InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ Chapters 22-31 ( Chapter 22 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~
 
So far we had gotten all bathing accessories, hair products, makeup, new sleep attire (Why I called him a Hentai before when I saw him double the order), casual wear, semi formal clothes, and suits for any business meeting I attended. I was almost exhausted when we arrived at Mrs. Modesitt's shop. It was a cute place though very large. We went ahead and entered and before long a voice screamed out, “Puppy! How good to see you.” a woman jumped into his arms and for a moment I felt jealousy lick my insides.
 
The woman was gorgeous. Her hair was a bright red and braided swing around her knees. Her jewel green eyes sparkled with joy and her full red lips curved into a smile showing petite fangs. She had slightly high cheek bones and thin eyebrows. Bangs covered her forehead and forelocks surrounded her shoulders. Her shirt was long sleeved and a deep purple with business pin striped pants. Shoes a pointed shinny black heel. She held him longer then I thought necessary so I cleared my throat.
 
She immediately got off him and turned to see me. I could feel her looking me over with interest. I stopped myself from fidgeting and looked right back. She approached me flaring her power in challenge. I answered in kind by allowing my aura to swirl to show her exactly what I was. Her eyes widened in slight surprise as my power slowly tamed hers. Abruptly she pulled back and started to rub her arms. turning to Inuyasha she asked, “this is the breeder you and Sesshoumaru choose?”
 
“Is there a problem Joanne?” She seemed so uncertain that I almost felt sorry for her. I really hoped she wasn't another challenger she seemed a lot nicer then Kimi.
 
“No but Father might not be happy. He believes only his adopted mother should have ever been with you.”
 
“It will be alright Joanne. By the way where is the twerp?” she giggled at the nick name for Shippo and I had calmed considerably when I realized that this was my adopted son's daughter. I quickly changed my powers to that of comforting like I had with Sesshoumaru but on a lesser scale. The effect was visible when she stopped rubbing her arms and relaxed.
 
“He's around. He isn't running the shop today because Aiko got into trouble again. She is going to give father gray hair I am sure of it.” Inuyasha laughed with her and I laughed to.
 
“Yeah she was born April first so I think it was the day. It jinxed him.”
 
“yeah.” She turned towards me and offered a hand in western style and I took it.
 
“My name is Joanne Modesitt part owner of this shop and you are?” I was a little worried that Shippo had mentioned my name and was sure it was going to hurt the young woman before I had the chance to explain. Cringing inside I said.
 
“Hello. My name is Kagome Higurashi. It's nice to meet you. I hope the little fur ball taught you right since he was always such a trouble maker.” She froze when I had said my name like I thought she would. After I had finished she peered at me closely as if she could see into my soul and know who I was.
 
“How would you know he was a trouble maker?” she asked suspiciously. I smiled.
 
“The kit stole the jewel shards when he met me and you ask how I know he is a trouble maker? Or the fact that he conned all the embarrassing stories out of the western staff and told them to you to torment the brothers? Come now don't take me for an idiot.”
 
Her hand fell from mine and her mouth started to open and close like a fish. Inuyasha laughed and brought her from her trance like state. She turned towards the laughing Hanyou and before he or I knew what she was doing she punched him in the eye and sent him flying across the room.
 
“You jerk! Here she is my grandmother and you didn't bother to inform our family that she was back? Do you know how upset father is going to be? How long have you known she was here? How did you run into her? How..” Inuyasha used a speed I had never seen before except when Sesshoumaru used it and covered her mouth.
 
“Hush wench do you want everyone to know that a 20 year old is the grandmother to a line older then a century? Shut your mouth. I forgot to call him and I even forgot to tell her till earlier today. She has only been back for three days so lets get this done and you can call him okay?”
 
She glared at him for awhile but Inuyasha had her pinned and muffled. Finally she nodded slightly and he let go. She gave him a sneer before turning back to me. She smiled a bright and cheery smile before embracing me in a hug that I was unprepared for. Looking at Inuyasha he shrugged so I gave her a hug back. After awhile she backed away and motioned for us to follow her.
 
Getting up to the main counter was a long walk. “What are you here for then puppy?”
 
“She needs special training clothes and weapons. Shippo learned smithing from old Totosai and I need him to make a few weapons for Kagome for any challenges. Also if you are up to it I need you to design a few formal kimonos for the presentation and then later for the ball.”
 
She tapped her fingers on the counter before replying. “When is the presentation?”
 
“I believe in 5 to 8 more days. there are a lot of finalizations to be done and we are still in the shopping part.”
 
“You guys are taking a long time if its been three days already.”
 
“We are doing this right and not rushing though we know allot of our enemies would like to see us mess up. They just think we have a pure white. What they don't know as far as we know that she is a miko who knows how to purify and fight. So as long as that holds we are alright I hope.”
 
She seemed upset at the mention of them not knowing I was a miko and she spoke up. “They know that someone with miko powers was with your brother yesterday in the furniture store. There is speculation on whether she is your breeder since he carried her from the store and made them compensate her for the attack.”
 
“Fuck. Well at least its only speculation right now because he has gone out and helped breeders before who were becoming a house breeder. There is a equal chance that it will be taken either way because of the press conference they might think that we have her indoors and not allowing her in public until the presentation.”
 
“True. well Let me go call me father to come and stop by and we will begin to find some proper training clothes. Be right back.” Joanne walked away leaving us to our thoughts.
 
“Inuyasha? Do you think it will be a problem with what happened at the store?” he turned and used his hand to raise my chin.
 
“Do not worry so much Kagome. What you did was self defense and you didn't totally purify her. She will recover. It only will increase your standing among the other house breeders.” He kissed my forehead and we sat on a nearby bench waiting for Joanne to return.
 
~~~Joanne's P.O.V.~~~
 
I was bored out of my mind waiting for Inuyasha and their house's so called breeder. I so hoped she wasn't like the other ones I had met. To be stuck with a bitch because she was the only one you could stand to be around due to the smell would have killed them. I worked quickly on the mattress and I did it right in hopes that because it was being done right the woman I was about to meet would be the best for the both of them.
 
This morning Sesshoumaru went scary on me and I wasn't entirely sure why. He always meant what he said and so I was on my best behavior. Checking the bank he did dock the payment so I knew it was only a matter of time before my father found out about my behavior. I wasn't so much worried about it since he was easy going. My father was almost one of a kind in that he was laid back and doting on both his sons and daughters. He had had a ruff childhood losing his parents to the Lightening elemental clan. It seemed strange that later he mated the last one of the clan Souten (That was her name right?).
 
It was his adopted mom that always amazed me. The kind hearted miko that took him in even after all the trouble he caused. He was always shameful about that part but he would go on and on how she brought him candy and took it upon herself to save him from everything including Inuyasha. His stories of how she came from the future and stayed to finish her duty to the Tama when she could have stayed home always made him proud. Under her care he turned into a gentler youkai. He said that before her that he hadn't cared one way or the other about humans and his father always treated his daughters like servants.
 
Many youkai still do. They treat us sometimes as bad as slaves in our own homes until we mate and leave. I promised myself that I wouldn't mate anyone unless I found one like him. Someone who would respect me and my daughters. Some times I almost give in and just mate some one to end the loneliness but I remember his stories and hold on a little longer.
 
The Takahashi brothers prove that there are other makes that treat women fairly. Look at how well they have run the breeder program. In my youth I imagined maybe being their breeder but it was crushed with how they treat me. A grandchild of their unofficial adopted son. it hurt for a long time but I could see that Inuyasha and dad held out the hope that one day Kagome would return since she was from the future. but it seemed unlikely since it had been over 900 years since she disappeared.
 
I would never dash that hope though since it was what changed them. You could see it when they talked of her. The devotion they had baffled me. How could one human woman in five years bond them so strongly that 900 years they still waited? That they still could remember her and her scent? It was that kind of love I looked for, longed for, and was waiting for.
 
When he arrived I could smell him enter the shop. I ran towards him and called out, “Puppy! How good to see you.” I jumped into his arms like I had done since I was little. I stayed there taking in his comforting scent when I noticed the strong smell of orchids on him. It wasn't until I heard someone clearing their throat that I realized I was still in his arms trying to remember where I had heard of a scent like this.
 
I could feel her looking at me when I turned around. She was wearing a white shirt and blue jeans. She didn't seem anything special. Stirring my youki it raised up in hopes of intimidating her. It wasn't till her power rose that I felt the miko power in her. Higher I went the stronger hers became until I felt it calming my power. Retreating and pulling the power back in I started to rub my arms trying to get rid of the ghost finger feeling. “this is the breeder you and Sesshoumaru choose?”
 
“Is there a problem Joanne?” Inuyasha asked me. I didn't have the problem but I knew father might think Inuyasha was trying to replace his miko again, like he said Inuyasha had tried to do in the past.
 
“No but Father might not be happy. He believes only his adopted mother should have ever been with you.” I was trying to voice my concerns to him.
 
“It will be alright Joanne. By the way where is the twerp?” giggling at the nick name for Shippo
I was calming down.
 
“He's around. He isn't running the shop today because Aiko got into trouble again. She is going to give father gray hair I am sure of it.” Inuyasha laughed and so did the miko.
 
“Yeah she was born April first so I think it was the day. It jinxed him.”
 
“yeah.” I turned and offered a hand in western style to the miko. She took my hand and shook firmly.
 
“My name is Joanne Modesitt part owner of this shop and you are?” I was trying not to judge her against the stories my father told me when what she said caught me off guard.
 
“Hello. My name is Kagome Higurashi. It's nice to meet you. I hope the little fur ball taught you right since he was always such a trouble maker.” I froze and narrowed my eyes at the woman. She seemed familiar to the description I had from father so I decided to test her.
 
“How would you know he was a trouble maker?” I knew it sounded suspicious but she only smiled.
 
“The kit stole the jewel shards when he met me and you ask how I know he is a trouble maker? Or the fact that he conned all the embarrassing stories out of the western staff and told them to you to torment the brothers? Come, Come now don't take me for an idiot.”
 
My hand fell from hers and my mouth started to open and close like a fish. I couldn't get my throat to work until I heard Inuyasha laugh at me. I turned again and I clenched my fist to punch him in the eye. he never saw it coming and it sent him flying across the room.
 
“You jerk! Here she is my grandmother and you didn't bother to inform our family that she was back? Do you know how upset father is going to be? How long have you known she was here? How did you run into her? How..” a hand suddenly covered my mouth and it took me a moment to realize whose.
 
“Hush wench do you want everyone to know that a 20 year old is the grandmother to a line older then a century? Shut your mouth. I forgot to call him and I even forgot to tell her till earlier today. She has only been back for three days so lets get this done and you can call him okay?”
 
I glared at him hoping he would recoil from the venom in it. He just held me immobile and finally I nodded my head. He let me go slowly and I couldn't blame him I was pissed. Forgetting a moment my anger I turned to the woman who had helped my father and I hugged her. It seemed she wasn't expecting this and it took her a moment to respond. I smelled her scent and memorized it for later. I let go reluctantly and motioned them to follow me since my throat was tight. During the walk I was able to get my emotions under control. Taking a silent deep breath I asked, “What are you here for then puppy?”
 
“She needs special training clothes and weapons. Shippo learned smithing from old Totosai and I need him to make a few weapons for Kagome for any challenges. Also if you are up to it I need you to design a few formal kimonos for the presentation and then later for the ball.” I was already busy with the bed and now this? I tapped my fingers on the counter trying to see who I could drag up to help.
 
“When is the presentation?” I asked to see how long I had.
 
“I believe in 5 to 8 more days. there are a lot of finalizations to be done and we are still in the shopping part.” How slow they were going surprised me some house breeders were only given 5 days to get everything done and the banquets were disasters. I was proud that they were being civil. It showed me again the power this little miko had in changing youkai with out her powers.
 
“You guys are taking a long time if its been three days already.”
 
“We are doing this right and not rushing though we know allot of our enemies would like to see us mess up. They just think we have a pure white. What they don't know as far as we know that she is a miko who knows how to purify and fight. So as long as that holds we are alright I hope.” I had watched the news clips all day yesterday and this morning I knew that he probably hadn't so I had to warn him.
 
“They know that someone with miko powers was with your brother yesterday in the furniture store. There is speculation on whether she is your breeder since he carried her from the store and made them compensate her for the attack.”
 
“Fuck. Well at least its only speculation right now because he has gone out and helped breeders before who were becoming a house breeder. There is a equal chance that it will be taken either way because of the press conference they might think that we have her indoors and not allowing her in public until the presentation.” he grew very irritated but I felt the miko's powers surrounding him calming him down a little. I was grateful because I didn't need him destroying the shop. My father needed to know about Kagome being back.
 
“True. well let me go call me father to come and stop by and we will begin to find some proper training clothes. Be right back.”
 
I walked to the store office and quickly dialed my father's cell phone.
 
Ring..ring...
 
“Hello?
 
“Father this is Joanne.”
 
“Is something wrong at the store dear? I can be over in a minute I was just finishing up.”
 
“No father nothing is wrong but there is someone here that you will want to see.” I couldn't bare the excitement building up.
 
“You sound so excited finally meet your mate?” he joked.
 
“Father SHE is back.” there was silence for a moment when he spoke he was serious.
 
“Do you mean who I think you mean?” his voice trembled.
 
“Yes Father. Kagome is back and with Inuyasha. She is the new house breeder for the Takahashi brothers.” a sob was heard and I so wanted to comfort him.
 
“I'll be there as quickly as I can. Please make sure they don't leave.” his voice was thick with tears and I nodded before I realized he couldn't see it.
 
“I promise. Hurry she is waiting.” the line went dead. He was on his way and I couldn't be happier for him. The woman he had adored for so long was back and I had to wipe tears from my eyes. I hoped that she would recognize him it would make his century.
 
End Of Chapter 22
 
