InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Damaged Soul ❯ Chapter 3

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

cassandralynn30: You're right. It should be Seshoumaru and Inuyasha, but your sentence that Inuyasha has hurt Kagome one too many times, made me get an idea. So thanks.
 
 
inudewaruika: Thanks for your review. I'll see what can I do.
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own these series
 
A Damaged Soul
 
Chapter 3
 
Seshoumaru leaned against the tall oak tree, eyes closed, with all appearances of resting. However, his left eye was half-lidded and trained on the silent miko who sat under a tree some distance from him. Rin and Shippou were playing in the field and one of his ears was perked in their direction.
 
It had been amazing the way the little fox kit had found himself at ease when he had met Rin. However the same could not be said for the human miko. Her façade was blank, a complete mirror of his. He could not smell any emotions from her. Her once joyful eyes were dull and although she washed and kept her appearance, she didn't have any heart in it. The only time she smiled was when the kit or Rin were with her. And even then, the smile was forced.
 
The kit was no fool. Seshoumaru thought to himself. He could assess his mothers emotions but did his best to cheer her up. The miko showed no rudeness to him after they exchange the first night. She didn't question what he did, why he was making her travel with him. He gave her two days to heal and then told her to come. Without hesitation, she picked up her bag, which was considerably lighter, and followed, her kit with her.
 
They had reached Rin and Jaken around noon and the little girl had launched herself at her lord blabbing about what she had done and then when she had noticed the miko, she had launched herself at her and immediately had become fast friends with Shippou.
 
They had made camp again in the evening as Seshoumaru had sensed Kagome's weariness and pain. So now the children were playing Ah-Un was grazing quietly and Jaken was taking a nap. Things couldn't be more peaceful except the fact that the girl's unresponsive behaviour was irking him. He didn't know why but it made him flex his claws when she looked around at her surroundings, no expression on her face. It was like her face had forgotten how to smile.
 
Kagome shifted and looked up to see the demon lord staring at her. Not bothered she met his gaze, without interest.
 
He looks so much like Inuyasha and yet he does not look like Inuyasha. Inuyasha. Her thoughts were painful and she blinked trying to dispel them. She thought of the color blue and a blank smile graced her features as her eyes slipped shut and she could feel the strange sensation of floating in the mindless blue color. It was like she was there and she had nowhere to go. Just floating. Her mind was at ease, her troubles forgotten. She wished she could stay here forever but she knew she couldn't. This peace was not meant for her. Never for her. But that didn't mean she couldn't enjoy it. She kept slipping further and further till a red and silver haze crept in front of her.
She stared at it like a curious child. Extending her arm, she touched it, and she felt at peace. The aura was in pain though, so she tried to heal it. Her purification powers burned into life as she passed it over the aura dispelling its pain. It wrapped itself around her and she sighed. Oh how she never wanted to let go. But she had to. She didn't know why though.
 
“Kagome.”
 
The voice was familiar.
 
“Miko.”
 
Oh, why couldn't it just leave her be.
 
Miko, the half breed is on his way here.”
 
Kagome's eyes shot open.
 
**************************8
 
`I want My Bitch!'
 
`Shut up!'
 
Inuyasha had been having this conversation with his demon all day long. Miserably, he looked at the flying ground beneath him, Shut Up! She doesn't want us! I hurt her!
 
`We can heal her. We can love her. Let us out. Mate is in pain!”
 
The last sentence was injected with a howl of anguish.
 
Inuyasha cringed, when Miroku spoke up, “Are you allright Inuyasha?”
 
His voice gravelly, he replied in a low tone, “Yeah.”
 
Suddenly a scent hit his nose. A scent of jasmine. He stopped in his tracks as his beast howled in need. Kagome was somewhere in the area. The surprise was so great, the relief so enormous that in a second, he lost control.
 
His aura pulsed wildly, and even the Tetsaiga was not able to withhold it. The beast wanted his mate and she was nearby. His eyes grew red, and his claws elongated. His hair increased in volume, and jagged purple stripes appeared on his cheeks and wrists.
 
Sango and Miroku gasped, but Kilala did not react. She kept sitting peacefully on her mistress's shoulder.
 
The now demon Inuyasha growled and scented the air. His eyes narrowed as he smelled his brother near his mate. His feet moved forward with god like speed as he followed the direction of the scent.
 
The scent grew stronger and stronger till he burst out of the trees to see Kagome sitting on the ground. Her face showed no emotion. Seshoumaru stood in front of her, his face blank, “Why are you here, half breed?”
 
Kgaome's façade began to crack when he answered, “This Inuyasha has come to retrieve his mate.”
 
Kagome let out a strangled gasp but said nothing.
 
“Mate? You do not harm your mate, hanyou. Tell me those are not your claws scarring her shoulder and back.”
 
Inuyasha let out a snarl of anger, “It was the human side. I was not allowed to come out. I have suppressed my side, and want to claim my bitch!”
 
“Claim her? She belongs to me now. Her life and death are in my hands. You have no more claim over her. You have abused what claim you had.”
 
The demon Inuyasha growled threateningly before something came over him. His eyes on his mate, he let out a crooning cry. Something twisted inside her as a part of her wanted to respond to the cry and run into Inuyasha's arms while another part of her struggled viciously against it. She got to her feet but stayed put, her face now showing signs of indecision.
 
She couldn't go back to him. He'd hurt her again. But she wanted to. Oh, how she wanted to. But putting a firm hold on her instincts she stood still.
 
Inuyasha increased his cry in volume and she found her feet move accord. She felt that if she would move towards him all her problems would disappear. So she stopped again.
 
The demon Inuyasha ceased his call as an indescribable pain hit him in the gut. His mate was rejecting him. His mate was rejecting him. His wanted to go to her and beg her. But he knew it probably wouldn't work. He took a step, his pain becoming unbearable. His eyes were still trained on Kagome and the pain must have shown on his face because he saw something shift in her eyes. She took a step forward, her hand outstretched, not able to withstand his pain.
 
He lowered his head, his bangs hiding his eyes. His thoughts were bitterly accusing, `Are you happy? We've again lost something we should have loved. Could have loved. All because of you, you stupid human. You! You were so obsessed with the undead miko, that you hurt our mate with your ignorance and then you turned on her! You marked her with our accursed claws.'
 
He studied his claws, a fury rising within him. An uncontrollable fury. Then everything went blank. As if everything had been wiped clean as his demon side understood for once that he could not keep anything by his side. A family wasn't meant for him. A loving mate wasn't meant for him. He was supposed to spend the rest of his life alone, unloved.
 
He chuckled.
 
Anguish ate up inside of Kagome, as she heard the heavy bitterness lining his small laugh. She wanted to ease his pain. She never wanted to hear that bitterness in Inuyasha's voice, ever again.
 
She was just coming to a decision when Inuyasha moved towards her. Seshoumaru immediately blocked his path and the demon Inuyasha stopped in his tracks.
 
Then he spoke, “Protect her.”
 
His eyes looked over Kagome, memorizing it. He then smiled, a pained bitter smile and turned around. Slowly, he started walking, forcing his feet to move away. His mind blank, he walked way from what could have been his life. He paused in his tracks to see Shippou staring at him with an indescribable expression on his young face.
 
He averted his eyes as another pang hit his heart. His beast moaned mournfully, My pup.
 
He walked over to him and ran a hand over his red hair, “You protect her too, pup.”
 
He had only gone a distance when he heard Kagome's voice. She only said one word but that word stopped him in his tracks.
 
Inuyasha.”
 
A.N: Well? Is it just me or are the chapters getting shorter and shorter. But people I can't write without reviews. Threats are more than welcome.