InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A chibi adventure ❯ Bandit Ambush ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Authors note: It's not mine!

Note: Hanyou = half-demon

Youkai = Demon

Miko = Priestess (Just in case you forgot!)

Osuwari is sit!

Itai means ouch

Posted: October 17th

Chapter 4: Bandit ambush

"What the hell are we doing anyway?" Miroku asked.

"We're searching the land for people in need of course!" Kagome declared enthusiastically, steadying Inuyasha who was perched on her shoulders.

"Birdie!" Inuyasha exclaimed, taking a fist of Kagome's hair in his hand tightly and pointing at it with his other one.

"Itai…" Kagome mumbled, tears springing into her eyes.

The group was walking around on the outskirts of the forest, not really wanting to go back to the village where Kaede was. Asking her to turn Inuyasha back was no use, and they still had no idea what they were supposed to do to get him back.

"Well, that sure looks like something is wrong," Shippo commented pointing to a burning village.

"We've gotta help!" Kagome exclaimed, leading the group in heading towards the village quickly.

They entered the scene to cries for help and flying pieces of burning wood. A couple of men dressed in armor ran by laughing, so it looked like the work of bandits. Miroku took the lead and headed towards a particular group of bandits sitting on horses and watching.

"Hey men look, fresh meat," one of the men commented, leering at Sango and Kagome.

"Ugh, disgusting," Sango commented, meeting the man's gaze and glaring back at him.

"Where is your leader?" Miroku demanded, setting his staff into the ground.

"Who wants to know?" a voice came from behind the group.

"Ah, chief!" the men gasped and parted so their leader could walk through. He stepped into view and they saw that he looked just like an ordinary human. But Kagome knew better, and spotted a glint in the man's chest.

"Miroku, he has a shard embedded in his chest," she whispered, backing away slightly.

"Ah, so you can see it can you?" the leader smirked, advancing towards Kagome, "very interesting."

"Don't come near me, you lousy bandit!" Kagome screeched, hiding behind Miroku who hit the leader on the head with his staff.

"It's not nice to terrorize young ladies like that," he commented, whacking the leader off of his horse.

"It's also not nice to hit young men off of their horse," the leader replied calmly, getting up and standing in front of Miroku.

"He's young?" Kagome murmured, then regretting she uttered anything immediately as he turned in her direction once again.

"Scary man!" Inuyasha exclaimed standing up on Kagome's shoulders and balancing himself by taking big fistfuls of hair. "Stay `way fom my Gome!" Sango looked at the chibi quite strangely, and Shippo was even shocked.

"Inuyasha! What are you doing?" Kagome exclaimed, although quite shocked from Inuyasha calling her `his Gome'. But after all, he was a baby, and might think of her as a mother or someone he can claim.

"A little hanyou kid? Very interesting indeed," the chief commented, smirking and putting his hand on the sword at his side.

"Speak your name!" Miroku commanded, holding his staff out horizontally to block any sudden attacks.

"My name? It is Morugamo," he narrowed his eyes at the monk suspiciously, "why?"

"Because I figured you weren't of any real importance and your name proves it," Miroku smiled, "just a lousy bandit."

"Why you! I'll kill you!" Morugamo unsheathed his sword and rushed at Miroku, who dodged it expertly and swung his staff out and knocked the chief in the stomach.

"You should be more careful about who you pick your fights with!" Shippo yelled out, watching the battle from afar with Kagome and the chibi. He was still trying to grasp the Tetsusaiga in his tiny little hands, but Kagome was doing an excellent job keeping it away from him and watching the battle at the same time.

"Go Miroku!!!" Kagome yelled enthusiastically.

"Kagome-chan, I'm going in," Sango nodded, all dressed in her slayers uniform with the transformed Kirara at her side.

"Go for it Sango-chan!" Kagome cheered, watching Sango hop onto Kirara's back and fly towards the battle.

All of the men ran towards Sango, leaving the leader to Miroku. Kirara knocked half of them down easily and Sango's Hiraikotsu kept them from attacking Kagome and Shippo.

"Kagome! Take Inuyasha and Shippo and get far away from here!" Miroku shouted, parrying an attack from Morugamo. Kagome hesitated before nodding, taking Shippo's hand and steadying the chibi on her shoulders, running to the outskirts of the village.

They stopped after running a good length away from the battle, only to see a straggling bandit who obviously was having fun re-killing the dead villagers.

"Ah," he stopped, hearing footsteps behind him and a girl's gasp. He turned around and smiled lopsidedly, "the boss would love a young maiden like this."

"Eeeek!" Kagome yelled, backing away once again. He advanced towards her, his arms outstretched and fingers twitching.

"Kagome!" Shippo exclaimed, trying to think of something he could do to save her. I know!! He thought triumphantly. "Spinning top!" he yelled, throwing a little toy top out onto the bandit's head. The top grew and grew and started spinning on the mans head.

"Aaah!! It hurts!! Take it off!!" he yelled, being pushed forcefully into the ground.

"Come on Kagome! We gotta run!" Shippo yelled, taking her hand again and leading her in the opposite direction.

The top stopped spinning and shrunk quickly two minutes later.

"Damn that fox child…" the man mumbled, picking up his sword. "I'll kill him!"

"I think we're safe now," Shippo sighed, slowing his pace down.

"Thank you so much Shippo!" Kagome exclaimed, bringing the little fox into a tight hug. Inuyasha still sat on her shoulders, his face turning red from jealousy. Shippo noticed and stuck his tongue out before trying as best he could to put his small arms around Kagome also.

Soon a cry was heard from the direction of the battle.

