InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Damaged Soul ❯ Chapter 9

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own these series
 
A Damaged Soul
 
Chapter 8
 
“Kagome! Kagome!”
 
Sango and Miroku rushed into the clearing, worry and fear present on their faces.
 
“The miko is resting.”
 
Seshoumaru was holding Kagome protectively.
 
Sango stopped in her tracks at the sight. Looking back, she cast an uncertain glance at the hanyou who had somehow broken the girl she considered her little sister.
 
He had just rushed into her room and explained in short terse sentences the situation. She hadn't bothered to question his appearance and after informing Miroku, they had rushed to the scene.
 
Now she noticed, Inuyasha standing at a distance, his head bowed.
 
She turned her attention back to the demon lord, “What is happening to her?”
 
Even though she tried to hide the tremble in her voice, Seshoumaru noticed and answered, “This Seshoumaru believed that the miko's aura is being tainted and Naraku has seized that opportunity to attack her mind, playing on her insecurities.”
 
He cast a look at Inuyasha, who retreated even more.
 
Looking back at Sango he said, “Inuyasha has bonded her to him with his blood. However the bond will weaken in a seven days time, unless the miko is healed internally.”
 
Miroku frowned, “So what do we do, Lord Seshoumaru?”
 
“You will travel with this Seshoumaru's pack. This Seshoumaru knows a demon miko, who can remove Naraku's influence from her mind. The journey is of five days. We will start now.”
 
He turned around and started walking, in what seemed a random direction. Rin and Shippou, their faces somber, ran after him. Jaken, with Ah-Un, cast a glance at the two humans and followed.
 
Sango looked at Miroku and he nodded firmly. They too started walking. Inuyasha watched them, his heart heavy, and started walking slowly.
 
They walked like this in a formation, without stopping or taking a break. The only time they stopped was at night, to set camp.
 
Silence reigned in the camp, as they all sat around the firelight, each lost in their dark and despairing thoughts. All of them thinking of Kagome.
 
A slight movement startled them all, and their eyes hopeful yet wary, they all turned towards the figure on the bedroll.
 
Kagome moaned out in pain and both Seshoumaru and Inuyasha were at her side in a heartbeat.
 
Through her concern, Sango noticed how similar and different the two brothers looked. With their white hair, their amber eyes and concerned postures, they, in that moment, looked more alike than they would have known.
 
The one difference that separated their identities was their faces. Inuyasha's face showed pain and concern. It leaked from his very being. Seshoumaru on the other hand, revealed nothing. If not for his clenched fist, no one would feel his worry.
 
Kagome's body arched up, in pain and she cried out. Suddenly, before anybody could react, her body was enveloped in pink purification energy. Seshoumaru, Inuyasha, Shippou, Jaken, Ah-Un and Kilala were thrown back with a strong force.
 
They crashed against the trees with a resounding boom. Shippou, Kilala and Jaken were knocked out cold while Ah-Un staggered to his feet.
 
“KAGOME!!!!!”
 
Inuyasha jumped towards the barrier, ignoring each time he got purified. He pounded on the shield with all his strength, not paying heed to the immeasurable pain, each blow cost him.
 
“KAGOME!” He roared, not caring how she might react on seeing him. All he could see was her writhing form.
 
“DAMMIT!” He pulled out the Tetsuiga, and the blade turned red as he struck it against the barrier. But nothing happened.
 
He howled in pain, and frustration, sinking to his knees, “MAATEEE!!!!!!!!!”
 
Then the strangest thing happened. The barrier grew bigger, enveloping his shuddering form in it. Everyone looked on in shock and fear, except for Seshoumaru. He remained calm and unaffected, a hint of satisfaction, gleaming in his eyes.
 
Npot wasting anytime, Inuyasha rushed towards the twisting form of Kagome and grabbed her by her shoulders, “Kagome! Wake up! Goddammit, wench, wake up!”
 
He was screaming by now, tears pouring down his anguished face. He didn't care who saw him.
 
Then his eyes flashed red as he lowered his mouth to her neck and bit down deeply.
 
“What is he doing to her?” gasped Sango in horror and anguish. Miroku's eyes were tight with fear for Kagome.
 
Seshoumaru's voice depicted no emotion as he answered, “He's doing the only thing he can. Before his full transformation, his beast had chosen Kagome as its true mate, and now that Inuyasha is a full demon, the beast and the human have converged together to form one of the most powerful youkai ever known to existence. Kagome is his other half. The miko is his balance. Like the moon balances the sun, like Yin balances Yang, Kagome balances Inuyasha.
 
“His balance is being tethered and he's trying to regain it the only way he knows how. By marking her and exchanging their blood. He's extending her life force. This way she'll be able to fight Naraku's hold on her mind.”
 
They all watched, unable to say anything, as Inuyasha changed the destiny of the girl they all loved.
 
A.N: Okay, so I know this is short but when I'm not under pressure, I don't write well or quick. So you'll have to excuse me. I'll try to update when possible. Love you all. Oh and don't forget to review. In the next chapter I'm thinking of showing what Kagome's going through while unconscious. Anyone think, that's a gud idea?