that I knew he had been thinking to hard about something. He stared at me for a long moment before speaking.
 
“That will do.” I wasn't sure if he was referring to me or something else.
 
“Huh?” I could have sworn I saw him roll his eyes before focusing back on me.
 
“Did you not ask This Sesshoumaru to judge your clothes for lunch on my way out?” I blushed and nodded my head.
 
“Ah. Sesshoumaru?” I was nervous and not sure he would share what I wanted to know but I had to ask.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Could I ask you a slightly personal question?” he raised an eyebrow but nodded his head.
 
“When I walked by I heard the water and peaked in wondering who was home.” I blushed harder thinking how that sounded but I plowed on. “You were holding your hands in front of you like. I don't know...I guess like something was wrong? I mean my question is what were you thinking about that you failed to notice me?” I watched as his eye flashed red for a moment and I wondered if maybe I was out of line. “Never mind Sesshoumaru I didn't mean to pry
 
“Hush up Kagome.” while his words were nicer then being told to `shut up' the tone he said it in had me cringing.
 
“Let us get going and I will explain on the way. We are running late.”
 
He walked by me and I was almost positive I had pissed him off and he was trying not to take it out on me. I was deeply thankful that even if I did make him angry that he wouldn't hit me was a great relief. Since he had almost killed me in the past several times I still wasn't completely sure how much I really meant to him. Wounding me or hitting me somewhere non vital didn't seem too unlikely. After all he had done it numerous times to Inuyasha.
 
I scolded myself on my thoughts. `He has been nothing but nice to you since you got here. He has given you everything you asked for including a bed made of his own fur! Yes he may be mad but he is certainly not going to hurt his breeder for Kami sakes. After all mom did mention that they had been looking for a long time and he wouldn't want to be purified or battle his brother over a question he said I could ask.'
 
I hurried and followed after him getting in the elevator with him. He was still angry and I tried to calm him like I had done before but he turned towards me and I stopped. “What do you think you are doing?” I gulped.
 
“I was trying to calm you back down since you didn't seem angry until I asked what you were thinking of. I didn't mean to make you mad and I certainly didn't mean to pry. I was just wondering.” I twisted my hands in front of me staring at the floor.
 
“I was thinking of my father.” I was silent as we exited the elevator and walked out of the building. As he pushed the buttons for a chair he continued.
 
“My father was a fair ruler and a great fighter. However, he had his failings and raising pups was one of them. When I was the only surviving pup of my moms litter and it was later found out that she was barren, my father's dreams of a house filled with pups was gone. And so in his depression took several human women to his bed. My mother was not a demanding person and waited years for my father to return to their bed. But one unfortunate day she found out about his secret human whores and it caused her so much grief. My mother committed jagai (women suicide) to allow my father to take another mate to bear his pups. It took him three days to realize that she was dead and it was another week later that he found out one of his human whores was pregnant.”
 
“The woman had been one he had come across in his wanderings in his depression. He bought her from her father. The woman had been a noblewoman supposedly but my father paid enough to the greedy man that he gave her away without a second thought. When she became pregnant he was over joyed and it sickened me when he marked her as his new mate.”
 
“My mother, though barren, was a better choice to keep then a human mate when at the time the other Tai youkai hated humans. They would have understood having a concubine bearing him anymore children but a human? A human mate? No they didn't stand for it and they demanded that she be presented and allowed to be challenged for the right to be his mate from other youkai women that would have killed their own mothers to be lady of the west. However, when he refused to present her they thought that she was taken during his heat and let it slide thinking he was properly ashamed.” The chair arrived and they stepped in.
 
“When they found out a couple years later that he had sired a pup on his human mate they went into frenzy. Challenge after challenge was issued until one day, roughly six years after he marked her, a challenge came from the Lord of the Dragons that he had three days to meet him in his kingdom to fight to the death. He had succeeded in beating him but stumbled two days later into the castle dying. He called for Inuyasha, not me or his mate but Inuyasha, and pulled what I later learned was the black pearl from his sash.”
 
“He started chanting and there was a strong gust of wind and I had to cover my eyes. When I could see again my father's body was gone and my red moon turned blue. I was now the lord and though I am not proud of it now I sent Inuyasha and his mother back to her family in disgrace. In order to appease the other lords and my own jealous heart, I spent the next decades fighting the challengers that had believed the west to be weak and took everything they had. Lands and riches, it mattered not. I was bent on revenge and so I became what the youkai society still calls me, the aristocratic assassin.”
 
“For those six years my father battled for a son that should never have been born. For years I had to keep my own mother in the dark to protect her and it did no good. It wasn't until almost a century later when a maid was giving birth, that I over heard how my own mother became barren. It seems the mother had been a poison youkai like mine and had passed on the ability. But the child was a breach birth and released tiny amounts of poison into her womb. It destroyed it like mine had destroyed my mother's. In the end it was my poison that killed my mother not my father. My father had been a truly loyal mate until after I was born; they were the envied couple everywhere.”
 
“But by the time this information came along it was too late to take back the actions I had taken. Inuyasha's mother died only a few short years after her return to her family and I never bothered to find out what they did to Inuyasha. It wasn't until Totosai came to deliver my sword and my father's will that my anger renewed. My father had given the whelp the stronger sword. It infuriated me that not only when Inuyasha was born that he ordered me to respect him, not only did he push me away for the new apple of his eye, that it wasn't enough that when he was dying he called for Inuyasha, that he had given a cherished heirloom made of his fang to him was the final blow that he could have done.”
 
“The order to respect my brother was given to me by my father and he said that as long as he was the lord I would do as he had said. I might have in his presence but it was that order that made me seek our every failing Inuyasha had and I teased him unmercifully about everything, I beat him up when I knew my father would be gone for days, I did everything possible to ruin his life because he was the reason that the western lands were in turmoil. The lands had been at peace since before the previous lord had died. As I said my father's failings were that he didn't understand me. He had raised me to be like him but we were too different. I might have a strong resemblance to him and I might have had his courage but he was ruled by his heart where I was ruled by logic.”
 
“Now things have come full circle. Here I am taking a human breeder which is only one step away from a mate now days. But I am not repeating his mistake because you are going to be trained and you know how to fight so I can present you and make the other lords realize I am not following in his footsteps. I can ensure if I have to that the only children you bare me are full blooded but youkai now realize that some hanyous are necessary to keep lines strong. The only thing is that I also can't repeat his mistakes in raising pups. It took you and a powerful little trinket to make my brother and I put the past behind us.”
 
“You asked what I was thinking about when I was looking at my hands. This Sesshoumaru will be honest. I was wondering if I was strong enough not to make those mistakes. Wondering if these hands of mine would ever strike out at my own pups for speaking the truth. This is what I was remembering and thinking of when you saw me Kagome. This is the life I have lived.” he raised his hands up showing me front and back before placing them back against his legs. I was quiet not sure why he had shared so much with me but it made me want to cry that he blamed himself for his parents split. He had been an innocent child much like Inuyasha had been. His father made a mistake forsaking his mate, he had made the mistake of ordering Sesshoumaru to respect his sibling instead of letting Inuyasha earn it, but the greatest was the blow to Sesshoumaru's heart by not taking the time to say good-bye. I would give that youkai such an ear full about how he had treated Sesshoumaru.
 
Not knowing what else to do I placed my arms around one of his and laid me head upon his shoulder. “I know you won't make those mistakes Sesshoumaru. Look at how you raised Rin and how you helped Inuyasha with Shippo. I don't think you could do any worse now that it would be child of your own flesh instead of an adopted one.”
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I was almost frightened at how the story just poured out of me. Her powers had me so calm, that the anger I usually felt that made me swallow the pain wasn't there. I told her almost all of it and for some reason I felt better about it then I had in a long time. Kagome knows that I have killed with these hands and there is the blood of some innocents, like Inuyasha's, but she still wrapped her arms around one and offered words of reason and comfort. She had a point as much as I hated to admit if only to myself. I had raised one daughter and had been an advisor to another. The weight of the past worries and doubts soon lifted a little and I could again look forward to having a pup of my own. It also offered me a small insight into how my father had felt. He wanted a castle filled with pups and I just wanted at least one but that feeling of upcoming father hood was the same. I could relate to not wanting to kill my own flesh and blood even if I did mean having to fight. It allowed me to see what my father had been trying to say all along. “You can't blame a pup for its parent's mistakes”. My father had been trying to give Inuyasha the chance to live since it was his own mistake to take his mother to his bed. Though my father also loved them both if he had stayed loyal to my mother it would never had happened and they might still both be alive to take advantage of the technology the humans had helped developed.
 
But then again if they hadn't Inuyasha would have never been born to fall in love and be pinned to the god tree and Kagome might never have come to the past. Which means someone else would have made the wish and who knows what might have happened. Perhaps it wasn't such a big mistake after all.
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
The rest of the ride was peaceful and quick. Arriving on the far south side of the city we came to a small restaurant that was named Tricksters. It was the first time I had even seen the place and wondered who would name their store that but I shrugged it off. Sesshoumaru offered an arm to escort me inside and I took it. Inside was totally different then the standard window panes and gray siding. The main colors seemed a tasteful organ and red. It had what I believed was called a Mexican feel to it. The floor was bright colored tiles and the tables were done in festive colors. There were wooden chairs and paneling to compliment the decor. Over all a very nice place.
 
“Mr. Takahashi! How nice to see you again. Father is waiting in the back at his private table.” a seemingly young youkai came forward with bright red-brown hair and green eyes. He seemed so familiar with his easy smile and twinkle in his eyes.
 
“Yes Mark. If you would lead the way?”
 
“Of course!” he said stepping right in front of us ushering people out of the way. He made no comment about me and I wasn't sure if I felt insulted or grateful. Around the corner was a private room still with the same colors. But it was the person seated at the table that caught my attention.
 
“Oh Shippo! What are you doing here?” I said very pleased to see him, with him here hopefully I wouldn't embarrass Sesshoumaru with his associate. He and another man rose from the table and I could see Shippo's tail twitching, I wondered if from tension or excitement.
 
“Mr. Takahashi may I have permission to address your breeder?” I stopped shocked. Why would he have to ask to talk to me from Sesshoumaru? He talked just fine to me yesterday. I waited for them to speak not sure what was going on.
 
“Yes Mr. Modesitt you may but first if we could take our seats?” Shippo nodded and I was lead to the table slightly down from the men but still close enough to talk. Suddenly I realized what was going on. This was a business meeting and I had spoken out of turn. Whatever they were here to discuss was about business and not a friendly gathering. So I put on my happy face and while I might not like it this was not personal.
 
The men chatted a bit talking about this company and that when the food arrived. I followed my table manners as well as I could remember. Talking almost stopped as we ate and I tried not to scream at the unfairness of it all. I had only got about 2 hours to try and catch up with Shippo yesterday and now here he was and I couldn't speak until he asked a question.
 
The meeting went on and my face grew tired of holding the smile but after nearly an hour of talking about transactions I didn't understand Shippo finally asked me a question.
 
“Ms. Higurashi I hear you are looking for formal wear for the presentation.”
 
“Yes. Mr. Takahashi was taking me out after lunch to shop for some.” I tired to be polite since we had unwanted company but it was hard not to fall back into the informal language and just say `yeah. Going to start looking for some after lunch.' or something like that.
 
“I see. Is there any particular style or tailor that you were looking for?” I glanced at Sesshoumaru wondering if I should try and take the question or if I should let him. I wasn't exactly sure what was needed so I decided to play it safe.
 
“The final choice hasn't been made yet. So if you have a suggestion we could take it under advisement.” I watched as Shippo's lips twitched and I knew that he knew that I hadn't had the chance to look yet.
 
“I know several high quality tailors that could help you; it all depends on how much you have to spend.” I was starting to see what was going on. Since this was a business meeting it would be similar to the presentation and these questions were a game of subtle insults and careful wording to make a fool of your opponent.
 
“Do you often help your daughters shop Mr. Modesitt in order to know what tailors there are for women? Or is it perhaps personal business with these tailors?” I had the pleasure of seeing him flush slightly and Sesshoumaru's lips twitched.
 
“Ah no. They have rambled on about a few though.”
 
“So while you know some tailors you do not know how recommended they are, other then from your daughters? Well you can at least leave us with a list correct Mr. Modesitt? So we can ask around about these tailors and their work while we are out today?” Shippo's mask seemed to slip for a moment in utter shock of being soundly put down from casually naming some that I might not recognize yet. By asking for a list he truly had to know what he was talking about because he would have to give locations for us to check out and this threw him. I smiled to myself at being able to field his questions without seeming to be ignorant of the higher price tailors.
 
“Well of course I could leave a list but are you sure that I couldn't offer any advice on them?” A good come back question but not enough Shippo.
 
“You could but if you asked us to compare styles or prices of their recent work we wouldn't be able to choose for we haven't been able to see them all yet. So perhaps after we look a bit more and look at your recommendations we could hear your advice on what was best, ne?” he seemed a little flustered but nodded his head. Shippo calmed suddenly as if he had inspiration about a new line of attack.
 
“Very well then. Perhaps another meeting is in order after you both look around. However, shopping with only with the two of you leaves you with a tie if you should disagree on anything, perhaps a third voice would be helpful?” in other words how about I come along and ask more questions to see if you break. `How bout not?'
 
“Are you suggesting yourself Mr. Modesitt?” I said setting him up.
 
“Well I have been known for my good taste in clothing. I would be honored if you would allow me to accompany you.”
 
“Hmm.” I said eyeing his clothing carefully. “While I will admit your clothes are a good choice for you, you said that you did not shop with your daughters. So would that not imply that your judgment on clothing would not be up to par with the younger generation? I mean you have only heard of some tailors from them so who knows if we would have similar taste?” I watched him flinch at that remark and Sesshoumaru actually smirked a little. It was a double edged insult meaning that his daughters might not have similar taste to mine or that his weren't.
 
“Besides Mr. Modesitt you have to remember that it is not just me and Mr. Takahashi, we also have his younger brother to be a third vote if it was truly needed.”
 
“Well then I suppose I should ask then how they would know what is up to par as you have said.”
 
“My Dear Mr. Modesitt you must realize that they run the breeder program? I know the younger is a little out of date since Mr. Takahashi has been running it for almost a century but that is why I am with him instead of the younger brother because he deals every day with the younger generation. So how would he not know?” Shippo seemed stumped and finally just nodded his head.
 
“I see. Well then I guess we should be going then. It was nice to meet you Ms. Higurashi and it was good of you to come Mr. Takahashi. Good day.” We all stood up and they left first leaving me and Sesshoumaru alone for a moment. He leaned over to whisper in my ear.
 
“I am not often impressed Kagome but you answered everything correctly while insulting while not seemingly insulting. If you can dodge a tricky kitsune's words you should have no trouble during the presentation. Now let us be off since we have so much to do.” when he was done he straightened up and offered me his arm again. Silently we left and called for a chair. While we were waiting I wondered where the list supposedly was.
 
“Sesshoumaru?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Shippo offered a list didn't he?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Then where is it?”
 
“He left one earlier when we spoke over the phone. It was his suggestion to try the conversation. Other then when you spoke out of turn on familiar terms with him you behaved very well. You still need a little work on your table manners but you need no help in learning how to speak correctly. After today you should have everything you need until the presentation, correct?”
 
“Well for that yes but there are a few things that I would like it I may.” the chair arrived and we set off before he answered.
 
“And what might those be Kagome.” he didn't seem happy that I was asking for more and for a moment I wondered if these small things might be to much.
 
“Well this morning I realized that I didn't have a full length mirror to check on how I looked and I was hoping to get one.”
 
“I see.” His voice changed slightly as if he hadn't realized that.
 
“Then there was a window seat that I had wanted to either make or get along with some book shelves.” I added quickly to get it over with.
 
“This is what you meant by a few things?” he asked almost seeming surprised. “The mirror and window seat I understand but why would you need book shelves? I have a library you could keep them there.” his voice was much softer now.
 
“Yes I could but the books that I love and want to read I would like to be able to put in my room. That way I don't have to wander so far to get a book I might want to read for only a little while before I go to sleep.”
 
“Very well. How would you like your shelves and window seat to look?”
 
“Maybe similar to my bed? I mean with the carving and such around the edges? It doesn't have to be enameled though just a nice rich wood would be okay.”
 
“I shall have it ordered for you. Any particular size of shelves?”
 
“Umm. Enough for maybe twenty hard covers wide and at least eight shelves. Or how about two small four book shelves that could mount to the wall about the top of my head high? That would really be nice.”
 
“Then it shall be as you wish. It will take time to make them though.”
 
“That's alright I have yet to repurchase the books I want anyway. I just meant for future use.” I said with a smile. He nodded and we sat quietly for the chair to get to the store.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~~
 
After business had been concluded Shippo asked Kagome a question. I allowed her to speak to see if she could carry on a conversation on the level she needed to. I followed it carefully ready to step in if things should go wrong. When she suddenly seemed to catch on to what was going on. She fielded answers like she never had to be taught, which was good considering the bitches that were going to be hounding her.
 
It was finally her response to his remark about how I would know what would suit her that made me smirk.
 
“Hmm. While I will admit your clothes are a good choice for you, you said that you did not shop with your daughters. So would that not imply that your judgment on clothing would not be up to par with the younger generation? I mean you have only heard of some tailors from them so who knows if we would have similar taste?”
 
Knowing that she saw him as her son and that he saw her as his mother made the comment all the more amusing. Telling him that he was too old to know fashion for her age group was clever and used his own words against him beautifully. For me to know that she could complement my nick name in youkai society was ironic being that she was a miko.
 
If my brother and I could get her fighting skills on level with her words then she would be one of the strongest breeders out there maybe even the strongest, for her powers would eventually get her on even status with the youkai breeders. The thought was very satisfying.
 
On the chair she said she needed a few more things and for a moment I thought she was going to demand something outrageous like the other breeders I had dealt with. But her requests for a simple mirror, book shelf, and window seat caught me by surprise. Considering for a moment the fact on who I was dealing with made it suddenly make sense. With her being one moment the contender for strategic talking to the next asking for something simple was surprising at how quickly she could revert to the kind hearted miko I knew. Filing it away for later consideration we waited in companionable silence for the rest of the time.
 
The first store we were going to was a very good dress maker that I usually recommended for the other breeders to start with and thought it was a good place to start. The shop was roughly in the northeastern edge of the city and was a fairly large place. The women there were usually very friendly and helpful.
 
Mrs. Dunne and her daughters were parrot youkai that came to Japan some 220 years ago or so. Her mate had got himself killed in the fighting in Africa so she wanted to come to a more peaceful country. Japan had more of an open policy towards migrating youkai then others so she choose here. Her little shop had grown over the years until she became the best in starting up young breeders that entered high society.
 
The chair arrived outside her store and the sign was the first thing that caught your attention. For it was done in the shape of a wing of a parrot and the letters shaded like that of its feathers. She simply named it Colors Freedom. No color was ever left out of her store and some of the most atrocious colors I had ever seen seemed to work when she joined it with others. Walking in was like walking into a rainbow as one of the breeders that I had helped said. It was truly a colorful sight and not entirely to my liking but it suited that loud mouthed woman very well. Thinking of the woman always seems to dredge her up.
 
“Ah Mr. Takahashi! How good to see you again. Helping another breeder?” Her clothing of choice today seemed to be a mix of light purples and blues that flattered her slowly widening figure.
 
“No Mrs. Dunne this is my House Breeder a Ms. Higurashi, Kagome.” Her reaction was immediate and slightly hilarious. Her arms that always seemed in motion came to a stop as her mouth and eyes widened. Finally composing herself she shook her head.
 
“I do believe you are trying to trick me Mr. Takahashi. Never in all the years that you come here helping breeders have you shown the slightest interest in them. Now you come again with this lovely young lady and expect me to believe that you and your brother finally decided on one!” she started to laugh and before long was holding her side with one hand as she leaned against a near by rack of clothes. Her reaction was to be expected but this wasn't what I wanted.
 
“Mrs. Dunne will you kindly stop.” I said in a chilling tone letting her know that what she was doing wasn't appreciated. Her laughs almost ceased at once.
 
“Why do you believe that I am is joking? Have I ever made a joke about something serious Mrs. Dunne? I can tell you that I have not.” Her face paled as she realized that I was serious.
 
“A thousand apologies my lord. It's just that I have heard so many stories about the two of you disagreeing on every maiden that either of you have liked that it didn't seem possible for you two to agree. I also extend my apologies to Ms. Higurashi for my rudeness.” she said with a low bow.
 
“It is good that you remember who your Lord Mrs. Dunne is for you do realize that my court is still active and I can have it assembled for transgressions against me or my house.” Mrs. Dunne paled further at the reminder. The next thing I knew there was a soft punch to my arm. Looking down I saw Kagome looking up with anger flashing in her eyes. “What?”
 
“Geeze. You are scaring the poor woman to death. Lets just do what we came to do and you can do your male posturing another time.” I simply raised an eyebrow totally unfazed by her attempt at scolding me.
 
~~~Mrs. Dunne's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I had been waiting for Mr. Takahashi to arrive all day when he walked in. On his arm was a very pretty girl with black hair and a lovely smile. When I asked if he was helping another breeder and said that she was his I couldn't help but laugh. I roughly knew how old he was and in my opinion he was too stuck in his ways to ever finally choose a breeder since he had said he refused to take a mate. We had had long talks about his past and his reasons why he wouldn't take a mate. He never told me everything but enough that I knew something his father had done turned him away from the idea entirely.
 
When he had asked me to stop laughing in the voice he used when I first came to Japan and he was explaining the rules it was then I realized he was serious. I could feel myself go a little faint because I knew I had crossed the line. His next words confirmed my fear and I hoped that he wasn't too angry.
 
It was when the young lady punched Mr. Takahashi's arm that I finally went into shock. I had never seen anyone touch his person without permission and to see her have no fear when she scolded him was terrifying. I didn't want her to get into trouble for my mistake but as I watched Mr. Takahashi only lifted an eyebrow instead of hanging her by her neck. Slowly coming out of my shock I looked closely at the two and could see the ease she had standing next to the most powerful demon in the city. Closing my eyes for a moment I chanted in my head a quick spell that would allow me to see her aura and what powers she had.
 
Opening my eyes was almost a blinding experience for her aura shown so brightly. No where could I sense any darker emotions or taint. Her miko powers dimmed her aura enough that I could see what I needed to but even then it was a near thing. If I had not been born in the tropics and used to the bright sunlight I would not have been able to look upon her at all. I quickly closed my eye again and reversed the spell.
 
For the past minute or so I had not been paying attention to the conversation so I was surprised to see the miko walking forward and offering a small bow with a smile. I bowed back not knowing what was going on.
 
“Mrs. Dunne I believe my companion is done scaring you for today. If we could get started on finding clothes for me for my presentation would be great.” Shrugging off Mr. Takahashi's slight glare at the two of us I nodded and lead the way to the colors I thought suited her best.
 
Her outfit of green looked nice but I believed a richer blue or perhaps a red? Shades of lighter purple would be good to. `Hmm so many options so little time.'
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
After I tried to get Sesshoumaru to back off the poor woman I tried to get her to help me get clothes. She finally seemed to come out of whatever trance she had been in and lead the way to some nice bolts of fabric seemingly pulling random ones from the wall.
 
“Wait here Ms. I have to go and pull a few design dresses and kimono's for you to try and then we will choose the colors.” and without so much as an okay from me she bounced away pulling again what seemed random dresses from her racks of clothes.
 
I glanced at Sesshoumaru and he only looked bored already. He was leaning against her cutting table with his arms crossed staring blankly on some object I couldn't see. So I decided to entertain myself at looking through the bolts that she had pulled.
 
I was surprised at the softness of the cloths. They weren't velvet and they weren't silk but something else that I couldn't put my finger on. I slid a couple of bolts forward and walked around to the other side pulling out a little section of each to see how they looked together. The colors actually looked really nice to me.
 
“See something you like Miss?” I nearly jumped out of my skin when she came up so quietly on me.
 
“Yes do you think I could get something made of these two?” I said showing her my choices.
 
“This is a mighty bright red you have here along with this orange. Hmm. Curious choices for your coloring but if done correctly I believe this might make a very stunning dress or kimono. Do you have a preference?”
 
“I think a kimono with a design added to it. Maybe a phoenix or kitsunes? Something that would make use of the colors, what do you think?” I said fingering the material.
 
“Hmm. Where would you want the design on the back, hem, or sleeves?”
 
“How about a white trim with the design going around the hem and neckline? A repeating one. Then perhaps a geometric design on the sleeves? Perhaps an octagon done it a contrasting blue or white with a sakura blossom inside, solidly joined together on the edges but seemingly breaking lose the father up you go. That should be good right?”
 
“It would but it would take awhile.”
 
“I know I was thinking more for the ball hosted once I was settled in. I wanted something simple for now because if I started at the top I would have no where to go. This way if people expect me to be plain they will be surprised or impressed when I decide to dress up. I want to impress at the ball.”
 
“Yes so then you should have your sash have the Takahashi crest on it to be displayed on the back. Very good I think we could definitely have this done by then.”
 
“Good then how about a simple gown for now then?”
 
“Any particular color?”
 
“Blue?” I asked unsure. We continued on with the discussion for awhile and I tried on some styles of dresses. Finally choosing a style and going over the colors Sesshoumaru and me got ready to leave. It had taken over three hours to get the dress picked and colors chosen.
 
While waiting for the chair outside I rubbed my temples trying to relieve my headache from the colors that she had been showing me. “How do you stand being in there with all the colors Sesshoumaru? I have a headache from just the ones she showed me and you kept glancing around the store.”
 
“I picked one thing on each wall like the clock, the exit sign, and the window and that's all I looked at. I also had my mind on what I needed to do tomorrow not on what looked together.”
 
“Oh. Well I guess I should thank you for helping choose a style of dress then.” I was slightly surprised that it had been that simple for him.
 
“Hn.”
 
“You are still usually a youkai of few words aren't you?”
 
“Hn.”
 
“Good grief.” I said exasperated. “So what now?”
 
“We have time if you want to get some of those books you said you wanted to buy.”
 
“Really?”
 
“Hn.” I hugged him and though he stiffened at first he returned it before we separated to get on the chair.
 
~~~Mrs. Dunne's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I watched them through the window once they left. It seemed that Kagome liked to hold onto his arm. I could see that they were talking when suddenly she released his arm standing before him. He nodded slightly and she then hugged him. Though surprising it was a shock to see him hug the girl back. My hand flew over my heart in disbelief at what I just saw. I guess the youkai I always thought to set in his ways was changing. In my opinion it was about Damn Time. `Good luck Kagome, you'll need it with that one.'
 
***Author's note: a 100 yen equals 1.00 U.S. dollar in my story, k? Not sure the real exchange rate is. ***
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
We stopped by a little corner bookshop that I knew was near the Higurashi shrine. It was a small store but it had very loyal customers and a good selection. The walls had been specially designed by the owner. It had three bookcases that could rotate in the wall and allowed him to have almost as many books as the large bookstores in his tiny space. On three walls there were these machines each about three feet wide by eight feet tall. I allowed the one back wall to have five and the two side walls four and in the center were regular cases showing either discounted books or new releases. The shop always smelled like rain and paper a nice scent that made me long to have a home outside the city again to read a book by an open window when it rained. The store wasn't really bust at 5 p.m. because many people were just getting home from work so Sesshoumaru and I walked in.
 