~~~Shippo's P.O.V.~~~
 
The conversation seemed cereal my dream finally coming true. A sob tore from my throat before I could control it. The gentlemen I was talking to a moment ago looked at me concerned and I had to wave it away before I turned to finish with my daughter.
 
“I'll be there as quickly as I can. Please make sure they don't leave.” my voice was ruff with tears.
 
“I promise. Hurry she is waiting.”
 
I hung up the phone gazing at it trying to control my shaking hand. The short conversation repeated over and over in my head. For some reason the tears on my face finally brought the greedy men to be more realistic. So before they changed their minds I hurriedly finished paying them for the damage my daughter had caused. Shoving the important papers into my brief case I grabbed my Aiko's arm and lead her to a meter to call a chair.
 
I waited impatiently for it to arrive. I thought about just making a run for it but the most likely the police would stop me and I couldn't really say why I was in such a hurry. Shifting from foot to foot in nervousness,
 
Finally the chair arrived and I made my daughter sit down before I quickly punched in the destination to the shop. I was so nervous about meeting her again. For a moment I wondered if she remembered me but it was gone when I remembered she came with Inuyasha.
 
Latching onto the words that Kagome had become Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha's breeder was like a punch to my gut. I thought she had loved the idiot so why not become his mate instead of house breeder? I would have to ask her.
 
Any plausible reasons I had didn't make any sense. I worried that maybe she was forced into it but I shook off the stupid idea. Inuyasha wouldn't let Sesshoumaru push her. Come to think of it Sesshoumaru had never really scared her like it should have and she wouldn't have stood for his bullying either. She would just have tried to purify him and that would be that. so her reasons eluded me for now but now that she was back I would have time to ask.
 
I had missed her comforting scent and her mothering me so much it hurt. She had protected me until Inuyasha grew up after she left and took over caring for me until I had grown. I would always be thankful that she hadn't held it against me for stealing from her when we first met. My real mom had taught me better but I was so blinded by my rage at the unforgivable death of my father that I didn't consider the consequences. I shuttered to think what would have happened if I had tried to take some shards from some other demon first. I would have been killed and not known Kagome, Inuyasha, the rest of the gang, nor my mate. I wouldn't have had the big and loving family I have now either.
 
Being patient hadn't gotten any easier as I grew up and it wasn't easy now that my heart desire was only moments away. In the past I tried not to think about what would happen if Kagome was forced to leave so I was a wreck for months when she had. If it wasn't for Inuyasha bashing my head in and one day reminding me that she wasn't dead only taken to the future I probably would have died in grief. Even I had no idea what had happened to her centuries ago when Inuyasha had said she had been from the 1900's. We almost lost hope but if we had missed her then we would be happy to find her soul again and had continued to look.
 
But if what my daughter said was true then she had all her memories of me and the past and was waiting at our store. My daughter finally caught my attention by punching my shoulder. I had been so lost in thought it seems that I missed her trying to talk to me.
 
“Are you alright? Dad what happened on the phone that you were crying?” she raised a hand to my face wiping the tears from my face.
 
“Some good news my dear. Something I have waited a very long time for.” I couldn't help but tease her a little after the trouble she got into today. Her eyebrows drew together and she frowned hard. She looked so cute when she pouted like that.
 
“That doesn't answer the question daddy.”
 
“I know.”
 
“Well why did you say not to let HER leave? You cheating on mom?” her tone was so suspicious and I would have laughed any other time but she always seemed to believe the worst about me. I would never cheat on my mate. she put me back together and we were happy.
 
“No. I am not cheating on my mate. It's just that some one I have longed to see again suddenly reappeared. I thought I would never see her again.”
 
“So what an old girlfriend then?” her face turned into a scowl and I was getting upset. I didn't know why she insisted that I wasn't loyal to my mate. Who had filled her head with these thoughts? I would have to find out later.
 
The other problem was that Aiko was one of the few children of mine that had never believed my story about my adopted mother. She thought they were only bed time stories. I wasn't sure how she would react to Kagome. Maybe seeing her would make her understand. I sighed and shook my head.
 
“No she was older then me, she is someone I have greatly admired. You will treat her with respect Aiko. I have had enough of you causing trouble. She will have no problems putting you in your place.” Her arms crossed and she turned up her nose. Her over confidence that she could beat anything reminded me a lot of Inuyasha before he finally grew a brain. I was truly tired of bailing her out by paying her fines and property damage she caused people. I would have to put my foot down soon.
 
The chair continued on to the shop not caring of the trials and trivialities that plagued my mind. I hoped that maybe Kagome could help me get through to her. She had worked wonders on Inuyasha. Maybe a different kind of subduing necklace? That would be nice. And these comforting thoughts carried me the rest of the way to the shop.
 
~~~Joanne's P.O.V.~~~
 
After I hung up the phone I sat for a moment getting myself together. Carefully locking the door I went back to where I had left puppy and Kagome. I found them talking quietly on a bench when I returned.
 
“Well if you are ready to get started while we wait? I think I am going to make an announcement to ask the others to leave. I think father won't want an audience for his return.” They both nodded and I leaned over the counter making an the speech and asked everyone to come by the counter and I would give them a 15% off voucher for their inconvenience. After making sure all had left I made the door go to thumb scan in order to enter before turning back to the waiting duo.
 
“What would you like to start with first?”
 
“How about clothes? Until Shippo arrives we can't talk about weapons.” said puppy. I nodded and we went over to the specialty clothes. There was a wide selection in colors as well as styles. We had fire rat fur, demon hides, wolf leathers, and many more. They were all either harvested or the in the case of leather and hides taken from rebel demons who had been put to death for disturbing the cities or farmer populations.
 
“Any particular color you would like Kagome?” I saw her gaze go to a skin tight hide and leather combo that was done in black and a light brown. I thought maybe she liked it so I pulled it.
 
“Would you like something like this?” What I hadn't expected was for tears to spring to her eyes. scared that I had done something wrong I glanced at puppy. I tried to mouth my question on what was wrong but he was more concerned about Kagome.
 
“Shh...shh. It's okay Kagome. She lived a long life with that perverted monk. Please don't cry.” Then it came to me. My father said that he had traveled with a monk, demon exterminator with her demon cat, Inuyasha and Kagome. This must have been similar to the outfit he always said the hunter wore in battle. Feeling terrible I tried to apologize.
 
“Kagome I'm sorry. I didn't realize.” I put the garment back and covered it. It took a few minutes but she calmed down. Still sniffling she pushed Inuyasha away wiping her eyes.
 
“No. Don't apologize Joanne. I forgot for a moment that Sango was dead. Being here with you and the Takahashi brothers made me forget that I couldn't just hop back down the well to see my hearts sister. Its hard to think that the strongest woman I knew next to my mom is gone.”
 
Now this was slightly ironic that she would say that. Both Inuyasha and Shippo said she was the strong one of the group. She had kept them going and smiling in the face of adversity. She was the one that put her life on hold to help them get their revenge on their common enemy. Father said she brought him candy and coloring utensils every time she came back. She brought instant food to help the group move faster then having to hunt or work so much for food. It was pleasing to see the humble soul that I had heard so much about. I could see now why they held her in such high esteem.
 
“Well if you are up to it there are other choices like this.” I pulled out a white and red fire rat kimono that was altered to be a fighting one. It hugged the body more then most because it was foolish to allow your opponents something to grab onto.
 
She fingered the material, gazing at it. “Are there any of these in green?” I had to think for a minute but I couldn't think of and of these done in green but I had material I could turn into some.
 
“Sorry to say that we don't right now. We do however have some material in that color that we could turn into some.”
 
“May I see it?” I turned and went towards the wall behind the racks and pulled out the two green colors we had. One was a emerald green with silver highlights and the other a deeper green with brown leaves woven in. Kagome looked them both over unrolling a yard of each to see the pattern.
 
“I like the brighter green with the silver but I think I would like a formal kimono out of it with the style adjustments so I can handle any challenges in it. The other would make nice regular training.”
 
Taking both bolts I placed them on the cutting table for later. “Anything else?”
 
Kagome was looking through the other colors of the fire rat when I heard the front door open. Grinning, I looked at Kagome but she was to busy looking at a purple bolt. The next thing I knew My father had come running towards us yelling something I had never heard. “OKA-SAN!!!!”
 
End of chapter 23
 
~~~Aiko's P.O.V.~~~
 
When we stepped off the chair he grabbed my arm again and hurried to the door. When he tried to open it wouldn't. He seemed frustrated and pulled out a set of keys trying to find a particular one. The problem was his hands were shaking so bad again that he couldn't get the one he wanted. After a few minutes of this I finally grabbed them from his hands. Looking at them I watched as he turned to glare at me.
 
“Give those back Aiko!” He yelled. I just sighed and shook me head but before he could explode I said.
 
“Which one dad? You're wasting time here with your hands shaking ain't getting us inside any faster.” He looked funny holding his breath with his cheeks puffed. He slowly released his breath.
 
“Its the longest one. It goes in the hole there by the door unlock it and push aside the panel below. Joanne has set the door to thumb scan.”
 
