InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A chibi adventure ❯ How to handle a chibi ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Authors note: I don't own Inuyasha or anything in it!

Note: Hanyou = half-demon

Youkai = Demon

Miko = Priestess (Just in case you forgot!)

Another note: For those who don't know, Osuwari is `sit'

Posted: September 14th

Chapter 2: How to handle a chibi

It was dinnertime and the whole group sat in the hut eating quietly. Kagome had gone back to her time to get some baby clothes and a bottle and told Miroku and Sango to watch Inuyasha, which made the two of them blush. Kaede looked outside at the sunset.

"Kagome should be back by now," the old woman commented, sipping her soup.

"You started this in the first place, lady!" Shippo grumbled, trying to keep his food away from the curious hands of the baby hanyou. Inuyasha sat back, his ears twitching slightly.

"I think the baby Inuyasha is hungry," Sango whispered, tugging on Miroku's sleeve. He nodded seriously and pulled the baby onto his lap. He picked up a piece of carrot with his chopsticks and offered it to the hanyou. Inuyasha just sat there looking at it curiously.

"Ye must feed him, Monk. He cannot feed himself," Kaede chuckled, finishing her dinner quickly and exiting the hut.

"Hey! Wait!!" Miroku yelled, shifting suddenly and startling Inuyasha who started crying loudly.

"Aah! Make it stop Miroku!!" Shippo cried, holding his hands against his ears trying to block out the terrible noise.

"Ah…um…" Miroku looked to Sango questioningly, who sighed and took his chopsticks and Inuyasha from the monk.

"Open wide, baby hanyou," she whispered in a singsong voice and made the carrot fly around his head, making the chibi giggle and open his mouth wide. She got the mushy carrot piece in and he chewed on it as much as a baby could before swallowing. Some of the liquid dripped down his chin and he smiled cutely, showing off his baby fangs.

"So, how'd you guys manage?" Kagome stepped into the hut, her backpack dangerously big. They all stared at her bag as she put it down in the corner of the room and started sorting through the contents of it.

"Um, Kagome? How much stuff did you bring anyway?" Shippo crept over to where Kagome was throwing things over her shoulder and caught one of the objects. "Diapers?"

"Yeah! Inuyasha obviously doesn't know how to use the bathroom so he needs those so he doesn't ruin his clothes," Kagome explained, throwing more things out of her bag hurriedly. "Aha! There it is!" She held out a bottle triumphantly. "Hey Miroku, get a fire going will you?"

"Uh, sure Lady Kagome," Miroku nodded and re-lit the fire that was burning a short while ago. Kagome carefully measured the baby formula she brought along and poured it into the bottle. She then set it on the pan that Miroku had dug up from the corner of the hut. Five minutes later, she gently picked up Inuyasha from Sango's arms and put the nipple of the bottle into the hanyou's mouth. The baby started drinking the formula immediately.

"I'm so glad my mom still kept a lot of this around the house," Kagome smiled, watching Inuyasha become sleepy while drinking the formula. Soon enough, the chibi stopped drinking and started whining.

"What's wrong now?" Shippo groaned.

"He needs to be burped!" Kagome said as a matter-of-factly. She set the baby over her shoulder and patted his back lightly. He burped and then clung onto Kagome's shirt tightly. He is so adorable. Kagome thought to herself watching the chibi fall asleep. She knew he was fully asleep when his grip loosened slightly and his breathing was even.

"What now?" Sango asked, "We can't leave him alone here."

"Me and Shippo will stay here with him so at least one of us will wake up to watch him," Kagome smiled at the two, "You and Miroku get some rest."

"Thanks, Lady Kagome," Miroku waved to the two and him and Sango exited the tent.

"Why me…" Shippo whined, not wanting to be near the obviously dangerous chibi.

