InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ Inuyasha shopping? ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
We stood waiting for the chair to arrive. I looked down at the list and noticed a shop called Mrs. Modesitt's Shop of Specialty Items. I wondered what I had to get here.
 
“Inuyasha do you know this shop?” I said pointing at the name. He took the list and read it. He nodded his head before giving it back.
 
“Well what are we getting there?”
 
“I'm not sure but be prepared for a million and one questions.” He wouldn't look at me and I couldn't figure out why.
 
“Okay” I said uncertain why he would say that.
 
“It's just since meeting you again I forgot all about him and his daughter.” He seemed to be trying to explain but I didn't get it.
 
“Him who? Daughter who?” I persisted. He sighed and finally turned to look at me.
 
“Promise not to sit me?” His eyes were pleading and his ears flat on his head. I couldn't say no to that face.
 
“I promise.” He looked at me warily before nodding once again.
 
“Well after you were taken away Shippo needed someone. Since my brother and I had finally made a cease fire he was raised between the two of us along side Rin. Well After he turned 200 he left to see if he could find any relatives and learn more about his real parents. Imagine our surprise when he returned at the Lord's ball a nobleman. It turned out that his dad was an under ranking noble and with all the skills he learned from you and my brother and me, he moved up. He became the ambassador between the foxes and the Inus.” I began to shake. Shippo had been the closest thing I had to a child to date. To know that they both had taken care of him warmed my heart.
 
“He wanted a family so badly and he had a few aunts and uncles but he mated really young around 350. His family exploded like few youkai couples do and he has about 35 kids. All of them take pride in embarrassing me and my brother at every opportunity. It seems during his time with us he had picked up more from Miroku then I would have guessed except he can keep his hands to himself. He charmed every maid into telling about our youth and he kept the stories in mind and shared them with his kids.”
 
“Needless to say the store owner on that sheet is his second eldest daughter. She hasn't taken a mate yet and other then the 3 youngest the only one that hasn't or at least isn't courting one. She enjoys being single and tormenting me and my brother about getting a mate or breeder. So now that you are back she is going to ask a million and one questions. She has no shame and is the most outspoken person I know. If she finds out that you are the woman that raised her father and turned what would have been an indifferent heart like most male youkai to the warm and loving father she has, well you can imagine.”
 
I sat in stunned silence. My little Shippo had 35 kids? I groaned at the thought. But soon my mind flipped from the problems of the questions to how I could spoil them and tell embarrassing stories about Shippo just like a true mom would. I chuckled to myself and Inuyasha turned a raised brow towards me.
 
“You said that that they enjoy tormenting you right?” He slowly nodded a wary look in his eyes.
 
“Well I am the one that took care of him the most right? For five years I had him by my side in his youth. For every embarrassing story he tells about you I can tell one about him. But before that I can meet up with him and get the goodies on all his kids. Then I can get them to leave you alone if I begin a story they don't want you to know.” I grinned evilly as I rubbed my hands together.
 
Inuyasha rubbed his chin in thought and then he began to grin. Together we broke out in evil laughter as we both knew some stories that Shippo wouldn't be proud to let his kids know. He wrapped an arm around me and we sat down in the chair to get going. He gave me a squeeze and left his arm on my shoulders.
 
“Kagome I am so glad you are back. You can put the twerp in his place since I can't anymore.”
 
“What do you mean? You always used to bop him on the head.”
 
“Yeah but just like Miroku he is so used to it that it doesn't even faze him anymore.”
 
I was getting a little worried with all the Miroku references. Surely my little boy didn't turn into a Hentai? I pushed it aside and began listing what I wanted from the stores. The rest of the ride was companionably quiet.
 
The first store was for hair care and bath accessories. Being that both were Inu I needed special soaps that wouldn't make them sneeze in my presence. I also needed a few special perfumes that enhanced my scent for the presentation to show that I was pure.
 
Nothing major happened today as it had yesterday. The human women showed me the selection of perfumes and soaps and with Inuyasha's help I choose some naturally pleasing ones. One woman helped me choose some makeup that I could use without clogging my pores and could be easily wiped off with a special soap. A remarkable little product was shown to me that allowed the makeup to not wear off or be sweated off. The special soap needed only a damp cloth to activate. Marvelous stuff.
 
I choose a few hair care products that were scentless and made my unruly hair behave as well as shine. It didn't leave my hair feeling weighed down either. I choose a few new hair brushes and picked up other woman's products and we were sent on our way. The price to me was outrageous but Inuyasha just paid and didn't even flinch. I felt kinda bad that he was spending so much and this was just the first store. Then I remembered the price of my bedroom set but I felt better about that being that it was in compensation for the attack on me.
 
The rest of the day was actually peaceful and occasionally he had the shop attendants send the stuff to the western building. What I didn't notice was that he also sent duplicates of everything to his home until near the end of the day.
 
“What are you doing?” He turned towards me with confusion on his features.
 
“Why did you just double the order with one set going to your other home?” A small spark lit his eyes but he remained silent. My hands rose to my hips and my foot started tapping again. He knew what I was about to do so he raised his hands up in a defenseless gesture.
 
“You won't be forever in Sesshoumaru's home Kagome. In about a year from now he said you could come to live with me. I just wanted things I knew you liked to already be there. I haven't done it in all the stores.”
 
“Which ones?” he blushed a little and my eyebrow rose.
 