I did as instructed and realized that I really had never been here. This was his shop, he seemed to always be here instead of at home where he belonged. Mom never complained but she wanted more of his time. I hated how he treated her but she still loved him and I wasn't going to ruin her happiness. But this woman he wanted to meet raised my suspicions.
 
Finally he pressed his hand to the scanner and opened the door. After we stepped inside he froze and I heard him take a deep breath through his nose. Wondering why I sniffed too. There were three strong scents in the store. One I instantly knew as my sister, another as uncle Inu, and the last was almost over powering. The smell of orchids as fresh as a summer bloom filled the store.
 
I watched as his head whipped around until He saw someone near the training outfits. The next thing I knew he was running and I heard his joyous yell of, “OKA-SAN!!!!” I was rooted to the floor by the door. I had never heard him like that. I knew his real mom was dead. Very slowly it dawned on me that maybe my father's stories about the miko from the future were true. After I had hit puberty the stories he told seemed like nothing but fairy tales. Who had ever really heard of a miko taking care of a youkai? So I stopped believing in them and constantly scolded my father for going on about something that supposedly happen so long ago.
 
I had seen the hurt in his eyes many times when I had said I didn't believe it but he never tried to change my opinion. He respected me and let me think what I wanted. Now it seemed I was the one who was wrong. I watched as he hugged a woman and mumble her name over and over. I slowly made my way over and until I could see her. She was just like he had described. The tears on her face as she said, “my son, my son” was heart wrenching.
 
I knew my father had been raised differently then other youkai. He allowed us our freedoms and doted on us. Always coming when we needed help or a shoulder to cry on. I had seen many of my friends get beaten in their house for voicing their opinions. Though I was not happy about how father treated mom, I could never say he had ever really hurt me. He had punished me and scolded me but had never laid a hand or anything else on me. According to Uncle Inu it had been her influence that had changed him. But since I hadn't believed the stories I just thought that it was because he had traveled with humans and had picked up their ways instead of youkai ones.
 
I never disbelieved the story of him following Inuyasha and his group. I just never could believe a humans heart, let alone a miko, could ever truly love a child youkai enough to raise it as their own. now here in this store right now in front of me stood the so called miko that I hadn't trusted calling my father her son. My throat closed in on itself and tears stung my eyes. Even If I had hated humans this was something that could turn the coldest heart. It didn't matter to either of them that my father was almost nine centuries older then his so called mother the joy of their reunion surpassed age.
 
Finally their embrace ended and I watched as she looked up at my father his face in her hands. One hand ruffled his hair as she grinned.
 
“My you turned out so handsome Shippo. I hear you had a large family. I already met Joanne so when do I get to meet the rest of my grand children?” her aura was so calming just like he had said and her smile was genuine. I looked at Uncle Inu to see an actual smile on his face with his arms crossed.
 
“Keh! He told them so many stories we might have to leave the city before they come pounding on the western office's doors.”
 
“Never Inuyasha! I want to meet them! You had all this time to get to know them and I have only been here three days! So hush up before I S-I-T you.” it was funny to see her wagging her finger at Uncle Inu like he was a small child in so much trouble. He softly kehed again but remained silent. I had never seen anyone shut him up when he didn't want to.
 
“Well we could have a get together next week. It will take a little while to gather my way ward children back to Japan.”
 
“That's fine though we might take longer then that Shippo. I still have the presentation to do.” My father frowned at that.
 
“That reminds me Kagome. I know this isn't any of my business but I thought you loved Inuyasha. Why didn't you just become his mate instead of house breeder?” Kagome sucked in a deep breath and Inuyasha pushed her aside and grabbed my dad by the throat.
 
“Damn straight it ain't your business twerp. I should beat you for that.” he was growling hard and low.
 
“Inuyasha put him down! He knew how we were before. It wouldn't make sense to him. Hell I had to explain it to you remember?” Slowly the growling faded and so did the massive amounts of youki. Breathing a sigh of relief I watched as Inuyasha set papa down. Kagome made Inuyasha step back behind her again.
 
“Shippo do you remember what I told you of my time?”
 
“Nearly everything why?”
 
“Shippo this isn't my original timeline. I was born almost 400 years ago the first time. My wish changed everything. Youkai had all but died out before. There was no cohabiting in peace. as far as any average human knew demons had never existed. But this time my wish allowed you all to survive.”
 
“In my original time there was no breeder program no wide spread manipulation of the gene pools. I would have married and had my husband's children only. I was never raised with the knowledge I would give birth to others children and be forced to give them up. When I awoke on my 20 birthday I had those values and I still do. I couldn't be a regular breeder. If I had become Inuyasha's mate then I would still have had to serve my time as a regular breeder. This way I keep all children I bear. Like I would have kept you even though I didn't birth you, I would have finished raising you as my own.”
 
“I couldn't do it. I couldn't carry a child and not be the one to raise it. It would eventually kill me Shippo. That's why I choose this. The jewel gave me a life where I never fell behind in school, never disappointed my mom, let me keep a future, allowed you all to survive, but no wish is perfect. I had to give up becoming Inuyasha's mate to stay by his side. Ironic no? Before it was a undead priestess and now its the rules of the city.” her words I could tell were heart felt.
 
She had survived so much and gone through hell only to have her one heart's desire go up in smoke. But she made due with it and she was here. She could have given up and went on her marry way. In that moment I knew my father's stories were true and this was the woman I had to thank for such a loving father and family. here was someone who had sacrificed everything and still didn't get her wish. I almost pitied her but her spirit was not one that asked for it. She remained strong and continued on. My father's favorite words came to me when he had described her.
 
“She would never call herself beautiful and it was true she wasn't. But it was her soul, her heart, her smile in the face of adversity that was. She never gave up on us, she wouldn't let ourselves give up. That is what I remember the most about her. The comforting arms of her embrace when we suffered a loss, her soft words of sympathy and encouragement when we were injured, and her determination to make us laugh and continue on living. it was these characteristics that made her the most beautiful woman in the world and I had the honor of calling her mom.”
 
In my youth that had always made me cry. My father had said I always reminded him of her. My hard headedness to get my own way, the way I enjoyed the moment, and the fact that I never let anyone push me around. After I grew I lashed out at the supposed reminders of a woman I had never met. I hated being a reminder when I was my own person. But again I am a reminder because she had suffered the same from Uncle Inu when he thought of her as a copy or reminder of his first love. Nothing I seemed to do was my own unless I was destructive. So I became destructive and he finally seemed to see the real me. Even with the disappointment in his eyes I was happy because he didn't see me as her anymore.
 
Life was to full of ironies....
 
~~~Joanne's P.O.V.~~~
 
My heart soared when I saw her and father embrace. The stories were true and here was the most heart warming reunion I had ever seen. Kagome's tears and whispered words made tears come to my own eyes. I would forever remember the look of gratitude on his face as he held her tight. I had rarely seen my father cry but here he was gushing tears.
 
I looked past them to see my sister Aiko. She was pale and though I could tell she was warmed by the sight like I was, she was looking on as if it were some kind of horror. Her face slowly crumpled from its usual mask of haughtiness to absolute shock. her mouth opened to speak but whatever words she said I could not hear.
 
I looked back at my father and could almost see him as a kid again being in Kagome's arms. The years lifted away and his eyes held a brilliance that I hadn't seen. It was almost as if he had been partially dead and now was revitalized. I wondered how mom would take it to see him so happy again. I could tell he would be the life of the reunion party and most likely make a fool of himself but that was him. He would do anything for those he loved. For this moment in time I was glad I had some small par t in it. Some last piece that helped make him whole again.
 
I had a feeling that things were about to change, whether for the better or worse had yet to be decided. But no matter what lay in tomorrow, here in this moment, We were all happy and that for now was all that mattered.
 
End of chapter 24
 
~~~Shippo's P.O.V.~~~
 
For all I knew I had flown through the air and into my mothers arms. I had been worried when I first entered that it wasn't her. I quickly took a deep breath and came away with her unforgettable scent. I scanned the store and when I saw her I was gone.
 
She was here. She was real. It wasn't a dream. Home. Comfort. Happiness. Acceptance. Love.
 
Over and over I could only feel and think these things. My heart felt like to was about to explode. For the first time since she left I felt at peace. My hearts longing had stopped and had filled with joy. Here, here was the woman who loved me, took care of me, and taught me. here was my heart's mother.
 
The gratitude I felt for her safe return poured out of me. That my hope all this time had just been justified floored me. That she was in my arms was priceless.
 
When I finally let her go she held my face in her hands. She looked at me closely and then she ruffled my hair like she had done when I was a kit.
 
“My you turned out so handsome Shippo. I hear you had a large family. I already met Joanne so when do I get to meet the rest of my grand children?” I didn't think my heart could warm anymore but it did to know that she considered my children her grand children.
 
“Keh! He told them so many stories we might have to leave the city before they come pounding on the western office's doors.” I was slightly offended because I knew my kits had better manners than that.
 
“Never Inuyasha! I want to meet them! You had all this time to get to know them and I have only been here three days! So hush up before I S-I-T you.” My mind flashed back to when she had done the same thing when she had wanted to go home. I smiled and relaxed even more knowing that she was here to stay. I spoke up hoping to avoid an argument and keep her attention awhile longer.
 
“Well we could have a get together next week. It will take a little while to gather my way ward children back to Japan.” I quickly tried to think of all the ones that weren't in the country.
 
“That's fine though we might take longer then that Shippo. I still have the presentation to do.” I frowned in remembrance. I had hopes that she would mate him and then they could adopt me like I always thought they would.
 
“That reminds me Kagome. I know this isn't any of my business but I thought you loved Inuyasha. Why didn't you just become his mate instead of house breeder?” I was entirely confused. I knew it was too personal when I heard her gasp and saw Inuyasha lift me by the neck. It was hard to breath but he wasn't choking me so I held perfectly still.
 
“Damn straight it ain't your business twerp. I should beat you for that.” he was growling hard and low. He hadn't done that to me in a long time and I grew afraid.
 
“Inuyasha put him down! He knew how we were before. It wouldn't make sense to him. Hell I had to explain it to you remember?” Slowly the growling faded and so did the massive amounts of youki. I was never so thankful that she could calm him as I was right now.
 
“Shippo do you remember what I told you of my time?” She came back over to me and looked at my neck.
 
“Nearly everything why?”
 
“Shippo this isn't my original timeline. I was born almost 400 years ago the first time. My wish changed everything. Youkai had all but died out before. There was no cohabiting in peace. As far as any average human knew demons had never existed. But this time my wish allowed you all to survive.” It was hard to believe but I continued to listen.
 
“In my original time there was no breeder program no wide spread manipulation of the gene pools. I would have married and had my husband's children only. I was never raised with the knowledge I would give birth to others children and be forced to give them up. When I awoke on my 20 birthday I had those values and I still do. I couldn't be a regular breeder. If I had become Inuyasha's mate then I would still have had to serve my time as a regular breeder. This way I keep all children I bear. Like I would have kept you even though I didn't birth you, I would have finished raising you as my own.” It started to make sense and I kicked myself for forgetting the rules of breeders. Of course my mom wouldn't be able to give up a child she had carried it wasn't in her nature.
 