“Mr. Goodkind? You here?” I called out.
 
“Up here, up here. I am rearranging a selection upstairs. I'll be down in a minute.” a voice from the stairway said. Waiting for him to arrive I browsed threw the new books to see if there were any I wanted.
 
“Now who is callin me at this hour?” a low timber voice said as he descended the stairs. The man might not look like much but he was a great guy. He stood roughly 5 foot 9 inches tall with brown hair fading to gray. Broad shoulders and heavy set but you wouldn't mistake him for being fat just really solidly built. His hazel eyes and thick mustache and beard gave him a classic look that I would say could be anywhere in Northern Europe.
 
“Mr. Goodkind its me don't you remember? I have only been gone about a week. heh heh.” I laughed when his eyes widened as he got a good look at me.
 
“Well my dear you have changed I see. No longer the young lass that came prancing into my store every day asking when the next book would be in, ne? I heard that your twentieth birthday just passed from your mother. Came in this morning proud as could be. She just never mentioned why, just going on and on about how she could finally fix up the shrine and take better care of your grandfather thanks to you.” I blushed that my mom would ramble on to a dear friend of mine but I nodded shyly.
 
“Well me girl. What have you been up to that put such a light in your mother's eyes? I don't think she has been this happy since before your father died.” At the meant ion of my father I could feel a light stinging in my eyes but now wasn't the time to cry.
 
“Well Mr. Goodkind I became a House Breeder. I accidentally fell asleep after a long day shopping for my presentation that I was not awake when the contract was finalized. So I really could not say what put my mother in such a good mood.” to admit this was totally embarrassing. I would have to remember to ask one of the brothers what was given to my mother for the finalization of the contract. He only made a non committal sound in the back of his throat but motioned me to follow him to the counter.
 
“Well if I be remembering correctly you had ordered a book correct?” he said reaching under the counter.
 
“Oh! Is it in? Please, please, please say it's in!” he chuckled as he pulled out the hard cover of the book I had been waiting months for. “Oh! Give me, give me.” I said as I plucked it out of his hands and opened the cover. I was just about to do my ritual of reading the first chapter there on the floor in front of the counter when I felt someone grab my arm. Looking up I saw the scowling face of Sesshoumaru. `Oops. heh heh. I guess that is one way to really not impress him on my maturity level is it?'
 
“What do you think you are doing?”
 
“Uh. Reading?” I giggled nervously.
 
“Hn. I think not, we have places to be remember?” he said in a tone that was the closest I had ever heard him to scolding.
 
“Um. Right. Sorry. I forgot. It's just that I have been waiting for this book for a long time.” I said blushing.
 
“Gather the books you wanted Kagome and let us be off.”
 
“Now wait just a minute there sir. Let the little lady shop for little while. She be a good lass.” Mr. Goodkind said. Mentally I groaned for though his intentions were good standing up to this demon was not a way to live a long life.
 
“Mr. Goodkind I appreciate your concern however he is right I must be going.” I quickly jumped in-between the two as I tried to explain.
 
“Now lass that's no way to be talkin to an old friend who is trying to help yee.”
 
“Yes I know. But first may I introduce you to the lord of the house I have chosen.” He stopped at that. He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked me straight in the eye.
 
“Lord, eh? No lord should be able to order yee around lass. You be doin him an honor you know. Be standin on your own feet.” I was grateful that he cared so much but I could hear the warning growl Sesshoumaru was emitting so I took his hands off my shoulders and held them.
 
“Very well my friend. May I introduce Mr. Takahashi? Mr. Takahashi may I introduce my good friend Ivan Goodkind.” Ivan didn't even seem fazed by the introduction as he released my hands and gave a respectful bow. I could see the curiosity at this reaction in Sesshoumaru's eyes as he gave a slight nod in return.
 
“Yee do know how to pick the trouble makers don't yee lass?” He said with a light chuckle.
 
“I do believe you have that backwards Mr. Goodkind. She is the one that attracts trouble not I.” Sesshoumaru chipped in.
 
“Hey now! I do not!” I was annoyed.
 
“Do I need to remind you Kagome about your adventures with Inuyasha?” now I understood what he meant but I wasn't free to defend myself. I never tried to explain to Ivan why I seemed so old for my age or of the past.
 
“Have it your way. Anyway Mr. Goodkind I really would like to purchase a couple of copies of my favorites. Do you still have some?” Hoping he did since I periodically wore out mine.
 
“Aye lass that I do just for you. Which ones do you think you'll be needin?” he asked as he went back behind the counter.
 
“Hmm. I will need all new copies of my favorite series Ivan and of course the novels The Barbed Coil, The Blue Sword, and Sacred Ground. That should be enough for now.”
 
“Lass that be a lot of books. You never buy that many at once.”
 
“I am living at the western offices Ivan. My other copies I have are at home and I need new ones. Besides who else do you have that buys so many copies?”
 
“None but you lass. You read too much you know. Bad for thy eyes.”
 
“You worry too much Ivan but thanks for your concern. Besides I will soon have other things to occupy my time.”
 
“Aye lass you bein a breeder now for a house means a lot of little tikes to look after.” I had meant my training but I blushed at his assumption and I heard Sesshoumaru give a very quiet chuckle. “But be that as if may here are all 58 books you be wantin.” I think I heard Sesshoumaru take a deep breath that almost sounded like a gasped from behind me.
 
“Thank you.” I said as he rang up the sale.
 
“That'll be 50,078 yen my dear.” Sesshoumaru came forward with a charge card while I packed the bags. After signing for the purchase we headed out to the sidewalk again to call for a chair.
 
“Thanks Sesshoumaru. I really appreciate this. Now I have something to do while waiting for you two.” I gave him another hug which still seemed to surprise him as he wrapped his arms around me.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I will never understand the woman's incessant need to hug me. Even Rin after she grew too tall to wrap around my leg never dared to touch me in such a manner. I mean the occasional hug across my shoulders when I was sitting at my desk working or something to that nature but no Kagome has to be standing when she hugs me. She some how gets me to hug her back this way and I seem to have no control as my arms wrap around her. Her scent filling my nose and her soft curves pressed into me. I do not believe that she does this as a temptation but out of actual gratefulness. Never the less it stirs my blood into wanting her. This was not an expected reaction and until now an unknown one.
 
Her little acts of affection are so similar to Inu ways like when she rubbed her face into my back would be along the lines of offering comfort in Inu. Or when she runs her fingers threw my hair, grooming me with fingers instead of tongue like an Inu but still similar. She just does not yet realize the fire she is playing with. If this keeps up I do not know how long I will be able to hold myself in check. If she were to start anything more intimate along the lines of an Inu courtship or the ending chase, I do not believe she would be an innocent much long after.
 
Kagome makes me think too much on Inu ways and how what she is doing is similar. We still had to get her aquatinted with the other top designers and more formal clothes for lunch and supper business meetings that she will have to attend with us. At least once a week there is some kind of diner or luncheon that I have to attend for dealings with finalizing other breeder contracts, complaints from my nobles, or dealing with lawyers and lawsuits. Fancy restaurants and high class parties are normal everyday things to contend with. This is why I prefer what my brother is doing right now because for him it is only the occasional noble complaint and dealing with average business owners. They don't feel like spending as much money on lunches as breeders and house leaders do.
 
While I earned good money doing my job I paid a ridiculous amount on food that I shouldn't have to. Being that now Kagome would have to attend her fair share I was going to have to pay more. Slightly discussed with the whole business I knew that I could not let someone else control the program for they could change everything Inuyasha and I had set up. The thought of losing Kagome made a weird feeling creep through my gut and if I didn't know better I would say it was the stirrings of fear. Kagome was one Human I respected that was still alive. While I offered her the contract at first to see how much she knew of me since she had spoken my name had changed when I realized where she knew me from. Here in the city I had not truly used my powers that she saw at every meeting between my brother and me. She knew what I was capable of maybe not the extremes I could go but enough. Yet here she stood hugging me and offering me her affection that I did not ask for or demand. I was raised in a life that nothing was given for any reason and she broke this one always constant rule constantly. Such a remarkable woman.
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V. ~~~
 
The afternoon wasn't going much better then the morning had. Lunch had been a working one with no breaks in sight. After all the new contracts were in place he had to work a delivery schedule that would allow his companies the maximum amount of time to get the resources, manufacture them, and send them back out fast enough to turn a profit. The only hang up was that there were specific trains that had set up a very tight routine. To do what he wanted to do would require a change for them.
 
Dealing with idiots had always made him lose his temper before and while he still wanted to kill them now he knew how to deal with them in order to get to the real higher up to see if they would be willing to change.
 
Five hours and 12 shots of sake later he had completed his mission. It had taken offering discounts on train fair till the new times were adjusted to, to allowing two companies to buy stock in his companies, to out right force to get 9 companies to agree to a almost 45 min. time change. For some it was a better time for the train to show and he couldn't understand the business owners' hesitance to change. He set down the 13th shot as he hung up the phone. Done.
 
Tomorrow he could help train Kagome and take her out on any last errands before the serious party planning began. Almost everything had yet to be decided upon but luckily he and his brother had the start of the plan ready in a file in his desk. It had been slow going and had their thoughts and ideas written down in case they ever decided together on a breeder or one of them took a mate.
 
Filing away the last of the business into the proper folders he stretched out his very weary limbs. He was going back over to his brother's place and taking a hot bath. The day had been ruff on his nerves and he wanted so badly to track down Kagome to see what she was doing but figured his brother wouldn't like that to much.
 
`I need to get a life. At my age you would think I would have something to do or friends to hang around with. Work takes up too much of my life and when I finally have some free time the person I now want to be with is out.'
 
He gathered up all his belongings and stuffed them into his briefcase. Bidding goodnight to his secretary and assistants he walked to the elevator and pushed the button to go down. Glancing at his watch it was nearly 6 p.m. He wondered where Kagome was and if she had any luck finding enough formal clothes. Closing his eyes he pushed the call button for a chair when he felt someone tap his shoulder. Turning he saw a woman little over middle age wearing priestess robes.
 
“May I help you miko?”
 
“Actually you looked like the older Mr. Takahashi for a moment. My apologies. I was supposed to meet up with him sometime today but he has been out supposedly. I was wondering if you could help me?” she seemed nice enough.
 
“What do you think I could do for you?” I asked.
 
“Are you related to Mr. Takahashi? I saw the news report the other day and you seem to look so much like him. I tried to get into the western offices already but like I said he seemed to be out and the secretaries said to come back tomorrow.”
 
“So why do you not wait then?”
 
“My reasons are my own. If you can help me then maybe I will tell you.” I was beginning to wonder if this was the woman who he said was coming. If so she had insulted my house's honor and Kagome. Switching my face to a scowl I replied.
 
“If you had told me I might have told you that I am the younger brother to Mr. Takahashi. However, since it seems you are unable to trust me I must be going now.” I had heard the chair arrive and turned to get on.
 
“Wait!” She reached out to grab my arm.
 
“Miko kindly unhand my person.” she let go and I still proceeded to sit down but far enough that she could join me.
 
“I am Sorry Mr. Takahashi. Truly. When your brother called yesterday I thought it a joke. My younger nephew is known for his pranks but when I called the operator for the number and realized my mistake I rushed over to apologize.” I could detect no lie in her stance, voice, or smell. Perhaps she was telling the truth.
 
“Are you willing to stake your life on that story miko?” I just realized that Sesshoumaru never did tell me her name.
 
“Why?”
 
“Why? Because of your actions miko my brother has the right to challenge you to combat for the insult to the honor of our house and our Breeder. If you come with me you will have to explain yourself to him and if he decides that you are lying or, that even if it is true, that the insult was too great he can challenge you. While I can feel your strength and know you are one of the higher level miko's out there you are still not strong enough to defeat me or my brother. It is your choice. You can come and apologize and leave or apologize and try to stay on as Kagome's teacher. I warn you he isn't very happy with you at the moment.” Her shoulders sagged for a moment before raising her head.
 
“I will go with you to apologize. I will offer to stay and train her and if he doesn't want me to then that is okay, at least I made amends for my foolish behavior.” the woman had spunk at least.
 
“Very well but don't say I didn't warn you.”
 
“You concern is noted Mr. Takahashi.”
 
“Then get in.” and she did. Sitting beside each other the silence seemed a little strained but I wanted to see if she would speak first.
 
When we arrived the strained silence was no more. I could smell her nervousness and she had every right to be since my brother wasn't really the forgiving sort. I lead the way in and the secretaries ignored the woman behind me like good little workers.
 
I had her follow me to the elevator and took her to his office while we waited. “Do you want any supper miko?”
 
“Sure. May I ask you a question?” shrugging my shoulders I said sure.
 
“Why do you keep calling me miko? Are you trying to make it an insult or something?” there was a slight heat to her voice and I could feel my eyes widen in surprise.
 
“No. My asshole brother never bothered to tell me your name miko and you never introduced yourself, so what would you like me to call you? Wench, bitch, woman, or miko. Take your pick.” My tone was as bored as I could make it like it was perfectly obvious why I called her that and actually it was. The fire went out of her eyes as she realized her mistake. It seemed to be a bad habit of hers to jump to conclusions. (Does this remind anybody of someone else we know?)
 
“Sorry. Let me introduce myself properly then. I am Yumi Yoleen sister to Etsu Yoleen the priestess of the eastern shrine.” (Uh oh. not the right miko. heh heh)
 
“Nice to meet you. You already know my name. Now I am going to order supper anything particular you want?”
 
“Anything will be fine.”
 
“Remember you said that not me.” I turned towards the phone on Sesshoumaru's desk and dialed for the kitchen. Placing an order for Ramen for me and a couple of bowls for my guest I hung up and quickly dialed Sesshoumaru's cell.
 
Ring...Ring...Ring...Ring...Rii
 
“Yes. Who is this and why are you calling from my office phone?” growled my brother's voice in my ear.
 
“Hello to you to.”
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
“Yeah it's me.”
 
“What do you want?”
 
“Seems there is a Yumi Yoleen here to apologize to you for her behavior over the phone yesterday.”
 
“Yumi? I asked for Etsu. Why would she say she was Etsu?”
 
“Don't know but she is here to face the consequences of her actions. We are waiting for you and Kagome.”
 
“It is going to be a while. It seems every tailor in this store had their own ideas for formal wear for Kagome. Though since her main outfits are chosen I might let you come and deal with this tomorrow.”
 
“You're a real bastard you know that? Me deal with all those air froufrou tailors? I don't think so.”
 
“Don't tempt me Inuyasha. It will be about another hour or so before we can leave. Have the kitchen prepare us a meal that can be kept warm until we arrive and make sure the miko doesn't leave she will have to answer to me on why she impersonated Etsu.”
 
“Alright. See you soon then. Oh is there anything for entertainment here in your office? I'm bored.” a sigh was heard.
 
“Inuyasha. My office is a place of business so no there is nothing but the T.V. when I have time to catch the news. If you need something so badly go upstairs and get a deck of cards from the kitchen drawer or perhaps you should expand your knowledge and read a book.”
 
“Yeah yeah. Like I would be caught reading one of those for fun. I'll stick with the cards thanks. Well see you sometime then.” click. `Damn bastard is always hanging up on me. grrrr.'
 
“Is something the matter Mr. Takahashi?” I stirred from my murderous thoughts at the question. Blinking I turned to see Yumi sitting on the couch in the corner watching the news.
 
“Just my brother Yumi. He says he'll be at least another hour or so. Food should be here in a short while.”
 
“Okay.” she said as she turned back to the T.V. I placed another call to the kitchen explaining that it had to be something that would keep until Sesshoumaru arrived. Once that was done I walked over to the couch and sat in the opposite corner of Yumi.
 
“May I ask another question Mr. Takahashi?”
 
“Might as well.”
 
“What am I going to do for my things? I left them in a hotel near here when I arrived. Am I going to need them?” I thought about it for a minute thinking over what Sesshoumaru had said. This wasn't the girl he had wanted for a trainer and most likely wasn't staying so she could go get her things and be back before my brother arrived. That way she could get on a midnight train back home but then again she might stay until he can get another trainer. I wasn't sure what he was going to do.
 
“They are safe for now right?”
 
“I think so.”
 
“Well we'll decide what to do after my brother gets back. Since it will be up to him what happens to you.” she paled a little.
 
“I see. Well I guess I'll sit and wait then ne?”
 
“yeah.” with that we watched the T.V. until the elevator beeped and a kitchen bellboy arrived with a rolling cart full of food. I waved him to set up the table. Turning off the T.V. we went to go eat. After a while she started talking again.
 
“Well can I ask what your breeder is like then that you both defend her honor and purity with such intensity?” While the question wasn't meant to dig into the past I would have to in order to really answer so it was a choice between only telling half the truth or all of it.
 
“Kagome has the purest soul I know of. I think when you meet her you will see what I mean. I have seen her give and give without any thoughts about getting anything back. She has a huge heart that loves anyone that will let her. She has done a lot of things that she shouldn't have been able to do because she has had very little training. She also has no prejudice against anyone.”
 
“I guess that means she doesn't hate youkai and those that are part demon?”
 
“She has NO prejudice against ANYONE.” I said again raising my voice slightly.
 
“I meant no offense Mr. Takahashi. I just meant that since she had no prejudice against anyone that it was easier for your house to accept her.” she was digging herself a hole and didn't realize it.
 
“Listen Yumi. Kagome accepted our offer. Not the other way around. She is the purest white we have come across in the entire time we have run the breeding program. So please shut up and finish your dinner because my brother should be here soon.” I held back a snarl that was in my throat. The girl needed desperately needed to learn more tact.
 
 
(Reminds us of a much younger someone doesn't it?)
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. (This is backtracked to leaving the book store) ~~~
 
There was one thing that bugged him and that was not understanding. For example take after he had paid for the outrageous number of books the little minx, other wise known as Kagome, just smiled up at him and offered the handles to the two full bags of books. Without a word of protest on his part or anything else the next thing he knew he had taken the bags and had given her his other arm and walked out.
 
This was something that was not in his nature. He did not EVER carry anything for anyone else. He repeated the scene over and over in his head as they traveled on the chair to a tailor shop central store. All designers worked together in the center of a circle and each had their own store in the circle. Half was for men and the other half for women. There were several of them on various levels depending on how much you wanted to spend. The higher up the higher the prices. While he had gone to the top tailor store it wasn't in his opinion the best. Their clothing tended to be too outlandish or to western (American) for his tastes. So there was one about 12 levels down from where he lived that he shopped at the most for his suits and traditional clothing.
 
When they arrived he called one of his workers at his office to get the books from the chair that he was sending on the way. Then taking Kagome inside the store it was an instant may lee of confusion. Taking one of the babbling idiots he told her what needed to be done and she was to tell the rest. Warily he sat down on the men's side of the circular store and waited.
 
After a short while Kagome came up to him in one of the tailors dresses for his approval. The pattern on it was awful but the design was nice so a consultant came over and for the next two hours he saw what styles were available and patterns. Once he was sure that she had the minimum of at least 10 formal outfits he allowed her to put her head together with the tailor and designers on what she wanted.
 
He sat watching as she directed everyone now that she knew their names. The chaos that had erupted when they had first walked in was now stream lines according to her instructions. Though is was loud it was concocting several interesting designs that were originals. Kagome's taste in clothing and color was almost remarkable but he remembered allot of what Mrs. Dunne had suggested for her and she was applying it with her own flair. Rubbing his head at the noise his phone rang. At first he didn't want to answer because of his headache but once he decided to answer it, it took a few seconds to find since it wasn't at his belt like usual. Finding it in his pants pocket he took the call.
 
The short but intriguing conversation had his mind off the noise and on to who this Yumi was. Finally having the excuse he needed to drag Kagome out of hear and back home to quieter surroundings was at hand. Luckily for him they had just finished the fourth dress when He tapped Kagome on the arm.
 
“Huh? Oh Sesshoumaru. What did you need?” asked Kagome.
 
“You have finished the fourth design correct?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Then make your farewells it is time to get home for supper.”
 
“Oh! I forgot about food okay just give me a minute.” leaving the huddle of talking women I went to the check out counter and paid for the outfits and the costs for the four designed clothes. By the time I had signed my name to the receipt Kagome was by my side. She waved farewell as we left the store and made our way back to the sidewalk to call another chair.
 
“Sesshoumaru?” I turned to look at her. “Thank you for today. I loved the books and designing my own clothes was exciting. You have been more patient with this then I could have ever imagined. So I guess words might not express it enough on how much this means to me so I have a request.”
 
Curious as I was to find out the chair had arrived and I went to sit down. Patting the seat next to me Kagome took it. “What is this request of yours?”
 
“Um. When we get back home I will ask you. I think that would be best.” Now my curiosity was definitely getting the better of me as to what would make her blush like that. I would find out soon enough. However, there was a miko in my office to deal with. The wench had been rude and even if she did apologize she was still going to have to pay in some way. If she has completed her training maybe I should make her train Kagome as repayment for the insult? Or do I really want to keep the insulting wench around?
 
We arrived at the western office building almost exactly an hour from what I had told Inuyasha. It please me a little to know that I could still be punctual after the past few days with the delays.
My First floor secretary handed me the completed work that they had gotten done for my review and we headed up to the office.
 
“Kagome.”
 
“Yes Sesshoumaru?”
 
“In my office should be my half brother and a miko. Yesterday I had called to find you a teacher for your powers but I had gotten a very rude woman. It seems she might be related to the woman I had meant to talk too. She insulted my houses' honor and you. It seems now she is here to apologize so, if you would, allow me to a handle this as I deem necessary.”
 
“You aren't going to terrorize her like you did Mrs. Dunne are you?”
 
“Very much like.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Kagome I am the leader of the entire western side of Japan. I can not be seen as weak like my father was. I have already told you what happens if my house is seen as weak. My hold over my nobles is weakening because they have heirs should they die in battle, I do not. Now let me handle this as I see fit or you shall regret it.” Taking a deep breathe I could smell the slight fragrance of tears. Kagome had with drawn her arm and up till now I had not noticed that it was wrapped around me like it had been all day. My chest felt tight and I couldn't understand why a pang of hurt went through my heart at her reaction.
 
The elevator doors opened and I stepped into the office to see my brother and `Yumi' eating at the side table. Approaching the table my brother called out. “Hey. You are right on time we were just talking about you.”
 
“About what little brother?” he growled at the old nick name.
 
“Don't start. You don't want me to start using Fl...” I quickly wrapped my hand around his mouth to stop the Kami awful name from coming out. Inuyasha was glaring at me but I ignored him for the girl at the table. It wasn't until he licked my hand that I pulled away. He was smirking at me when looked at him. I used my speed to quickly reach up and wiped my hand on his face. He looked about ready to fight when I held up my hand.
 
“It belongs on you brother. Now is this the woman you spoke of?” I gestured to the girl.
 
“Yeah that's the wench.”
 
“Hey! First I was miko now wench? I don't think so buddy.”
 
“Feh I already told you there was nothing you could do to me.”
 
“Oh yeah?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
Before the childish argument could go further I had to interrupt. “Very well then you two. I am here to hear the miko's apology if you could shut up for a minute.”
 
“Sorry.” said yumi.
 
“Feh!” (Come on you know who that was.)
 
I rubbed my head with one hand as I went to sit at my desk. Setting the papers down on the paper tray for me to do either later or tomorrow I looked up from where I sat. Pointing to the chair in front of me I simply said, “Sit.” Yumi came and sat down.
 
“Now tell me why you were so rude.”
 
“As I already told the younger Mr. Takahashi my nephew likes to make prank calls. He is really into computers and electronics. He can duplicate almost any voice and get it to say almost anything like a real person would. He is known for making prank phone calls all the time. Anyway that morning he had tricked Etsu into believing that our other sister was sick and she went to make sure she was okay. The problem is that the shrine is supposed to be shut down if she isn't there because right now the insurance is in her name only.”
 
“I haven't been able to make enough money at my side job to add myself on and help her support the shrine. When she left me in charge so that she could run over to our sister's the service was just getting over when you called. When I heard your voice I had assumed my nephew saw your press conference and copied your voice like he had done with so many others. It wasn't until after I hung up and called the operator to ask the number I thought he called from that I noticed it was a different city number. I always called back the number after my I thought my nephew had called to give either him a scolding or the parents of his friend the news that they were using the phone to make prank calls.”
 
“When I dialed the number and got the western offices I was so upset that I immediately packed a bag. Leaving a note on the table I closed the shrine and came here. I came to apologize and if you will allow to help train your miko.”
 
I could smell no lie and I watched as she fidgeted under my stare as she told her story. It was simply bad timing, though I couldn't let her get away with being rude, I understood why she had acted like she did. Weighing my options I wondered which I should do. Let her stay and train Kagome or send her home and demand Etsu. Perhaps a test was in order?
 
“Kagome could you come here please.” I was watching as her head jerked up and her eyes were wide in surprise at being called upon. She wandered away from the wall near the elevator to my desk.
 
“Yumi this is Kagome. Kagome this is Yumi. Since Yumi wants to make amends and thinks she is able to train you we shall conduct a few tests to see if she is strong enough. Now Yumi if you have completed your training then you should be able to use you aura sight correct?”
 
“Yes.” I smirked because the little wench was going to be blinded. Kagome's aura was so strong that I never bothered but I knew that the purer the being the brighter the light. Let us see if she can handle it or if she is going to have to go to the infirmary downstairs to fix her eyes.
 
