InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Damaged Soul ❯ Chapter 4

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Rachel Amanda: Do you really want Seshoumaru to kill Kagome?
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own these series
 
A Damaged Soul
 
Chapter 4
 
“Tell Sango and Miroku I'm sorry.”
 
Inuyasha breathed in, trying to control his anguish. He just nodded and disappeared into the trees.
 
Kagome sank to her knees, her mind blank. She could not comprehend what had just happened. Her face felt wet, so she touched it. When she pulled her hand away, she gazed at her tears curiously. A giggle built up in her throat. Even now, after all that he's done to me. Why do I still cry for him?
 
She kept staring at her hand, and then laughed. It was a bitter mocking laugh. I am so fucked up.
 
Seshoumaru looked at the miko who seemed unaware of his presence. She was so deep in thought that he doubted anything could disturb her. A sigh escape his lips as he spotted the fox child standing at a distance staring at its surrogate mother, tears in his eyes.
 
Turning on his heel, he left the area to hunt.
 
********
Kagome stared into the fire, giving the appearance of one deep in thought. However, she was not. She was simply staring. There was something fascinating about the fire. The way its flames jumped about, licking each other. The way it kept changing color, from red to yellow to green to blue.
 
The children were asleep, as was Jaken and Ah-Un. Her only companion was Seshoumaru, who too was staring into the fire. Kagome's dinner lay by her side untouched, as her fascination with the dancing flames grew so much that she unconsciously extended a hand towards it.
 
It was so close. She could almost feel the heat burning her skin, when a clawed hand grasped hers, centimeters from the fire.
 
She looked up.
 
“You will cease this foolishness.”
 
She merely stared at him, like a child, curiosity etched on her face.
 
Seshoumaru stared back, his amber eyes holding no emotion. He did not release her hand and neither did she pull it away from him.
 
Their eyes kept gazing into each other till Seshoumaru dropped her hand.
 
“Go to sleep miko. Tomorrow we travel.”
 
He retired to his side of the fire. Kagome gazed at her wrist. Interesting, she mused, as she examined her wrist, His claws didn't leave any bruises.
 
She dragged her gaze away from her wrist towards her bag. Maybe she should unpack her sleeping bag.
 
Or maybe not.
 
She lay down on the hard floor, using her arm as a pillow. Staring up at the sky, she drew mindless patterns. Gradually her thoughts moved to Inuyasha. The demon Inuyasha. He was so different from the hanyou.
 
His eyes had been red and held no thirst for the bloodshed she had always seen when he had transformed. Something had seemed off. Why had he kept calling her his mate? His eyes had been so anguished. She winced.
 
He had hurt her and yet when he had looked at her, so heartbroken, so lonely, she had wanted to go to him, comfort him, to tell him that she forgave him. But she had held back. A small part of her had refused to trust him again.
 
It seemed like when she had died and Seshoumaru had revived her, she felt strange. Lost. She didn't need to smile anymore, she didn't need to talk anymore. She just existed, a fish in an unknown sea, with no place to call home. So she just followed Seshoumaru. Where he went, she went. She didn't question his motives. He fed her and her kit, and she was satisfied.
 
She closed her eyes, trying to dispel her train of thoughts and drifted off to sleep.
 
********
 
“So the miko has left Inuyasha? Interseting. Kanna!”
 
The pale child appeared in front of Naraku.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Show me the miko.”
 
Kanna held her mirror forward and an image of a sleeping Kagome appeared.
 
“Her aura is getting darker. Maybe I can use this to my advantage. Call Kagura.”
 
As Kanna left, Naraku smiled. A slow malicious smile.
 
A.N: I'm sorry this as short, but I've got my papers and won't be able to update for a while.