“I couldn't do it. I couldn't carry a child and not be the one to raise it. It would eventually kill me Shippo. That's why I choose this. The jewel gave me a life where I never fell behind in school, never disappointed my mom, let me keep a future, allowed you all to survive, but no wish is perfect. I had to give up becoming Inuyasha's mate to stay by his side. Ironic no? Before it was a undead priestess and now its the rules of the city.” her eyes had filled up with tears again. So I did the only think I could and I hugged her again. I berried my nose in her neck taking in as much of her scent as I was able.
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~
 
When Shippo ran into my arms I had a hard time recognizing my little son in the handsome man. After a hug and some tears I looked at him closely noting his new looks and features before I messed up his hair. The following confrontation about his question was unneeded but Shippo hadn't remembered something important about me. He couldn't have understood at that age the meaning of everything and then after I was gone there was no one to explain. He took it rather well though and now giving him another hug I just couldn't immediately get over the differences.
 
Reluctantly letting go I finally noticed he hadn't come alone. Turning I saw another female again with the bright red hair but brown eyes like mine. She was a little taller then me and the look on her face was hard to describe. It was like she swallowed something wrong.
 
“Shippo who is this?” I looked back at the woman. “Are you alright?”
 
The woman looked at me and nodded hastily while Shippo came up beside her and lead her to me.
 
“This is Aiko one of my youngest daughters mom. She was the one in trouble before I got back.”
 
Aiko ducked her head and seemed ashamed. So I held out a hand which she blindly took.
 
“It's a pleasure to meet you Aiko.” I smiled at her hoping she would look at me but she didn't. Frowning at her lack of response I shrugged it off. Not everyone liked me and maybe she didn't or maybe she was shy.
 
“Anyway Shippo I need some weapons for any challengers and so I can train. I hear you learned from old Totosai, I'm so proud Shippo. I never thought you would be a black smith.”
 
I watched as his cheeks turned a little red and I giggled. He was still adorable.
 
“um..er..I mean yeah I can make you something but I have some things in the back that I had made with you in mind. Do you want to look at them?” I was pleased he had made something for me and nodded my head. We all followed him to the back where a large furnace was and other black smithing supplies were. Since I didn't know what the somethings were called I just admired the tools and things.
 
He took down a few boxes and one was rather large. Opening a small box were a couple of throwing daggers and two knives. I picked one of the knives up and looked at it. The craftsmanship was astounding. The hilt had a replica of my face done in steel. I placed the blade point down on the table and let go. It stayed upright being sharp enough to pierce the table and perfectly balanced that it didn't fall. I carefully placed it back in the box.
 
The next was almost a foot and a half long and inside were two sais.(Think of the movie Electra. The weapons almost are duplicates of hers.) She picked both up and crossed them in front of her. Almost immediately a shield went up around her. Impressed she uncrossed them and placed them back in the box. The last was almost 3 feet long and it was really wide. Opening the box she gasped. Inside was the most beautiful bow she had ever seen. Taking it out she set herself on a draw position. The pull was stronger then what she was used to but in time she could handle it. With reverence of putting a scared item away she carefully shut the box with tears stinging her eyes again.
 
“Its all beautiful Shippo. It's more then I could have ever asked for. How much?” my voice wavered because these pieces were not cheap. The materials alone must have cost and arm and a leg. unfortunately I fell in love with everything the moment I saw it. To know that he had made it for me or at least with me in mind was humbling.
 
“Mama.” he voice was soft and made me look up at him. “These are for you. I will not take money for art. I made them to protect you like you did me. I know I wasn't the easiest kit and this is my thanks. Do not dishonor me by paying for them.”
 
That was when more tears fell. I had to accept them now for I couldn't bear to dishonor his gift. He had grown into a wonderful man. Shyly I nodded and he sighed and just like that all was right between us.
 
Time had separated us before but we were reunionited. The hurt was laid to rest and we were now free to reestablish our relationship. It lifted a thousand worries from my shoulders.
 
“She needs practice weapons also Shippo. those we will pay for.” said Inuyasha. I had to agree because this was expensive even if it was an honor.
 
“Very well I make a pair of blunt sais and find some throw worthy daggers for her to practice with. The knives are for close defense only if she gets unarmed but I will find a not so noticeable pair for practice.” Shippo said as he turned and looked through several bins of blades.
 
In under and hour after that we had our purchases and the designs for the kimonos made. A tearful farewell was given and I gave Shippo Sesshoumaru's house number for him to call me. Inuyasha and I set off but not before I remembered.
 
“Ah ha... You are now going to take me to the drum concert right?” He groaned and rubbed his head.
 
“I was so hoping you forgot.”
 
“Nope. Not on your life!” I smiled like a mad man.
 
“Okay but before we go I want food and to drop off this stuff okay?” A little disappointed but also hungry I agreed. It made sense since I wasn't going to eat at moms. My heart was light with happiness of seeing Shippo again and I was trilled with all the grand kids to spoil. Life was good.
 
End of Chapter 25
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
After returning to the office I sat for a moment in my chair thinking about Kagome. `Today had proved very productive and if she can continue to calm my beast like she did. hmm very interesting.' The benefits of having her as a breeder just went up. To be able to be this calm and act quickly on what angers me and letting it go rather then it sticking with me and causing stress, oh yes the benefits are good.
 
I went back to work and had to call up my secretaries three times to bring in more work. What usually took me three days I did in little over half of one. I breezed through the contracts, settlements, and arranging court dates for failed deliveries that usually left me with a headache before noon. I believe I heard my secretaries cussing at the third call. Smirking evilly I was proud of myself. `Those lazy wenches have gotten used too used to a light work load. This will whip them back into shape and allow me to take the day of tomorrow to get Kagome outfitted for the presentation. A very productful day indeed.'
 
I ordered a late lunch since it was around three. When it came I looked at the list of things left to do. The negotiations would be done tonight and I was training her starting tomorrow since I received notification that she got her weapons. All her other belongings had been placed in her room. I had to wait yet for the mattress and the training garments but something old of hers would work until her training clothes arrived since I wouldn't be dueling with her for a while yet.
 
Taking things slow like we were would allow me and my brother to refresh our fighting skills and allow me to find a coach for her dinner etiquette and for her miko powers. This had been the smoothest contract he had had if you didn't count the media. Having to up security was going to cost more money then he wanted but he also enjoyed his peace and quiet. After the initial rush he had been able to threaten the cities news groups into keeping it down but since they had their spies to be their eyes and ears everywhere avoiding them would be the problem. Reporters also were everywhere and once they knew who it was his breeder it would get crazy again.
 
The problems were only beginning and all of it was someone's fault. Which lead to the problem of his disappearing secretary. He had the city police looking into it and had changed all the codes to those programs he knew she had access to and his personal ones. He also changed his banking information and codes to make sure that she hadn't peaked into those either.
 
His bank account information was due any day now and he was going to go over it with a fine tooth comb. The wench had been able to get into his personal files or some how knew he had taken a breeder and leaked it to the press. Once found she was going up on charges of invasion to privacy and answering personally to his court. He could torture her if he so desired and could kill her if the need arose or if she was into more then he thought she was. Actually he was having all his secretaries reviewed by the police and his personal finance manager. He would get to the bottom of this in time. Meanwhile he had better start the search for the teachers he would need starting with her miko powers since getting a valid teacher would take a little doing. Turning to his computer he brought up the list of registered Mikos. Lets see.
 
Akako.
age 214.
Training complete.
Runs temple in Southeastern Japan.
Not taking students at current time.
 
`that's a no then.'
 
Dai
age 145
Training complete
Lives in western Japan as a breeder
Not taking students at this time
 
`another no.'
 
Scanning down the list he happened upon Etsu.
 
Etsu
age 204
Training complete
Lives in eastern Japan
Currently working may be looking for a student
 
`ah. someone here on this side of Japan, maybe she can help me. I'll bring up the rest of her information to see if she is what I need.'
 
Special training: specializes in helping the late start mikos or tough cases with training, all around etiquette teacher, formal dance instructor, and basic weapons instructor.
 
Secondary classes: Speech trainer, accountant, retired breeder, midwife training, and soup chef.
 
Listed below are references and confidential information Please have proper clearance.
 
`It seems that if she is accepting student this is my best choice. I wonder how she will handle Kagome. A tough case would be an understatement. she can also coach Kagome on the presentation. This might be easier then I thought.' (Of course you know everyone dooms themselves when they begin to think like this right? heh heh)
 
Ring..ring..ringgggg
 
“Hello Ms. Yoleen speaking.”
 
“yes Ms. Yoleen this is Mr. Takahashi.”
 
“Which one of you am I speaking to.”
 
“The elder.”
 
“Ah Sesshoumaru. What are you calling me for?”
 
“I was wondering if you were taking on students at the moment.”
 
“Why do you need to know that?”
 
“If you have watched the news you'll know that my brother and I have finally decided on a breeder. It turns out that she is also a miko in need of training. I can't have her purifying any combatants in her challenges.”
 
“Hmm. Yes I can see the problem if she purified another breeder or killed one. So she needs training does she?'
 
“Yes she has some control and can shoot purifying arrows. Along with an assortment of other things but other then the arrow not much is constant.”
 
“Do you have any idea what these other things are?”
 
“A few but they are not things to speak of over the phone Ms. Yoleen.”
 
“You are trying to be mysterious about this girl. Why?”
 
“I am not trying to be mysterious about it just some things she has done are not in the ordinary.”
 
“Very well. My time is not cheap Mr. Takahashi. I charge more when the girls I train work with demons. However, if she has not been corrupted I might make an exception.”
 
“Corrupted?! Woman you will explain yourself.”
 
“I find that women who become breeders for demons are usually one of a few things. A.) Money hungry since demons pay the most. B.) Power Hungry C.) Looking for a easy life style. D.) They don't want to bare a lot of children. Or E.) So besotted with demons good looks that they are useless. The list can go on and are not necessarily ranked in that order. A breeder has more temptations with youkai, especially mikos. Sometimes they are purposely corrupted for youkai gain. Once I see the girl I will know if she had started this path and if so I charge more to set her to rights. If she is not then like I said I might make an exception.”
 
“She is not corrupted in any manner such as those you listed. She is a pure white! I sense no evil from her.”
 
“That may be so but sometimes a darker heart can lie within a pure body. I will be by in one to two days to see her. Make preparations for my arrival.” with that Etsu hung up the phone.
 
`The wench thinks she can order me around?' he snarled and growled at the phone in his hand before replacing it in its receiver. `She will be dealt with.' His mind raced through some darker thoughts before suddenly the elevator beeped at him.
 
Looking up he saw Kagome and Inuyasha standing there with smiles. Though the smiles faded when they saw him. He watched as Kagome slowly approached after placing a few bags down. his beast was raging at the thought that some old wench called this pure being in front of him corrupted. That she dare to order him around. His thoughts were interrupted by two small arms going around his shoulders. Almost immediately he calmed. her power gently coaxing his beast back to its cage. Though still very angry he was back in control. He took a deep breath again noticing her very pleasing smell.
 
Patting her arms to show he was alright she gave one last squeeze before letting go. “what has gotten you so upset Fluffy?” asked his brother. Growling at him I answered.
 
“Something we will discuss later. For now I believe you have finished your shopping?”
 
“Yep. We were here to get something to eat as well as drop off this stuff. Want to come with us to the drum concert before we head over to mama's?” I raised my eyebrow wondering how she got my brother to agree to go. I however wasn't going to fall for it.
 
“No. I still have work to complete if I want to leave tomorrow to help get you outfitted Kagome.” her smile turned into a pout and even I couldn't say she didn't look cute. Something flashed across her face and the next moment she moved slightly and it no longer was cute but dare I say it sexy. It was then I took a look at her clothes.
 