“Er..um” he rubbed the back of his neck as he looked away. Now this was interesting he was embarrassed? A light bulb went off.
 
“You big pervert! I should string you up by your toes for that but I won't if you take me somewhere.” an evil grin came across my face and I knew it was scary when Inuyasha flinched.
 
“Wh- where do you want to go?”
 
“After we are done shopping you have to take me to the drum concert in the main park. The Chinese traveling show is in the city and I wanted to go.” I knew it would be hell on his ears and it would most likely give him a headache but I had really wanted to see it. Since my mom wouldn't be around till seven thirty I could catch most of it. He reluctantly nodded his head his ears tucked under in defeat. So I grabbed his hand and lead him out checking the store off the list I noticed the next one was Mrs. Modesitt's shop. This was going to be fun!
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~~
 
My morning was cut short by my appointment with Joanne. I really did not want to deal with her questions. But I logged off and stopped by my secretaries to drop off the work I had got done and give them something to keep them busy until my return. I rode the elevator down and called for a chair. Typing in my destination I sat back and wondered if I really wanted to do this.
 
I remembered the look in her eyes as she had nodded her head. The look of pure joy on her face when I agreed couldn't be matched. She didn't take it back when she came down later. Shaking my thoughts away I tried to put more thought into why I had done it. Though I had asked for my scent to be cleaned from the fabric Joanne was to make the mattress out of my youki wouldn't come off that easy. Her sleeping on it would mark her deeper then a scent would. Now that thought was pleasing. Justifying wasn't usually my style but again around her my defenses now seemed inadequate since I could no longer ignore her.
 
Seeing her happy was quickly becoming something I liked to see. Her warmth of spirit was almost like my mom's. It was just so comforting. I wasn't sure how I had missed it in the past but I didn't now.
 
The `little' kit should be happy with her return. I wonder of she realizes yet that he is still alive. The chair arrived at the shop and interrupted my chain of thought on the matter. Stepping out I walked towards the door but before I even opened it Joanne came running out and jumped into my arms.
 
“Fluffy! So good to see you again!” She just as quickly jumped down and then proceeded to punch my arm.
 
“How dare you not tell me you took a breeder? Father has waited so long for you two to settle down. You have been a bachelor longer then I have been alive he was beginning to think you two had hooked up behind closed doors.”
 
The comment had been said before, by some news stations even, and I was looking forward to proving them all wrong. It still angered me and my eyes flashed a little. I cleared my face and gave her a glare.
 
“Now, now. You can't help a kitsunes' curiosity its worse then humans. We were all curious as to why you wouldn't even just pay a regular breeder but if what the stations are saying is true then I guess we know why.”
 
I hadn't watched since the first morning and now wondered what exactly they were saying. This was supposed to be a simple agreement and the city, if not the entirety of Japan, was trying to get into it. I growled and decided to up security at my home before they got any bright ideas.
 
“We need to hurry This Sesshoumaru is very busy and has work to get back to.” She huffed and went back inside to gather her helpers. I called for a larger chair and soon took off to the nearest exit. She was persistent in asking questions she should have known the answer to. Finally I had had enough of her droning on.
 
“Quiet Kit. This Sesshoumaru has no time to entertain you with answers to those outrageous questions. You will meet her in due time. Now let us finish this and let this Sesshoumaru get back to his work. There is still much that has to be done before the presentation.”
 
I turned my head away and watched the city pass around me. A trivial thought about how far humans had come with their technology and their exploding population entered my head. I knew that some of it was inspired by Kagome's wish but my brother had said that her world was more industrialized before. It was good to know that this time my kind didn't die out and that I was still in power. If my father were here he would enjoy amusing himself with the gadgets of this era.
 
Finally reaching the outer door we stepped outside. After getting far enough away I transformed and allowed Joanne to start. It took longer then I had wanted but once she got to work she shut up. My mind began the long process of adding rough numbers at what this process was costing him. Taking a house breeder was expensive but he had enough money to take several. He decided to check when he got back on his finances. It had been awhile and he wanted to make sure that everything was on the up and up.
 
About an hour and a half later she was done. Her 10 workers gathered up the fur in large bags and started off leaving Joanne standing by me when I returned to my humanoid form.
 
“Well fluffy I have to be going since you want the bed done so quickly.” We were heading back in and I remained quiet for the moment.
 
“You never were much of a talker were you fluffy?” Her insistence on calling me that degrading name was wearing my patience thin. I could feel the beast start to rise up. Mentally checking its restraints I finally snapped at the insolent girl.
 
“You will not call this Sesshoumaru `fluffy' wench. This Sesshoumaru has been and shall always be of higher station than you. Show proper respect to your elders and those above you. These ideas that you are equal to this Sesshoumaru are fantasy. This is your last warning before you receive punishment girl. Out of respect for your father a message will be sent about your behavior and your pay for this commission docked. Do not try my patience any more today.” I growled at the wench before climbing into a second chair.
 
“By the way wench you shall personally attend my breeder when she stops by today. She will be with my brother. If you ask such questions about her as you asked me, I will find out and I will take the mattress without payment for your insolence.”
 
I pushed the start button and left feeling much better then I had a moment ago. The look on her face at my threat was ego boosting. Kagome hadn't made me become as soft as I feared, which was good to know. My anger spent I looked forward to getting back to work. The day was looking up when I could get the better of that annoying kit.