InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A chibi adventure ❯ Adventures shortlived ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Authors note: I don't own it…

Note: Hanyou = half-demon

Youkai = Demon

Miko = Priestess (Ain't this annoying?)

Osuwari is sit!

The ending "sama" means `lord' or someone of high respect

Posted: September 27th

Chapter 3: Adventures shortlived

Kagome ran in the direction of Inuyasha's giggling. She found herself back at the hut where a beet-red Sango was inching away from the chibi and Miroku, who had a huge bump on his head.

"Um…what happened?" Kagome asked, highly confused.

"Miko pevet!" Inuyasha clapped his hands again. Miroku sighed and put his head in his hands.

"Inuyasha ran into the hut chanting that over and over," Sango explained, "then he put Miroku's hands…"

"Inuyasha!!!" Kagome scolded, "That's a not nice thing to do!"

"Not nice?" Inuyasha repeated.

"No, it's not. Apologize to Sango right away," Kagome said in a motherly-tone, putting her hands on her hips for emphasis.

"Awight," the chibi said sadly. He walked over to Sango and folded his hands together and bowed sincerely, "Sowwy, Sago."

"It's okay, Inuyasha," Sango blinked, partly to his cute apology but the other part that he could actually speak. "When did he learn to speak anyway?"

Kagome thought about this for a moment, before realizing that only the first day Inuyasha had been totally silent.

"That's a good question, Sango!" Kagome exclaimed, sitting down right where she was and thinking hard. Inuyasha looked at Kagome in a cute confused way and then imitated her actions; contorting his face so his nose wrinkled and he went cross-eyed.

"He's just TOO cute," Shippo growled, remembering when he used to be the only cute one around.

"Maybe he's a really fast learner," Miroku suggested, knowing that this could be true.

"But Lady Kaede said she turned him into a baby, so he really shouldn't even be walking yet," Kagome pointed out, watching Inuyasha prop himself up on his feet and take a few steps before falling over in a giggle fit.

"He must be aging rapidly," Miroku added again. While they were all discussing this, the chibi Inuyasha crawled away from the group.

"Hey! Inuyasha!" Shippo called after him, following him quickly.

"La de da de daaaaaa," Inuyasha sang to himself, crawling towards the forest. Shippo sighed. He wasn't going to be able to stop him.

Better leave my warning signals for them just in case Inuyasha decides to take an adventure on his own.

Shippo ran after the chibi, planting his mushrooms in a trail behind them.

Hmmm…Me bored.

Inuyasha thought to himself, looking left and right for something to do. He crawled right into the forest, unaware of what a dangerous place it could be. He didn't notice Shippo following him either.

~

"Sesshoumaru-sama!" Rin called, bringing firewood to their campsite. She sat down next to him happily; adding firewood to the small fire Jaken had started.

"There is something strange going on," Sesshoumaru stated, sniffing at the air.

"Indeed there is, Sesshoumaru-sama," Jaken nodded, resting against his two-headed staff.

"I smell a hanyou," Sesshoumaru turned his head to the left to see the chibi Inuyasha crawl into the clearing.

"Hiyoh!" Inuyasha waved happily.

"I-Inuyasha?" Jaken sputtered, staring at the chibi in disbelief. Sesshoumaru picked up the chibi hanyou by the back of his shirt and inspected him closely. Inuyasha poked Sesshoumaru's moon imprint on his head and giggled.

"You can't be my hanyou little brother," Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes and dropped the chibi. Rin caught him and brought him into her lap.

"Brudder!" Inuyasha clapped happily.

"Such disgraceful clothes…" Sesshoumaru commented.

Back where the Kagome, Sango and Miroku were talking, Kagome sneezed.

"Someone must be talking about you!" Miroku laughed and Kagome growled.

Back to Sesshoumaru…

The youkai stood up suddenly.

"Jaken, put out that fire. Rin, we're leaving," he put the chibi on the floor and shooed him away. Rin took one look at Sesshoumaru and picked up Inuyasha, carrying him with her.

Oh no! Shippo thought to himself watching from the bushes. This isn't good at all! He watched the three-no four-of them leave and disappear into the forest.

"I gotta tell Kagome!" Shippo exclaimed, running back to the hut.

~Hut~

"KAGOMEE~" Shippo yelled at the top of his lungs. The said girl poked her head out from behind the hut, hanging up some wet clothes and such.

"What is it Shippo?" she asked clueless.

"I-Inuyasha is with Sesshoumaru!" the fox youkai stuttered out, hopping around.

"What?!" Kagome exclaimed, looking around frantically not seeing the little chibi anywhere.

"What's going on?" Miroku walked in asking.

"S-Sesshoumaru!" was all Shippo managed to get out before hitting himself on the head calling himself a baka.

"Hmm…Inuyasha decided to have his own little adventure," Miroku contemplated, stroking his chin thoughtfully.

"We're going after him," Kagome declared, as Sango walked over.

"Alright!" Sango said, picking up her boomerang bone and holding the handle on it. Kirara appeared and transformed into her larger form. Kagome grabbed the Tetsusaiga before climbing on Kirara's back with everyone else. They flew up high, scanning the horizon for Inuyasha's youkai brother.