Kagome was wearing a long dress with her arms showing. The dress seemed to be a dark blue with a slight shimmer. It was tight around her chest with a v-neck stopping at the top of her breasts. It had ridging on the waist making it seem smaller before flaring out in a full skirt that flowed when she walked. The dress stopped just short of her ankles revealing a mild heel with silver and black on them. Her hair was down and I noticed it was past her waist line slightly. Overall she looked very put together and sophisticated. no longer the young girl I had in my office just days prior.
 
She walked back to me the dress swaying gently. I had never really felt like this. Like I was the one being stalked. Her movements were fluid and she reached my side to quickly. I had been enjoying watching her walk.
 
She leaned over my arm to look me directly in the eye. I took a quick note that there was almost no makeup on her face other then a light eye shadow and blush. I couldn't tell if she had on lipstick or just gloss and at the moment I was very tempted to find out.
 
She was getting under my skin and making me react to her presence. I wasn't sure if I like the idea or not. Her smile was intense like she had some secret to share. her eyes twinkling and bright.
 
“Please Sesshoumaru? Inuyasha's going and I thought it might be fun for you to go to. Get out of the stuffy office. Besides this way we are all together to head over to mama's. Please.” the last word was stressed and gave my imagination ideas on how to make her say it like that again. My lower half tightened with that whispered word and My breathing changed. I looked at her and knew I had lost. her face was so pleading I nodded before I could stop.
 
Her smile intensified to an uncharted degree and she gave a very happy squeal. Her arms lopped around my neck and she pressed her lips to mine. To shocked to respond to the chaste kiss she quickly let go with a darker blush on her cheeks.
 
“I think I'll leave you two to discuss whatever while I make myself some dinner.” She stammered quietly before almost running to the elevator and pushing the button to ride up. I was still sitting there stunned when my brother broke out laughing. Glancing at him he spoke.
 
“I told her there was no way you'd come. She changed in Joanne's store and came out looking like that and then said `oh yeah?' and I had nodded. She only grabbed my arm and came here. I just never thought she could do that. We're whipped fluffy and its only been three days.”
 
Though I disagreed with being whipped she had gotten what she wanted when I was set against it. But for some reason I wasn't all that upset. If she wanted to play with fire I was more then happy to oblige. licking my lips in anticipation to the chase I noticed the slight taste of fruit. So it was gloss. Interesting.
 
end of chapter 26
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V.~~~
I had still been laughing at the fact we were in so much trouble when I saw Sesshoumaru lick his lips. He stilled for a moment and an unholy gleam entered his eyes. I knew that look. It was the one were he used to chase me down when we were getting to know each other again. I knew I had crossed the line when I saw that look for he made sure to do twice as bad to me as to whatever I had done to him. I had a feeling Kagome was in for it. Though what he was planning I wasn't entirely sure because I wasn't sure how attracted he was to her. I shrugged my shoulders trying to push away the jealousy, she was both of ours he had every right to chase her if he wanted but he wasn't allowed to mark her. These thoughts finally calmed me down and I remembered that we had something to discuss. “Want to tell me now what had you so upset Sesshoumaru?”
 
He seemed to get angry again at just the mention of whatever it was. “I was looking for a teacher for her powers. I found one that might take her as a student but even if she wants to I might send her away.”
 
“Oh? Why is that?” This was curious.
 
“She is exactly what we need given that she is a miko, etiquette teacher, and a midwife. However, she insists on coming to see Kagome and see if she is in any way `corrupted'.” My eyes flashed red and now I was angry. There was no way Kagome was corrupted.
 
“That wench shall pay for those words.” I growled.
 
“Yes she shall. But that is not all.” he stated angrily.
 
“There's more to this insult?” Disbelief was in my voice for no one in over a hundred years had insulted our honor.
 
“She says that she charges more for miko's who become house breeders to Youkai because the females are more open to temptation in our midst. She gave a whole list of possible reasons for a female to become corrupted and said that she would check Kagome over for any such taint. If any was found she said and I quote `set her to rights'.” We both growled and I could see where Sesshoumaru would become pissed off. Hell I was about ready to dissect the unknown woman.
 
“Feh! She is probably the corrupted one. Do we know any good miko's that can check her out first?” I was worried about her trying to turn Kagome against us.
 
“As a matter of fact I do. The problem is whether she is still alive.” I snorted.
 
“Well we can discuss this more later. It seems we have a concert to attend and negotiations to finish. We might as well see what Kagome has whipped up. Besides its a semi formal concert and I have to change.” I pushed my worries away for now there was still much to do tonight.
 
“I'll be up in a minute. I have to set the work to my secretaries so that they remain busy.”
 
“Okay. Don't take to long.” and with that I left hoping that I could recover my good mood for Kagome, she was really looking forward to this.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
Inuyasha had taken the news better then I had thought. The wench would have to wait. Kagome wanted us to attend with her the Drum Concert. Opening my desk drawer I took out some pain relievers made for youkai's faster digestion. Though drums were better then singers the vibrations would give me a headache. Taking them now gave them a chance to start working before I had to sit down.
 
With a quick drink they were gone. I stood up brushing off my clothes wondering if I should change. I wanted this for the negotiations and didn't want to have to come back here to change again. So that said no to the idea of changing. Sighing I walked to the elevator and went down with a pile of papers that my secretaries needed to finish in the next two days. Taking time to outline their net couple of days took longer then I wanted but I was free now until 8 am the day after tomorrow. Reentering the elevator I typed in the code and waited.
 
Smirking a little at the thought of upping Kagome in the chase left me in a much better mood then a few minutes ago. Stepping off the elevator I could smell something good cooking but it wasn't done yet. Walking into the kitchen I saw Kagome standing over a pot of soup. Curious to how she good the soup was I quietly came up behind her and wrapped my one arm around and griped her hand to raise the spoon to my mouth. She had jumped at the initial contact but allowed me to taste the soup.
 
To my surprise it was edible to me. Usually human food tasted to dull or way to spicy for me. looking at her I could see that her face was red. Mentally congratulating myself at seeing the tables turned when I smelled just a hint of arousal. I reluctantly let go and stepped back. She was watching me with an intensity that made me want her more, remembering to keep upping her I gently licked my lips clean and her smell intensified.
 
“Very good. How much longer?” She seemed dazed as if that wasn't what she had been expecting me to say.
 
“Um. About twenty minutes or so I think.” I nodded and sat down at the breakfast table watching her the entire time. Her head ducked shyly and she turned back to her soup. I knew it was getting to her, to not look or to shoo me out of the kitchen. What surprised me was that she had made it through me staring at her and finally placed a bowl of soup in front of me. She sat across and was eating her own bowl when Inuyasha reappeared. He got his own bowl and we all sat in companionable silence eating. My brother and I had refills and then stored the soup away. I gathered my briefcase to take with me for the contracts of negotiations and we set off.
 
In the chair she sat between us with her hands holding Inuyasha's but her head was leaning on my shoulder. deciding to be a little bold I put one arm around her shoulders. She didn't shy away in fact she cuddled closer. Much to my surprise but I wasn't going to complain. The trip was quiet and we arrived at the rather large ampatheather park.
 
Inuyasha paid for the way in and we found seats close to the front for Kagome to watch but not so close that Inuyasha's or my ears would pound to heavily afterwards. They dimmed the lighting in the park and since it was almost 5 p.m. the sun cast a golden glow to the stage. In minutes the concert began.
 
Kagome was so excited that she held one of my hands and one of Inuyasha's. I wasn't so concerned at watching the drummers as I was watching her face. She closed her eyes and sighed in what I believed was contentment. After a while I was finally able to pull away trying not to imagine her face in a similar pose after something much different. Taking a quick look around I noticed several females glaring. Following their gaze I realized they were glaring at Kagome. The scent of their jealousy was strong. When the first set had ended Kagome had opened her eyes. She looked to me first and noticed I was looking at the other females glaring at them for glaring at my breeder.
 
She must have realized what the stares were about and she played on it. Releasing my hand she reached up and cupped my face bringing it to look at her. She raised herself up and kissed me. Shocked though I was at her being so bold in public I knew she was trying to send a message to the other women so I played along. Only this time it wasn't a chaste kiss. I felt her lips part slightly against mine and I followed suit. I almost pulled back when her tongue touched mine but her taste that immediately got to me and I ventured deeper. There was a slight after taste of the soup which added to the flavor of the candy I tasted. My blood was starting to boil and I could feel my beast rattling its cage. Eventually she pulled back for air and again I licked my lips tasting the fruit of her lip gloss.
 
She released my face and I watched her pant. I knew red was swirling in my eyes and I also knew I was painfully aroused. Her scent which I had thought strong earlier was nothing compared to now. I could relate as to why my brother lost control I was a full demon and that scent called even more strongly to me. She leaned and rested her face against my chest and I wrapped an arm around her glancing at my brother.
 
He looked slightly upset and I knew why. But we had agreed she was ours and a deal between brothers was binding. Even if I wanted to my honor and my word bound my beast from marking her no matter my condition. So I gave him a half smile and whispered to him, “She was trying to make the other women even more jealous. Would you like to join in the fun?” I think he finally looked around and realized that almost the entire section had their eyes on us. All the women were glaring and When Inuyasha saw that he nodded.
 
He reached for Kagome bringing her relaxed body against him. Kagome looked dazed when he leaned in and kissed her. At first it was chaste but I watched as he deepened it. Kagome being an all to willing participant. I could feel a slight jealousy making itself known to me so I watched the faces of those around us preparing for any trouble. The women had one of three reactions loathing at what had happened, Longing that they were Kagome, or envious to an extreme. The men didn't look much better wanting such a beauty to themselves.
 
After the second kiss Kagome had a truly dreamy look about her. Swaying slightly we moved closer to hold her upright. Our arms criss crossed across her back and again she laid her head on my shoulder and took Inuyasha's hand. She snuggled into the material of my shirt and for the rest of the concert we sat peacefully enjoying one of the rare opportunities to truly relax.
 
To my ever lasting surprise the concert was good and the vibrations hadn't been as bad as I expected. It was a memorizing performance with tumblers, jugglers, drummers, and the occasional singer. Just before 7:30 and only half way through the concert we headed back to the sidewalk to call for a chair. Though the day had been stressful being together with her made it all seem to melt away. I wasn't sure if she was using her powers or not but the feeling felt nice.
 
It had been a long time since I could relax like this. Too long in my opinion. The chair arrived and again she sat between us though laying her head on Inuyasha's shoulder then mine.
 
“That was nice guys . Could we do it again sometime?” Over her head I looked to my brother. he shrugged and I didn't mind now that I was here.
 
“Yes This Sesshoumaru would like that.”
 
“Hey! Kagome I wouldn't mind going either. The idiot forgot to mention me!”
 
“This Sesshoumaru did no such thing. I only stated my preference since you didn't answer.”
 
“But I..oh never mind. Yes Kagome we both wouldn't mind doing this again.”
 
“Good. Wake me when we get there?”
 
“Yes.” we said in unison.
 
end of chapter 27
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V. (This backtracks a little)~~~
 
When we had gotten to the office I knew I had to win the non spoken bet between me and Inuyasha. Different plans ran through my mind as to how to go about it. When we reached Sesshoumaru's office we were both smiling enjoying teasing each other on how the visit with Shippo had gone. When the elevator door opened Sesshoumaru's aura of anger descended upon us and left me breathless with the weight of his anger.
 