“Good. Then I suggest that you take a look at my miko and see for yourself that there is no taint to darker emotions on her person. Kagome could you stand there by the table she might need a little distance to see clearly.” Kagome did as instructed. The miko started to mouth the words to the chant. I got out of my seat and went to stand behind her. I knew she would try and turn away once she got a good look but I was going to make her search for what she had casually insulted.
 
~~~Yumi's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I turned towards the woman named Kagome and I could feel her power now that I thought about it. It was just so kind and gentle that it just slipped into my defenses and I knew unless I angered the power it wouldn't hurt me. I chanted the words that would switch my eyesight to that of auras and before I even opened my eyes I could see the glow through my eyelids. Though it seemed brighter then normal I didn't tone down the sight and that would be a mistake I would deeply regret.
 
When I opened my eyes the entire room seemed to be glowing and as my eyes focused on the shape in the center it seemed to get brighter and brighter until it started to burn. I tried to close my eyes and found that I couldn't Panicking I screamed. The pain was unbearable. I felt as though my eyes were trying to melt inside their sockets.
 
“Scream all you want miko. I told you to check her aura for any taint or darker emotions and I shall not let your eyes close until you do. Look upon the woman that you dared to try and call corrupted. This miko is purity, this is power, and this is the soul that purified the shikon jewel.”
 
I tried to do as he said and look for anything that could be called taint but there was nothing. The pain was quickly fogging my brain. When his voice told me that this was the soul that had purified the jewel I stopped screaming and just left my mouth open in shock. I had had no idea. The pain didn't seem as important as my thoughts turned towards the stories about this soul and the unimaginable power it had had to purify the jewel even at its darkest with a single touch. My sister and I would be honored to retrain this woman as a miko.
 
Finally his fingers moved away from my eyes and they closed. I chanted the reversal and could feel the heat slowly leave my eyes. I used a touch of my powers to heal them for I knew that if I didn't I would either need glasses or surgery. The shame I felt before was nothing like now. The younger Mr. Takahashi had said she had no prejudice against anyone and had bared his teeth at me when I had assumed that to mean youkai and part demons. I now saw what they had meant. Kagome was the purest soul and now I had to find a way to make up for my insult, for even to hint as I had done was too much.
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I wasn't sure what Sesshoumaru wanted when he asked me to stand by the table. It wasn't until I saw her eyes open that I began to understand. Her eyes glowed a very faint pink and then she tried to turn away. Sesshoumaru had stopped her and placed his fingers around her eyes to keep them open and turned her head back towards me.
 
Hearing her scream made me want to hurt Sesshoumaru but he has asked to be allowed to handle this his way. I didn't see the point in terrorizing one miko but it was important to him. I understood when he mentioned that she had insulted me and his house that some punishment was in order but this seemed way too much. I was about to yell at him to stop it when her screams stopped.
 
I was hopeful that whatever had caused her to scream bloody murder was over and that she was okay. Her eyes moved back and forth for a while when finally Sesshoumaru released her. Yumi had her eyes closed again and I could feel her powers rise a little. Then it receded and I could see the look of determination on her face as well as her clenched hands.
 
Looking at Sesshoumaru I noticed a slight smile on his face. While this may have hurt her I was sure whatever more tests he had in mind were worse. I began to pity the miko because she had done what never should be.
 
`She pissed off the Killing Perfection.'
 
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I was happy that my brother had finally arrived since I had been about to main the dumb miko. After he wiped my slobber back on me I was mad and ready to fight him. Then the stupid woman had to butt in and when I finally was going to get her Sesshoumaru stopped it.
 
But now as Sesshoumaru taught the wench her lesson he had to smirk. Normally he didn't like watching his brother torture anyone and might have stepped in if she hadn't dug her hole with him so deep.
 
The punishment of seeing Kagome's aura unprotected seemed a little harsh but with what she had said to him he figured it wasn't enough. His brother's whispered words made him want to question his sanity about revealing that her soul had purified the Tama. The girl probably thought that she was a reincarnation and while that was true she was of Kikiyo she wasn't of the jewels destroyer.
 
Looking at the wench now as she tried to heal the damage done to her eyes was pitiful. Everyone knows that you should turn down the sight if you have never looked upon the person before because that way this didn't happen. Though some never bothered because they had never been around anything that was bright enough to need to do that. Seems this wench was one of those. Made me wonder if the sister was even strong enough to train Kagome if that was the case.
 
“Feh. Are you done now?”
 
“No I am not. I said a few tests and this was only the first. Once she is done healing herself we shall see how well she can purify compared to Kagome.” Though this sounded like a plan I wasn't sure what was going to be purified since other then his sword their were no powerful relics in the office. A few minutes passed before the Miko Yumi came out of her trance.
 
“Now Yumi I am assuming that you still want to see if you are powerful enough to train Kagome?” my brother asked.
 
“Yes Mr. Takahashi.”
 
“Very well then follow me.” It seemed he had something somewhere that needed to be purified.
We all loaded into the elevator and went to the basement. He walked over to the smallest vault that required and eye scan, hand print, blood test, and voice recognition all at the same time. Once that was done he had to punch in from what I could see a twenty-six number code. Slowly the small door opened to reveal something I didn't know still existed.
 
I couldn't believe it but seeing it there made it all too real. Upon a velvet pillow stood the shell of the Shikon Jewel. Its surface was black as I had ever seen it but there were no massive amounts of power, only a feeling of intense hatred. It seems that Kagome's wish had taken all the real power and Midoriko's soul out of the jewel leaving behind the spirits of the demons that were defeated. When Sesshoumaru turned around I watched Kagome as she gasped and turned white and for a moment I thought she was going to faint. We both had thought the jewel gone but somehow Sesshoumaru had found it and had put it in a safe place.
 
“Here Miko Yumi is the remains of the Shikon No Tama.” Yumi's eyes went wide and she started forward to stand in front of Sesshoumaru. She didn't try to touch it yet.
 
“Inside the Jewel still lies some power. The power of hatred but since the wish was almost entirely pure this remained. The miko that made the wish on the jewel could feel hatred but at the moment the wish was made she was feeling none. So this could not be absorbed to entirely finish off the jewel. So here it is corrupted for over nine hundred years because the keeper was not here to cleanse it. I wish you to touch it and try and purify it. If you can get it too glow pink for even a moment then I might allow you to stay and train Kagome.”
 
Yumi's powers flared and though they couldn't harm me they still hurt so I stepped back. Sesshoumaru was wearing the mask that he had in the feudal era as he watched the jewel closely to see if Yumi could do as he asked ignoring any pain he might have felt at her rising powers.
 
Yumi clasped her hands together raising her pointer fingers to form a triangle and started chanting. Finally she seemed ready and she titled her first fingers forward to touch the jewel. At first I thought she had failed but ever so slowly her powers lightened the jewel. Sweat was forming on her brow as she channeled her power forward. Finally after about three minutes the jewel slowly returned to the pink brilliance I remembered. She had passed.
 
“Enough Miko.” it took a moment I think for her to hear him but she took her hands away and the jewel quickly went back to black.
 
“It seems you are stronger then you look miko. Now you know what you could do bringing all your training and power to this moment. I want to show you something. Kagome come here please.” I saw her hesitate a moment before coming forward.
 
“Yumi if you had any doubts about what I had said earlier watch this.” he motioned to Kagome, “Kagome is standing here with no power raised and very little training. She will neither speak nor think a chant as she does what took all your strength to do. Hold out your hand Kagome.” again I saw her hesitate but she raised her hand and opened it. Sesshoumaru dropped the jewel into her palm and we both felt her powers flair like never before. The hallway flooded with wind and in the next moment was gone.
 
I opened my eyes to see Kagome staring at the jewel. When I saw the jewel it was shinning pink like some stupid pink neon sign. I switched to look at Yumi her eyes were starting to roll back into her head. I ran and caught her before she hit the floor.
 
“I think that is enough Kagome you can give it back now.” said my brother. Kagome shook her head.
 
“No Sesshoumaru, touching it awoke the spirits within the jewel, it is mine and I am supposed to protect it. I was originally born with it in my body Sesshoumaru. Now that it is in my hand again I have to keep the demon spirits at rest because if I let go now everyone will be able to feel its power again. Though it is no where near as strong as it was before, now it is even more dangerous because their is no good soul holding them back from reeking destruction if it falls into the wrong hands.”
 
“I can feel what is needed to be done. It is like someone is inside my head telling me that there is a way to get rid of it for good. I think I need to up my training. I believe the only way to get rid of it is to learn a spell that will allow my body to absorb it instead of being inside me again. That way the jewel has no form but me and my soul shall keep them at bay until I die.”
 
“Kagome this might be the spirits talking so that they can try and take you over!” I yelled at her. I was scared now. Kagome refused to give back the damn thing. She wanted to become a living jewel? In order to calm some of the most blood thirsty souls around?
 
“As much as I hate to say it Kagome he might be right. How do you know it isn't the demons within?” I looked at my brother to see what he thought but he still had that damn mask in place. “I did not let you touch it Kagome to take back up this burden. It was to see if it indeed still was the jewel. You are right there is no protective barrier anymore. Its lust for blood surpasses that of the my sword. Even I struggle to not to give in to it and for you to take this within you would most likely destroy you. Please I am asking you to give it back. This Safe has kept it quiet and safe for over 180 years. Just let me put it back.” I had never heard my brother plead before. How long had he had that damn thing? Just how long has he kept this a secret from me? How did he keep it secret? I was there when she faded away there was nothing left where she had been standing. I would talk to my brother later after this was resolved.
 
“Sesshoumaru you know I am right. If I let go now it will spend the power it just stole from me to lure some greedy person here and take it. The safe can not hold magic. You have placed seals but they weren't done by some one like me and they are useless now. The power it stole it can't use as long as it is on my person for my soul won't let it.”
 
“Kagome how do you know all this for sure?”
 
“Midoriko.”
 
“What does that wench have to do with this?”
 
“Though I set her soul free Inuyasha her duty has yet to be finished. When I made my wish she was the one that kept my soul safe for the journey through time. She over saw my rebirth and made sure that I kept my memories. She has joined with me somehow and that is why I have such a power boost. Once I learn the spell she will take over keeping them quiet again until I die. Once my body dies it must be cremated and after that we both can finally rest. The spirits will be released and the jewel and my body gone.” It really scared me with how she was talking about her death so casually. I just found her again and here she is talking about her death as if it were no big deal. I was about to say something when Sesshoumaru beet me to it.
 
“Are you both so eager to die?”
 
“Huh?” Kagome looked like she was coming our of a trance that no one had realized that she was in.
 
“Kagome?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“What is the last thing you remember?” she looked at me funny for a minute before answering.
 
“I was talking about the jewel right?”
 
“Are you not sure Kagome?” asked Sesshoumaru.
 
“I am but I am not sure what you heard vs. what I heard.”
 
“What did you hear?”
 
“Midoriko's voice telling me what happened and how to free the spirits within so that they can finally continue on their way. Something though I am not sure of is when she was explaining how she attached herself to me. The concept I understand it just how she managed it that surprises me.”
 
“What do you mean Kagome?”
 
“It seems that Midoriko had in secret a child before she died. It seems the child grew up and had children of her own.”
 
“So what does that have to do with you?”
 
“It seems she was able to attach herself to me through a technicality in my wish.”
 
“Kagome make yourself clear you are talking in riddles.”
 
“Okay. I'll try this again. Some how she had a child in secret. The girl grew up with a foster family and had children of her own. Now this is the interesting part. Turns out that her daughter is an ancestor of my family tree. When I wished for all my friends to live happily with their families it allowed her soul to watch over me. To make sure I was born when the wish lengthened how long it took for me to be born. So here she is finishing what she hadn't meant to start over a millennium ago.”
 
“Well I don't know about you two but I'm tired. What are we going to do with Yumi?” I think we all had forgotten the fainted miko.
 
“I guess I'll put her on the couch. You two find out how the jewel is going to stay on her then.” I said picking the miko up bridal style and walking back towards the elevator. The ride was silent and I pondered on what Kagome had said. If Midoriko was really inside of Kagome then why couldn't she just make up a spell or teach Kagome one that would allow her to do what she needed to? This just has trouble written all over it.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~~
 
In my entire life I had never had to plead with anyone. The jewel was not supposed to reawaken and for sure as hell wasn't supposed to be absorbed by Kagome. She already did her part as I have done mine. Cursing the fates I closed the safe.
 
“Sesshoumaru?” I turned to see Kagome looking up at me with a slight blush on her face.
 
“Yes Kagome?”
 
“I'm really sorry about all this. Especially after the great day we had. I mean...” I placed a finger to her lips to make her quiet.
 
“It was I that did this not you. I could have left it here and asleep for the rest of time. I wanted to teach the girl a lesson and this is what happened.” She took my hand away from her mouth and let it drop. She came to me and embraced me in a hug.
 
Nuzzling my head into her hair I allowed her scent to calm me. Blanking my mind I let my worries go for the moment and just held her. I wasn't sure when she became important to me but she had. My beast clamored to do something to stop this situation with the jewel but as far as I knew, only what she suggested could rid the world of it for good.
 
“May I ask you something Sesshoumaru?” her voice was slightly muffled by my chest and her breath heated my skin. I tried to push away any arousal at her innocent actions as I asked her what she wanted.
 
“I know that this isn't really the time or the place so could we go back up to the house? I still need to ask you about my request.” slightly confused but agreeable we made our way upstairs. My brother would probably stay in the office on near the couch watching over the other miko. So we headed straight to my home floor. Upon arrival she took up my arm and led me to my private sanctuary on top of the building in my garden. She gestured for me to sit on the bench we had earlier.
 
“Okay. I'm not really sure how you will like my gift to you for everything you have done but here goes. My request is for you to close your eyes until I tell you to open them. Pay no mind to what I am doing for a moment and please don't assume the worst.”
 
She was speaking in riddles again. How I detested riddles. Father's was enough to make me want to resurrect him and kill him myself. However she wasn't asking me to solve anything so I closed my eyes and waited for what ever she was going to do.
 
Once my eyes closed I could feel her hands upon my person as they slowly made their way around my chest and back. She was rubbing as she went almost like a massage. Feeling slightly more comfortable I relaxed a little. Her hands never ceased movement but then something changed. I wasn't exactly sure what until a felt a slight breeze. The little minx had opened his shirt and had slid it almost all the way off while he had been distracted. He was about to protest when he felt her hands stop on his shoulders. From how they were placed he knew she was right in front of him.
 
He took a small breath and then noticed that she was aroused and felt his control slipped a little. Then he felt her lips pressed to his. To say he was shocked was an understatement but when she didn't pull away he began to return it. She wrapped her arms around his neck and climbed into his lap. His blood began to heat at her scent and her actions. He could feel himself hardening quickly as the kiss became more passionate.
 
She nibbled on his lip before he opened his mouth and she dove in. A heated growl escaped him and he returned the favor. One hand went around her waist to press her against him causing delightful friction while the other dug into her hair to hold her in place. He had never felt like this for there was a hunger growing inside him for more. The kiss never seemed to end and eventually her hands slipped from around his neck and caressed his sides and his chest making his growl become harsher and more heated.
 
There lips never stopped moving as the battle for dominion continued. Her hands were leaving fire upon his skin even more then his dream. Thought was almost gone as his control was fast slipping away. His hand from her hair slid down and rested just on top of her clothed breast. Pulling away they both panted for breath while his thumb ran over her hardened nipple spiking her arousal further.
 
His pants felt four sizes to small as his arousal made itself known to him. Groaning as he shifted to help relieve some of the pain a startled `eep' brought his gaze back to Kagome. Her cheeks were flushed and she was still panting a little as her hand covered the one on her chest.
 
In a bold move she squeezed his hand that held her allowing him to feel how full and soft it was. Blinking once he was trying to understand that she wanted the attention but gave up on thinking and squeezed again and this time heard her moan. Not being satisfied with the feel with clothing in the way he slipped his hand down and under her shirt quickly. Slowly raising his hand back up caressing the heated skin until he reached her breast again. Using his claw he lifted the edge of it and worked his fingers under it.
 
The skin was so soft. Softer then his tail as he held it in his hands feeling the weight and fullness. Working a little harder he was able to move his thumb back over her hardened nipple and traced slow circles around it. Kagome's head fell back and she let out a loud moan which then encouraged him to grind his hips a little against hers. `Kami now I want her.'
 
Moving other hand from her waist to under her but he gave a hard squeeze to hear her moan again as he stood up. As awkward as the position was he was able to hold her until he got to his door. Using his foot carefully he opened them and shut them behind him. Giving up the last of conscious thought he erected a barrier before laying down with her on his bed. Working his hand lose of the bra he reached down and pulled her shirt over head. Pulling back a moment he looked at the picture she made.
 
Her hair was mussed from his hand and trailing over his pillows. Her lips slightly red from the kissing earlier and his eyes trailed down her neck to her chest. The bar was slightly askew from moving it. Luckily it was a front clasp and he had to see her. His hand had a mind of it own as he reached down and opened it.
 
Pushing it to the sides he stared hungrily at her before realizing that the jewel had rolled free from the bra and now was resting against her neck on the pillows. He reached down and caressed her once before lowering his head to bring his lips to her nipple. His hand trailed over her shoulder and clasped the jewel against her shoulder as he began to suck.
 
Kami her skin tasted good. Her scent was over powering him and he knew that unless they stopped soon they wouldn't be able to do the presentation of her as a white. He didn't want to stop as her back arched into him offering her breasts like some treat. His other hand dug into the bed trying to regain control.
 
Pulling back he switched breasts and gave the other the same treatment. He was slowly coming back to his senses since she wasn't trying to touch him. Her hands were grasping the sheets in a white knuckle grip. Taking a deep breath as he let go of her making sure not to breathe through his nose he rose up to lay his forehead against hers.
 
She opened her eyes to stare up at him. He could tell she was feeling content by her eyes and she reached her hand up to tuck a strand of his hair back behind his ear giving it a gentle scratch before cupping his face. She titled her head to kiss him again. It was a gentle kiss, one more of thanks then passion.
 
Dropping away he noticed a slight blush on her cheeks. Smirking a little at her now shy attitude he decided to tease her a little more. He lowered his chest till it rested against hers. Though it worked in teasing her it reminded him how aroused he was when she flexed her hips to get more comfortable. He gave her another kiss on the mouth slowly working his way down her jaw and then her neck making sure his chest dragged against hers. He nipped at her neck and licked away any pain. Giving into temptation he began to suck on her pulse point gently until he knew it would leave a mark.
 
Pulling back he examined it with a critical eyes before returning to rest his forehead against hers again. Her arms came and looped around his neck once more as she buried her face in his neck giving his a similar treatment starting at his neck and working towards his ear. Growling heatedly again she reached the tip and took it between her teeth nipping and working the creases with her tongue. His control was slipping back out as he felt his eyes start to change. He bit his tongue to silence the groan building in his throat He pulled her away. Getting up off her he laid next to her trying desperately not to pounce on her and take her. His muscles were flexing and clenching trying to work free.
 
She rolled onto her side totally heedless of her topless state. She propped herself up on one hand and looked him in the eye.
 
“Though that was a little farther then I meant to go I hoped you enjoyed my thank you Sesshoumaru.” and with that she pecked him on the cheek and grabbed her shirt pulling it back over her head. Taking the jewel from my hand she stood to leave.
 
For some reason her comment hurt. It was only a thank you? Did she not then care for me? I must have made some noise that I had been unaware of because she turned back around at the door. She must have saw something that I did not mean for her to see.
 
Kagome came back to the bed and rested on the side and I remained quiet. She looked at me closely before laying back down. Not sure what she was doing but she leaned up and re-removed her shirt. Shocked, I remained still and she scooted closer and leaned into my chest until I was pushed onto my back. She moved my left arm out of the way and laid her head on my shoulder pressing her nude front to my side. Still I did nothing as I watched her.
 
Kagome gave an exasperated sighing reached for my hand and brought it to rest against her side close to her breast. She closed her eyes and said quietly, “I hope we can do this again some time.”
 
My heart started beating again and the hurt disappeared. Her feelings for me ran deeper then I had hoped. Grabbing a pillow with my free hand I tucked it beneath my head. Looking up at the ceiling I reveled in the feel of her against me again tonight. Though the scent of arousal was still strong it was fading and I was slowly relaxing into sleep. Her hand still clasping the jewel rested on my chest. So taking her hand in my right I closed my fingers over her to make sure she didn't drop it.
 
I wasn't sure what this would change between us but for the first time in a long time hope was actually strong instead of a tiny flame. That she had allowed me to do what I did tonight and was comfortable in his presence afterwards was a good sign. That maybe she would be willing to help him in the spring. Closing his eyes he committed the night to memory to think of again later and drifted off to a deep sleep that he hadn't really had since he was a pup.
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V. ~~~
 
After placing the miko on the couch I sat down and pulled out my cell. I called the kitchens to whip up a midnight snack and grabbed Sesshoumaru's laptop out of his desk. Using the table cart Kagome had used he opened it and set it up to finish up on work. A few minutes later the elevator beeped as it was passing thru and I knew it was most likely Kagome and Sesshoumaru. I didn't want to leave the miko alone because who knew what trouble she would cause in Sesshoumaru's office if left unattended so I decided to stay until she woke up.
 
Hours later she still wasn't awake and I was beginning to think that she would sleep thru till the morning. Closing down the computer I locked it back up in Sesshoumaru's desk and made sure his was locked. Checking for any last things that might be confidential I tucked away and took the key and placed it in my pocket. Bringing a footstool over me stretched out on the chair and fell into a light doze.
 
I awoke to a soft shuffling of feet. Opening my eyes slowly I saw that the miko was no longer on the couch. Titling my head slowly up I searched for her and found her twirling herself in my brother's chair. She seemed to be talking on a cell phone to someone. Half curious as to whom and half mad in thinking it might be reporters or something of the sort. I stood up and made my way over to the girl.
 
“What do you think you are doing miko?” I said in the hardest voice I knew. She stopped twirling and held one hand over the phone and looked up at me shocked and what looked like a little mad.
 
“I'm talking to my sister! I was just telling her about yesterday.”
 
“You haven't said anything about how Sesshoumaru tested you did you?” she scowled.
 
“No, not yet I hadn't made it that far into telling her.”
 
“Then don't! It was your test and the less people that know about that damn jewel the better. You can tell her about your first test but not the second.” I growled at her.
 
“And if I do?” she said defiantly.
 
“You will have one of two choices. I could get a city order and kill you both or I could sue you to keep your mouth shut and get a curse placed upon you to make sure you don't tell anyone.” she went pale.
 
“You wouldn't kill me, would you?” her voice shook. Normally I would just say no and laugh it off but if it got out the a part of the jewel remained then Kagome would be in danger and I couldn't have that if I could stop it.
 
“Yes. You would pose a threat to my breeder and I couldn't allow you to endanger her life.” she seemed to recover a little.
 
“Yes sister I am still here. Can I call you back in a minute? I need to talk to someone. (A pause) Yeah okay. I'll call you tonight then after the shrine closes. (Pause) No I made it alright, yes he seemed to accept my apology, I am at the western offices at the moment, talk to you later, bye.” she clicked off her phone and looked back up to me.
 
“I understand that the jewel is still here and that it was tainted. How could a purified jewel harm her or letting anyone know about It.” where was the idiot girl when it came to brains? I rubbed my head and motioned for her to follow me. I sat back in the chair as she sat back on the couch.
 
“Do you know the story of the jewel?” might as well start at the beginning.
 
“Yes.”
 
“What parts?” she looked confused. “Parts?” she murmured.
 
“Okay let's give you a condensed version. Midoriko was outnumbered one day as she fought demons that had joined together to beat her. She captured them along with her soul into a jewel. It became known as the Shikon no tama. It could grant ANY wish but most demons didn't want a wish but the power inside of it. They constantly tried to get pieces to try and absorb the power. Roughly 300 years after the making of the jewel it came to Kikiyo a priestess with very high powers. I met her in the looking for the jewel to use it to become full demon. Instead we fell in love. I was going to use it to become human and we were going to live together.”
 
“Instead someone interfered and made us think the other betrayed us. I was pinned to the god tree for fifty years and she died. The jewel burned with her. Her reincarnation came at the end of that fifty years and released me. I thought it was her and tried to kill her to get the jewel. Instead I was collared,” I raised the necklace to show her, “and every time she said sit I was slammed to the ground. She didn't want to be guardian and one day accidentally broke it.”
 
“We spent five years looking for it and the demon that made me think kikiyo betrayed me came out of hiding. He was able to get more of the jewel then us and it increased his power so that he could make incarnations of himself to fight us. Anyway to make the rest of the story short five years later we defeated him, I had fallen in love with the girl, got my sword, made friends for the first time in my life, semi-adopted a fox kit and it almost came all crashing down when the girl made her wish. She wished us to be happy and live long lives with our families. But it sent her home and I couldn't reach her. The wish allowed me and my brother to finally make peace and allowed youkai to survive. It made humans respect the earth and not their greed so they didn't destroy us or the planet.”
 
“That very soul that made that pure hearted wish had no hate. So the power of jewel is limited now that Midoriko's soul had been released and most of the power was given up to change everyone. The problem is that because that pure soul hated no one the spirits of the demons that are full of hate for being stuck in there still live in the jewel and will call anyone to it, if let out of her possession. In the wrong hands it can change people and demons back how to they were before the wish. It would eventually change everyone back and the earth would be slowly destroyed again. The jewel is nothing but a big threat in a small package. The word that it survives can not leave this room miko. Do you have any idea the chaos it would cause?” the girl looked scared but not frightened. Damn she has to be frightened in order to take an oath.
 
“So what you are saying is that it is dangerous to us all? Would changing everyone back be so bad? Surely now that the cities are in place no one would want to destroy that. I mean it keeps everything clean and safe.” the girl was a total waste of time and unfortunately she had to understand in order to make sure she didn't tell anyone.
 
“Listen carefully miko. IF word got out that the jewel is around it will be a BLOOD BATH! The wish changed demons enough that we can live along side you. If just one of the greedy people in this city got their hands on it another would kill that person and another would come and kill them. It would go on until everyone was fighting for the chance to have it. Before the wish the full jewel made you damn near invincible. I know I battled against several demons that had shards or the whole thing. The only reason I beat them was that they didn't have the jewel long enough to absorb the power in it sufficiently not to die.”
 
“The jewel can make any demon or human ten to twenty times stronger. Can you imagine if someone like my brother got a hold of it but with evil purposes? The cities are only convenient killing boxes. The person could ravage the land and take over everything. No more peace, no more rules, just Tyrants. You could be raped for no more reason then a man wanted to. The police would be killed first and then they would come after miko's and kill you before you could kill them. Do you understand? The world would end as you know it. Things would be thrown aside and not recycled, people's bodies would be left to rot where they laid, food would go to the strong while you starved, and everything you owned would be gone.”
 
“Does this scare you miko? Is this getting thru that little head of yours about what all this means?” She looked ready to faint again but she stayed sitting up. Her eyes were wide and finally frightened. I grabbed my glass from my snack the night before and cut my palm. I let enough blood out so that it was a mouthful.
 
“I understand.” her voice was shaky at best but it was enough so I put the glass in front of her. “What is this?” she looked down at it.
 
“You are going to take a blood oath miko. Give me your hand.” she jerked her head up before saying loudly, “What!”
 
“You heard me. Now give me your hand!” I shouted.
 
“I will not. That will not be necessary! I can keep my mouth shut.” She crossed her arms and stared at me. I sighed I really didn't want to have to explain everything but it looked like I had to at least explain this.
 
“Girl did I not just explain to you what would happen if word got out?”
 
“Yes and I said I understood. Why would you have to demand a blood oath?” her voice was calming as if she was thinking about something.
 
“Damn it wench. There are mind readers out there you know. One checked you out at the age of twenty! Unless you take the oath any mind reader will be able to see that the jewel is still around. Now GIVE ME YOUR HAND!” I put mine out and almost grabbed hers before using my claw to puncture it to draw a little blood. She tried to pull away but I held the glass and her hand over it until a few drops fell.
 
Releasing her hand I looked at her and offered it. She shook her head and I came over the desk. I used my weight on her lap to hold her still.
 
“You will drink this wench even if I have to make sure you swallow. I can keep giving blood and you can keep giving until you pass out or you can drink it now and be done with it.” She looked scared and I knew why. I could feel my blood stirring and it knew that unless she made the oath it would take over and kill her.
 
“You only have two choices drink and take the oath or I will kill you now. It doesn't matter to me either way.” I growled at her and finally she took the glass and raised it to her lips.
 
“Drink wench.” I ordered. She drank and after it was gone I opened her mouth to make sure she had swallowed, satisfied I got off her and stepped back.
 
“Now repeat after me.” she nodded. “I, Yuri Yoleen take the blood oath to not say a word or to even hint that the Shikon no tama is still around. My thoughts shall be protected by the house of the sun and the moon. No one shall hear one word about this oath on penalty of my life.” she repeated every word and I nodded.
 
“Can I have something to eat the blood unsettled my stomach.” her face seemed a little green.
 
“Yeah, you're a weak wench. Not able to handle a little blood?”
 
“Be quiet Takahashi. Excuse me if drinking it is different then cleaning it away.”
 
“Feh.” I reached into my pocket and called the kitchens for breakfast. I ordered for Sesshoumaru and Kagome to it was almost time for them to come down anyway.
 
&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^& ^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&a mp;^&^&^&^&^&^&^&
 
***Note to readers many believe the mark to be a bite mark like a mating mark. Sorry in this story it is a tattoo of the house's crest. Thanks***
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~~
 
The smell of new air from the outside awoke me. Being on top of the building had that advantage. When they let out the previous day's air and brought in new I could still smell the grass, trees, and other growing things before the city smells took over. I was about to sit up when I realized that there was still someone in my bed. Looking down I noticed that I hadn't moved from the night before. My left arm as securely around the miko and I could feel her breast against me with every breath she took.
 
I nuzzled my head into her hair a little as my hand caressed down her shoulders to her side and down her back. It made me long for my real arm to feel how soft her skin was. I could still memorized her curves though and I laid there doing just that.
 
Opening my eyes it was still really early so I basked in her scent and allowed my thoughts to wonder back to the night before. She had responded so wonderfully and didn't shy away at all. She knew that her words had hurt me though I said nothing and did nothing and I would have never admitted that it had. After only four days in my company she already knew me well enough to see the smallest change. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not.
 
After today I knew my smell would stay slightly mingled with hers until she could receive the house mark. For once my brother had been right in saying that we most likely would never take a mate. We both were lords of lands the mark would have to represent both houses since his children would inherit the east and mine the west. The design for such had already been laid out. It was almost funny how the woman in the picture of the confined crest resembled Kagome.
 
It would be a beautiful mark to complement her beauty. There was a surrounding shield that invoked the words of an incantation that would allow my and Inuyasha to know where she was at anywhere in an almost two mile radius. We also would get a general idea of what she was feeling in extreme situations. Like happiness, sadness, delight, scared, and fearful. The last two were usually the strongest because they were life threatening or endangering. The crest would be made of their confined blood and ink and then placed upon her skin. Humans had similar marks of their own choosing and design but they seemed to fade or blur over time. These marks carried their scent and had to be renewed on occasion by her drinking a little more of their blood. The blood would find its way thru the spell and re-darken the mark and make it clear once again. They were very hard to remove and some had tried but unless the house leader revoked it unless you cut it off and all surrounding tissue it would remain however faint and it someone tried to place their mark over it with any of the spelled skin remaining it would change the mark back to the original one. It cost allot of power to perform and most women died before a new mark could be placed due to blood loss. The mark was placed on the collar of the right shoulder and most gowns of dresses had a cut out over the mark to display it before the other houses.
 
His and continued to caress her skin mindful of his strength in the arm. How he wished for his own. Though then he would have to be mindful of his claws at least he could truly feel her and not worry about his nerves grasping her too hard. Although today his arm seemed to responding better then most days.
 
Opening his right hand he caressed her other arm to get the feeling of her skin. It was so soft smoother then silk and softer then crushed velvet. Though this body was tanned it wasn't like it was back in the feudal era. It was a lighter tan that made her skin into like a soft cream color. It radiated her health and vitality. She also didn't snore thank Kami.
 