"They went this way," Shippo said, pointing out his warning signals and where they stopped.

"Look! Rustling in the trees," Sango pointed out, urging Kirara to angle down and fly closer to the spot. Suddenly a bunch of birds flew out of the trees, flying together in a huge black cloud towards them.

"Stupid birds," Shippo muttered, clinging onto Kagome until they passed.

"It wasn't Sesshoumaru," Miroku commented, "only the birds."

"Thank you, captain obvious," Kagome replied sarcastically. This being a modern sarcastic comment, it puzzled the monk.

"Really? I didn't know there was such a thing," Miroku said, truly unaware of the sarcasm dripping from Kagome's words. Her eye started twitching dangerously and fell silent for lack of a witty reply.

"I sense Inuyasha," Miroku said suddenly. Shippo stayed still for a moment and closed his eyes.

"Hey, I sense it too!" He exclaimed, his face lighting up.

"Where?" Sango asked.

"Right below," Miroku and Shippo said at the same time. Kirara flew down and landed in a grassy area free of confining trees. They heard voices coming from in front of them and Kagome put her finger to her mouth to silence everyone.

"…Rin you stupid girl, why did you bring him along??" Jaken's voice floated into the clearing.

"Because Jaken-sama! He is so cute and cuddly!" Rin's cheerful voice rang out.

"Rin, put Inuyasha down."

"Okay Sesshoumaru-sama!"

There was a sound of something being dropped on the ground. Then a loud wailing sound started and the group covered their ears for safety.

"Make it stop!!!" Jaken shrieked. Kagome bravely ran into the clearing to see Rin and Jaken holding their hands over their ears and Sesshoumaru steadily getting angrier by the second.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled over the chibi's wails. He stopped crying immediately when he saw Kagome's face.

"GOME!" the baby cried, waddling over to Kagome and clinging onto the hem of her skirt.

"Explain the meaning of this, NOW," Sesshoumaru demanded, his temper rising rapidly.

"Well you see…" Kagome laughed nervously, picking Inuyasha up, not noticing he latched onto the Tetsusaiga, "An old crazy priestess turned him into a baby…"

Somewhere throughout the land Lady Kaede sneezed…

"That can't be true," the youkai replied, "Inuyasha isn't that stupid."

"Oh…you'd be surprised…" Kagome giggled to herself, knowing the one side of Inuyasha his brother never saw. If he saw that, he'd die from shock. Sesshoumaru snorted and turned on his heel.

"Come Rin, we're leaving."

"Okie-dokie Sesshoumaru-sama!" Rin replied happily, skipping beside the youkai.

"W-wait for me Sesshoumaru-sama!" Jaken yelled, running to catch up to them.

"Wow. I'm glad that's over!" Kagome said thankfully, returning to the group.

"Seems like it went well," Miroku commented lightly.

"Miko pevet!!" Inuyasha clapped, making Miroku sweatdrop. Kagome, Sango and Shippo laughed.

"Hey…don't laugh at me!" Miroku exclaimed, only making them laugh harder.

"But in all seriousness," Kagome stated, ceasing to laugh immediately, "I must scold the chibi."

"Good luck," Shippo grumbled. Inuyasha stuck his tongue out at Shippo as Kagome carried him away.

~

"Inuyasha, that was not the right thing to do," Kagome stated simply, sitting the chibi down on a rock with the Tetsusaiga still gripped in his hands.

"Wight?"

"Yes, right. Wandering off, like you did, is not right. Staying near us at all times is the right thing to do."

"Wanding ish fun," Inuyasha smiled, not hearing a thing Kagome said. The girl sighed mentally.

What's it gonna take to turn Inuyasha back to normal?

"I like petty ting!" Inuyasha exclaimed, waving the sheathed sword around wildly.

"Inuyasha stop it!" Kagome yelled, and when Inuyasha didn't listen, "Sit down and pay attention!" The chibi still ignored her. She started to twitch. "Osuwari!!!" She yelled without thinking. The chibi hit the grass hard from the force of the necklace.

"Owwieeee!" Inuyasha wailed, sobbing onto the ground.

"I'm so sorry!" Kagome exclaimed, scooping the chibi up into her arms and holding him close, "I won't do that again…I promise."

"Kay," the chibi sniffled, clinging onto Kagome tightly.

"Just…don't go running off again, okay?"

"Kay," Inuyasha agreed again. Kagome smiled and picked up the Tetsusaiga before heading back to the others. An insect that looked like a wasp buzzed overhead and watched the scene for a couple of minutes before flying in the opposite direction.

"A baby Inuyasha, huh?" A voice chuckled from the shadows. "This will be interesting, ne Kagura?"

"Indeed," the outline of Kagura looked away, not finding it very interesting.

"Prepare yourself Inuyasha," Naraku said to the mirror in which he watched the little Inuyasha make a dash for the Tetsusaiga before Kagome could stop him. "Your happiness will be short lived."

~End~

Dun dun dunnnnnn!!! Just gotta add Naraku into this story hehe. Well, review and I'll make another chapter pronto! If not, you're outta luck!