Inuyasha recovered faster then I did asking fluffy what was wrong. he just avoided answering so I stepped in.
 
“Yep. We were here to get something to eat as well as drop of this stuff. Want to come with us to the drum concert before we head over to Mama's?” I watched as his eyebrow rose and knew he was going to be difficult about it.
 
“No. I still have work to complete if I want to leave tomorrow to help get you outfitted Kagome.” I was upset and I crossed my arms and pouted for a minute until I caught the smirk on Inuyasha's face. I had to win. Suddenly the idea to try seducing him again crossed my mind and I changed my stance a little and watched as his eyes narrowed and then roam me over top to bottom. Being very pleased that it worked I started towards him making sure to add a sway to my hips that made the skirt flare.
 
I walked carefully being as that I was in heels and hadn't ever really worn them before. I allowed my arms to swing with my stride a little enough that they gently brushed my breasts making them move slightly. His eyes widened taking in my form in motion and could see red stir just a little.
 
Getting to his side I leaned over one arm to make sure I had eye contact. “Please Sesshoumaru? Inuyasha's going and I thought it might be fun for you to go. Get out of the stuffy office. Besides this way we can all go together to head over to mama's. Please.” I stressed the last word in a breathless whisper. I wasn't sure he noticed but he swallowed hard before his head nodded his eyes never leaving mine. My smile brightened and before I could think about it and chicken out I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a chaste kiss on the lips.
 
Pulling away quickly so he wouldn't have the chance to push me away or pull me closer I mumbled something and dashed to the elevator. My heart was fluttering in my chest and I couldn't believe that I just kissed Sesshoumaru and didn't get killed. When the elevator stopped I stepped out a little unsteady on my feet. I tried to get my mind off what I had done and food was a good choice since I was hungry.
 
I entered the kitchen and stuck my head in the cupboards and found ingredients for soup. hoping that I wouldn't get in trouble for making myself at home I got started. It was a simple noodle and vegetable soup slightly spicy but not too hot. I heard the elevator beep and I peaked around the corner to see Inuyasha get off.
 
“Hey where's Fluffy?”
 
“He'll be a few more minutes said he had to get his secretaries to work on the stuff he had done.”
 
“Oh. Okay, then what are you going to do?”
 
“I'm getting a shower and a change of clothes. I'll be ready in about 25 minutes.”
 
“The soup should be done by then. Be quick!” I called after him as he had already started done the hall.
 
I was stirring the soup when I the elevator beeped again. I paid it no mind since I knew who it was. What I wasn't expecting was him to come up behind me and take hold of my hand to taste the soup. I stiffened and was to shocked to move away. When he said, “Very good. How much longer?” It took me a moment to gather my thoughts because watching him eat was captivating.
 
I told him a ruff estimate and turned back to the soup. His eyes felt like they were boring into my back. I tried to shrug it off and was thankful when the soup was done faster then I had thought. Quickly dishing out two bowls I turned to place one in front of him and then retrieved a couple of spoons I had on the counter before sitting at my own bowl. I avoided eye contact because I didn't want him to see the blush I could still feel. The silence was comfortable and Inuyasha joined us minutes later. Once we were done I cleaned up a little and stowed away the soup.
 
We left and called the chair. I purposely sat between them and held Inuyasha's hand. He looked rather nice in the long sleeved red shirt and black dress pants but Sesshoumaru's slightly baggy sleeve was comfy. When Sesshoumaru wrapped an arm around me I couldn't help but snuggled a little closer.
 
When we arrived we stood up and walked to the gate Sesshoumaru's arm stay ed around my shoulders. While Inuyasha paid I was looking down at the possible seats and we found a row just close enough that I could see the drummers but far enough away that they were comfortable.
 
Holding a hand from each of them the concert started and I closed my eyes letting the music roll over me. It started at a fast pace almost sounding like thunder and then slowed to a steady beat. Opening my eyes I saw a few tumblers and jugglers but I didn't care for them I closed my eyes again to listen. A few songs later a beat started that set my heart racing. It was almost like taking a running leap off a cliff and flying with the raising and falling notes. Sometime later I opened my eyes to see if Sesshoumaru was enjoying the music when I saw him glaring at someone behind us.
 
Turning to look I saw women glaring at me. I could see the jealousy and feel it in their energies. I decided to have a little fun and let go of Inuyasha's hand to cup Sesshoumaru's face. I leaned up and kissed him. I was surprised at my own audacity that I parted my lips. When he followed suit I quickly reached out with my tongue. I felt him stiffen and for a moment thought I went to far until he returned the gesture. Battling it out sent my senses reeling. His heady flavor and the things he could do seemed almost like sin because it felt so good. I was losing all coherent thought quickly and gave a tiny moan.
 
Finally I had to pull away because I couldn't get enough breath through my nose. Panting I tried to regain my thoughts when I felt pulled towards Inuyasha. Before I could ask what was going on he kissed me and pulled away slightly before returning and the lip lock that started was almost more intense then Sesshoumaru's. I started to feel very light like I could fly and my heart was pounding in my ears. When he finally released me I was in a daze of euphoria. The music was the first to return and the soft beat helped calm me down.
 
Looking around I could see even harder glares and others looking with longing. I sat totally pacified for the rest of the concert and was almost sad to leave. In the chair I wanted to know if we could do something like this again and though I don't think they caught it I wanted more then just the concert the kisses left me feeling so alive that I couldn't help but want to experience it again. When the feeling started to ware away I grew tired. Since we were only a few minutes away from mom's I asked them to wake me. The last thing I heard was I will.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
With Kagome asleep we decided that she probably needed her rest. We arrived right at 7:30 and knocked on the door. Kagome was in Inuyasha's arm still asleep. O-dori allowed us in and we sat at her kitchen table after dropping Kagome off on the couch.
 
“If you would excuse my saying so if is going to be confusing trying to talk to each of you since you both go by Mr. Takahashi. May I know your first names?” I looked at Inuyasha and he nodded.
 
“I am the eldest and my name is Sesshoumaru.” I waved a hand towards my brother, “That is my half brother Inuyasha. Now may we get down to business? I am sure Kagome would like to awaken at home.” I watched as she was about to say something but then shook her head.
 
“Yes over the past few days I have made a small list on what we would like. We do not need any more real social power but it would be nice to attend a few parties now and then since I finally retired and maintain one dress size.” Her bluntness was unexpected and slightly insulting but I had a feeling this was just the way she did business.
 
“Very well since we will not have to pay your way into social gatherings I make the offer that you may attend any party hosted or jointly hosted by me and my brother. This way you may attend the occasional party and even see your daughter. Is this acceptable?” She thought about it a minute before replying.
 
“Does this go for me of for my family?”
 
“When you say family I assume you mean your father and your son?” she nodded. I was thrilled to have the younger Higurashi attending till he was older but it wasn't that much of a hardship.
 
“Then your family though I must warn you if your son acts up and brings any dishonor to my name or yours he will be banned until his twenty-fifth year. Is this acceptable?” again she paused before nodding. “Very well the first is accepted. Now on to the next on your list.”
 
“The next is a rather large request.” she hesitated on it like she thought it might not be doable.
 
“Proceed.”
 
“Well you see ever since this shrine was moved up here the god tree has had the same box. The roots are being twisted in on themselves. I was wondering if you could hire a maintenance team to enlarge it along with checking the supports to my home. The middle of this house feels like it is bowing slightly. If it is I can not afford to repair it.”
 
“I see so other then the enlargement of the god tree's box you would like us to cover any repairs needed to the shrine at this time?”
 
“If possible yes. Though we are not poor those repairs would be out of our ability to pay. This has been our home for almost 450 years. It means to much to abandon it.”
 
“I am willing to cover 75% of the repairs do you think you can cover the rest?” She asked to be excused a moment before returning with a notebook and a tray of tea.
 
“Would you care for some?” she indicated the tea and I nodded while Inuyasha shook his head no.
 
After serving me a cup she opened the notebook and seemed to add together a few things. She looked up, “of what we know is wrong I can cover it but if there are any hidden costs then no I can't.”
 
“hmm. How about this then I will have my inspectors come and price the repairs and we will go from those numbers. As I have said I will pay 75% if it is truly to much I am willing to loan you the rest that you can pay back with interest. If your daughter wishes to help you pay it back faster I have no objections.” O-dori smiled.
 
“Very well then that is settled, next?” Her smile faltered then and she almost looked like she wasn't going to say more before she finally asked.
 
“My son wishes to go to America to attend a real college there. I could afford it if he only needed the tapes but the boarding and the books and such he would need I couldn't pay. He asked if he could go and I would hate to disappoint him but the repairs are a lot more important so just forget it. please.” I thought about it a moment.
 
“How old is your son?”
 
“Fourteen,”
 
“at what age was he going to go?”
 
“Ah. Around twenty maybe twenty-two?”
 
“Acceptable if he maintains a 4.0.” she gasped but eagerly nodded her head.
 
“Anything else before we come to a settling on the lost income your daughter would have provided?”
 
“Only one.”
 
“Proceed.”
 
“I need a little help covering my dad's health insurance. He is getting old and has a number of prescriptions he has to buy along with monthly doctor visits. This is a relatively a small amount.” Though I knew some paid more for their house breeders this was getting a little high even for my tastes. Giving a mental sigh I said, “how much?”
 
“Only 15,000 yen a year. We got the coverage in early enough before his health declined and they couldn't raise it.” Now this was the least expensive thing she had asked for besides the parties.
 
“Acceptable.” I took out the contract and made the notations in the appropriate spots of what we had agreed upon. “Now what do you believe is an acceptable price for the loss of income?”
 
“Well you see this is tricky. I know my daughter would have given me as much as I needed if she had been a regular breeder but now that she is going to be separate from my house I am not sure.”
 
“O-dori as much as I hate to do this, since it usually ends up in court, but we can leave the amount open for now and settle later after your daughter earns some money and you see how much she might have needed to give to you to help with expenses and then we will add the tally to then agree upon a settlement. The only stipulation is that all funds must be accountable for and receipts given to my finance manager at the end of the given time. Also your word not to abuse my generosity signed to the contract. If you agree to this then you may sign here and we will be on our way.” She glanced at her notebook again as if looking for support before taking the offered pen and signing. I signed and so did Inuyasha.
 
“Not to be a bother but I forgot to pick up a small futon today. DO you perhaps one I could but off you or borrow?”
 
“Why do you need a futon?”
 
“It seems your daughter fell in love with a rare kind of mattress and it isn't ready yet. I was going to let her borrow one of our beds and use the futon for a couple days until the mattress is ready.”
 
“oh. Well Kagome always did know what she liked. It took four days to find the one in her room. Okay be right back.”
 
“Inuyasha why don't you pick up Kagome so we can be on our way when she returns?”
 
“Okay.” within five minutes she returned.
 
“Here you go. This is the largest I had since you both are so tall.”
 
“This is fine. How much do we owe you?”
 
“No need you are doing so much for my family already. I would be honored if you would just take it. It was my husbands and we have no need for it anymore.” I could smell a little salt in the air and remembered that in their information the husband was dead. She was right and I was doing more then most would but I felt it almost my duty since her daughters wish made sure I survived and allowed the earth to remain pure to live on.
 
“Very well I wish you a good night then.”
 
“Yes. You too. Take good care of her please.”
 
“We will.” and with that we left taking our treasure that was now fully ours.
 