Now that he noticed he could feel her soft breaths against his chest hairs and it made a shiver run down his spine. It was highly arousing her warm breath against his nipple but he wasn't sure how responsive she would be this morning. It seemed she also needed a body pillow for her leg was draped over his. He was slightly worried she would retreat after last nights advancement considering that she always seemed so shy before. Releasing her from his arm he scooted away a little and moved her leg enough that she decided to roll onto her back.
 
Having her sprawled across his bed was enchanting. Her hair under her neck pillowed itself around her face making her seem on display. Trailing his eyes down he saw the rise in her chest, the roundness of her breast, the light caramel color of nipple, down her flat stomach, to the sheet that draped across her waist. He could imagine her like this after a totally different kind of night. A little more rumpled from his hands in her hair and I slight bruising on her lips from kisses of passion. Kami now he wanted her.
 
Struggling with himself he tried to resist the tempting picture but found himself slowly moving forward. Leaning back down beside her he moved her hand to cover her own waist and laid beside her. His hand trailed up from her waist back to her breast using his right hand's claws gently to leave red marks that faded as quickly as they appeared. Reaching her nipple he took it between his fingers and gently rolled it till it hardened. Even this deeply asleep her scent started to change.
 
His shaft hardened once more and he almost reached down to help relieve the ache but one hand was propping him up and the other was touching her and couldn't stop. Moving to the other breast with his hand he lowered his lips to the previous and gently kissed then gave a lick before taking back into his mouth. He suckled gently not trying to wake her just relieve some tension. He reluctantly let go and his hand moved up to her collar touching softly when he reached the edge where it met her neck she ducked away moaning slightly. He did it again and this time smiled as she titled her head to give him better access. Kami even in her sleep she tempts me. Pulling away she gave a small whine but he ignored it for his own safety. But before he could get up he felt her grab his arm.
 
“Hmm. You did all that and I don't get a morning kiss? How rude.” taken aback at the fact she had been awake it quickly became embarrassing. Here was someone who had made him blush twice and he wasn't sure he liked it at all.
 
He sighed before asking, “How long?” a quiet giggle was heard but no answer. Rolling on top of her and pinning her hands above her head caused to squeak in surprise and open her eyes wide.
 
I stared into her willing her to answer since I rarely repeated myself. She looked up at me defiantly. Suddenly an idea occurred to me making sure she saw what I was doing I lowered myself using my legs to pin hers until I was eye level with her chest. Smirking wickedly at her I took her nipple back into my mouth and sucked hard. Her back arched as she moaned and I continued for a moment before letting go.
 
“Ready to tell me yet?” her eyes sparkled and a grin lit her face but she shook her head. A challenge then? I never backed away from a challenge. Lowering me head to the other breast I did something a little different sucking gently and rolling her nipple between my teeth. Her moans were lowered and I gave a nip to see how it was received. I heard her gasp and her scent spiked hard and I realized that she had had a small orgasm as her legs bucked.
 
Looking back up I saw her give a full body shiver and knew that if it was this easy for a small one if she allowed the other kinds would truly be powerful. “Ready now?” Her eyes were dreamy and she nodded and opened her mouth but it seemed she had been robbed of speech. Hmm interesting. I got up and waited for her voice to return which it did moments later.
 
“I woke up when your hand switched.” she giggled nervously and finally her embarrassment kicked in making her cross her arms over her chest and as she say up.
 
“It's a little late to be modest miko.” She faced flushed to a bright and rosy red. I gave a quiet chuckle but decided I had teased her enough. I got up and went to find my shirt allowing her ample time to cover up.
 
Finding my shirt where it had fallen behind the small bench I looked at it for a moment. The bench had never really had any significance to him before but now he found he was rather fond of it. Putting the shirt over his arm he noted that he would also have to remember that this was the shirt the night everything had changed.
 
He had asked his brother how far they had gone and he had said only kissing and a little touching but he had always been afraid that Naraku was around so they never went far in case he tried something. He knew that he was the first to ever touch her like that and found that he liked the thought very much. He had silently promised his brother that he could have her first and had no regrets now that he was first in something also.
 
Except for the problems that kept coming up lately life had taken a good turn for the better rather then the mundane. Returning to his room he saw Kagome had indeed pulled her shirt on and was sitting on the edge of the bed. Looking up at him she gave a dazzling smile. She stood up and used that same walk she had the night of the concert and came right up to him. Pulling his head down to eye level with her she gave him a hard kiss before letting go.
 
“I don't know if I will ever get used to the fact that you let me do that.” she kissed him again softer, “Well I had better go get a shower and dressed. Thank you for the wonderful night and the dreams Sesshoumaru.” winking at him her smile changed to alluring in a heartbeat and he could feel the pull before she stepped back and around him out the door.
 
He was breathing hard again as his hands flexed trying hard not to turn around and chase after her. `Kami how did that woman become so tempting? Where had she learned to smile like that? I really need a cold shower now.' He headed off to do just that.
 
The shower cooled him down enough that he could get dressed and went down stairs to see where his brother was. When he didn't find him in his room he assumed he was still watching the other miko. Hearing the shower turn off he walked to the bathroom door and knocked.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Kagome, I am going down to see if my brother is still here. I will make sure breakfast is waiting in my office.”
 
“Oh? Okay be down in a few.” With that I headed down the elevator to my office. When the doors opened I looked around to see Inuyasha and the miko at the table again eating breakfast.
 
“Late morning?” I smirked remembering.
 
“Something like that.” I sat down and pulled off the tray that had my marker on it. Opening it up I found it suitable and began to eat. I was nearly finished when the elevator beeped and opened to see a freshly washed, combed, and happy Kagome.
 
“Morning all!” she chirped. She gave me a secret smile before sitting next to me. To my surprise that smile warmed something in me I couldn't describe but the warmth remained as I finished.
 
Sitting at my desk I turned on the screen to find it locked. It seems my brother was concerned for the safety of my work and I was glad that he remembered. Typing in the password I looked around for the files I had been working on and when they weren't on my desk I tried to open a drawer only to find it locked. Growling I looked up to see Inuyasha smirking.
 
“Give me the key whelp or you will be visiting my hospital downstairs.” Inuyasha just smiled as he tossed the lose key to me. Unlocking all drawers I found my paper work. Setting it on the desk I thought about Kagome's training. I knew she needed it but I also needed to get started.
 
“Kagome?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“You need to run your laps and have Yuri help you on your meditation. Brother you need to help her get started on her dagger throwing. Don't come back before noon. After lunch she will have a doctor's appointment with Dr. Weaver for a check up on how she is taking the drugs.” I stated and Inuyasha nodded as well as Kagome. “Go. I need to get back to work.” They left.
 
Alone at last. I called my secretaries and had them bring up the mornings work and settled in for a productful day.
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
Last night before I fell asleep I planned to keep up my courage and hoped that I could get more in the morning. To wake to some one touching you in a very arousing manner and then have that person suckle at your breast was a wonderful feeling. When he had asked me how long I knew what he meant. He wondered how long I had been awake and I wanted to play around a little so I shook my head.
 
Shock over came me for a moment when he climbed on top of me and pinned my hands. For a minute I thought to be afraid until I saw him look into my eyes. His eyes had almost compelled me to answer but again I refused. I would refuse a hundred times to have the pleasant torture of his lips again. `Kami! I was in heaven and what ever it was he did to the other breast that made me cum'...shivers.... `Just thinking about it.'
 
While the cold shower I took cleaned away any smells, it hardly did anything for the thoughts that ran thru my mind. Breakfast was good and when I smiled at him secretly I could see a warm glow spark in his face though he said nothing.
 
The training schedule that Sesshoumaru gave me was a little hard in my opinion because my legs still hurt from the previous day and then I had to stand and throw the daggers over and over again correcting my aim. I was half curious how Inuyasha learned how to do this but I had a feeling that he had used it more for then just practice over the years.
 
I think I fell asleep during the meditation but I don't think Yuri noticed. It was a little past lunch when I made my way back up to the house and showered to clean up and got into a clean jeans skirt and a tank top. Sesshoumaru said I had a check up later today and this was easy to get out of if I needed to. I tucked the damn jewel back into my bra and headed downstairs.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~~
 
The day had yet to turn up any major problems and around noon I received a call saying that Joanne was here to see me. Allowing her in I finished up the latest contract and sent it down stairs to be processed. The elevator soon beeped to announce her arrival.
 
“Hey Sesshoumaru! I have some things here I thought you might like to see.” Curious as to the fox had I turned towards her. In her hands were several brown wrapped packages.
 
“What is all this?”
 
“Why they're Kagome's of course!” Curious I raised an eyebrow at her in silent question. “You really need to stop that Sesshoumaru! You'll get wrinkles scrunching your face up like that.”
 
“You were always an impertinent child weren't you?”
 
“Yep! Proud of it Sessy boy.” I growled at the hated nick name.
 
“Oh come off it! I am here to deliver her training out fits so you can beet up the poor girl.” she said with sarcasm.
 
Opening one of the packages she set on my desk I noticed that this one was fire rat fur. The design was nice all green with outlines of golden leaves on it. This one seemed up to par for training and I handed it back to her to re wrap.
 
“These are adequate fox. How is her mattress coming?”
 
“I enlisted the aid of a couple spider demons and put them on it post haste. It could be finished as early as tomorrow afternoon.”
 
“That would be good fox. My sleep has been disturbed enough as it is.”
 
“I smell her on you strongly Sessy boy. What have you been up to? Surely you haven't ruined her yet?” she wiggled her brows suggestively. I snorted.
 
“Get your perverted mind out of my business. Since she had no bed and a stupid miko had the couch she slept in my room. Happy?” Sarcasm laced my voice strongly hoping she would drop it.
 
“If she is who dad and Inuyasha say she is why didn't she sleep with him instead?”
 
“He was watching over the miko.”
 
“Then wouldn't that imply that he was down here and not in his room? So his bed would have been free, ne?” she smiled at me.
 
“Kagome had fallen asleep before that was common knowledge fox. Now leave and keep your lips sealed or I shall tell your father who it was that took his prized birthday cake last year and didn't let him have a piece.” I was resorting to threats to get the annoying chit out and her gasp of surprise let me know I had been right.
 
“How do you know about that? You weren't there.”
 
“True I didn't until your little gasp confirmed my theory. You were the only one unaccountable for any length of time so don't push it.”
 
“You're cruel Sessy. I was just trying to find out how far grandma got with you. Seems she had been spending more time with you then Inuyasha.”
 
“Leave fox or I will throw you out.” she flounced to the elevator.
 
“Don't worry Sessy I won't tell daddy how you have been cropping a feel on his poor mother.” she acted like she was blowing him a kiss before giving a small wave with a smirk on her face. I snarled as the doors shut.
 
“Insolence. Miserable wench. That's it I am docking her pay for her work.” I opened the file of payments and reduced significantly the amount to what should only cover expenses though I was generous enough to leave on a tip to pay the spiders she said were helping her. Slightly satisfied with my revenge for now I called for lunch as I waited for Kagome and Inuyasha to return hopefully without the stupid miko. Taking a few minutes to set the table I heard the elevator and out came the people I was hoping for. It seemed they did ditch the miko, good.
 
“Hey fluffy we're here.”
 
“I can see that Inuyasha.”
 
We all sat down to wait for lunch to arrive as we each had our thoughts to think before I heard my brother speak. “I noticed this morning that Kagome smelled strongly of you Sess. Care to explain?” I did not want a fight over this so I tried to think of a way to defuse the situation.
 
“Inuyasha, He only offered me a place to sleep last night. The futon isn't all that comfortable you know after sleeping in his bed. Besides I didn't think it was safe to sleep alone after I got the jewel back.” I wondered if she had thought up an excuse before coming in or if that was off the tip of her tongue.
 
“Oh. Yeah, I suppose you're right. Even with the damn thing quiet in your presence someone still might recognize the power signature.” and he let it go. Letting out a silent sigh of relief. Inuyasha's possessiveness was hard to beat. Even my beast didn't hold onto things or people as strongly as his. Bu then that might be partly my fault for trying to take his sword and letting him grow up among those who didn't understand him. Though I regret the past it was impossible to change now.
 
“Anyway Sess the miko's is taken care off concerning the knowledge she has.”
 
“”What do you mean Inuyasha?” asked Kagome. Inuyasha sighed.
 
“Now that there are developed and trained mind readers, any knowledge you don't want others to know has to be concealed in a blood oath. It's a very serious oath for if you break it then the blood you drank will kill you. The spell is very easy but the oath is precise in its meaning. The oath taker can be tortured to give up what he/she knows but as long as the blood of the demon and miko is stronger as long as they don't speak no one will know. The spell can also be broken by a stronger miko that combines their power with another of equal of greater strength. But finding two pure miko's that would do such a thing is rare. A dark priestess so far has been unable to break the oath. The miko took the oath to ensure that no one finds out about the jewel.” I explained.
 
“But what about me and you two? Won't the mind readers be able to find out from our minds about it?”
 
“Inuyasha and I are protected by our own power and while we are not sure about you at the moment we are pretty sure with a little training we could get your power to protect you too.”
 
“Oh. Do we really want to take that chance?” `No, not really but there is no other choice.'
 
“Yes. Kagome if we swore you to never speak of the jewel if you needed to tell someone about it in order to help get rid of it the spell would kill you. For now Inuyasha and I can have our power cast a mind shield. That would only be a temporary solution since it is very draining. However, it is the best choice for now.”
 
“Well in that case I guess I can go out still?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“One last thing then.” `What could she possibly need to say now?' I thought as I asked the inevitable next question.
 
“What might that be?”
 
“I need a new necklace for the jewel to hang on. Any ideas?” `I suppose it would be a hassle to continue to carry it in her bra. Annoying to if we get to continue later what was started last night. It is the best way to keep it on her person without much suspicion.'
 
“I can send for a chain if you like.”
 
“That would be great. Can I ask a favor though about it?”
 
“Proceed.”
 
“Can you have it blessed or something so that it can't be taken off my neck unless I do it? I would hate for someone to recognize it and try to take it from me.”
 
“A very good point. I shall have it for you by the end of the day. Any particular type of chain you have in mind?” `She has thought about this. Yesterday she thought the jewel gone and today she knows its not but she thinks ahead anyway accepting that her destiny isn't yet fulfilled.' A remarkable trait and is soon to be needed in the days to come.
 
“A good plain silver one or perhaps a braided black silk cord? Maybe both that way I could change the chain as needed for outings?”
 
“Yes. Both shall be ready when you return from Dr. Weaver's. You should get going to see her now.”
 
“Can Inuyasha or you come with?” I hesitated. The doctor was not a person to mess with. Since she was my doctor also if I did anything to piss her off she might give my a demon flu or something else as nasty the next time I go in for a check up. People seem to think that we are immune to disease while partially true there are things out there that can take even us down. The common cold has been around enough to adapt to our bodies and even make us sick on occasion. The doctor was more vindictive than I over trivial things like an unwanted presence. Where I would give the fool a chance to leave her just lashes out first and worried whether the person survived later.
 
“One can escort you down but neither of us is going to be welcome in your check up Kagome.”
 
“Oh. I see.” her face turned into a pout and I closed my eyes so I could roll them. Exasperated at the woman I merely asked, “Which would you like to escort you?”
 
“I hear you're busy so if Inuyasha doesn't mind he can.”
 
“I'll be happy to Kagome.”
 
“Then that is settled.” I stood up and went back to my desk to work while they left.
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“I'm not going to be stuck by any needles am I?”
 
“I don't know for sure Kagome.”
 
“Oh.” I fell silent as the elevator went to the first floor. He escorted me out of the elevator and down to the doctor's door where he knocked politely. She opened the doors moments later.
 
“Ah. Mr. Takahashi and Kagome right on time. Please Kagome come in.” she opened the door and Inuyasha gave my hand a squeeze before letting go. She showed me to a chair and had me sit down.
 
“Okay Kagome I am almost certain that they haven't explained much to you if you didn't know what surgeries you were to have last time correct?”
 
“They said it was a check up about how my body was adjusting to the drugs for prolong.”
 
“Typical. Leaving me the dirty work. Why that youkai I should ring his neck for so blandly putting It.” she growled.
 
“Okay I guess they left some stuff out huh?” I mumbled and she nodded.
 
“Okay before we start can I ask you a question?”
 
“Sure. I guess.” I said a little uneasy as she leaned forward with a smirk on her face.
 
“Why do you smell so strongly of Sesshoumaru?” I gulped as my mind went blank.
 
“Um you see that is kind of a long story. How bout we skip it and just say that it was an apology and a way of thanks.” I was blushing so hard I could feel the burn.
 
“A thanks for what?” her grin turned sly and I knew she was thinking perverted it reminded me so much of Miroku. I tried to pull my thoughts together to answer her with out lying but not telling her exactly why.
 
“You see something came up that was to have been destroyed but instead it wasn't or at least not completely. So because it wasn't he offered me a place to sleep after I had shown him how thankful I was for the day we had had. He bought me copies of several books series that I love and I was able to design for myself the presentation and ball dresses.” I knew she was most likely going to ask what was supposed to have been destroyed but I had no other way to explain what had happened last night without giving away any details about what had transpired.
 
“What of yours could possibly need to be destroyed that he offered his bed as an apology?” her face scrunched in confusion. “Did he sleep next to you?” I blushed and shyly nodded my head.
 
“Kami! You mean to say that the youkai who has never before allowed a woman to spend a night in his bed allowed you to as an apology?” I was taken aback by her out burst and slightly hurt that there had been women before me in his bed but I shook it off, he hadn't been mine till recently and he had every right to. It still hurt wondering if I measured up to them but one thing that made it hurt less was that none but I had slept next to him.
 
“Why hasn't he allowed anyone to sleep with him?”
 
“Every one of them had been taken for the express purpose of helping him during his heat. At those times a male is vulnerable and if a woman was intelligent enough and skillful she could make the male mark her as his mate. He didn't trust them not to try and so either left or made them leave when he was done.”
 
“Would that have been so bad? I mean he is more then old enough for mate.”
 
“Of course it would be bad! If neither he nor his beast accepted her then because of his control over his potency he would never bear an heir and if killed then his mate could take another and bear a child to her new mate and take over the west. It would lead to chaos. Sesshoumaru can only have fertile seed if he is willing, so having a mate that he hates and couldn't kill for honor's sake would definitely not mean willing.”
 
“Then couldn't he take a breeder like he did with me?”
 
“No. Unfortunately he couldn't unless his mate was proven infertile he was allowed to take you since he had no mate. A leader sometimes takes a house breeder to save on expenses for his family. Having one on your payroll means that as long as the breeder is capable then you don't have to worry about finding one or worrying about when a breeder can schedule you in. Some have years and years of contracts already lined up so you can imagine if say a son or daughter of a house has a limited opportunity to have a child then having a house breeder that is free for you is priceless.”
 
“Why would youkai have limited amounts of time since you live for so long?”
 
“Some because of money issues, some for how busy they are or going to be. Some have had a child and want another one to be raised along beside it. Sometimes a child dies and a mother youkai only has so long to get another child before depression sets in for a period of years. A mother youkai will hold off on grief of loss to try for another child up to two years, since this was the gestation period until we tampered with it, but if that time passes the grief and depression set in for anywhere from one to ten years. A mate losses all mating rights until the mother can put aside her grief. You can imagine how many men wouldn't like that. There is any number of reasons though these are some of the main ones.”
 
“Mating rights? You mean intercourse?” I blushed but tried to keep eye contact since she had no problems saying such things to me before.
 
“That among other things but that is the main one. If it lasts to long a male can enter his heat and without his mate will suffer unless he is willing to relieve himself. A mate has to stay loyal unless the mate is infertile because his primitive side won't let him go to another. This makes for very long periods of pain and suffering that no one should have to go through.”
 
“Oh. I guess I am glad I am human then.”
 
“Humans suffer to just not as badly as we do, or at least the women suffer like we do. Human men, I believe, get off to easy. They have no one forcing them to stay with the mother of their children, they don't have to be loyal, and they don't suffer any type of pain from heat like women and male youkai do. It is a shame that your race has no way to teach them the importance of your pain during your time of the month or carrying children. Human women tend to stay loyal to their children's father for her child's sake while a male will sometimes go off.”
 
“True. We try to teach them or at least the good mother's try to teach them that. Some men are too hard headed or have fathers that they see and take after for too long and then nothing can really be done. Some men are just pigs that look at a woman for intercourse and not a relationship.”
 
“Well then are there any questions you would like to ask before we get started with the rest of the examination?”
 
“I have a few.”
 
“Then ask away.”
 
“You said that a male is vulnerable during his heat and that a cunning woman could get him to mark her. Why would he do that if he didn't like her?”
 
“Kagome did either of them mention what will most likely happen to you during their next heat?”
 
I just shook my head. I had some idea since she mentioned that they needed to relieve themselves during that time but Sesshoumaru at least could take another woman to his bed to help relieve him. I heard her take a deep breath and slowly let it out in a low growl. I looked at her closely watching as her eyes reopened and I could feel the anger coming off her.
 
“Those good for nothing DOGS! How dare they take a breeder and not warn her of the consequences! I swear I am going to.........”
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
 
Dr. Weaver stood up in her fury as the wind stirred and started to whip at the papers and folders on her desk sending over the edge and mixing them up. Her hands were clenching and straightening before curling into a fist again. Her breath was uneven and rough as she tried to keep her temper.
 
“Dr. Weaver are you going to be okay?” I asked in a concerned voice. Her eyes snapped to me and I could see now that they had started to bleed red but while slightly frightened I knew I wasn't her target at the moment.
 
“Would you care to talk about it?” I said slowly reaching out with my arm and powers hoping to calm her before she went nuts. I was able to touch her and at first she tensed but ever so slowly relaxed. About twenty minutes later she was calm enough to resume her seat to explain. So I sat back down allowing her space to maybe pace once she got herself back under total control.
 
“I really should kill them for you. If I wasn't here to explain you might not have been after their next heat.” she was starting to scare me with her tone.
 
“First off they are TWO unmated males of very strong youki. Such strength in fact that in the heated encounters with another they have to be careful not to smother anyone with it. You have by far the strongest miko powers I have seen but I don't know if that would be enough to hold them both off.”
 
“For the first time they will have an available a female that they like and now their instincts are telling them to woo you so that later you will be willing because whether you are or not once their heat hits will no longer matter. They will take you though they might have enough control not to do it at the same time.” `So their feelings weren't real? They were falling pray to their instincts?' I could feel the tears building but I listened before I let them fall.
 
“Once their heat hits they will lose ground to their primitive side or as some call it their inner beast. Their behavior will start to mimic that of dogs in that they will growl and not really speak, their affections also shall fall along a similar line, and if you upset them punishment is swift and usually painful to a full demon so you can imagine what might happen to you.”
 
“All of this is common knowledge now and why they would not warn you is beyond me. To not teach you proper submission techniques to help you if you should anger them is totally irresponsible of those two and so unlike them.”
 
“The other part is that once you get your house mark they will be able to feel you in a general sense like what ever you are strongly feeling at the moment. They will be able to monitor your health also in general like how worn out you are, how sick, or on the flip side how energetic, and healthy. But the biggest that I am sure they are going to include in your mark is the pregnant rune. The biggest reason males are vulnerable is that they are wanting to procreate and if a woman can mimic the feel and scent to a male the primitive side will act accordingly and mark her even if it is untrue. They will have no higher thinking skills for about two to three weeks and by the time they come to their senses it is too late and the mark will be permanent.”
 
“Demon society does not see this as unfair if you are unwary enough to fall for it. Sesshoumaru has the greatest control I have ever seen because he makes sure to leave or have them leave when he is tired instead of falling over like most. You really have no idea the mental powers that takes during your most mindless time to be able to do that.”
 
“I am not sure about Inuyasha but if he follows the other hanyous I have treated then he has it worse. For without his sword he would become truly mindless and force everything he came across until the urges went away. Human, hanyou, demon, or even a large enough animal will suffice until it dies. Without control his claws would dig in until he ripped to shreds the being he was holding and once it was dead he would move on.”
 
“I have never heard of this happening to him so I assume he had the sword when he was young enough that when he went into his first real heat that it curbed his needs and let him think about whether he wanted to hurt anyone or relieve himself. Though the beast side in most Hanyous are very smart in an animal sense they do not have the moralization thinking minds do but they do understand pain and whether they want to inflict it.”
 
“Other times when a hanyou or those even those who are less then half is in life threatening situations they will transform to protect themselves. Problem is that once this happens they have no real way of returning to themselves. Most have had to be taken down and killed once this happens.” I gasped this couldn't be true Inuyasha was able to return when given back his sword I had to ask.
 
“Dr. Weaver has any attempts ever been made to get them to return to themselves once their blood has taken over?”
 
“Yes. A lot of things have been tried everything from knocking them out to several drugs. The problem with drug testing is that they are so strong and their blood is so unstable. Some treatments have killed them instead of saving them.” I nearly cried for all those souls but it didn't make sense Inuyasha returned when he was given his sword back why would it not work with others?
 
“That doesn't make any sense.” I mumbled.
 
“How does it not Kagome? They're demon blood is too strong and they're minds are taken over by their primitive side.”
 
“But Inuyasha has come back three times for sure that I know of from having his demon blood take over. Surely with more modern medicine this wouldn't be a problem.”
 
I was startled when her hands slapped the desk and I looked up to see her standing again leaning towards me menacingly.
 
“You lie! If he had he would have been lost like the rest!” her eyes were flashing and I knew one wrong move and Tenseiga would be needed to heal me.
 
“I do not. Ask him yourself!” `great going Kagome make her more angry.'
 
“If you are so smart then tell me how that was possible!” her aura was starting to darken and I was getting shivers down my spine.
 
“The first time was found out by accident when he changed to kill some bandits and a leader moth youkai that had him and his friend trapped. He broke free and was about to kill all when his brother showed up and knocked him out. Giving back his sword resealed his blood and while unconscious healed from his numerous wounds.” I kept my voice steady as I sat perfectly still.
 
Her aura slowed and she leaned back no longer towering over me. She seemed to think about it and her face turned uncertain. “How is that possible?”
 
“His father formed his sword from his fang and placed the sealing spell on it. His father's power kept him sane and resealed his blood once released. However, he was warned that if left to long in the blood lust and he would have turned into a mindless killing machine.” she sank down into her chair obviously thinking about it.
 
“Does it take a full blooded youkai to do this? Could another family member cast the same spell?” she mumbled on for awhile raising questions I has never really bothered to think about.
 
“Dr. Weaver I am not sure what it takes to place the spell so that it works but you can ask Sesshoumaru or Inuyasha that he has gone into that survival state and returned. There are two other times that I know for sure he lost it and was brought back safely. There is hope that others can return too.” My voice was gentle and I was trying to make it not seem like a waste of life that no one had mentioned this earlier. I was brought out of my thoughts as she broke down crying. Startled at her reaction I leapt up and quickly walked around her desk and took her into my arms.
 
She sobbed for quiet awhile before she was able to bring herself under control. SHe was still shaking when she pulled away. I grabbed another chair and stayed close rubbing her shoulders and back helping her calm down. She opened a desk drawer and pulled out a few kleenexes to wipe her eyes and blow her nose. I was not sure how long it took her to pull herself together but when she did she turned to me.
 
“They did not warn you about what will happen in their heat but you know things about them that no one else does? How? Why? Why would they tell you their life stories but not that?” her eyes still held tears and her voice was rough with emotion.
 
“They haven't told me all just a little about their rivalry and how they made their agreement about how they run the breeder program and then everything else.” I tried to play it down and she seemed to accept that answer.
 
“With all the modern warnings to house leaders about the risks of taking a house breeder you would think that they would have warned you.” An idea struck me about what she said. `What if that was the problem? The warning were too new and they had been alive to long to think that there wouldn't be any danger?'
 
“Dr. Weaver may I ask you a few questions?” she nodded as she wiped her eyes again. “How old do you think the takahashi brothers are?” she sat quietly thinking.
 
“I know that they are older then the breeding program and were past puberty when they picked up running it. Other then that no younger ones like me don't really know. It isn't public record. So at least 450-500 or so.” she still didn't seem to understand where I was going with this.
 
“Okay two more questions how long do you think it took a demon like Sesshoumaru to get through puberty and how long do you think it took Inuyasha?” again a lapsed silence as she thought about it.
 
“Sesshoumaru I would think because of how strong he is that is took near a century maybe a little more and Inuyasha I think roughly..um.. 75 years? give or take a decade.” I was astonished that it took that long but I added it up and realized they were both maybe older then a millennium.
 
“Dr. Weaver if I am correct and I think I am for the most part for I know that they are older then 900. They are close to a 1000 or more years old.” I heard her gasp and she just shook her head.
 
“What does that have to do with anything about not warning you?”
 
“Think about it doctor. If they are older then the breeder program they grew up under older ways. They would have no reason to believe that they would be a threat to me. They have lived under their own rules for the better part of nine hundred years and though they run the program they would not see that point in checking for warnings about house breeders for the simple reason that they do run it. If anything serious had happened like this before then it would have been brought to their attention but since it seems that no such accident has occurred they are going by what they believe to know.” Her eyes were dawning about what was most likely the case and I felt that last of her anger go.
 
“You mean that because they have had other women that were at least agreeable before during their heats that with you being agreeable they wouldn't have any problems?” I nodded.
 
“But that goes against all new research and findings. We have closely watched the house breeders and there have been several incidents where rape would have happened if we had not intervened.” I thought about that one. I thought about what they might have been taught or had taught themselves and it quickly dawned on me why this was possible.
 
“Perhaps with them it wouldn't.”
 
“What do you mean? We have watched their relatives fall into a similar fate and they have now taken precautions.”
 
“Are these relatives you speak of they're cousins or descendants of them?”
 
“Descendants.”
 
“Ah. That would explain it, I think.”
 
“You are making no sense.” her voice rose a little in anger.
 
“It makes perfect sense if you think about what I already said. I told you that they grew up in a wilder time over a thousand years ago! There were wars and they fought each other over Inuyasha's sword. Hell Inuyasha is the one that took off Sesshoumaru's arm.” I was interrupted by a scream of “WHAT!” she grabbed hold of my shoulders.
 
“What do you mean that Inuyasha took his arm? How come he doesn't have it back? Surely the bone would have been left on the field and he could have regenerated his arm.” I was confused. `How could Sesshoumaru regenerate his arm if he had the bone?'
 
“What do you mean he could regenerate his arm if he had the bone?” she released me as if I burned her, she looked ashamed for some reason. I tilted my head up to look closely and I could see the haunted look in her eyes.
 
“What did you mean doctor?” she took a deep breath and let it out slow.
 
“I guess you aren't going to let that question go are you?” she asked as if resigning herself to some fate I didn't know about.
 
“You're right I'm not. You tell me what you meant and I will tell you why there is no bone as far as I know.” she looked at me weighing my words for a few minutes before she nodded.
 
“It isn't common knowledge and something we keep quiet about. Humans already dislike us having so much magical ability and strength. over time demons figured out how to manipulate their energy into attacks and such I'm sure you have seen. However, we also learned how to control how our bodies heal. We can cure almost any wound as long as we are strong enough, meaning enough youki, but if a limb is lost is can be restored if you have the bone. We can regrow the muscles, blood vessels, and skin but we are not able to produce enough marrow to replace a bone. So that is the only true way to lose a limb. So tell me how did Inuyasha take Sesshoumaru's arm.” her tone was demanding and for spilling that information I think she deserved to know.
 
“It seems that the entrance to Inuyasha's father's grave site was hidden inside a black pearl that was placed in his eye. In the grave was his sword. Sesshoumaru had been looking for it and captured Inuyasha and pulled the pearl from his eye. After opening it Inuyasha followed to the skeleton of his father. Upon a stand that would have been in his stomach was the Tetsusaiga. Freeing it they faced off. The sword did not accept Sesshoumaru because a spell was placed on it that would not allowed a full demon to touch it unless they intended to protect humans.”
 
“At first Inuyasha was at a loss of how to transform it from it's rusted katana state into the fang but his traveling companion was put in danger and he asked her to stand back so he could protect her allowing it to transform. Sesshoumaru underestimated Inuyasha and lost his arm at the grave site on the shoulder of his father's armored skeleton. They all left because he had transformed into his energy ball and tried to close it on them. So if the bone isn't dust them it is in-between this realm and the next.”
 
“So sibling rivalry was serious to them back then?”
 
“Sesshoumaru more then once punched a hole through Inuyasha's stomach leaving a good amount of poison behind to try and kill him. When he got Toukijin he almost blasted him into the earth. When Inuyasha was transformed he injured him more and if it weren't for his friends bandaging him up he would have bleed to death.”
 
“Wow. It doesn't seem possible that these are the same two demons that had done that to each other.”
 
“Inuyasha was the one that helped put the sacred jewel back together and the wish the miko made allowed them to put aside the past to work together. I don't think it could have happened any other way.”
 