"Come on Shippo! He doesn't bite…much," She chuckled to herself, plucking Inuyasha off her shoulder and holding him against her chest. His chibi claws gripped onto the material of her shirt in a death grip. He's got a strong grip. Kagome thought in amazement, making sure the claws didn't pierce her skin. Shippo lay down on one of the mats in the hut, and Kagome lay next to him, holding Inuyasha against her chest. That's the way they fell asleep, except for a moment at 2 A.M where Inuyasha woke both Kagome and Shippo up crying and needing to be changed.

Inuyasha was the first to wake up, snuggled against Kagome's chest again after she rocked him to sleep.

Hmm…I like the Kagome lady! She's nice. I dun like the fox though, he's a meanie. The other girl fed me so I like her too! The man is a little scary though.

The chibi hanyou crawled out of Kagome's arms and crawled on all fours across the floor. He stopped at Kagome's big bag of junk and climbed into it.

What's this??

Inuyasha picked up a bottle of baby powder and opened it accidentally. He shook it and covered himself and his silver hair in white powder. He threw it aside and picked up some canned food.

Yummy!!! FOOD!!

The chibi opened one of the cans and gulped all of it down. It tasted like that icky green stuff that he really hated. He threw the can aside also and picked up another object.

Are these…clothes? Wonder how you put them on! They look comfy! Better than this big thingy.

He pulled off his way-too big white shirt and pulled cute little gray sweatpants on. He also pulled a sailor's shirt over his small chest and puffed his chest out proudly.

Me big and strong!! Nothing can get past me!!

Kagome opened her eyes sleepily, feeling an absence of some sort. She looked down to notice Inuyasha wasn't there and Shippo was still sleeping.

"Shippo!" Kagome exclaimed, shaking the poor fox youkai awake.

"W-what??" Shippo asked, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"The chibi is missing!" Kagome exclaimed, running around the room frantically.

"Lady Kagome, I heard some commotion--" Miroku said, walking into the hut to see it turned totally upside down in a span of two seconds. Kagome was currently looking under the mats and even under the firewood.

"Inuyasha is missing!" Kagome shrieked, becoming as panicked as a mother who loses her child. Inuyasha poked his head out of the bag being ignored by everyone, wondering why people were calling his name. He crawled out and landed on his butt on the floor.

"Gome!" the chibi said, tugging on Kagome's sock.

"Inuyasha!!" Kagome yelled happily, bending down to pick him up but then noticing how dirty he had become, being covered in white from head to toe. "Where have you been?" She scolded. Inuyasha pointed to her huge bag and she ran over.

"Oh no!! He got into the baby powder!"

"Baby powder?" Shippo asked curiously, "What's that?"

"It helps babies prevent infections and rashes and the like," Kagome said, searching for whatever else the chibi had destroyed. "He ate the spinach!"

"Spinach!? Yuck!" Shippo exclaimed, "That stuff is gross!" He ran outside to get a quick drink of water from the stream.

"I'm gonna have to clean you, you naughty chibi," Kagome scolded again and picked Inuyasha up.

"Can you handle it, Lady Kagome?" Miroku asked, doubting Inuyasha would behave while taking a bath.

"I'll manage," Kagome smiled cheerfully, "I'll go in with him if I have to." She noticed the look that crossed Miroku's face and slapped him immediately, "no peeking, pervert!"

"Meep," Miroku scrambled out of the hut and Kagome gathered some soap and a washcloth and two towels just in case, and headed towards the little cove she had found a little earlier on.

She stripped the chibi of his dirty clothes she had brought over and soaked them nearby. She placed Inuyasha in the shallowest part so up to his stomach was covered in water. He giggled and splashed the water playfully.

"Okay chibi, I'm gonna wash your hair now," Kagome said quietly and dumped a bucket full of water onto Inuyasha's head. He sniffled but didn't cry until she put shampoo in his hair. "Calm down, Inuyasha! I'm just getting the icky stuff out of your hair," Kagome sighed. "Would you like me to come in?"