End Of Chapter 28
Please remember people these cities are over 3500 feet in the air. Storm clouds are much closer to you then on the ground. (Okay I know what you want. I have waited to long to have a little lime right? well wait no more. heh heh)
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~
 
A loud clash of thunder startled me awake. Sitting up quickly I glanced around and saw that I was in my room on a futon. I thought they were going to wake me when we reached mama's. Another clash of thunder made me huddle in my blankets but when the lightning flashed I jumped out and ran out of my room. In the dark I couldn't find Inuyasha's room so I ran upstairs and ran to Sesshoumaru's. I quickly opened the door at the next boom of thunder.
 
Upon entering I saw Sesshoumaru sit up. The rain started to pelt the panels above us and the lightening struck again.
 
“Can I sleep here?” I asked shaking. The shrine was several levels lower than this and I have never heard thunder this close. It scared me to think that I was just under the panels with this bad a storm. Sesshoumaru looked at me like I was crazy but never the less patted the side of the bed next to him. I didn't hesitate as the thunder boomed again almost directly over head. I huddled in my blankets as near as I could get to him.
 
“Are you afraid of storms?” he asked quietly.
 
“Not really but I have never been this high. The shrine is several levels below here and the thunder is absorbed a little. Being right under the panels makes it so much louder it startled me awake. I don't know how well I can sleep.” I shivered as another lightning struck the conductors. Even with my hearing I could hear the sizzle of heat.
 
“Very well come here.” he opened his arms as he laid on his side. My pride was shot when I had asked to sleep here so I didn't ask questions as I climbed into his arms and snuggled into his semi bare chest. I then realized only the sheet kept me from touching him but I was to tired and to scared to do anything about it. Being in his embrace again was comforting and with one ear on his arm so that I could hear his heart beat I concentrated on that and was soon back asleep.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.~~~
 
The thunder crashed over head in the beginning of s serve rain storm. I had always enjoyed the rain though if I was caught out in my Inu form I smelled strongly when it was done. (Wet dog anyone?) I was lying on my side enjoying the rain when my door opened to reveal Kagome shaking in the sheet and blanket I had provided her with. Right before the next boom I heard her whisper her request. I know I must have showed something on my face but I patted the bed next to me. She jumped right in and curled as close to my side as she could get without being in my arms. I wondered why she hadn't gone to my brother since he knew her better but her scent was calming and I had no wish to run her off. After several more thunders had broken over the panels I noticed how bad she was shaking. She had never shone fear in my presence not in the past and not up till now. To think one such as her could be afraid of a storm was laughable.
 
“Are you afraid of storms?” I asked quietly.
 
“Not really but I have never been this high. The shrine is several levels below here and the thunder is absorbed a little. Being right under the panels makes it so much louder it startled me awake. I don't know how well I can sleep.”
 
I had to start her training in the morning and she needed her rest. So I decided to do what had always calmed Rin and offered her to be in my arms. She didn't hesitate and was soon curled into me as her nose rubbed lightly against the sheet. It was a good thing that she fell quickly asleep as her innocent actions roused my beast. I had to fight to get it back under control. Never had I such trouble before containing it around women but I could feel its interest in the woman before me and it wanted nothing more then to finish the chase she had started. To him being here was as good as surrender and trying to explain any differently to him was futile. In the end I won but had lost several hours of rest and the storm was over before my eyes were allowed to reclose.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's dream (heh heh)~~~
 
He had been working on regular paper work when Kagome arrived in the elevator. Looking up he noticed that she had nothing on. Gaping slightly as he took in her pouty lips down her long neck to her full rounded globes to her trim waist down toned abs to a patch of black curly hair and following that her long shapely legs. His breathing changed to panting like a common mutt as she started towards him. Her walk had been the same as the night of the concert in her element with fluid movements stalking him as he sat at his desk.
 
She rounded the corner of the desk and he turned to meet her. She went down on her knees and crawled up his legs to his belt. He watched as she slowly undid it and pulled it free. she ran the belt like a snake around her neck and down her waist using the buckle like a head till it reached the black curls. She spread her legs and allowed the steel buckle disappear into her folds. The tip of the belt still draped around her neck. Pulling the buckle free she licked it clean. Then she treaded the belt together making a collar and leash out of it and handed him the end. She reached back up and undid the button of his pants and slowly pulled down the zipper revealing his blue silk boxers. He was harder then steel at the moment and his breathing still coming in pants as she freed him from his confines.
 
She made no noise as she leaned over to lick the head giving it a light kiss. Looking into his eyes she started at the bottom and licked all the way up before taking just the head into her mouth. Giving a gentle suck she let go. He moaned in disappointment as she blew air onto the wet skin. It made a shiver run up his spine and down his hands as they clenched the arms of his chair.
 
She repeated the process and he had had enough of her teasing and on the third attempt he took a gentle hold of her head and held her there. She understood and took more of him in. Now truly groaning at the feel of her hot little mouth he ran one hand through her hair while the other held her in place. Finally she started up and down creating greater suction. A change in pace and she started to nip the sides of the head when she reached the top. His release was almost upon him as his body began to convulse in pleasure. Then she did something he couldn't describe and he came shouting her name.
 
~~~End dream~~~
 
He startled himself awake and could feel the wetness in his boxers. The only problem was that sometime during the night Kagome had tossed a leg over him and wrapped one arm around him pinning him to her. He very much doubted if he waited much longer that she wouldn't notice the wetness seeping through the sheet.
 
Trying very carefully to extract himself was proving much harder then anticipated because where ever he moved her leg went with pressing her heat against the wetness in his boxers which was fast becoming uncomfortable. Finally having enough he pushed her hard and pulled away finally slipping from her grasp. pulling his soiled sheet with him he placed it in his hamper as he quickly made his way to his shower.
 
The water never felt so good as he tried to shake away the dream he had had. The look on her face haunted him along with whatever was the last thing she had done. The sensation it had caused made him cum so quickly. While he had hopes that she would help him in spring and he knew that she could tease he very much doubted that she would do that. Sighing he cleaned all evidence from his body and stepped out. Picking up his dirty boxers he was about to open the door to throw them in with the sheet when the door opened and there she stood.
 
~~~Kagome's P.O.V.~~~
 
I had been so deeply asleep and the cause for it kept trying to get away. I kept hugging it closer to me trying to get comfortable again so I could sleep. But finally it got away and I was saddened though I couldn't explain why. I slowly came awake and looked around the room I was in. It took a moment to remember how I got here and when I did I blushed. He had offered me comfort when I needed it and had been the perfect gentleman. (We know better right?)
 
When she awoke enough she noticed that her panties were a little damp (okay people she was wearing a night shirt okay? They had left her under clothes on but placed a shirt on her). Wondering if she had had a dream she couldn't remember she got up to go to the bathroom. Groggily rubbing her eyes she half walked and half stumbled to the bathroom door. Steadying herself on the handle she slowly opened the door. Her head had been down until she heard a startled breath being drawn in and for the second time in two days had walked in on a man showering. Gulping her eyes roamed the lean muscles of his arms and chest. Trailing down his abs and slightly narrow waist. The towel did little to hide the package below and her mind went straight to the gutter. She wanted nothing more then to reach out and snatch the thin cloth away to get an uninterrupted view but held herself back remembering what happened yesterday.
 
Mumbling an apology she quickly darted back out the door and grabbed her blankets and ran down the stairs. Making her way to her room she shut the door behind her and leaned against it with her heart pounding. Trembling, her mind replayed the incident over and over. Well if her panties hadn't been wet before they were now. “Kami what did I get myself into?”
 