“Incredible. So they really like you huh? This is a lot of information to give someone they just met a few days ago. When did you find the time to talk about it all?” she was genuinely just curious as far as I was able to tell but the question was a hard one to answer without giving anything away.
 
“Not sure. Just happened I guess.” I forced myself to stay still and not fidget like I was caught doing something wrong. She looked at me for a long moment before nodding and picking up the papers that had scattered across her desk and the floor.
 
“Anyway as I was saying they grew up before the wars stopped. They had to have better discipline and better control back then. Now we all live semi peacefully and their is no real reason to learn how to fight unless you are a breeder. I think that is why you have such problems with the younger generations, they lack the discipline or don't care because they aren't the ones that are almost raped.” Dr. Weaver stilled after she finished picking up the papers off the floor and placed them on her desk before turning back to me.
 
“I see. So Sesshoumaru's mental powers during his heat is because of his training in his youth? How did Inuyasha learn then since he didn't seem to have a sword or weapon before getting the Tetsusaiga.”
 
“His father died before he was above my thigh. He lived with his mom until she died and then as a child had to grow up an outcast and hunted everyday by demons and humans alike. He had to know discipline or he never could have entered a village without attacking it to extract revenge for all the years that they had hurt him. He is rude by nature because it is his defense against those who he doesn't want close or become close to. He wasn't raised to be a lord like Sesshoumaru he ran wild for I guess for decades before making peace with his brother. He had energy attacks much like Sesshoumaru's since he didn't have a weapon and had to know how to use it effectively because his life depended on it.” her eyes narrowed in suspicion of how I knew all this again but she let it go.
 
“well then I guess we have talked enough. I have warned you that you need them to teach you the submission positions so that if they do lose control and you anger them you know how to appease them. I have explained the workings of the house mark that you are going to receive and what exactly they will know. You have informed me about possible new techniques that could save other hanyous lives and how Sesshoumaru lost his arm. Glad to know that they trust you so completely. Now on with the examination and then we shall see if you can get the second dose of shots before the final prolong shot. If you would follow me to the next room I need you to change out of those clothes back into a gown for this to take place.” she went from the emotional woman to the cold professional in three seconds flat. I thought maybe we could be friends but if this keeps up maybe not. I sighed and followed her back into the white room. I was slightly surprised but I undressed from my shirt and skirt and placed the gown on before coming to sit on the table again.
 
“Now then I need to take another blood sample to see how it is and then I will be using the machine behind you to examine the levels of chemicals still in your major organs to see how fast you are taking to it. Please lie down.”
 
I laid back and rested my head on the small pillow as she scrubbed my arm with Iodine. The next thing I knew was looking at her and seeing a full red bottle. Looking down at my arm I saw a small speck of blood and wondered how she got all of that without me noticing.
 
She reached up and maneuvered the flat panel screen over me and turned it on. She picked up her clip board and wrote a few things down before laying it back down and shutting the machine off.
 
“It seems you are already ready for the full next dose. I need you to turn over and open the back of your gown so I can prepare you for the shots.” Fear ran down my spine at the thought of more them one needle going into me. I laid frozen as she continued to work in getting ready to administer the shots. When she was finished I saw her out of the corner of my eye cross her arms and started to tap her foot.
 
“Come on come on. I don't have all day.” I shook my head no. “Don't make me do it for you.” again I shook my head to scared to move.
 
“I forgot you are afraid of needles aren't you?” a tear escaped my eye as I gave a very small nod.
 
“I can promise it will hurt as much as me taking the blood did.” `What is she talking about? I didn't feel anything...oh. I get it. She means it will be painless.' I was still scared when I turned over and loosened the ties.
 
She came over and opened it the rest of the way. I could feel the cold swab on my back as she cleaned it and then I heard her grab something near her. I laid there quietly as I waited for her to finish. I thought I felt something being pulled out and then next thing I knew she stepped back with a very weird curved tray with needles poking out.
 
“What is that?” she looked at me.
 
“I guess you didn't get to see this last time. This is a back board designed and made to fit the curve of you back perfectly. When giving multiple shots to organs this is easiest because the needle sizes are already written down in each spot and you just fill it with what needles you need with the drugs you want place it upon a numbed back and let it sink in. After pushing them all you gently remove it and it's all over in a matter of a few minutes.”
 
“Wow. I think I only felt you pull it out. That's pretty neat.”
 
“Thanks. Go into the next room and shower quickly and then get dressed now while we wait for the blood results and I will see if you need anymore vitamins.” I nodded and steppe behind the screen as I striped out of the remaining clothes keeping the jewel in hand as I scrubbed the Iodine off me. A 10 minute shower later I was out drying off and getting dressed. `I think I can get over my fear of needles at this rate. I no longer have to feel them. Today has been informative if nothing else. I will have to ask the brothers is I was right about what I told Dr. Weaver.'
 
Okay everyone I know I didn't publish any chapters yesterday but that was because I am doing one really long chapter that is equivalent to four chapters. You see each chapter is usually 2000 words or so but this is much longer since the preparations for the presentation are now going to be discussed. So please excuse me for taking so long but I wanted to make sure this was done right.
 
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~
 
We waited for about another ten minutes for the blood work to arrive. WHen it did she hummed a while looking it over.
 
“well it seems for some reason your body is already using the vitamins I gave you, any idea as to why?”
 
“No, not really. I mean I am not doing anything but training and preparing for the presentation.” She gave me a look as if to see if I was lying.
 
“How are you eating?”
 
“I eat almost everything given to me at all three meals of the day.”
 
“Well I guess it must be the training. What exactly are you doing right now?”
 
“Well. I am running about five miles a day, learning how to use my sais and daggers, meditation, and a small amount of miko power testing. Not all that much.” I shrugged not really caring since I was already improving.
 
“Well goodness gracious. You mean he started you out that hard?”
 
“Hard? I am only training from after breakfast to noon. It isn't that hard.” she gave me a stunned look.
 
“You say it isn't hard?”
 
“Well it is but I am still able to go out in the afternoons to help finish the preparations.”
 
“Well. Do you even realize how remarkable that is for a beginner? Most humans would sleep away the day after half of that being to tired at the beginning of their training. What were you doing before you came here that has you so prepared?”she sat back down at her desk. I tried to think of something that my body had done here to be able to help me but all I saw was helping at the shrine and track team. `that's it track!'
 
“I was on the track team for my section of the city. I also had allot to do with helping at the shrine.”
 
“That would hardly explain how you are not wearing yourself out. What you are doing is major training.”
 
“I guess my body adjusts quickly? I mean I am a miko maybe my powers are helping? I don't know Dr. Weaver but I am not especially tired after practice. I feel normal up till around 8 or 9 p.m. and then I seem to fall quickly asleep.” she sat back thinking it over.
 
“I guess that must be it. Well I can';t have you using up the vitamin shots so I guess we'll have to supplement with you taking vitamins everyday. I think I'll give you a prescription to take daily and we'll check again when you come in for the prolong shot to make sure what you are taking is enough.” she grabbed a tablet and wrote down what she wanted me to take.
 
“Here you go. I think this will help keep you healthy and restore your reserves. Take it three times a day for a week and then back off to once a day. hopefully that will set things to rights. Now off with you and you might make it to dinner with the brothers. Make sure and ask them what they are going to do when their next heat hits. I would hate to have to intervene. Tell the West Mr. Takahashi that if he doesn't tell you and give a good enough reason as to why he avoided this then I will make sure his next check up will be hell. Good day Ms. Higurashi.” she stood and walked over to her door opening it. Sighing I stood up wondering how I was going to bring up the subject with them. Walking out I remembered I didn't know where to pick up the prescription. Hastily turning back around I asked, “Where do I get this filled at? and how do I pay for it?” she blinked at me before giggling. Cocking my head to the side I wondered if she finally lost it. She patted her chest trying to calm down.
 
“You mean they haven't given you a tour of the building yet?”
 
“I got a tour of his office, the training room, his home and his bedroom but no I didn't get that one.” I said it with a straight face wondering if she caught what I said about his bedroom. I didn't have to wait long before all giggling stopped and she gasped as her eyes went wide. She blinked repeatedly as if trying to process what I said. Finally she shook her head and pointed to the elevator.
 
“Go up one floor and walk back down like you were heading here to my office. Almost directly above me is the drug counter. I made a note to charge Mr. Takahashi so you won't have to pay for it. You have guts girl everyone knows that no one but Mr. Takahashi has seen his room till now. I wouldn't make that public knowledge until after the ball. Too many other breeder's will get jealous.” I nodded and walked away. I still wasn't sure whether I liked Dr. Weaver but she was honest and though she seemed more cruel then friendly at least she wasn't to me.
 
I went to the elevator and followed her instructions. Right where she said it would be was the counter. I handed the slip to the machine to process. I sat down on a near by bench to wait. Almost 10 minutes later a voice called my name.
 
“Here you go Ms. Higurashi. If not to personal of a question how is it that Mr. Takahashi is paying for your vitamins?” the man was human as far as I could tell. He had brown hair and light blue eyes. His cheekbones were prominent and his lips slender. His nose was slightly longer and almost pointed. He was broad shouldered and in a white lab coat.
 
“Who might you be? It seems unfair to ask a question without introducing yourself.” I replied calmly hoping that their wasn't as much heat in my face as I believed.
 
“Oh a thousand pardons Miss. I am Tim Jeffery. I am originally from America but I am here for the pharmisudical training.” He gave a small bow and offered his hand over the counter. I gave it a small shake before letting go. I raise my powers a little to read him. Something was a little off he wasn't evil feeling but wasn't pure hearted either. Narrowing my eyes I merely said, “He is helping me Mr. Jeffery for you could say it is important to him. Now I must be off. Good day.”
 
I quickly turned and walked away. Once I reached the home floor I sat down and used my powers again to check the bottle of pills he gave me. I wasn't sure exactly if my powers would work this way but I had to try. I tried to concentrate on what I knew to be healthy about the vitamins and see if anything had been added to them. I got a faint trace of something that I didn't think should be there but other wise nothing.
 
Taking the bottle I went down to ask Sesshoumaru if he could tell what it was. When the door opened I saw Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru both working. Giving a small smile to Inuyasha that was hunched over a lap top I called out in greeting. The response was immediate with both heads snapping up and a smile from Inuyasha and a hello from Sesshoumaru. Deciding that the best way to get answers was to just ask I prepared myself for an interrogation I knew was coming.
 
“Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru?” I said in a slightly worried tone. It caused Inuyasha to stand up and come over to me. He lead me to the couch and Sesshoumaru moved to the chair.
 
“What is wrong Kagome?” asked Inuyasha.
 
“Well first off the visit with Dr. Weaver was interesting. It seems to her that you forgot to mention a very important fact about you both.” Though I knew I would be embarrassed by this conversation the looks I was waiting for would be priceless.
 
“What might that be?” asked Sesshoumaru.
 
“It seems that recent research about house breeders seems to say that because the female that becomes a house breeder is at least scent agreeable there have been attacks when they go into heat.” I saw a wince on Inuyasha's face and a scrunching of the brows on Sesshoumaru. “So far no rapes have occurred but that is because of the intervention of Dr. Weaver and her group. She seems to think it important for me to be able to understand you and know how to be submissive when you two go into your heat.” Inuyasha's eyes widened and a quick glance at sesshoumaru showed that he had closed his eyes. “Anyway she was livid about you two not discussing the possible dangers and was, I think, about to come up here and castrate you.” Inuyasha let go of me and held his groin and growled at the thought. Sesshoumaru smirked at inuyasha and nodded to me.
 
“I will ask you later about that but the part that has me worried is that after my blood work was done it seems that my body is already using the vitamins and she gave me a prescription to take to help restore what I used and to keep from using them. But when I went to the drug counter it took ten minutes to fill the bottle. A guy saying his name was Tim Jeffery asked me why I Sesshoumaru was paying for it. I told him that it was important to Sesshoumaru and left. While I had been talking to him I tried to feel his aura. THere is something off about it.” they both growled at that and Inuyasha stood up.
 
“What was wrong Kagome?” Sesshoumaru asked as he pushed his brother back down.
 
“I don't know. It was just creepy. I mean he isn't evil but isn't pure hearted either. To check my theory I went home to try and see if my powers could tell me anything about the vitamins. I am not entirely sure because I never have tried to use my powers this way but there seems to be something on them that shouldn't be. I was wondering with your noses if you could tell what it was.” I held up the jar to them and Sesshoumaru took it.
 
He opened it carefully and raised it to his nose taking a small whiff. With a motion so fast he slammed the lid back down and closed it. He tossed the container on to the couch and took a step back. I looked up at him and noticed that his eyes had turned red and his features were getting shaggy like he was going to transform. Quickly reaching out with my powers I tried my best to calm him. When it wasn't working well I tried to think fast. `his nose!' quickly I sent my purification powers towards his face trying to concentrate on the stuff that I had sensed before.
 
It worked a little better he was slowly regaining his humanoid form at least. Finally after taking several breaths his eyes started to return to their original golden color. Though some red was still twirling in his eyes he was calm enough to sit down. Inuyasha looked very agitated like he knew something I didn't.
 
“I know what that was Kagome. It is a good thing you didn't take it or you would no longer be considered pure.” I started to shake what he said had one of two meanings. One it could mean that he would rape me or two that he would mix our blood until I was more demon then human.
 
“How many of those would it have taken to have you react like that?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“It was delicately coated so that it would build up in her system. Once she hit her blood time it would have been released and both of us would have been affected. The amounts though small now would have built up enough that we would lose all control until she stopped bleeding. And that would have been highly unlikely until she had been little better then a piece of bloody meat.” his voice was so devoid of emotion that I shivered. `why would he have done that?'
 
Inuyasha growled low and dangerous almost feral. Sesshoumaru seemed to understand what he was saying and immediately got over to his phone. “I want a full lock down of the building and bring me the person going by the name of Tim Jeffery. You have ten minutes.” he hung up and growled at Inuyasha and again he seemed to understand and sat back down beside me wrapping me up in his arms. I had no complaint as I shivered and shook. Sesshoumaru came back to the chair and watched my intensely like I was his pray and he was waiting for me to break cover to try and get away.
 
I closed my eyes and leaned my head back a little on to Inuyasha's chest. Inuyasha dipped his head down to nibble on my ear. Fighting back a moan the next thing I knew was someone's lips pressed passionately against mine. Quickly I opened my eyes to see Sesshoumaru's gold ones staring back with a fire raging in them. I couldn't help but respond back to the kiss. The feeling of four hands upon my person and caressing me in all the right places that I could no longer hold back in letting out a high pitched moan.
 
I was getting a little breathless when he finally released the kiss and trailed down the other side that Inuyasha wasn't occupying. Whimpering at the feelings they invoked I reached up to snag Inuyasha's ear and the other forward to scratch Sesshoumaru's ear. Upon contact they growled heatedly and I could feel myself getting very very damp. I wasn't sure whose hand was sneaking up my shirt but they were using their claws delicately and arousing my heated skin more. I did not want to stop but trying to regain some control before things went to far was hard.
 
Finally giving in a little to the stronger petting I was able to use my hands to gather some energy and quickly pressed it to their faces hoping to calm them down. Almost immediately their hands went to their respective faces and they whined. Immediately worried that I might have hurt them I reached up and grabbed Sesshoumaru's hands away.
 
His face was back to normal and his eyes were once again golden. I reached up and felt his face to make sure I didn't burn him. He seemed to be in a daze as I turned to check Inuyasha. He was okay too. Sighing in relief I tried to sit back down and noticed that the bottle of vitamins had opened on their own and I realized that this was probably why they hadn't been able to control themselves. Picking up the bottle I scooped the fallen pills back into it and went to place it on a table. Running to the bathroom I grabbed a towel and wet it and rushed back to the couch. Wiping it as clean as I could I returned and rinsed out the towel.
 
When I returned they had moved away from the couch and were sitting at the table. Taking careful steps I reached the other side of the table and sat down. I waited for one of them to speak.
 
“This Sesshoumaru is grateful Kagome. If you had not stopped us then you would have been taken no matter how willing at first the drug would have had a continuous affect until..well I think it best if we did not go into that.” I nodded my head slightly shocked about the last 20 minutes of my life.
 
“Kagome are you okay?” I glanced up to she a shamed face Inuyasha. He looked so hurt that I stood up and reached over to caress his cheek. He nuzzled my hand and held it with his own. Giving an apologetic smile he let go. Sitting down I was fast coming to terms that someone had happened. someone had drugged the vitamins so that I would be hurt or killed. I was afraid almost at how much worse this could go. Suddenly I realized that the ten minutes had already passed and no one had come to stop us.
 
“Hey you two! I know it has been over the ten minutes Sesshoumaru said he wanted everything locked down and Tim brought up!” That got a flurry of action as one raced to the elevator and the other raced to the phone to see what was going on. THe elevator doors closed and Sesshoumaru's voice could be heard talking to some one. I looked down at my hands in my lap to finally notice that my clothes were still askew. Blushing like mad I fixed my bra and shirt. Reaching down to straighten my shirt I found the top button undone and the zipper lose. Mumbling about groping youkai I fixed it. I went to the bathroom to make sure I was presentable and after finger combing my hair a little I looked much better.
 
Walking back into the room I watched an angry youkai slam the phone down. He growled and flexed his hands standing at rigid attention. Sighing I decided that he needed me and walked over wrapping my arms around him rubbing my face into his back trying to reassure him.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
I had just hung up the phone with my chief of staff only to find out that the drug that had intoxicated Inuyasha and I had been left as a bomb in the hallway. Several of his best had succumbed to the drug and had raped each other to death before help arrived. Luckily Dr. Weaver had an antidote to those that had been subdued and was administering it now. Someone had planned this well for there was no Tim Jeffery in the payroll accounts and only Kagome had seen him. Eyrien was on his way to extract the picture of him from her mind and give it to the police.
 
Growling at the attempted murder of his breeder and perhaps himself was a slight that couldn't go unpunished. He would have to call a full court after the presentation to get to the bottom of this. As far as he knew no one had a stronger miko or youki then he and his brother. He would break all the damn blood oaths and find out who was behind this. As his thoughts drifted to the torture he would inflict on the criminals he felt two soft arms wrap around him as a gentle aura soothed his blood beast back to manageable levels.
 
Taking a deep breath and releasing it slowly he turned to pull the wonderful woman into his arms. Though life had taken a turn for the worse with the reporters and the mess ups and now this the woman in his arms stayed by their side offering silent comfort and reassurance. The past days had been hectic in preparations that he had not thought to check with his spies to see how the other houses had been taking the news that they had taken a breeder. That would be rectified tonight.
 
The blame could easily be thrown to the miko whose sudden reappearance and reawakening of the jewel seemed to stir allot of trouble but he knew that she had not asked for this. She had made a pure wish and had expected to go home to her time and live out her life with no one to remember her sacrifice. She had done nothing but make sure the youkai survived and that humans protected the earth. Her heart was perhaps to big for her own good.
 
Squeezing her gently he pulled back to kiss her forehead and then her lips in a chaste kiss. Looking into her eyes he started to see a speck of love for him. Smiling inside he released her and motioned for her to sit in front of him so that he could relate the news. She let go but not before catching his real hand and giving it a hard squeeze before walking around to sit.
 
I took a moment to gather my thoughts and analyze the feelings the woman invoked in me. She had only arrived days ago but already had seamlessly joined in our lives like she had always been there. Her mere presence offered a sense of calm in all the chaos that had erupted. Shoving aside the thoughts for a later time I thought back to the conversation I had with the chief.
 
I was very angry that someone had been able to get in the building and into the drug lab without anybody noticing. That he could have actually succeed in making My brother and I kill her made my beast want to go hunting through the city to find the bastard. If it hadn't been for her testing him and the vitamins we might have. It seemed only luck had saved us and that did not sit well with me.
 
“Sesshoumaru?” Kagome's soft voice called me from my thoughts and I realized that I had took longer then I had meant to.
 
“Yes Kagome?”
 
“Can you explain why you were so angry?” her eyes spoke of her deep concern and the worry was evident in her voice.
 
“I received word that the man you had seen left the rest of the drug in a bomb that exploded causing several of my best to become mindless beasts that killed each other. Dr. Weaver had an antidote on hand for those that were able to be subdued but the rest were killed. The building failed to lock down due to tampering with the system and will take days if not weeks to repair.”
 
Her eyes had filled with tears at the mention of the dead and crossed her arms over her raised legs to cry. The truth might have been harsh but I had softened the worse parts. I got up and went to her wrapping my arms around her and pulling her into my lap.
 
Her muffled voice asked, “Who would do such a thing? I had been barely able to stop you two what would have happened once I was gone?”
 
I thought it over and knew that once she had been torn apart if either of us could still smell the drug we would have ripped into each other. The thought was not pleasant but I was unsure how to relate it to her the gravity of what might have happened. If we had killed each other the east and west would have plunged into an all out war of the likes few had ever heard of let alone seen.
 
If Kagome had been killed the dishonor might have been enough that even if we hadn't killed each other the courts could have demanded that we step down since we could not protect our own anymore. That she knew the two most important questions to ask surprised me and made me proud that she was smart enough to deduce the problem at hand.
 
Holding her a little more tightly he began, “If you had died because of the drug and if inuyasha and I could still smell it we would have ripped into each other looking for satisfaction with little heed to anything else, leaving the east and west without rulers plunging the land in chaos and war. If we could not smell it then the fact that we killed you would have been a great dishonor, enough that the houses could demand that we step down and then hold a tournament to choose the next leaders. That would also have near war actions and battles. No matter which fate the youkai population in this city and all the rest between the two lands would have been diminished to near nothing. Who would do this I do not know but it very nearly worked.”
 
“That would have been awful! But if I had died and you couldn't smell the drug couldn't you have brought me back with your sword?” I thought about it for a moment and realized that maybe she was right but I was not sure if the sword would raise one I helped kill. I hadn't really tested it. but maybe I could with those that had died in the bomb accident.
 
“Kagome though I am not sure that I could raise one I killed you gave me the idea that maybe those that died down at the drug counter might be able to be resurrected. Follow me.” I set her down and walked over to the wall grabbing my sword and could feel the pulse of life. Entering the elevator I pushed the button for the second floor.
 
When the doors opened I saw what looked like my old torture chamber. The blood coated the walls in a sticky mess and the bodies of the fallen lay in bags near where I was standing. Seeing that the air had been cleared of the drug I stepped forward and could feel Kagome clinging to my robotic arm.
 
“Inuyasha. How many are dead?” I finally noticed him covered in blood helping with one of the last bodies.
 
“I believe 13 have been killed.” I nodded and ordered the other to open just the faces of the other bags and to line them up. “What are you going to do brother?” I looked back at Inuyasha and raised my sword into view. His eyes widened and his jaw fell slightly in shock. He helped move the last body into a bag and placed it near the others. Using my robotic arm I held the sheath and used my good arm to raise the sword.
 
Upon the bodies I could still see the underworld carriers busily at work removing the souls of the guards. Concentrating I felt the sword give a large pulse before I slashed in over all the bodies. Each took a breath of new life and almost immediately started in on everyone again.' They didn't have the antidote yet!' my mind registered and quickly I ran and knocked them unconscious again.
 
“Take them down to Dr. Weaver quickly and give them the antidote. Hurry fools!” I barked at the shocked soldiers. I felt Kagome grab my arm and pull my back towards the elevator. Turning I saw how green she looked and understood why she wanted to leave. I nodded to my brother and gave him orders to have the hall cleaned and get himself a bath before Kagome saw him again.
 
The ride was quiet and I looked down to see Kagome holding her stomach. worried that she might be hurt I pulled her arm away and looked carefully. Not seeing of smelling anything wrong I looked into her eyes and could almost see her thoughts. She was in shock again with the scene downstairs. It never occurred to me that with everything see had seen in the past that she might have a bad reaction to the gore but I nearly slapped myself. Inuyasha said he had protected his pack from battlefields for the most part and this was perhaps the most violent she had seen. If she was anything like Rin now she would be sleeping in Inuyasha's or my bed tonight to hold off on nightmares.
 
Calling myself several choice names at my stupidity I lead her back to the office and ordered some calming tea. Waiting for it to arrive she just sat in the chair totally unresponsive. It was rare that I made an error in judgment but this was one that I had to admit too. When the tea arrived I sniffed it to make sure no more drugs were around, it was safe. Pouring her a cup I handed it to her. She took it in an automative move and raised it to her lips. Watching as she remembered to blow to cool it I went back to my desk to sit down.
 
The afternoon work day had been shot all to hell. I wondered how Inuyasha was doing helping clean up the mess. Sipping my tea I logged into the computer and brought up the files of those who had died before I brought them back. I was considering whether to dock their pay for their stupidity of not being careful or reward them for giving their lives. While I was thinking I felt someone crawl around my arm and into my lap. I knew by smell who it was but I didn't look down as I was still considering.
 
It wasn't till I felt one hand go to the back of my neck and the other to touch my ear that I set the cup down. Turning my head to look at her her smile was still bright but quivered at the edges. I leaned down to kiss her and her hand pulled me closer.
 
The kiss was soft and more of a acknowledgment that we were both safe and okay then a passionate one. I tried to reassure her with my actions since I had no words. I trailed my hands down her arms to her sides and rested them on her hips, holding her close. The kiss stayed chaste but wanting. I could feel my blood beast stir at the worry over her state of mind but I held it back. Pulling away I looked her in the eyes again to see if she was recovering. The image must have haunted her still but her eyes were clearer and her smile more steady.
 
“Things are alright Kagome. Though they died because of you I remembered my sword's ability and they are all going to be okay. Think nothing of the blood or anything else. They are alive and that is all that matters.” she gave a nod before giving me a hug and letting go. She stood and walked back to her seat. Looking at the clock it was past supper time. I picked back up the phone and ordered supper to be brought up.
 
Inuyasha arrived just before the food. He was freshly showered and in clean clothes. Kagome ran up to him and jumped into his arms. I could hear her soft cries and whispered words of gratitude that he was okay. Grunting at her silly behavior I stood to set the table. The food arrived before she had let him go. Inuyasha tried to pry her off but it seemed her hold was to tight to do it without hurting her. Inuyasha just sighed and sat at his place with her still around his waist.
 
“Is everything arranged for clean up Inuyasha?” he nodded while the server set out the food before leaving. Once he was gone I began again.
 
“The people I brought back all received the antidote correct?”
 
“Yeah. I had forgotten that you could bring back the dead. The younger youkai that joined over the past few centuries say they never saw anything like it. The ones you brought back are grateful to be alive and have sworn allegiance to you. When you have time you can initiate them. The security system is off-line for the nest few days for sure. I guess it is a good thing that the jewel is back with Kagome now. The safe might have kept anyone from knowing what is was until they opened it but after that all hell would have broke lose. The treasury is being over seen by your sworn loyal and bonded guards until the system is back in place. Some is being moved to a few local banks under tight police security and the families have been notified of the circumstances of their loved ones.” I nodded my head at the thoroughness he had gone through while I dealt with Kagome.
 
“Anything else?”
 
“Just one.”
 
“And that might be?”
 
“It seems Etsu Yoleen is coming and her sister wants to come stay with us to help train Kagome. She said she'll be arriving to talk to you around 7:45 p.m. Mentally I groaned at the thought of having to deal with the twit but she was one of the few that knew of the jewel and keeping her close right now would be a good idea. There was still the futon that kagome's mother gave us and she could sleep on that till she got her own things. Rubbing my temples at the oncoming headache I tried to stave it off.
 
“We have plans to finalize brother about the preparations. Everything for Kagome has been done and the guest list is prepared. Have you decided who is to be the your guest of honor?”
 
“I was thinking that Kagome's family could be yours and Shippo's mine. That way it wouldn't seem so much favoritism because they know we raised the twerp and the Higurashi's deserve the honor from you for their daughter.” I thought about it and conceded that he was correct. It would be the ball that was the problem since we couldn't have the same guests of honor twice in a row.
 
“Have you gotten your clothing Inuyasha?”
 
“Yeah, yeah. I have had it for a long time. We came close to deciding before I had them made then not knowing that it would take another hundred years to decide. I had them brought out of storage and cleaned. They are waiting in my room now.” I was slightly surprised that he was that far a head. My clothes were being adjusted since I hadn't worn them in centuries. I would be wearing the outfit I wore in the feudal era minus my armor and swords.
 
“Indeed? Well for a baka mutt you seem to be doing things right for a change.” I taunted him. Inuyasha growled a challenge and I was about to take him up on it when Kagome interrupted.
 
“Knock it off you two! I want you both to safe safe and whole, not getting into one of your all out battles. Shame on you Sess! you know that today hasn't been easy on any of us and yet you are teasing him. So stop, shut up, and let us finish this meal and the preparations before that nosey miko arrives!” Kagome had stood up while she ranted and circled the table to her usual chair. She sat down and filled her plate and began to eat without another word.
 
Inuyasha and I exchanged looks that said `since when is she the boss?' but we went along as I remembered that she still was scared from earlier and Inuyasha followed me. The meal was done quickly and the last few thing were done. Since Etsu was arriving she could coach Kagome on table manners and dancing while Inuyasha and I trained. The House mark was ironed out to the last detail and the final sketch sent to the artist to prepare for tomorrow.
 
The miko might be useful after all by being present to help with the mixing of Inuyasha and my blood to make the base color of the mark. I had told Inuyasha about the dress that Kagome and Mrs. Dunne had designed and he whistled. It was a perfect match to our two houses and would offset the mark perfectly. The miko arrived just as we were finishing and came in solemn.
 
“Come and sit Miko Yumi. I hear you have a request to ask of me.” she nodded and sat in the chair across from me.
 
“Yes Mr. Takahashi. You see I told my sister about Kagome's power and how she needs help with a few things. The opportunity to help your house makes for a great honor. People say you pay fairly for those who work for you. I know my behavior towards your first phone call was truly putting my foot in my mouth but I wish to make it up to you.” I watched her face and her scent carefully for any masking or lie. There was none and unless I got a mind reader here I could not tell if she was lying. Eyrein was bust and still wasn't due for another hour and by then we might as well wait for the morning.
 
“I hear you sister is coming? For what purpose? I only need one trainer.” I smirked inside as I saw her fidget.
 
“I know that and my sister is more then qualified but I was hoping to stay here and help raise more money for the shrine so that I can pay for my part of the insurance.” I quirked a brow but said nothing and I leaned back and steepled my fingers. If Etsu did show up I had no idea if she was smarter or worse then Yumi. Having her around for a few days to try her out more didn't seem to much. She would be paid and have a healthy start even if I sent her home.
 
Humans needed to learn how to work and save money but Yumi was willing to work. I had other jobs that needed to be filled like a new filler for drug orders and a healer for the wounded that were hurt today. I had enough miscellaneous tasks for her to do that she could earn a decent amount.
 
“Once your sister arrives I most likely won't need you Yumi.” her shoulders became crestfallen. “However, there are several miscellaneous tasks that you can perform to earn the money you speak of.” She straightened back out and lifted her head a touch as if daring me to do my worse. oh ho, little miko if that is what you wish then I shall obliged.
 
“We will discuss your duties once Etsu arrives for now you will continue to help train Kagome tomorrow. Is there anything else?”
 
“There is one last thing.”
 
“Indeed?”
 
“I was wondering if I could stay here? The hotel I am at is okay but I do not feel safe there.”
 
“And you prefer a place where thirteen just died today?” her gasp was audible and her eyes rounded.
 
“Thirteen? My Kami! Do you need prayers for them? I could do that.”
 
“There is no need. They are home with their families now.”
 
“Are you sure that the surviving family doesn't need a compassionate ear?” her eyes filled with tears.
 
“Miko stop this nonsense crying. They are alive and well.”
 
“How is that possible? You said they died.”
 
“Yes and I resurrected them.”
 
“No one has that kind of power but a god!” I quirked a brow and I heard Kagome giggle. Yumi turned to Kagome and gave her a scolding look.
 
“He's right Yumi ask the guards tomorrow yourself! You see Mr. Takahashi has a youkai sword that allows him to see the underlings of the spirit world and kill them thus allowing the dead to come back to life as long as the majority of the soul is still here.”
 
“But that isn't right! No one should hold that kind of power. It could lead to serious complications on their next life if they were meant to die! You can't just go around waving a sword anytime someone dies.” I frowned as the miko went on in her little rant. After a few minutes of tuning out her mindless babble I said, “Enough miko.” almost immediately she became quiet.
 
“I am not so foolish as you seem to think. The thirteen I raised today are the first in almost 900 years so keep your mouth shut or I will be forced to do it for you.” I growled at her. “Now Kagome go find that futon your mother gave you and set her up in one of the empty rooms for now. We will be joining you once Eyrein has arrived.” Kagome stood and offered a formal bow as did the miko before escorting her to the elevator.
 
