InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Damaged Soul ❯ Chapter 10

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own these series
 
A Damaged Soul
 
Chapter 9
 
She floated in endless darkness, with no beginning or end. Time was at a standstill. It was neither hot nor cold. For the first time in so many years, she felt at peace. She didn't know how she got here, but she wasn't one to look a gift horse in the mouth.
 
So, she closed her eyes and let her body float aimlessly. The dark was soothing and relaxing. It was so much better than a hot bath.
 
This is where you should be. Away from a fight that was never yours. Away from people who lied to you. Who betrayed you. Close your eyes. Sleep. Rest. They can't hurt you here. You're safe here. They're all liars. You mean nothing to them.
 
Kagome let the hypnotic voice guile her. It was so much better than resisting. She should stay here. It was nice here. Peaceful here. No one could hurt her here. She was safe here.
 
Safe?
 
Her eyes shot open.
 
Safe from who? From what?
 
An unbidden image of amber eyes and silver hair sparked in her mind. However, instead of snarling with openly revealed rage, or cold with unsmothered hate, they were sad.
 
Heartbroken. Tears were flowing out, as he howled something, she couldn't hear. She could read the desperation, the helplessness in his eyes. She closed her eyes, wanting to get rid of his pain. Not him. She didn't want to see him in pain. Her heart lurched. God, not him!
 
She had to get out. To stop his pain. To heal his pain.
 
Then came the pain. The horrifying agonizing ice hot pain. She tried to scream, but no sound escaped her lips. She clutched her throat with both hands. Her voice!
 
The pain kept washing over her.
 
Why do you want to lessen his pain, Kagome? He harmed you didn't he? He used his claws on you, didn't he? He, who swore to protect you, was the one who turned around and harmed you in the end, and over what? A clay pot? Over somebody who was already dead. He marred your body with those animal claws because you killed somebody who was already dead?
 
 
“NO!!! INUYASHA!!!”
 
Kagome clutched her head in both her hands and screamed a sound of pure agony. She didn't notice that she had gotten her voice back. The tears poured down her delicate cheeks and her grief was so that the tiny piece of her mind that was holding back her raw powers burst open. Her eyes glowed with pure pink energy. Her screams continued as she struggled to get the silky voice out of her head.
 
Inuyasha!
 
She forgot the fact that she was scared of him, that he had hurt her. She just wanted to reach out and ease the pain.
 
Suddenly she felt bonds on her wrists and legs. She struggled viciously. Instinctively, she knew whatever it was preventing her from protecting Inuyasha. She snarled, her pink eyes taking on a reddish hue. The pain she was feeling was all but forgotten when she heard his voice, howling, “MAATEE!!!!”
 
Suddenly her neck started burning and she whimpered in pain. It felt like she was being drained. Her heartbeat started slowing but her powers grew stronger. They whipped around her like a hurricane, severing her bonds.
 
And then she was free. Without, stopping to think, she moved towards where she felt Inuyasha.
 
She closed her eyes where his presence was the strongest.
 
Her eyes opened and met a pair of amber eyes.
 
A.N: Short I know. Review. Next chapter is out soon. I'm on a roll!!!! REVIEW GODAMMIT! Oh and dusken dreamer, when you wrote the world talent in your review you became my best friend.