"That sounds like Sango!" Kagome exclaimed, finding some arrows and a bow, picking them up and rushing back towards the scene.

"Sango!" Miroku yelled, hitting Morugamo in the stomach with his staff and rushing over to her. She had fallen off Kirara, having a sword thrust right through her side.

"Mi…roku…" Sango whispered, her whole body shaking from the shock.

"Don't give in Sango!" he cried out, staring into her eyes.

"Behind…you…" she managed to get out before falling unconscious. Miroku turned around just in time to see Morugamo poised in mid-air, his sword ready to crack Miroku's skull open. But he just stayed there; his eyes seemed out of focus. He fell forwards right beside Miroku, with an arrow in his back.

"Miroku! Sango!" Kagome cried out, dropping her bow and running over towards the two.

"Sango's hurt…" Miroku said, his usual cheery appearance disappearing. Kirara flew down after finishing off the rest of the bandits, nuzzling Sango's cheek sadly.

"I hate to say it…but we need to get her to Kaede," Kagome nodded, helping Sango onto Kirara and letting Miroku sit behind her. She went over to the fallen Morugamo and took the shard out of his chest, purifying it instantly. Just then, the bandit who had ambushed Kagome and Shippo before appeared.

"You! Fox! I'll kill you!" He yelled, rushing at Shippo with his sword.

"Aah!!" Shippo yelled, hiding behind Kagome.

"Kazaana!" Miroku yelled, opening his Kazaana and sucking the bandit in and closing it quickly after. "What a nuisance."

"Well now that that is over," Kagome smiled as Shippo transformed to carry her, "To Kaede! No funny stuff either Miroku."

"So nice to know she trusts me…" Miroku mumbled, holding onto Sango tightly while Kirara set off towards the village.

~

"Perfect…the stage is all set," Naraku smirked, watching the group head back to Kaede's village. "Sango is unable to battle and Inuyasha is useless."

"Wouldn't it just prove you are too weak to kill Inuyasha if you kill him as a baby?" Kagura commented, opening and closing her fan out of boredom.

"Silence. I can't wait any longer. Inuyasha must die now," Naraku snarled, balling his hands into fists and clenching them together.

"Alright. You know I'll help you Naraku," Kagura replied, disappearing into the darkness again.

"Inuyasha. You WILL die tomorrow, by my hands," Naraku stated, glaring at the mirror.

~

"Oh, Lady Kagome!" Kaede called, waving happily.

"I am not forgiving you, Kaede," Kagome snapped, "Sango is hurt."

"Let's see what we can do," Kaede led them back to her hut.

That night they ate in silence except for Inuyasha, who kept humming to himself happily unaware of what was going on.

"I'm going to check on Sango," Miroku said quietly, getting up and walking into the next room.

"Who is it?" a voice called as he entered the next room.

"Miroku," he said softly, sitting down beside her in the dimly lit room.

"This will heal in two days, I'm fine," she said before he could even speak.

"I wasn't going to say something like that…" he trailed off, studying the look on her face. Kirara had reverted back to her smaller form, and was curled up in between Sango's shoulder and neck. He laid his hand on her wound gently, making the normally strong demon slayer blush a bright pink. "I just want you to be okay."

"Don't touch me, please," she whispered, blushing even more.

"Sorry," Miroku took his hand away, his eye twitching.

"Hey Sango, I brought you some dinner," Kagome announced, walking into the room and setting a bowl of stew down.

"Thank you, Kagome-chan," Sango smiled, her blush fading away instantly as if nothing happened. Miroku however, continued twitching and stood up.

"Feel better Sango," he murmured before exiting the room.

"What was that all about?" Kagome wondered.

"Aha…nothing at all!" Sango said hurriedly, sitting up and eating her stew slowly.

"Well, I'll come in and check on you again later," Kagome smiled and stood up, "goodnight, Sango."

"Goodnight Kagome."

~Morning~

"Ah! I forgot!" Kagome exclaimed, "I have a test tomorrow!!"

"What's a `test' again?" Miroku asked, clearly puzzled by this word she kept uttering.

"It's an examination…an um…bunch of written questions that you are graded on," Kagome stuttered, hardly knowing how to explain what a test was.

"Oh," Miroku replied, clearly interested, "I would like to see one of these `tests'."

"Ehehe…okay then," Kagome laughed nervously, "I warn you I'm pretty bad…"

"But Kagome," Shippo said quietly, "are you leaving Inuyasha with us?"

"Eh?" Kagome asked, not comprehending the question at first. Then, "ah, I'll take him with me don't worry! You guys can relax."

"Thank you Kagome!" Shippo squealed, hugging Kagome tightly.

"Come back soon," Miroku nodded.

"Of course!" Kagome smiled, and ran inside to say goodbye to Sango.

"What's up Kagome?" Sango asked, aware of the commotion outside.

"I'm going back to my time to take a test, I'll tell Shippo to make sure Miroku stays away from you," she giggled, placing a hand on Sango's shoulder, "get well soon!"

"I will," Sango smiled, "good luck!"

"Thanks," Kagome replied, "good bye Kirara."

Kirara nuzzled Kagome's hand and made a sound. She left the hut and grabbed the chibi Inuyasha who was currently trying to open up the backpack Kagome brought.

"We're going back to my time chibi," Kagome told him, putting the backpack on and carrying Inuyasha in her arms. She waved goodbye to everyone and raced off towards the well.

~End~

Next Chapter: Chibi Inuyasha in Kagome's world! Wahoo!!

Thank you to all my reviewers! Keep reviewing because I love to read your comments ^^.