“Inuyasha tomorrow we need to get her over to the artist and we need a miko to help cast the spell on our blood so it is ready. I do not want Kagome to do it and neither do I want that twit of girl that is upstairs. Do you know any other reliable mikos?”
 
“Not of hand but doesn't Mrs. Dunne have one that blesses her master pieces?”
 
“Hmm. I think she does. We'll have to call her and see if she is strong enough for the spell. If not I would rather Kagome since I know her power then another's.”
 
“Well we could always see if she could dredge up Midoriko again.”
 
“That isn't a half bad Idea little brother. Kagome didn't seem all that coherent and I am sure Midoriko could block her out for a minute in order to complete the spell.”
 
“I think that would be safest. After all it's to keep Kagome safe.”
 
“very true. Now all we have to do is wait for Eyrein.”
 
“Bastard better hurry up I just want this day to end.”
 
“If Yumi is taking the futon where is Kagome going to sleep?”
 
“Shit I forgot about that. She has slept with you enough Fluffy. I think it is time that she spend time with me.” I wanted to growl at that but it was true so instead I nodded. Leaning back I began to get back to work hoping the idiot mind reader showed up soon.
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~(Backtrack to getting in the elevator)
 
“Kagome?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Is what he said true?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“I don't understand how that is possible. Only a god should have control over life and death.”
 
“But don't we take into our hands life and death with every child we create and implant into breeders? Do we not take life and death into out hands when someone is dying and surgery is done to save theirs lives?”
 
“But that is different! We are saving are bring to life or saving it not giving life to the dead.” We stepped out of the elevator and to my room.
 
“It is just another extension of that theme Yumi. Mr. Takahashi's father was the one that made the sword. He is the one who figured out how to do it and only passed on the sword after his death. The only being other then the guards that I know he resurrected was a young orphan over 900 years ago. She helped him after he was injured and her village was attacked and she was killed. He gave her life and took after her till the end of her days. She is the closest he has had to a daughter.”
 
“Wow. I never knew that he did that.”
 
“Not many do. Few are as old as they are. Mr. Modesitt is one of the few that I know remember.”
 
“You mean the fox clans leader?”
 
“I don't know if he is fox clan leader but he is the father to 35 children. I guess that could make them a clan.”
 
“Do you know Mr. Modesitt well?”
 
“I used to but that was a long time ago.”
 
“Oh you mean your soul knew him in the past?” I picked up the futon off the bed and walked to one of the other rooms.
 
“Yeah you could say that.”
 
“It must be interesting to know that you made such a difference.”
 
“I guess you could say that.”
 
“Why what is wrong?”
 
“Yumi I will tell you this and nothing more unless you are sworn. I remember the past, I remember my true friends, I remember everything and I did not get to stay to see them grow old. I did not get to stay and watch the kit grow up or the brothers make peace. One moment I was there making the wish and the next I am here coming in for testing on my 20th birthday.” we walked into the red room and I laid out the futon and the sheets, topping off with a small pillow.
 
“You mean that you are the mind that made the wish? How is that possible?”
 
“I do not know. All I do know is that I am back to finish what I started in the past. I have to rid the world of the jewel.”
 
“Your quest never ended huh?'
 
“no. I wish it had. There was a great amount of danger before and now in a way it is even greater.
“Yeah that would have to bite.”
 
“I will leave you here Yumi. The bathroom is down the hall. I know this isn't the most comfortable to sleep on but it is better then the hardwood floor.”
 
“No this is fine thanks. Kagome?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“What was it like back then? I mean how did everything look?” I sighed as I recalled the forests and open fields.
 
“It was wild. Lower demons everywhere destroying your crops on occasion. There were bandits and little help from lords to keep you safe. But open air and the large forests were nice. Open meadows of butterflies and bugs chirping. The ground was softer beneath your feet and hot springs were scattered in the open. Villages were tight communities and traveling was hard. We never needed horses so we usually walked everywhere. Sometimes I wish I could return to enjoy the scenery once more but we haven't changed it so much now as we have developed it into a working system. It was nice to see something grow because its seed landed there instead of perfect rows of food and trees.”
 
“Is it truly so terrible to be here?”
 
“Not really. I have memories from this body to know how to function but my heart isn't this one. My heart is that of the past.”
 
“I'm sorry.”
 
“Don't worry about it. I will adventually adjust in time.”
 
“I am always here if you need me!” I smiled at her.
 
“That is nice to know Yumi. Time for bed.”
 
“Night Kagome.”
 
“Night.”
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V.~~~
 
Eyrein showed up about an hour after the girls left and I left for upstairs to see if Kagome was awake. I stepped out of the elevator and walked to the living room to see the T.V. on but Kagome asleep. Sighing I picked her up and headed to my room. Laying her down I pulled out my cell and dialed Sesshoumaru's number.
 
Ring..Ring...Ring.
 
“Hello Inuyasha.”
 
“Hey Fluffy. Just calling to let you know that Kagome is asleep. She is lightly snoring on my bed now. I guess we'll have to wit for morning.”
 
“Very well. Keep her safe while I show Eyrein around to see if he cam pick out anyone to question.”
 
“Okay. Talk to you tomorrow.” I hung up. Tossing the phone onto the bedside table I went and changed into a pair of comfortable boxers and climbed into bed with her. Pulling her close I nuzzled her neck grateful to have back in my arms. The day had been almost a tragedy but her quick thinking allowed everyone to live.
 
She had such a big heart and I was grateful for my place in it. It seemed that no one cared about knowing who she was just wanted her out of the way along with my brother and me. Tomorrow I would seriously start tracking down these enemies and take them out. Kagome had enough to deal with since the jewel is back and active. She didn't need this stress. I remembered what she said earlier about Dr. Weaver's warnings. I hadn't really thought about it but after the drug got in my system I realized just how dangerous for her it could be.
 
Dr. Weaver was right and we had to teach her for her own protection. After training I would see if Sesshoumaru could do it. He was a full demon and he knew better then I did the ways of the Inu since my instincts were mixed with human. I had thought that things would slow down after the presentation but now it seemed as if truly someone was against us and it never was easy when that was the case.
 
His eyes closed and he drifted off to peaceful dreams surrounded by Kagome's scent and warm body.
 
 
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
When Eyrein finally showed up Inuyasha went upstairs to see if Kagome was still awake. When he phoned that she was a sleep I sighed. The day had started off as promising but then the drugged pills and the killings, while usually I didn't mind when I was the one killing, but today it was almost permanent for some of my best guards. I looked up at the bat youkai and he sat quietly waiting for me to give the next order.
 
“Eyrein.” he looked up at me.
 
“Yes sir?”
 
“It seems that Kagome is asleep and we will have to wait till tomorrow to get anything. However, there are some guards here that you can interview to see if they saw anything in particular.”
 
“Very good sir. Anything else?”
 
“Just one. What did you see when Dr. Weaver asked Kagome the interview questions?” He straightened up and narrowed his eyes.
 
“What does that have to do with anything?” he said defensively.
 
“I merely wish to know. The past few days have been interesting.” my tone was bored as and bland trying to make it seem like I wasn't as curious as I was.
 
“Interesting how?” his voice lowered in tone almost seeming to be a warning.
 
“You do not have to be so suspicious Eyrein. I know her history better then almost anyone. Herself and Inuyasha being the only ones that know better then I. So do not worry that I have been crude and taken her or anything of the sort. I merely wish to know.”
 
“you have been very busy the past few days. How did you find the time to sit down and talk all about her past?” he wasn't letting up on his suspicions.
 
“Need I remind you that she is my breeder Eyrein? I have all rights to ask and you are not being forth coming.” I was finally getting annoyed. he bowed his head and clasped his hands together in front of him.
 
“I saw flashes of someone looking like your brother in a fire red hatori in a forest having her a hug. I saw her looking at a red eyed youkai and kissing him. A mangy wolf in old fashion armor and furs holding her hands. The last was of a monk touching her inappropriately and her slapping him. I had a feeling that the last was repeated often. The funny thing was that they were almost all outside in a deep forest and she didn't have really any traveling outside the dome listed in the logs for everything to happen out there. That was all.”
 
“I see. Very well then I can see that she is as pure as she seems to be. Thank you you may go now.” I turned back to the computer planning on finishing the last of some paper work and head up to rest.
 
“Mr. Takahashi may I ask you a personal question?” a distant voice came to him. looking up he saw Eyrein holding the elevator doors open waiting for an answer. Sighing mentally I nodded.
 
“You weren't concerned for her purity. What were you looking for?” Ah my sharp little bat had caught on to my ruse. `hmm what to tell him.'
 
“I did not say I was concerned for that at all Eyrein. I asked you to tell me what she saw when she was asked I needed to know for the presentation. It would so more harm then good if she had something that would embarrass my house. This way I can be prepared.” I watched him as he seemed to think about it before nodding and letting the doors close.
 
While what I said was true I knew that we needed to do a small blood oath to temporarily cover the actions of the past few days. It would be frowned upon by some if their mind readers saw what had happened. Adding it to the mental list to do for tomorrow I spent the next 45 minutes finishing the paper work before going to bed.
 
When I opened my door again I couldn't help but take a deep breath of kagome's scent that still lingered lightly. Slipping into some sleeping pants I crawled into bed and fell asleep.
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~
 
I awoke the next morning to an arm wrapped tightly around my middle and someone head against mine. slowly peeling my eyes open from the warm cocoon of slumber I looked around. I noticed that I was in Inuyasha's room and so it must be him that was behind me.
 
My mind was still slumbering when I tried to peel the steel arm from my waist and sit up. It was hard because Inuyasha had a really good grip but when I managed to slide out and sit up he rolled until his face was done and in my lap. Blushing I tried to push away when his arms went around me and he snuggled right into my upper thighs and groin.
 
`Kami you have a very sick sense of humor!' I thought as suddenly Inuyasha's hot breath seeped through and I could feel it on my delicate skin. Shuddering at the slightly erotic feel I again tried to push him away before I became aroused. The only problem was that because he had looped his arms around me I couldn't move him. Giving in to what was going to be very embarrassing I started to tickle his ear. It didn't take long for them to start flicking and he suddenly awoke face still down in my lap.
 
His head lifted up and I could see him looking at me and I could feel the burn on my face. He suddenly smirked and lowered his head back down to where his chin rested just about where my curls would be and took a deep breath. I gasped when I realized that I had already been aroused and the jerk was making sure that I knew that he knew.
 
“off.” I said flatly.
 
“Why Kagome? You seem to like me right where I am.”
 
“Inuyasha you will get up right now or when you are up later I will s-I-t you twenty times!” I gritted my teeth but the threat worked and he rolled away. Stealing a glance he still had that annoying smirk.
 
“Now now kitten no need to sharpen your claws on me.” while I didn't mind the pet name so much I hated being talked down to.
 
“Shut up Inu. No need to pollute the morning with all your barking.” I sneered for added affect and was quite pleased when his eyes widened and jaw dropped. Throwing back the remaining covers I stood up and opened the for to go to my room for a change of clothes. The problem with my plan was that once the door was open I was jerked back and thrown back onto the bed. I sat up quickly and glared at the smirking demon in the doorway.
 
“That was uncalled for!” I screamed at him. I was about to add more when he started to walk or was that stalk to the bed. The sudden change in behavior worried me a little. When he reached the end of the bed he didn't stop until he crawled right up and over me. I was paralyzed unsure whether to hit him and run for it or stay where I was.
 
His face loomed over me and I stared up at him until he started to growl my eyes opened wide and jerked my head back. Immediately his head went for my neck and for a brief second true fear hit me but that faded as he gripped the center of my throat in his teeth growling. I could feel the sharpness of his fangs gently against my flesh and swallowed convulsively. His growling increased and I wasn't sure what was going on but I stayed perfectly still. As abruptly as it started it ended and he pulled back to look me in the eye.
 
“This is one way to show submission. Do not be surprised that this one is common. If you are in trouble with one of us baring the throat even the side shows that you are submissive to us. Do not do that again Kagome. You will not raise your voice to me anymore. I was still an adolescent when you last saw me. Loud voices hurts my ears and will cause a reaction you might not like. Warning to you now.” his eyes spoke the truth of his words as he slowly stood up and walked away leaving me there on the bed processing what he had said.
 
The first thing was a `oh that was helpful the first submissive position huh?' but that was tossed aside when my anger returned. `how dare he! I can raise my voice if I want. I am not his mate!' Seething I left for my room like I had planned. Jerking the first thing out of my closet I hurried up to the bathroom and knocked. hearing no one answer I opened it and stepped inside.
 
Taking a quick look around and seeing that there was no one I began to undress. I was getting in the shower when I heard a knock.
 
“Yes!” I said loudly.
 
“Oh, its you Kagome. I was just wondering how much longer you were going to be?” I recognized yumi's voice.
 
“I am taking a quick shower. I will be out in twenty.”
 
“Okay.” I guess she left when she didn't say more. I stepped in the shower and turned it on. When the water warmed up I turned it to the shower mode on the handle and quickly cleaned up. I stepped out and wrapped a towel around me grabbing my clothes to change in my room. Passing the room yumi choose I called out that the bathroom was free.
 
Stepping into my room I closed the door and finally took a good look at the set of folded clothes I had grabbed. I almost dropped them when I realized that it was a set of training clothes that I had ordered from joanne. Squealing happily I hugged them to my chest before quickly drying off so I could try them on.
 
A short while later I was fully dressed and shoes on as I continued to rub my hair dry with a towel. I had forgotten my hair brush so I went to sit at the breakfast table to eat and wait for her to get out. When I reached the kitchen I saw Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru already sitting and eating. I was unease to be around Inuyasha just now so I pulled up a chair on sesshoumaru's side and filled my plate with bacon and scrambled eggs. I walked over to the toaster and put two pieces down and waited.
 
Grabbing the hot toast I sat back down and spread some jan on them and began to eat. When I was about done I glanced up to see them both looking at me. Raising a eye brow in question I continued to eat. I finished and was about to put the plate in the sink when I felt Sesshoumaru grab me arm. Before I could control the reaction I was afraid and then calmed down. I heard them both growl and was worried that they were doing it at me. I stayed still wondering if this was another sprung lesson and hoped it wasn't.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
Sesshoumaru had smelled her reaction and growled at Inuyasha a question.
 
:What the hell did you do that she is now afraid of my touch Mutt?!:
 
:I taught her a submission pose:
 
:Then why is she afraid?:
 
:I am not sure:
 
:Did you just go ahead and do it or did you remember to tell her that you were going to demonstrate and that it wasn't because you were angry?:
 
:...grrrr...:
 
: Idiot!:
 
“Kagome do not be afraid.”
 
“I'm not.” her voice was calm and I would have believed it if I hadn't already smelled her fear.
 
“I am guessing that Inuyasha did not tell you that we agreed to show you the submissive positions before doing it to you?” her scent spiked in nervousness as her head gave a tiny shake.
 
“Kagome you need to not fear us. Fear does nothing for our control and if you were afraid we might hurt you more then if you weren't. Fear is a condemning action meaning to us that you have done wrong and don't want punished. You have to accept our dominance of you.” she slowly turned around her breathing quick and eyes wide but other wise was calm.
 
“You mean that if you come on strong like he did,” she pointed to Inuyasha, “and I was afraid because I wasn't used to it you would punish me more?” I take that back she was hear hysterical. I pulled her towards me and moved my chair back so that I could sit her in my lap. She seemed to be in too much shock to put up any resistance.
 
“If we were in our heat Kagome then yes your fear would condemn you. If however you were calm and submitted but held no regret in your position then depending on what we were disciplining you for would help or worsen your situation. If if was an accident then your embarrassed scent and position would show you did not mean to and if it was nothing major then you might not get anything. If however it wasn't an accident and you showed no remorse then you would be punished more harshly.”
 
“So its kinda like a humans way were if it was an accident and we apologize and try to make up for it then no punishment. Then if it wasn't an accident and either you didn't tell anyone about it or said something like so what it would be worse?” I thought it over and though there were slight difference the over all idea was correct.
 
“Very similar Kagome. But humans can not always tell if Somme is lying or not and demons can almost always can. And where your human punishment can vary the punishment among Inu are all ready set down. Most get something along the lines of what humans call `spanking' I believe. However being that we are youkai the hits are much harder. Since females are usually so shy a very embarrassing display can be it. There are others but you get the idea.”
 
“So punishment wouldn't be a lot of physical pain right?”
 
“It can be. Some take the older methods and flog a female if she disobeys. Some have other torture equipment that the counsel passed a long time ago to punish. There are a variety of ways that are known but the most used are those two. however, Inuyasha and I have no such torture devices and the only whip I own is my youkai whip which I doubt I would ever use on you.”
 
She relaxed slowly into my arms as I finished. “There are other ways less tried that some have started using like docking your yearly pay if the leader of the house isn't to angry. Kagome we know that you wouldn't do anything to make us mad on purpose or at least not without damn good cause. I am sorry for scaring you earlier.” said Inuyasha.
 
Kagome looked at him but I couldn't see her face. I felt her sigh and push out of my arms and grabbed her plate and put to in the sink before walking out of the room. “I'll be training till one of you have time to make it.”
 
I growled under my breath at my idiot brother. She hadn't meant anything by it last night she had been genuinely interested and concerned. She had every right to be and he messed what should have been simple up. I rubbed my temples and looked at my brother.
 
His ears were wilted to his head, slightly twitching. I couldn't see his face since his head was bowed but I could smell his frustration and worry. I could see the slump in his shoulders and knew that what ever Kagome had looked like it was enough to make my brother take heed.
 
“What you did was foolish Inuyasha but from what I understand she has forgiven you for worse. Go do her training and apologize. She has to be willing to get the house mark today and unless you want to feel her hurt feelings until she gets over it I suggest you get to it.” I placed my plate in the sink for my maid to clean and headed downstairs.
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V.~~~
When Kagome had chosen to sit next to Sesshoumaru instead of me made me realize what it was I had done. Or at least the way I had gone about it. I had been still slightly asleep and then realized that I had not explained to her that I would be teaching her some of the ways while Sesshoumaru taught her the more difficult things. It had just been so nice to wake up with her that it had slipped my mind that I hadn't mentioned it the night before. When she studiously ignored us the entire meal was when I knew that earning her forgiveness over this would be hard. While what I had told her was true I also knew that she was used to yelling at me and it wasn't going to be an easy habit to break.
 
When she stood and I watched Sess grab her arm I smelled the first stirrings of fear and knew that what I had done had been worse then I had thought. Groaning at my stupidity in my mind I was nervous over my brother's reaction. I had made the new house breeder scared to be touched and that was counter productive to what we wanted. He would have every right to punish me since I was beta of the house. I might rule the eastern lands but I was apart of this house and that meant that I could be held accountable by Sess.
 
I wondered what he would do when he began to growl in Inu to me and though I was not sure why she was scared I knew it was partly because of how I went about it. His last word summed everything up nicely.
 
: Idiot!:
 
I waited as he explained the workings of a few things I could feel her slowly calming down. It was after I had spoken that she gave me a blank look. It was like she didn't even see me or I was to far beneath her for her to notice. Her eyes held anger and her mouth was in a firm line but she didn't acknowledge me as she got up and left. Her departing words left my heart sinking further.
 
My brother's words while wise wasn't the easiest thing for me to do. I had never really given Kagome an apology I just used my actions to show that I was. She might not know it but she was acting just like an Inu. She knew that she had been forced to submit unnessicarily and was standing up for herself by ignoring me. It worked well with pups that had misbehaved. Pups loved attention and ignoring them was one of the strongest punishments we had.
 
Sighing I stood up and went to the bathroom door. knocking I heard a muffled yeah.
 
“Yumi Kagome and I are going to be in the training room. Hurry up.” Walking away with out an answer I pushed the wall panel that was near the stairs going to the roof and looked the sliding door so that nothing go his could be taken. I went and locked my room and Kagome's. Heading to the elevator I pushed for the down button.
 
When I reached the training floor I sw that Kagome had already started her five mile run. I could see on the wall monitor that her first three laps were impressive indeed much improved so far over all. I set up the dagger target and a few bow and arrow targets afterwards I was testing the knives as I waited.
 
It took a little over 20 minutes for her to finish and she came off the track grabbing her water and drinking almost half. She picked up her towel and dried her face before stretching back out and then walking over to me.
 
“You ready?” I asked while she gave me a glare and nodded stiffly. Placing my hands on her shoulders I lined her up with the target and grabbed the knives. I hoped that she wasn't going to turn and try to pin me with the blades. I didn't really feel like becoming a pin cushion. Hopefully Sesshoumaru is having better luck with tracking who was behind the line of criminal acts against us lately.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
After the breakfast conversation I was curious as to how the rest of the day would go. I arrived in my office to see two police officers sitting in the chairs across from my desk. Wondering what they wanted I set my face to neutral and sat down. The one on the right was a red head with green eyes and hair pulled back to a high ponytail but it was tucked short under his hat. The other had slightly green brown hair in what humans called a crew cut and had dark brown eyes. The one on the right cleared his throat so I turned my attention back to him.
 
“Mr. Takahashi I don't know if you remember me but I am Nori Modesitt and this is my partner Assu Hideki (Thanks Yoshiko k). You had us searching for your missing secretary I believe?” I straightened slightly giving them my full attention. hopefully they caught her so I can bring her before the court.
 
“Yes I had you searching for Akia.”
 
“Well we found her but you aren't going to be able to press charges or bring her before the court.” I growled as my eyes flashed red.
 
“What he means Mr. Takahashi is that she and her mate are dead.” the one called Assu handed my a picture. I gave a last growl before looking down at the picture. It took me a moment to actually recognize what it was I was looking at. It seems that no only was she dead but also de-boned. What once was her chest was nothing but ragged meat with her organs tossed to the aside if they had been in the way. They took all major bones like the spine, ribcage, the three long bones in the legs & arms, the lower jaw, and the top of the cranium. The floor was littered with pieces of organs in a neat pile as if someone had been sitting and watching while dinning on the fresh meat of the major organs. `it seems someone has studied this Sesshoumaru's torture techniques. This one was very entertaining because you could start on the legs and arms and work your way in and since they victim was youkai they would have survived until the taking of the lungs, heart, and brain. The screams while loud were very pleasing.'
 
“It seems I won't be able to have the pleasure of torturing the female for her betrayal. Though this seems rather close to what I had in mind.” I handed back the picture and I watched them exchange a nervous glance. `oh but these young ones do not know the honors I have witnessed and committed. So easy to rile up.'
 
“You mean you have done something like this?” asked Nori.
 
“Done something like? Gentlemen, I was the one who made history with that technique. You would tie off the arms and legs from the blood flow and made your cuts. I found nice slow strokes of the blade made for neater work but this here in the picture seemed to followed more along the lines of just cutting off chunks of flesh. You can see that everything is in shreds no technique at all other then following my idea. Once I was able to almost perfectly preserve the body after removing the bones. I had an assistant fill it with horse dropping and sowed back together. I returned him to his bed and allowed his mate to sleep next to him for the next week allowing her to watch as he quickly rotted away before her death. Smell was terrible but since I had her in a small house on the property I just merely burned it to the ground and rebuilt later.” there faces were white and I could smell the sweet aroma of their confined fear. I made sure to keep my tone flat until I described what I had done, where I added a small amount of pride. “There are reasons gentlemen that I am rarely crossed anymore.”
 
“I-i-i can see that Mr. Takahashi. However, both her and her mate were found like that both upon stone tables in the lower levels of the city.”
 
“Any leads as to who has done this?
 
“No sir. The area had been had been wiped clean of any traces of the culprits. The only real information we have other then that we found them is that we know a miko/youkai spell was cast to rid the place of any scents and energy that might have been lingering.”
 
I thought about that. So there was a combined force behind this. There were a few houses that had mikos on their payroll. The only problem was that they knew it was against the law to cast such spells unless for the city or by court order. It only added to the mystery behind the unusual occurrences in the city. Giving the officers a nod they stood to leave.
 
“Mr. Takahashi?” I looked up from my musings to see Nori looking back at me.
 
“Yes?”
 
“May I ask you a question?”
 
“What is it?”
 
“Did you really make history with that torture? I mean I have never heard of something like this.” I smirked.
 
“Why the interest Mr. Modesitt? Would you like some pointers? Or is that your father forgot to mention his time in my castle and the scenes he witnessed? For surely your father has told you about who I am and what I have done.”
 
“Wait a minute you mean that you are one of the brothers that raised him?” I frowned surely he should know.
 
“Yes. And I know for a fact that he tells all his children about us and his adopted mother. So wy are you so surprised?” He looked down and I could tell it was because he was ashamed.
 
“We-wel-well I gave up on those crazy stories of his. I mean no miko would have taken a youkai kit in as her own back then. I passed them off as bed times tales.” I growled low in my chest as I replied to the ignorant kit.
 
“All the stories told by your father are true kit. My brother took over most of it but I did help him in his training and teaching. I will personally vouch for the miko for I watched her mother the kit with my own eyes. The mikos that do not accept their own teachings to help all life, which includes children, are not worthy of the title.”
 
The boy looked up and I could see the surprise in his face as his mouth opened as if to speak but nothing came from it. It took him near a full minute to get himself under control and a helpful slap on his back from Assu. He gave me a bow before backing away. I watched him go with my instincts rising to the surface that the kit would dare to question his father so. My hands near ached to teach him proper respect for his father. The kit might have begun as weak but he was one of the best fighters I had ever trained. Shippo also had a good head for business and had offered several good suggestions to him for investing in human technology. For a long time he seemed to be a head of the game in knowing what would become big sellers and what would become part of households and how shippo knew was a mystery that the kit didn't even share with him. The thoughts were irrelevant to the kit backing away out of his office but he let the idiot go. There was no sense in wasting time.
 
Turning back to his computer he was on auto pilot when suddenly he typed in the date for the new contract for a breeder when he got a error message. Growling he tried again and had the same result. Angrily he pulled up the breeder's name and schedule list.
 
Akuma Sato
 
Age: 56
 
Contracts in effect
 
1.) Raising current child for the Makoto family till the age of two years.
2.) Carrying a child for the Hara family.
3.) Youkai family Oki.
4.) Youkai family Matsushita and raising the child till the age of two years.
 
(Author's note: Thanks Indagolight for your names)
 
`Damn it. She is booked solid for at least at least another two and a half years. This contract needs to be completed in less then one and a half. That reminds me I wonder how Yumi is coming on rescheduling the ones my previous secretary messed up.' searching through the database of breeders I looked for one that had the same rating as Akuma. I nearly growled when I saw all the ones that were filled up. The remaining few while the same rating as Akuma they were shady characters and I dealt with them as little as possible. I had a feeling I need to know what Yumi had been doing so I paged for her and waited. Within minutes she arrived.
 
“You called Mr. Takahashi?” she said as she walked into the room carrying a small laptop in her arms.
 
“I asked a few days ago to rearrange the mess my last secretary made of the arranged contracts and births. how is that coming along?”
 
“Well sir when I noticed that there was those mistakes I went back to double check over all of them to see if that is why there have been so many complaints from houses in my e-mail. It seems that she has messed up not just those but a number of others. Some were over passed completely and people have been waiting almost five years.” I growled. Someone had been keeping this under wraps for I had no idea.
 
“Also the ones that had been over looked I had to put into effect and I contacted them and told them of the error. Most were pleased that they were finally getting what they had already paid for while there are a few that are angry, rightly so I mean. Anyway I have unfortunately had to fill almost all level four and five breeders to accomplish this.” she opened her laptop to look at something.
 
“The other problem is that I believe I have found traces of someone dipping into the breeder trust funds here in the company. I have looked at our business transactions and who was supposed to get them. It seems some breeders have been receiving less for their services then they should into their accounts.”
 
“Is this all? Are you able to trace the lost funds?” she looked hesitant.
 
“I can not as of right now. I would need to see the bank records of the one we deal with to see if any accounts have matching deposits of the missing money. But even then it would be hard because the money might have been delayed a day to throw off anyone on their trail. It would be near impossible to track all the accounts in the city for these small of sums.” this wasn't good at all damn it.
 
“Get Jon and do a security lock down of the known breeder's accounts that have been tampered with. Contact the breeders to let them know only that something is wrong with the amounts they have been receiving not that it has happened to more then just them. We do not need a city wide panic about this. I will contact the banks to make sure that you get all the help you need in trying to find where the lost money is going. I also need you to deal with this contract that needs to be complete in the next year and a half unless you can talk to them into longer. I want this to take priority. Call in any assistants you need to make this happen. I will pay for them.” she nodded and left. I cleared my screen of the failed scheduling and sat there for a wile thinking.
 
The invasion of the trust funds and breeder accounts was very stressing. The trust funds were set up by families to either get their daughter started in the breeder world or as a savings account for further schooling or setting her up in her home. The breeder accounts were held jointly between the office and themselves. We were allowed to pay into them and subtract fees as needed for checkups, medicine, and other such things. They were supposed to get detailed accounts about the spending we did on their accounts. Most women spent six months to a year in our training program that helped get them started and I knew for a fact that we nearly demanded that they keep up their records and double check it against ours to make sure such mistakes didn't happen.
 
No office was free of scandals and money stealing and this was set in place to keep such things to a minimum. That is was done not only to the accounts but the passed over contracts were a breach of trust that couldn't go unanswered as to why I hadn't known about it. Rubbing my temples I considered the possible ways to rectify the situation with most of the people that had been passed over. None of them were pleasant since most could and probably would ask for me to pay up to a half of the fees back to them for the lost time.
 
Moving on and rubbing his shoulders he failed to notice the elevator beep. He was trying to get a kink out of his neck when he felt hands upon his moving them away. ALmost instantly he snapped around and had the offender by the neck in moments. Taking time to blink he saw that it was Kagome in his hand and instantly released her. She stood there and he took a whiff of the air and realized that his actions hadn't scared her. Slightly pleased that he hadn't he watched her rub her neck for a moment and then dropped her hand back to her side.
 
“I'll take it that you were to caught up in your thoughts to notice me then?” her voice was wry and a half smile was upon her face.
 
“Do not startle this Sesshoumaru Kagome. It would not be good for you health.” she grinned and plopped right down in to his lap. When she wrapped her arms around his neck he raised an eyebrow at her behavior.
 
“To think one human female was able to actually startle the great Tai youkai. hmm are you getting so soft in your old age?” her tone was playful as she swatted his arm in fun. It seems that what ever anger she had earlier today was gone.
 
“I am not soft woman.” I growled back at her.
 
“Oh? Let us test that theory no?” I wondered what she had in mind when suddenly she raised up and pressed her lips to his. Something felt off though. Kagome had her own style of kissing, movements that I had already memorized, and this wasn't it. I pulled her back and quickly cast a true seeing spell silently. In my arms was a magic puppet very similar to naraku's but different in that this was a cloth doll enlarged rather then a wooden one. I gently pushed her off and decided to play along a bit longer.
 
“What are you doing here?”
 
“What can't your breeder come and give you a kiss? I'm hurt.” she placed a hand where her heart would be but I merely stared.
 
“oh come off it Mr. Takahashi. Quit being a stick in the mud.” If I hadn't known before that she was fake I would now. Kagome never called me that unless we were in public.
 
“You know I do not like to repeat myself.”
 
“Okay okay. I was just wondering how you are doing. The news said that your secretary was discovered murdered. THe pictures they showed were awful.” again the golem slipped. THey would not show those pictures because the crime was under investigation. So who ever was controlling it was most likely the one who had the murder committed.
 
“Do you have anything useful to add?”
 
“ah. no. I was curious if the police had talked to you yet before announcing the murder.”
 
“If they had what of it?”
 
“I was curious on your take on it. It seems so gruesome and thorough. Professionally done perhaps?” I smirked mentally now I could rile up whoever it was.
 
“No not really.” the golem faltered for a minute as if whoever was controlling it was to surprised to keep the spell going for a moment.
 
“what do yo mean?” `oh I wanted to laugh at the idiot.'
 
“This required no skill other then how they got away. Someone studied history and the mention of the tortures that I made renown but they did it sloppily. They just tore hunks of meat of and took the bones. I was more refined in that I made careful cuts that left the body almost perfectly intact most times. To fill the body with something like horse droppings or something equally vile is much more satisfying in watching or hearing the horror from your enemies. They would have had more luck just skinning the female for all the good this did.” the face wore a frown but nodded. `If they got another one to torture I just made it worse but I had something to track them with now. Practice would be needed before getting someone important.'
 
“I see. Well I had better be going. Things yet to do you know.” I stood following the golem to the elevator. I would allow the thing to get away but not before I let it know that I was on to them.
 
“Yes I am sure you have much practicing to do. After all it isn't everyday I give pointers to those who wish to intimidate me.” The shock went through the body and the doll fell lifelessly to the ground. Picking it up I now had something for the police to use and go after. The day was looking up.
 
