InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Damaged Soul ❯ Chapter 11

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own these series
 
A Damaged Soul
 
Chapter 10
 
Kagome opened her eyes. Although they were blurred with pain, she could still see the anguished amber eyes.
 
She stared into his eyes for what seemed like a long time. Tears were dripping down his face still. With a trembling hand, she reached up and put it softly, carefully on his cheek.
 
“Inuyasha.”
 
Inuyasha covered the hand that was on his cheek with his own. She had come back to him. That was all he could think.
“Don't cry. I don't like it.”
 
“Kagome.”
 
He whispered her name reverently.
 
“You came back to me.”
 
She smiled weakly, “I guess so.”
 
The fatigue started creeping up on her and her eyes started slipping shut.
 
“Kagome!”
 
Inuyasha held on to her frantically.
 
Kagome smiled slightly, “It's all right, Inuyasha. I need to rest.”
 
Her hand fell from his cheek as she drifted into a peaceful slumber. She mumbled, “I'll be fine. I'm just glad you're not hurt.”
 
Hours passed and the barrier still remained standing. Inuyasha did not move from his position. He was on his knees, cradling his mate's fragile body as she rested.
 
Even though she had spoken to him and smiled at him, he knew he was far from forgiven and had yet to earn her trust and love back. Not just for her sake but for his own as well.
 
He clenched his fist, and watched as the blood poured from his palm. For what he had done. For what pain his human side had caused his mate, he would have to make up for it, even if it ended up costing him his life.
 
He bowed his head, unable to bear the pain. If he could just go back in time . . .
 
*&*&*&*&*&*
 
Seshoumaru stared at the barrio for an infinite time and then suddenly to the amazement of the two humans, his stiff posture relaxed and he went to the nearest tree and sat down under it.
 
“Lord Seshoumaru?” ventured Miroku cautiously.
 
“All is well. Inuyasha has marked the miko. She is safe.”
 
“But the barrio-“
 
The demon lord glanced at the worried demon slayer, “The miko's mind is strong indeed. Unconsciously, she is protecting herself and her mate, both who are right now vulnerable. She will let down the barrio once she is certain of her surroundings.”
 
He lapsed into silence. A wide eyed Rin looked at him and then towards Shippo's prone figure. Seshoumaru nodded to her silent question.
 
Running towards her best friend, Rin tended to him, while all the adults sat in grim silence waiting for the morning.
 
A.N: I'm going to write small chapters from now on. You see, my logic is the less I tell you, the more tension and suspense builds up. Oh and this chapter is dedicated to Dusken Dreamer, my regular reviewer. I always look forward to your reviews. Oh and pease rreview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!