End of chapter 29
 
~~~Sesshoumaru P.O.V.~~~
 
I drew a deep breath which caused her to look up. I watched with interest as her eyes just as quickly went back down no doubt checking him out. Her gaze seemed to level with the towel upon his waist and he could smell her beginning to get aroused. Just before it became over whelming she mumbled something that even my hearing couldn't decipher and ducked out the door. He listened for a moment and could hear her dart out his bedroom door and heard her feet dash down the stairs.
 
The scent she left behind made him hard all over again. Turning back to the shower he hoped a cold one would rid him of his problem because he sure as hell didn't want to relieve himself. He hadn't had to since he was a pup and now was not the time to start. Turning on the cold water full blast did help a little and even with teeth chattering he could still smell her. Desperately he tried to think of something that would relieve him. `Inuyasha nude? No. My secretary nude? Shutter but still no. damn it. Jaken? Oh sick. Yup that worked. *shutter*' Turning back on the warm water he tried to thaw himself out.
 
A few minutes later he was warm again and stepped back out. Drying off he walked nude back into now vacant room. Getting a change of training clothes he got dressed and put on his black boots. Heading downstairs he could hear the main bathrooms shower running. Stopping by Inuyasha's room he gently knocked.
 
“Hump? Yeah who is it?” a mumbled voice was heard.
 
“Its morning baka. Get up.”
 
“Yeah yeah. Hold your own leash Fluffy.” Though his brother meant it in jest he couldn't but help think of his dream. Actually shaking his head he tried to dispel the thoughts before he had a problem again. Since it was Kagome in the shower he thought about turning the tables but thought better of it. She would know that he could tell she was there and it might cause problems he didn't want on the first day of her training.
 
He had checked the sales receipt the day before and knew she had gotten a pair of training sais. Curious about her choice in weapons he would have to see if she knew anything about handling them. But first she needed to up her stamina. A few challengers would be youkai and she would have to face them without purifying them.
 
His thoughts turned towards her training as he mechanically made a light breakfast. It took awhile and by the time he was done a very nervous Kagome stepped in.
 
“Ah. Sesshoumaru?” He could feel her fear and knew the reason but decided to see what she had to say.
 
“Yes.”
 
“I'm really sorry. I had just gotten up and didn't hear you. I also didn't mean to stare but I uh...” she had trailed off. I turned towards her and saw her face was really red. I wasn't sure it was a healthy color but I nodded my acceptance to her apology. She gave a small smile and her blush faded a little as her gaze fell. I was about to turn back to cooking when I noticed her eyes weren't on the floor but back at my waist. It wasn't too hard to tell what she was thinking so teasing her became an option.
 
“Now Kagome if you wanted to see me without the towel you should have asked. But if you had I would have had to return the honor, ne?” I smirked as her eyes shot up and her jaw dropped. Total shock as I had never seen registered across her face as it quickly became the red it had been moments ago. She just stood there rooted to the floor eyes glazed mouth open. I started to chuckle, then to laugh, and then I had to hold my side as I leaned on the counter.
 
I couldn't control it and I couldn't stop. It was just so comical like she was some anime cartoon with the eyes bugging out and the jaw on the floor. When I noticed the food starting to burn I was able to control long enough to turn off the stove and move the pan. In that time she had pulled herself back together but now the look was that of awe instead of shock. I raised an eyebrow at her and she giggled.
 
“I never really heard you laugh like that. You have a nice laugh.” she said quietly. I simply nodded and turned back to the food dishing out a small amount of the meal and handed her a plate. She looked at the plate and then at me and then back to her plate.
 
“I can eat more you know.” she said.
 
“You will at lunch. Your training starts today and you can't exercise properly on a full stomach. Eat that and go change into something old that you won't mind getting messed up.”
 
I dished out my own plate only slightly larger then hers. When I sat down my brother came in and dumped all the rest onto his plate. I scowled at him but he wasn't paying any attention. He scarfed it down so fast that I would be surprised if he chewed. At least he wiped his chin with a napkin and not his sleeve as he stood up.
 
“You two have fun. I have a lot of work to catch up on. I might not be back tonight.” and with that he leaned over and kissed Kagome's head and hurried out the door. We finished our meal in peace and I cleaned up while she changed before heading to the elevator and down a few floors to the small indoor dojo.
 
“Nice place you have here Sesshoumaru. So what are we going to do today?”
 
“Maybe later today we will practice with your weapons but this morning is simply going to be building up your stamina. Just because you have mentally come back does not mean that you are as physically capable as you were. So training either way is needed. You will be having non human opponents and will need to be able to keep up.” I lead her to a track that was about a quarter mile in length going around the dojo.
 
“I want you to run this at least 20 times. You will not stop until you have completed your laps. Once you are finished we shall judge how capable you are in your endurance.” At the beginning of the track there was a monitor. I set the amount of laps and told it to time each lap. Leading her to just before the line I motioned her to get ready.
 
“Now this will count your laps as well as the time on each one. When you are ready, go.” She stretched her limbs out first and jogged in place for a moment then took off. She didn't flat run instead set a steady pace. Proud that she knew what to do I went to my own training. Taking of my shirt I grabbed a nearby practice sword, I stretched my own muscles before starting a shadow dance.
 
I had completed my first set when I decided to check the timer. I was slightly surprised that she had completed almost 11 laps and the time on the first ten were only seconds apart. She finished her 11 lap as I stood there but she never slowed or I think even notice me. Seeing that she had a ways to go I started a slightly shorter but more complex routine letting my muscles really have a work out. I was lost in the movements when I realized that Kagome was watching me. Finishing up I landed near her.
 
“Are you done?” she was breathing hard but was standing.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Good let's check your times then.”
 
Walking over I brought then up. The first 11 were all really close but on the 12 they were noticeably longer and continued to get longer. I now have an idea of her stamina and while very good for a human it wouldn't hold up in a fight.
 
“You are well on your way Kagome. I think you need to run this three times a day until all 20 laps are only second apart. Once you can do that we will move on.” she sighed but nodded her head. I was very happy that she was willing to follow instructions and not fight me on this. I knew before we could spar that she would have to be able to move more quickly.
 
“Now that you have completed that I think we need to meditate and help bring your power under better control ne?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Very well follow me.”
 
I lead her through a room near the back of the dojo to where a small fountain and comfortable cushions rested. Taking a seat I showed her the proper position and told to relax. This was going to take awhile to learn how to touch her power but I was sure she would get it.
 
Taking deep breaths I showed her how to count to ten before releasing it allowing her mind to clear and to focus inward. I relaxed myself, giving instructions quietly as I did the same. I could feel her gathering her power and I could feel her focusing the energy.
 
She was doing well and the day was young.
 
End of chapter.
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V. ~~~
 
Something seemed strange at breakfast but I pushed it aside. I hadn't got much sleep the night before thanks to the heavy rain. Rubbing my tired eyes I looked at the progress reports on the train disaster. Each company had lost a good amount of time in production with the help he had supplied each had at least made up a half day of the work. Overtime would have to be paid but not as much as it would have been.
 
Seeing that everything was going to back on schedule in a few days he moved on. His trade agreements that he had loss due to the mix up actually allowed him to show what he could do if pushed and had gotten better deals with different contractors. All his presidents were happy that they had gotten a better deal and even having to pay the overtime didn't dent the profit so much with what they would now make.
 
Something had been slightly fishy about the mix up because the man who supposedly typed in the train routes had not once messed up before and he had had the job for almost 80 years. The story he received had been that he was tired and accidentally bumped one sheet so that all trains went askew. The truly weird part was that the only trains to get mixed up were his. All of them dreadfully important to his companies and could have bankrupted two of them. The companies were new and doing well but something this early would have cost them everything.
 
He was having someone look into it but truthfully though whether a mistake or intentionally he couldn't take away a man's job that he had had flawlessly done until now for over 80 years for one mistake. It just didn't feel right was the problem. He was almost certain the poor man had some how been forced into it but there was no proof. Steve, he had helped the man personally, because of his family, to come to Japan because they had the best train system. Steve had a love for trains that couldn't be beat. He some how knew when one needed repair, sometimes it took awhile to find the problem, but he had never been wrong. His record keeping was impeccable of run times and deliveries. He had the run of the entire system with a few other men at needed locations for switching the tracks. Hell he had helped find the ways to fix the mistake he had caused.
 
First the leak to the press about his brother and him taking a breeder and now this. At least Steve hadn't disappeared like Sesshoumaru's secretary did. He was beginning to wonder if one of the houses were getting active against their reign again. Mistakes like this could almost bankrupt the eastern lands. Almost all of his personal money was wrapped up in the new companies because he couldn't get the funding to build new water plants, new recycling centers, and other city builders. Almost the entire of Japan's population was encased in the cities to allow as much room for farmland and grazing grounds as possible. If what Kagome had said was true there had been probably a larger population then they had now in each city spread out so that you couldn't really tell where one ended and another began. This must have been hard to grow anything and keeping livestock was almost out of the question. Her wish had changed a lot more then one would think.
 
Now there was wilderness and farms farther then the eye could see. There were about 135 to 150 cities through out Japan each containing at least 10 million people. The islands were getting filled up so enlarging them upwards was the only way to keep everything under control. So he had invested in companies that understood the problem and were in the process of making stronger materials to revamp and rebuild some cities to make more room.
 
The cost of enlarging a city was astronomical but prices had to be paid to keep the farmland, woodland, and grazing. People asked why they did it this way when it probably would be cheaper to build new but Japan was almost self sufficient in providing food for its people and though they didn't have a lot of natural resources they were very good at bringing them in and transforming them into what others needed. Being from a land that was constantly bombarded with hurricanes and typhoons along with raging waters off the mountain peeks their ships were the fastest and most reliable, thanks to their captains that learned about treacherous waters from their homeland.
 
Though their customs seemed strange to other cultures that had ventured here, they were one of the oldest and most solid. Tradition was a high priority like supporting your family, honoring agreements, and keeping the Geisha houses open. This only names a few things he could call up a dozen more off the top of his head but geishas, something only really original to them, made a living dancing and serving tea for high business men and some parties that they choose. For some reason the American's thought they were high price whores but though the occasional geisha was taken as a mistress it was a mark in standing showing that a man could afford a wife and a mistress. The women were highly respected for their dedication to their craft of dancing and serving up tea as well as being the humor needed in business dealing. Hell back in the feudal era they could come and go to lords manners as they pleased because of the respect they were shown. Sometimes a woman was hired to kill a lord or a rival and sometimes the woman was killed under a lord's roof because of the suspicion she was there to kill him. But this still left room for the craft to grow and since Japanese men are very hard on themselves they are needed. They do not joke and do not talk bluntly like the Americans.
 
It is a dance that has been perfected over the centuries in the choice of words and the flow of the conversation. Talking bluntly is very much frowned upon though needed sometimes. Rash Americans do not understand that Japanese take great honor in being loyal to their choice of employment. Such things are not understood by them when they see only the dollars to be made. It is why we have fixed prices to avoid inflation at such a high rate the Americans do. Our homes do not have to be large for we have many things that usually roll up and are stored in large closets. Our nighttime bedroom could be our day time living room and so on. Why create more rooms to separate things when you could just put them away was not something we Japanese related to very well. But the Americans also have a much greater land mass and could afford the larger cities.
 
Shaking his head at the folly of the Americans he got back to work drawing up the new agreements with his new partners. His mind was still nagging him about this morning at breakfast but again he pushed it aside. It was lunch already and he called for some food. He rubbed his aching head again and opened his desk drawer. Grabbing his small bottle of medicine (for headaches he isn't ill) he poured a glass of water from his jug and swallowed them.
 
`Back to the grindstone. Ug.'
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~~
 
Kagome had done very well on her mediation and had almost harnessed her energy into a ball. After a few mishaps I learned quickly to jump out of the way when her energy got away from her being that part of my clothes had been singed and one ear slightly burned. During training I had received a call from Shippo asking for lunch. I had agreed but held back the knowledge so that it was a surprise.
 
“That's enough Kagome. You need to go shower again and change for lunch. We are going to have a small get together with an associate of mine.”
 
“Oh? I thought I wasn't to be allowed out until the presentation so my name doesn't get out?” her face took on a perplexed look. I smirked at her.
 
“I believe that he can be trusted to not say anything. We are going to an exclusive restaurant and the staff there knows how to keep their mouths shut their jobs depend on it.”
 
“Okay. Anything special I need to wear then?” her aura relaxed and again I marveled at how easily she trusted me after our history before.
 
“Not really just dress nice. Not as fancy as last night no need to cause more jealousy.” her face flamed and I gave a quiet chuckle.
 
“Oh you just had to bring that up? Well excuse me if they me if they were jealous but I can't really blame them since I had the best dates.” I could tell she was embarrassed but she was giving as good as she got.
 
“Hn.” was all I said I walked through the door to the elevator. She ran to catch up. The silence was comfortable as we headed up and though she didn't smell terrible I wanted her at her best to show how lovely her scent was. It was almost at important as her looks to demons to have a good breeder as well as a nice smelling one. The presentations brought all breeders along with at least the leader of the houses and the smells would be unbearable if a lot of them smelled bad.
 
Stepping off the elevator she headed to her room and I called after her, “Kagome I am going down to see how well my secretaries are fairing in my absence if you need me call my cell.” which I grabbed from the counter on my way out.
 
“Okay! Hurry back I want to make sure the clothes look okay before we go!” I heard her but I didn't respond as the doors closed. Heading down I wondered if the police had caught my vanishing secretary. Her position had been a high one and getting a replacement quickly was a headache. The temp one that he had borrowed from his brother was barely keeping up I noticed when I got there.
 
“Yumi?”
 
“Yes sir.” her voice trembled.
 
“Are you capable of doing the job or are you not?” My voice was cold and my mask was in place.
 
“I-i-i can sir it's just that I am new to this kind of work. I am having trouble with the contracts you brought down yesterday. It seems that these women are already booked for a contract and some can't take these on for another few months. It seems someone messed up the schedules and I am trying to make them work.” This was disturbing. There had never been an over booking of unavailable breeders before.
 
“Let me see what you mean.” I pulled up a chair and she brought up the logs.
 
“If you see here sir the contracts you signed are valid at this point but the timing is off. I have not sent out the dates to these houses as to when to expect their contract to be carried out so hopefully there won't be an upset on that account but one breeder is already booked and can't possibly take on any more contracts for at least 5 years.”
 
I studied the screen and realized she was right. It seems my old secretary caused more trouble in her final hours then I had realized.
 
“Give me the names and dates that are possible for each and I will call them and see if it is acceptable or if they are willing to switch breeders. Do not over book a poor woman some need recovery time and some are close to retirement. Draw up a list of those not breeding at the moment and their rank so that I can offer them as alternatives. Once that is sorted out we will redo the schedules and you can get back on track.” her shoulders relaxed in obvious relief and nodded.
 
“They will be ready in the morning sir. What would you like me to do then?”
 
“I want to you to check and make sure that bitch of an ex secretary didn't screw anything else up. I have had enough delays and I will not have my near 100 years of running this be blemished by her. I will have my cell phone if anything else major comes up since I will be out.”
 
“Very well sir.” I left feeling angry again at the wench that caused so much stress to be added to my life. The only upside at the moment was that I had Kagome to help calm me.
 
End of Chapter 31