~~~Nori's P.O.V.~~~
 
I left the western office building shaking. I had nearly allowed myself to be disowned by my father less then a few weeks ago for saying that he should quit lying about the past and forget the children tales that he was telling. To say that he hadn't taken it well would be an understatement. After yelling at me that is was true his shoulders had slumped and said that he was getting worried the the jewel had killed his adopted mom from the future. It seemed suspicious to me that suddenly the brothers would agree on a breeder that they didn't really know unless she was the one they were waiting for.
 
The sudden gathering my father had called would also be explained. He had known that Joanne knew something about this he would have to call her once he got rid of Assu. They were about to get on a chair back to the precinct when my phone rang. I pulled it out of the case and saw an unknown number. Shrugging I opened it.
 
“Hello officer Nori speaking.”
 
“Ah. Just the kit I was looking for. You might want to come back up to my office. It seems the murder or at least the one that watched decided to pay a visit.” The cold voice stopped me for a moment and inwardly I shuddered at the tone. I was hoping that this didn't mean dead bodies cut up I turned around and motioned for Assu to follow me.
 
“What has happened?”
 
“They sent a golem to impersonate my breeder. I was able to get them to drop the spell and removed the hair activating it. I want you to take this down and have it tested. I can still feel small amounts of youki on it still and it might be able to be identified.” giving a silent sigh of relief I hurried my pace the youki wouldn't last long and I had to hurry.
 
“We are reentering the building now. We will be up monetarily.”
 
“Very good kit.” and with that Mr. Takahashi hung up. I was not really wanting to deal with him again so soon after making a fool of myself but I had a job to do.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
I had just hung up the phone when the elevator beeped and out came my brother and Kagome. The difference in attitudes when they came it was not surprising. Kagome was still upset but something had happened that made her smirk while Inuyasha was breathing hard and casting glares at her.
 
“Kagome.” she turned towards me and gave me a smile that was too pure not to be her but again I cast the spell and nothing appeared but her and inuyasha. I would have to teach Kagome the spell and soon it was getting to dangerous not to. “There seems to be another youkai that can control puppets. Come here I want you to examine this.” she looked puzzled but came over to me.
 
“What do you have there Sesshoumaru?” I held up the doll and motioned her to come closer.
 
“This was impersonating you. I want you to examine this with your power to see if it feels familiar.” she nodded as she closed her eyes and I felt her power raise up a little. As she was working the elevator beeped again and out came the two detectives.
 
“Woah.” they both said together. I knew why the power coming form Kagome was immense but it did very little to harm. I heard her draw a ragged breath and I turned back towards her.
 
“Did you sense anything?”
 
“Yes. The has a very familiar youki for it was the one that I felt yesterday on the supposed Tim jeffery. Either he was a puppet or under a spell. How did you know it wasn't me?”
 
“I will explain later the good detectives most likely heard what you said about the doll and the other man so now they can take this and see if the readings on it can be matched to anyone.” I handed the doll to Assu and the man turned to go but stopped when his partner didn't follow.
 
“Nori we have to be going.” Nori was staring at Kagome and shook his head before replying.
 