The chibi nodded happily and clapped his hands. Kagome sighed in defeat and told him to turn around. She undressed quickly and slipped in on the other side. She swam over to the chibi and lifted him up, suds from his hair flying everywhere. Inuyasha giggled, and then let Kagome wash his hair. She made sure to get all the spots that he would normally miss, even behind his ears, which made him relaxed and content.

"Can you wash yourself?" Kagome asked the chibi, who nodded his head slowly. She handed him the soap and watched to make sure he knew how. He started humming something to himself and did a very good job of washing.

He is just amazingly cute. How did his mother keep from hugging him all the time?!

Kagome watched as Inuyasha stood up suddenly, giving her a good view of his chibi butt, before he fell over into the deeper part of the pool.

That's right! He can't swim yet.

Kagome realized this and dove under to save the little chibi. She rescued him before he hit the bottom and brought his head above the water. He coughed a little, spitting out some water he probably swallowed.

"It's okay, Inuyasha. I've got you. You're save now. Just relax and breathe," Kagome soothed him, rocking him back and forth slightly.

"Gome," the chibi replied, reaching out his arms and wrapping them around Kagome's neck.

He really does have a strong grip. Kagome realized, holding onto the chibi protectively. Well…what can you expect? It's Inuyasha after all.

Inuyasha looked up at Kagome and smiled, showing off his chibi fangs to her.

"You are such a cute little baby!" Kagome cooed, nuzzling her nose against his affectionately. She suddenly heard a rustle in the bushes to her right and knew exactly who it was. "Mi…ro….kuu!!!!!!!!" Kagome yelled loudly so that the birds flew out of the trees nearby. Sure enough, a surprised Miroku fell out of the bush twitching. "How dare you spy on me?! Pervert!"

"Pevet!" Inuyasha echoed back, clapping his hands happily.

"Yes, Inuyasha," Kagome said loudly so Miroku could hear, "Miroku is a pervert."

"Miko pevet!" Inuyasha said again and clapped his hands, highly amused by all of this. Miroku sighed, knowing if they didn't change the chibi back he would be called by that name the rest of his life.

"Okay wet chibi! Let's get you dried off," Kagome smiled, ignoring Miroku and grabbing a towel. She lifted Inuyasha out of the water and set him on the grass. She let him dry himself off and handed him a set of new clothes that her brother used to wear. He ran off into the woods to change while Kagome wrapped one towel around herself under the water before getting out and shooing Miroku away.

Damn pervert. He really should learn he's always going to get caught. At least Inuyasha would peek before I noticed-

She stopped and blinked rapidly. Did she just say that? She actually liked it when Inuyasha would spy on her? She shook her head quickly and blushed. No way. That can't be true. She grabbed her clothes quickly and headed into a thicket of trees and changed quickly.

"Gomeeeee~" a chibi voice yelled.

"Inuyasha?" Kagome called, running out of the tree thicket. "Where are you!?" She searched around in the spot she saw him run into when she felt a tugging sensation on her right sock. She looked down and saw chibi Inuyasha half-dressed, with his little denim pants on but his button shirt messed up with all the buttons put together the wrong way.

"I tan't button tese, Gome!" the chibi sniffled, tears welling up in his eyes.

"Aww, let me help you," Kagome smiled and unbuttoned the wrong buttons and paired them together the right way.

"Tank you!" Inuyasha smiled cutely, turning around and skipping off towards the hut happily.

Man, if Inuyasha was this happy when he was normal, maybe we could all get along better. Why did he have to be so stubborn?

Kagome sighed. She'd just have to wait and see what the little chibi had in store for them. But her thoughts were thrown off when she heard Sango's scream and Inuyasha's chibi laugh.

Oh god, what has he done this time??

~End~


So, how is the second chapter?? Do you like it? I hope so ^^;; I might not updated very frequently because of school, and school sucks! So I'll try my best, but only if you nice readers review!!

Sarah Hates Kikyo: You know, I tried drawing it actually but it came out pretty bad. I'll try again and wait for my scanner to be put up and then I'll post it for you ^^.