“You go for your faster on your feet. I will take their statement.” Assu seemed reluctant to leave but knew there was limited time so he left. The Kit seemed to be thinking deeply and I was curious as to what he was piecing together though it seemed that he now realized who our breeder was as his star centered on her.
 
~~~Nori's P.O.V.~~~
 
We had hurried to the elevator but had to wait since it seemed to be busy. When It came it was empty which was curious but we entered and I could smell a lingering scent of orchids. It smelled so sweet and feminine.
 
“Assu?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Do you smell that?”
 
“You mean the orchids?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“I can smell them. Strange. I wonder how long the female was in here before getting out?”
 
“No idea but I wouldn't mind meeting her. If she looks as good as she smells well lets just say I will be asking to spend time with her.”
 
“Not if I get her first Nori.”
 
“You're on man. but it will have to wait because we aren't here on pleasure seeking.”
 
“Yeah I know.” the elevator finally arrived and when the doors opened we were both blown away by the stronger smell of orchids. “woah.” we both said.
 
Searching the room I saw a female standing near Mr. Takahashi with miko power flaring. The suppressed strength was frightening just a little. Her eyes opened and Mr. Takahashi spoke.
 
“Did you sense anything?”
 
“Yes. The has a very familiar youki for it was the one that I felt yesterday on the supposed Tim jeffery. Either he was a puppet or under a spell. How did you know it wasn't me?”
 
“I will explain later the good detectives most likely heard what you said about the doll and the other man so now they can take this and see if the readings on it can be matched to anyone.”
 
I just stood there as my partner took the doll. When Assu tried to get me to go with him I gave him a semi valid reason to stay and he left. Once the doors closed I turned back to get a really good look at the miko. I had heard about yesterday's near catastrophe and how supposedly they were all brought back.
 
The miko was not an extraordinary beauty but something other then her power could draw you to her. It was from her that the smell of orchids came from and I silently had a little death of hope that I could finally find a mate. Her hair was a rich blank and was shiny. Her brown eyes were a rich and warm color. Her smile was inviting as a mother's, like she understood you and wanted to help you. Her aura was so strong and pure I feared a little about being purified but the power was not threatening just there. She was tall but dainty in her thinner size and more petite form. She stood at such ease in the presences of the Takahashi brother's that I knew that she was not afraid of either of them which was surprising since almost all humans had at least a small fear of us.
 
In her I could almost see the miko my father had tried so hard to describe. Her very nature screamed that she cared and would help you. I truly wondered if this was either a reincarnate of her of maybe the true miko my father loves so dearly.
 
“Nori are you going to do your job or stay there all day staring at my breeder?” the menace in his the elder Takahasi's voice made me realize what I had been doing.
 
“Sorry Mr. Takahashi. It;s not every day I meet such a powerful miko. So this is the woman that finally snagged you two? I am impressed.” I gave a small joke to help calm my nerves but I also didn't miss the blush on the woman's face.
 
“get on about your business Detective.” I swallowed softly and cleared my throat.
 
“As you please, sir. Miss I am officer Nori Modesitt and I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions?” I heard a small gasp come from her and didn't understand why.
 
“Do you have any relation to Shippo?” my theory was starting to sound more likely.
 
“He is my father. Why do you ask?” but as I was speaking I heard her clap her hands together and give a tiny and muffled squeal.
 
“Oh I met Joanne and Aiko the other day and Shippo too. It was such a pleasure to see him again. Now I get to meet one of his sons. How do you do Nori I am Kagome, Higurashi Kagome.”
She had walked towards me when she started speaking but when I heard her name mentally I froze as she reached out her hand and mine automatically raised to shake hers.
 
The shock was so great that I all I could think of was how many times I had said my father was crazy and made fun of him. The shame built upon my shoulders and I felt truly like an idiot for not trusting him. While my father was a prankster and very mischievous I hadn't ever known him to lie to any of his customers or friends. I just thought that maybe the woman had been kind out of sympathy or had been made up to help him deal with the loss of his family. But now here before me stood undeniable proof and I was having trouble coming to terms with it. She had been talking but I hadn't heard a word when suddenly her touch upon my face jolted me out of my guilt trip.
 
“You look so much like him. To think Shippo's son a police officer. it's almost laughable don't you think Inuyasha?”
 
“Why Kagome?” the miko let go of my face and turned towards the younger Inu.
 
“Why? Do you really have to ask? You guys weren't around as far as I knew and now here my kit is with such a large family and one an officer.” The man started to laugh and the miko put her hands on her hips and I believed glared at him.
 
“It's not funny Inuyasha.” the one called Inuyasha just held his sides as he continued to laugh. “Fine then see if you find this funny SIT!” and with the last word Inuyasha fell to the floor very quickly. The laughing had stopped and a few moments later a moan was heard.
 
“You really need to quit that Kagome. I mean come on I ain't a hundred and some odd years old anymore.”
 
“Then quit acting like it. I mean really why can't I be proud of Shippo and his family? You just wait mister when your kids are growing up. You'll want them in respectable fields of work too. I swear if you didn't already have silver hair the fates would curse you with a child that would. Now hush up I want to talk to Nori.”
 
I was surprised again at her little talk but when she turned back towards me I couldn't help but smile. She took my hand and lead me to the table and offered a chair. She motioned for the brother's to come over too but the elder declined and went back to his desk.
 
“Now then Nori is it? I only got to talk to Joanne and Aiko for a short time and not near enough to learn anything really interesting. So how far down the line of his kids are you?” She seemed to know a lot already but if she truly was Kagome that knew my father then there was no harm in answering her.
 
“Not to be rude Ms. Higurashi but are you the awaited adopted mother of my father?” she smiled and nodded. “Any way to prove that?” she raised her finger to her chin and tapped it a couple of times before a grinning.
 
“I doubt he admits it but he is addicted to sugar, He loves almost any kind of candy.” well that was a well hidden secret. Even mother didn't know how much he truly had stashed around the house. How my father remained so thin was a mystery though mom always seemed in good shape too. I didn't know anyone, who wasn't family, that knew that.
 
“Well I guess you are then. Only family knows that. So in answer to your question I am his 15th child.”
 
“Wow. Well I know that Joanne is the second but where does Aiko fall?”
 
“She is my baby sister. She is one of triplets but her number would be the thirty second child. She has a few minutes older sister Amaya and the last was Aya.(Amaya=night rain, Aya=woven silk)”
 
“Oh, how beautiful. Damn it I missed out on them being little. I missed seeing all of you when you were little. I never got to spoil you. I guess that means I'll have to spoil mine twice as much.” she grinned in good humor and I gave a small laugh. I could see why the brothers had chosen her and I could see where my father got his parenting skills from. Though I knew her body was only twenty years old her legend and her soul made it seem as if she truly were my grandmother. I couldn't wait to see the reactions from everyone at the gathering after the presentation. It would be wild.
 
“Well I don't think that will be necessary. Once the rest of my sibling get to know you they will take over spoiling any child of yours.” her eyes gleamed and she sighed in what I believed was contentment.
 
“I suppose you are right. It just would have been nice.” I started thinking about my fathers heat cycles and knew that one was due sometime soon. I wondered if they were ready for more children.
 
“My father might be having another child in another year or so if he and mother are ready again.” an excited squeal came from her at that announcement.
 
“Oh I will have to encourage him. Oh it will be great Inuyasha I can now get him back for all those bad comments I had to s-t-t you that day for. Imagine me his long lost mom asking for a new child or children to play with. My poor son he won't know what hit him.” Inuyasha laughed almost evilly though I was about to put it on evil when I saw the gleam in his eyes. Poor dad all his shenanigans was about to come home to roost. well at least the party would be one for the record books.
 
~~~Mrs. Dunne's P.O.V.~~~
 
The dress was almost finished and I had to give the girl credit for having good taste. It would be one of my master pieces. I was in a hurry to my favorite shrine in the city because I needed a conbined bless spell that would make sure that no one was able to stain, tear, or basically ruin the dress. It also allowed the one it was blessed for to clean it with using their energy rather then having to wash it. It allowed many gowns and kimono's to be passed down with out so much wear and tear in them.
 
The shrine was almost in view of the chair. Mrs. Dunne had liked this shrine from the start though it had been many many years since she went there for this particular spell to be done. The family had passed down a tolerance for youkai that was almost unknown to any other shrine in any city. Sunset Shrine was in the western part of the city on the upper levels to allow the ancient tree good lighting.
 
Finally arriving there were several helpers scattered about and she hailed to one of them. A young boy around the age of 10-13 came to greet her.
 
“Hello, may I help you?”
 
“Yes I am looking for a priestess to help with a blessing spell. Could you have one meet me?” the boy scrunched his nose and thought about it.
 
“My mother has the blood madam but the only miko here, was my sister who, has recently become a breeder so she isn't here. My grandfather believes himself to be a priest but we have yet to see him have any real powers.” I was truly disappointed but maybe the mother had enough power to do the spell though looking at the boy I could see some power in him too. `hmm maybe have both of them add their blood and power? would that work? maybe.'
 
“Well then young man may I at least see your mom? She still might have enough power in her to so it.”
 
“I suppose. You'll have to wait a while though services are in right now and mom is attending them.” again I met with a slight disappointment that I couldn't get this done and go I nodded.
 
“Well is there any place I can rest until then?”
 
“Sure. Come this way there is a bench that we recently added near the god tree. You will be able to see when services are done because just over there is the building. Well I have to get back to work.”
 
“Young man before you go who am I looking for?”
 
“oh. Mom's in miko's clothes today. She should be out soon.”
 
“Thanks. Could I have your name?” I said offering a hand.
 
“Souta. Souta Higurashi.” I was surprised to hear the name Higurashi so soon and I had to wonder if it was any relation to the one for whom I was making the dress.
 
“really? Any relation to Kagome Higurashi?” the boy seemed surprised.
 
“Yeah! She's my older sister but she is the new breeder I was telling you about earlier.” I nodded and the boy then turned to run off and I had to do what ever it was he was doing. I had known that this shrine was special but it was confusing as to why the rest of the family had so little in powers after meeting the girl. I mean they had lived here for centuries and still the line seemed to be dying out. Shaking her head at the sad thought of this once large line and family dying out she thought a bit more and realized that was untrue. The Inu brothers had the powerful daughter as there breeder now and for sure at least one child would be only hers and that child would most likely take over the shrine and rekindle the line. The family would have enough power and influence to get the money raised to buy more children for who ever took over. Relieved that she wouldn't lose her favorite shrine she sat back and waited.
 
It was a little over a half hour later that the people started coming out. She immediately saw the woman dressed in red and white clothes. Getting up she started towards her. Weaving through the crowd was hard but finally she managed.
 
“Hello Mrs. Higurashi. May I have a word with you?” I asked politely and with a small bow. THe woman gave me a warm smile and motioned for me to follow. We reached a small quiet place away from the busy people in the corner of the court yard.
 
“How may I help you?” her tone was open and friendly and I relaxed. I studied her for a minute testing her power but received little response.
 
“I am here to get a double blessing on this dress. My customer's house leader wanted to make sure that this one couldn't get ruined by jealous women or men. So I can see that you don't have allot of power, not trying to be ruse but just stating fact, but I was thinking that maybe if you and your son could pool you power then it might work.” she seemed to think about it which was good considering that not many did free favors.
 
“May I ask who is the house leader this is for?” mentally I froze. `Should I tell her its for her daughter or lie?I don't want this to seem like favoritism, for if word got out then I would lose customers.' however, the woman seemed to realize that I couldn't really answer that and she sighed.
 
“I guess you can't tell me then?” I nodded. “Is it for someone who is nice at least?” I smiled and nodded again. “Well I suppose then I will see if my little boy doesn't mind. It will be his choice.
“Okay.” she lead her way through the shrine and her home till she came upon the boy doing his homework at the kitchen table.
 
“Souta.” the boy turned our way. “Are you willing to help me and this lady do a double blessing on the dress for a breeder?”
 
“Oh its you!” he said as he recognizes me. “You asked earlier if I was relation to Kagome, so is she the one the dress is for?” my smile faltered and I frowned.
 
“Honey you know she can't answer that. It's for the protection of the breeders not to find out where they do their shopping or which dress is whose. That way no curses and such can be put on them.” the woman scolded her son as she waved a finger in front of him. “Now apologize.”
 
“sorry.” I smiled again thankful once again to the rules set in place so I didn't have to lie.
 
“Well then my boy it seems this nice lady needs a double blessing on the dress she brought. You want to help me?”
 
“Sure mom.”
 
“Okay we're going to make up the solution while you finish your homework, okay?” Souta nodded his head. She headed over to the stove and got out a rather large pan that was stored in a side cupboard. She filled it with water and began adding the ingredients to it. I decided to take a seat and wait for the solution to boil.
 
“I never caught your name miss?” I glanced up and blushed.
 
“Oops. I am Mrs. Dunne. I run a dress shop that does dresses for presentations.” The woman turned towards me after she finished.
 
“Well I am O-dori Higurashi. Previously a regular breeder now almost retired. If my father comes in and tries to throw sutras at you don't worry. He hasn't any power really.” Though I had been worried for a moment I was sure that if she said he didn't then he didn't. After all the mother and son had only minimal power only really enough to register where the daughter glowed brighter then the sun. `Maybe it all went to her?'
 
It took nearly two hours to get the solution brought to a proper simmer and then the dress was added. Quickly I added my blood and the mother and son added drops of theirs. We had the boy repeated after us and within another 10 minutes we stopped chanting and turned off the stove.
 
“Well It looked like it worked. Shall we drain it and see?” I hoped this worked other wise I wouldn't be able to deliver a finished dress on time.
 
O-dori drained the pot and ran cold water over it wringing it out as she went. Finally she handed my the dress and I unrolled it. Though the colors were damp it still looked perfect. Now I had to hurry home and place it in a setting solution to make the blessing permanent. Giving a quick word of thanks I was off.
 
On my way home I dialed the shop and had my daughter get the solution ready. A little over 14 minutes later I was back and rushed into the shop and into the back room. The tub was waiting for me and I placed it inside. Placing a cover over it so it could sit all night I sat down and sighed. I was hoping that this worked otherwise Mr. Takahashi would have to settle on a different dress for the presentation.
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~
 
The early afternoon had gone on in light conversation as I got to know Nori and Shippo's family better. The stories he had of Shippo trying to help raise the youngest triplets was funny. But finally we had gotten down to business and I gave my statement about the feelings I got off the doll and the man. Eyrein had shown up near the end and he only stayed long enough for me to picture the man in my head and let him draw him. The picture was almost realistic but they then departed. As I was about to leave The office phone rang and I heard Sesshoumaru answer it.
 
“Hello.” a pause.
 
“Good. Have the staff bring the things up to the house.” another pause.
 
“Yes tell Mrs. Modesitt that they were received.” and with that he hung up.
 
“So Sesshoumaru who was that?” he gave a small smile and leaned back into his chair as I approached the desk.
 
“Why do you want to know?”
 
“Because I heard you mention Joanne.”
 
“hnn.”
 
“Oh come on Sesshoumaru!” I crossed my arms and stomped my foot.
 
“Be nicer to the rug Kagome.” I glared at him. “For your information that was my staff informing me that your mattress and sheets have arrived.” my arms fell to my sides and I stood there shocked that it was done already. Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru chuckled at me. I shot them both glares and stomped my foot again.
 
“You two are just evil I tell you. trying to avoid telling me my comfy mattress is here and then laughing when I taught it would take longer then it did. Hmmp. See if I ever sleep next to either of you again.” I turned around and had every intention of riding the elevator back upstairs when I felt a hand grab each wrist. Stopping I looked to my right to see Inuyasha and he had only one hand on me so I turned to the left and saw Sesshoumaru. To say I was surprised that he had actually gotten up would be a vast understatement.
 
“Do not go Kagome.” they both said in unison. I was starting to get worried they were not acting like themselves. “We do not want you to go.” again said in unison.
 
I wasn't sure what was going on but I was almost positive that I wasn't going to like it. Their auras were flaring so maybe someone was trying to control them? Well one way to find out I suppose and I let my aura flare along side theirs slowly drawing away any taint I could feel almost instantly they let go and looked at me in confusion. I pulled my powers back and tried to calm my racing heart.
 
“What is going on? How did I get here?” asked Sesshoumaru.
 
“Yeah wasn't I sitting a moment ago?” asked Inuyasha.
 
“Something weird is going on you both tried to stop me from leaving. You were talking in unison saying you didn't want me to go.” they looked at each other and then back at me.
 
“We did?” they asked together and it looked like they almost jumped apart but they were suddenly twice the distance between themselves then there was before. I couldn't help it the scare and then watching them unintentionally speaking together made me giggle. Once I started I couldn't stop and before long I was on the floor rolling. It occurred to me that this wasn't natural and I tried to stop.
 
“Okay Kagome it was funny but not that funny you can stop now.” but I couldn't and I couldn't access my powers. I was trapped unless the brothers could figure a way to stop me.
 
“Inuyasha. I do not believe that she can stop.” I continued to roll trying to get to one of them but I wasn't in control of that either.
 
“What can we do?”
 
“You grab one side I'll get the other.” So they did and once they had me my head continued to roll as I laughed. My sides hurt and my jaw did too. I was quickly losing my voice and I couldn't stop. Mentally I was screaming but it wasn't long till I felt a nasty jolt of power and the next thing I knew I stopped laughing. I wasn't sure what had happened but I was grateful to finally quit. I collapsed in their arms and I was oh so tired. Before long I was asleep.
 
~~~Nori's P.O.V.~~~
 
When I arrived at the station it was clear something was wrong. Split evenly down the middle of the main floor was men on one side women on the other. Absolutely nothing was getting done but them standing and chatting about anything and everything. I looked around to see if I could find Assu but he wasn't in this room so I wandered down to the lab that was set up specifically for testing remnants of youki on something. I found him looking in a microscope seemingly the only one who was acting normal.
 
I was about to call out to him when he straightened up and looked at me His eyes were glazed like he was unconscious but something was still moving his body. I flared my power in hopes that what ever it was wouldn't attack and when my power hit him he stumbled and fell to the ground. I cautiously approached him and felt for his pulse, it was there but weak. I wondered if this worked on him if it would on the rest so I went back to the main room dragging Assu behind me.
 
I shot small amounts of my power at everyone and they all fell and were unconscious. I gathered them together and locked the main doors. I grabbed a scene camera and started taking pictures of how everyone looked. I went to each desk and did the same. I was trying to gather any evidence as to why everyone had gone zombie like. I was almost done an hour and a half later when the lieutenant Fushin (Thanks Lady Sesshoumaru), Hisui (Thanks Shizuka) started to come round. I was immediately by her side and helping her up.
 
“What happened?” she asked but I wasn't sure if she was asking herself or me but I answered anyway.
 
“It seems someone tried to mind control everyone lieutenant. I came in and everyone was divided up men on one side women on the other. My partner Assu was in the lab looking for all the world like he was still testing but when I came in he looked at me and his eyes were glazed like he wasn't there or unconscious but something was making him move. When I flared my power to attack it hit him and he fell immediately. He seemed to return to normal but was asleep and so I tried it on the rest of you. A small hit of my power and you all fell. You are the first to come round.”
 
“Were you able to get and evidence?”
 
“I spent the last hour and a half taking pictures but there is no feeling of youki or anything else to go on.”
 
“Very good Detective. I will watch over everyone you go develop those pictures. We are going to be on red alert once we figure out the extent of the damage.” I let go of her and saluted before grabbing the camera and going to the lab. Something big was going on and I wanted to know what it was.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
When Kagome collapsed I handed her to Inuyasha and went to grab my phone. I dialed the number for Dr. Weaver and had her come up with her emergency bag. I didn't go into details but I told her enough to know what to get. When I was done I went back over to my brother and Kagome.
 
“What happened Sess?” I had never seen my brother so close to crying without being seriously injured. “Why weren't we able to detect anything?”
 
“I do not now brother but we will get to the bottom of this. Dr. Weaver will be here soon.” Inuyasha nodded as he continued to cradle the delicate girl in his arms. Before when I watched her sleep she did not seem weak but now after an attack that we had no control over the reality of how frail she was hit home. I could most likely resurrect her with my sword but I never wanted to find out for it meant that we had failed her. I was not sure if it had been my youki or my hand that had brought the spell to a close but I was grateful either way.
 
The elevator beeped what seemed like an eternity and the doctor rushed to Inuyasha's side. After a thorough examination she stood up and had us lay her down on the couch as she pulled us to the side.
 
“The spell seems to have no lasting effects. However, it did take a lot of energy and I am not sure how long she will sleep. She could wake up in minutes or hours.”
 
“She was supposed to get her mark today Dr. Weaver. Will this affect the placing of it?” she seemed to think for a moment before shaking her head.
 
“I can detect no trace lingering on her. Most likely part of the energy drain was riding her powers riding her of the remains of the spell. I can not for absolute guarantee that it isn't still around her but I can not detect it. When she wakes have her do a self cleansing and see if that helps.” I nodded and the doctor handed me a jar much like the one that I had seen earlier.
 
“This is the daily vitamins that I had wanted her to take. Have her start the schedule that I previously mentioned and don't worry I got these from another hospital and I collected and counted them myself. No one else has touched them.”
 
“Thank you Dr. Weaver. Now if you will excuse us we have much to rearrange for today.” she gave a bow and left.
 
“Can we really trust another to bless the blood Sess? I really don't think she will like it to much if she knew what it was going for.” Though it seemed stupid to be afraid of a simple blood spell my brother was most likely right in that the girl wouldn't like to know what was being used to mark her skin.
 
“Should I get the other miko to help her? Maybe if we explained to her what was going on and not tell Kagome what she was dealing with when she blesses it might help. Yumi can take her mind off things.” The idea sounded good to me so I nodded.
 
“Well then I will call her. She was down helping the wounded.” Inuyasha pulled out his cell phone to arrange it while I went back to watch over Kagome. her breathing was a little stronger then before and I took that as a good sign. Standing I went to my bathroom and grabbed a towel and got it wet. Wringing it out a little I came back and dabbed her forehead with a little moisture to see if it helped bring her round.
 
Another 20 minutes passed in tense silence and the elevator beeped and the doors opened to reveal Yumi. She glanced around and her eyebrow rose in question at seeing Kagome asleep.
 
“Why is she sleeping? Shouldn't she be up to help with the blessing?” I gave a small snort at her obvious conclusion but it was Inuyasha that answered.
 
“We had a spell placed on all of us earlier today. How it got past us is a mystery but it didn't affect her till she started to laugh. She couldn't stop and it took us a while to get her too but not before it depraved her of enough energy and oxygen to stay conscious.” I did not look at the twit as I entered the bathroom to redampen the cloth and ignored the rest of the conversation as I went back to tending Kagome.
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V.~~~
 
“Oh my Kami! Is she going to be alright?” I had to snort at her while I eyed my brother who was tending Kagome. `The stupid miko taught that if she wasn't that we would be here? Feh!'
 
“yeah she will be fine. The magic pulled allot of energy and she has to recover before she wakes. We need you to prepare the glass for her blessing while we wait for her to come round. You need to keep her mind off of what the glass looks like as she adds in the ink. This has to be done properly of we will have to start over and we can only do this so many times before we don't have enough blood for it. That and Kagome will see what it is if we have to do it again.”
 
“But doesn't she know what the mark it made of?”
 
“No. She wouldn't like it and I rather her find out once it was done then refusing to bless it now that there have been two attacks. We can't afford to trust another miko with the blessing.”
 
“I see. Well I will be happy to. Do you have the glass?” I nodded and went to the wall safe that was in plain site. Looking over my shoulder I made sure Yumi wasn't looking as I typed in a few numbers and then pressed my thumb to the screen. THe safe opened easily and I pulled out the glass.
 
To most a glass would mean something to drink out of but this was more of a pod with a top that opened. The top opened up to allow you to add the blood and the ink while the runes were activated on the outside. Once the top was closed it wouldn't open again. On the end was a hook up that would lead to the machine the artist would use. It was called a glass because that is what it was made of entirely. Only the brass hinges were the exception. I went to the table and opened the top to allow her to use her magic to purify it so that no impurities were inside.
 
This took a considerable amount of time because she also had to set up a barrier that wouldn't allow anything but our arms and blood through. While I was watching I heard a feminine moan and knew Kagome was coming around. That was good because the blood had to be warm in order to make the spell work.
 
Yumi took longer then I thought she would but she was able to get it done and opened her eyes and nodded to me. Together we turned to Sesshoumaru who had Kagome sitting up and coherent. Yumi took over explaining while we used our claws and cut a line on our hands and pushed up our sleeves and allowed to the blood to pour until a little over half full.
 
Once that was done we brought our hands to our mouths and licked the wounds clean. Starting in Inu we spoke the words to activate the runes. By the time we were done Kagome was standing behind us. Turning together we each took a hand and lead her to the glass. She broke the barrier and placed her own working slowly and under Yumi's directions she purified the ink and then offered Sesshoumaru her hand which he gently cut. Pouring the ink in she moved her hand over the glass and allowed her blood to join ours. Yumi began the chant which Kagome copied. It took awhile but finally nearly an hour later it was complete. Kagome used her bloodied hand to trace over the last runes and slowly the glass began to glow. Once it was almost pure light the lid closed itself and sealed. Now only a special machine could get the now completed ink out and it couldn't break until there was no more ink inside.
 
Earlier we had made arrangements with the artist and had placed a few trusted guards on duty. It was almost five in the afternoon almost two hours later then we had wanted to leave but on well. Sesshoumaru had licked her hand clean to help seal the wound like we had done and she wrapped a bandage around it.
 
“Inuyasha call the artist and tell her we are on our way.” slightly angry at being bossed around I whipped out my cell and called the crazy woman.
 
Ring..ring..rinn
 
“Hello, Artist Satu Mitsu speaking.” (Satu=sugar, Mitsu=shine, reflect)
 
“Hello Satu. This is Mr. Takahashi we will be leaving now for your shop. Do you still have the drawing we sent?”
 
“Of course! You are late and will have to wait until I finish with the current customer. So grab so supper and I should be done.” I growled at the woman for she was supposed to wait for us but it couldn't be helped I suppose since if she was doing a house mark or any other kind they had to be done in one sitting otherwise you messed up the magic and it was basically worthless.
 
“Fine but you were told to keep your day free Satu.”
 
“Yeah, I know but you guys took so long that my original appointment called and asked if I had the time. Since neither of you called I assumed that you weren't coming.”
 
“We have had problems Satu. You know for a fact that isn't true because we would have recalled our guards.”
 
“oh. I didn't know that. Sorry.” My anger was about to get the best off me so with a terse good-bye I hung up.
 
“Problems brother?”
 
“Yeah the twit took on another customer because we didn't call. She wants us to eat before heading down.”
 
“We told her to stay available.”
 
“Yeah that is what I said but she told me that she didn't know that our guards still being there meant we were still coming.” sesshoumaru growled and I could see red tinting his eyes but Kagome placed a hand on his arm and leaned against him.
 
“I could go for some food. I don't know about you two but I am really feeling drained.” I took a better look at her and she was right her face was a little pale and her eyes were cloudy. Concerned I pulled out a chair from the table and Sesshoumaru brought her over to sit down. Once she was seated I moved the glass to my usual seat and Sesshoumaru ordered supper.
 
Yumi sat on the end and I sat across from Kagome while Sesshoumaru grabbed the vitamins from his desk and sat at the head.
 
“Kagome these are for you.” he handed her the jar. “The doctor said that she got these herself and I have smelt them. She said to follow the schedule that she mentioned before.”
 
“Oh. Okay. So how long before food?” I then heard her stomach growl and I chuckled while she shot me a glare.
 
“It will only be a little while Kagome. Meanwhile we have things to discuss about the house mark.” said Sess.
 
“Like what?”
 
“After the meal we will be going to the artist to have the house mark placed upon your chest. You have two options.”
 
“Well?”
 
“You can either have your shoulder numbed or you could be knocked out. This is going to take a long time because it has to be completed in one sitting and this isn't an easy House mark to do since it is conbining the east and west's marks.”
 
“Kagome you don't have to worry we will both be there no matter what you decide.” she gave me a smile as she raised her hand to tap her chin.
 
“I don't want to be knocked out again otherwise I will have trouble sleeping. So I guess that means numbing my shoulder.”
 
“Very well. Yumi you can go back to what you were doing after supper.” Yumi gave a nod of acknowledgment. The food arrived and was served. Supper was quiet as we each had our own thoughts to think about. My biggest concern was getting the mark on Kagome so that me and Sesshoumaru could tell what she was feeling and whether she was the real Kagome or not. An idea occurred to me that I had to ask.
 
“Brother?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Do you think we could add the understanding if the Inu language in her mark? It wouldn't have to be added directly but in our chant?” he seemed to think about it before a light kindled in his eyes and he actually gave me a smile.
 
“I do believe we could. It would help immensely later next year.” I knew what he meant. This way Kagome could understand us when we went into heat and would be able to understand the pups once they were born too. It worked all the way around.
 
“What do you mean in your chant? I thought that was already taken care of.” Kagome asked. `Shit I forgot she didn't know about that.'
 
“We will have to be chanting the entire time you are getting your mark placed in order to keep the magic going as it is placed into the mark.” her eyes went wide and her mouth moved in a silent `oh' but other wise said nothing.
 
“So who is this artist you were talking about?”
 
“Her name is Satu Mitsu. She is one of the best in the business but she is a little off the wall at times.” I said.
 
“Her first name means sugar? Did her parents want to curse themselves? Goodness gracious.” I chuckled and so did every one else.
 
Supper ended on a light note and we packed up and got ready to leave. Kagome went to change into a shirt that she said would be easier on the artist to get to the place on her chest and we had no arguments. Yumi left and we locked everything down before I picked up the container and waited sitting on the couch.
 
When the doors opened we both stood and turned towards them only to stop dead in our tracks. Surprise was the only thing I could feel but my thoughts immediately went to hentai. Her top hugged her chest tightly so it wouldn't fall since there were no sleeves and wrapped around her middle to show off her narrow waist. She had a knee length shirt of loose material and it was al in a stunning red.
 
Gulping I tore my eyes away to look at Sesshoumaru to see his reaction only to find his eyes on me. For the first time in our lives I believe we had the same thought.
 
`Hot damn.....'