InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Damaged Soul ❯ Chapter 12

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own these series
 
A Damaged Soul
 
Chapter 11
 
 
Kagome opened her eyes for the second time. Blearily, she blinked twice to clear her vision. She didn't try to get up, although she felt better than she had in days.
 
Suddenly she realized that her head was cushioned on something very soft and at the same time equally hard. Before she could look up, a hesitant voice called her name.
 
Without thinking, she scrambled up and backed away as fast as she could.
 
Her eyes met a pair of amber eyes. And suddenly a feeling of pain, agony and acceptance clouded her mind. She gasped out and he was suddenly there, hovering over her, not touching her.
 
“Kagome!”
 
A hand over her chest, she gasped out, “Get away from me! Please! Just don't come near me!”
 
He backed away. She didn't miss the flash of hurt and pain on his face. She felt a twinge of pain for his pain but she couldn't risk it. Wouldn't risk it.
 
Her eyes darted here and there wildly, “Where is Seshoumaru?”
 
Her eyes countered the pink barrier and narrowed in confusion. She then looked at him. Somehow, she didn't feel unsafe with him. Some deep instinct was telling her that he wouldn't hurt her now.
 
Her eyes fell on his fisted hands and she didn't miss the bitter tone, “He's outside the barrier. You projected a barrier last night.”
 
“A barrier?”
 
“Yeah. Naraku attacked your mind last night. You fought him off. That's why…”
 
She didn't ask how he had entered the barrier. She was afraid to ask that question. Breathing calmly, she pulled back the barrier and her eyes fell on her friends.
 
“Sango? Miroku?”
 
“Kagome!”
 
They rushed towards her.
 
Inuyasha walked past his brother and stopped for a second, “Don't let her know.”
 
It was barely a whisper but Seshoumaru responded just as quietly, “I won't.”
 
Inuyasha heard him and leapt into the forest. His heart burned with pain agony. He wanted to scream, to howl, to let someone feel his pain and hurt but he knew he couldn't. He deserved to suffer, just like Kagome had suffered.
 
Stopping on a high branch of a tree, he leaned his head against the hard trunk. Closing his eyes, he relived the bitter fury and helplessness, he had felt when Kagome had backed away from him and asked for Seshoumaru. Her eyes had been wild, with fear, with desperation. He had wanted to erase that look from her face, but he knew that now only Seshoumaru could do that. She now looked on to Seshoumaru for that.
 
He banged his fist onto the branch, unaware of the tears pouring down his cheeks. He had never cried this way, not when his mother had been killed. He had controlled his grief, layered it with hate. This grief was uncontrollable, unmanageable. He jumped to the ground and sank to his knees.
 
His claws gripped at the dirt. He stayed in that position for a long time.
 
Kagome.
 
He had marked her, her soul had accepted him, but he knew she never would. He had finally broken the girl he loved. He laughed bitterly. He could almost hear the Fates laughing at him.
 
He would never see her laugh at him, smile at him, scowl at him, the way only she could. He had destroyed her. Broken her. And that in turn, was breaking him. His demon had erased all traces of human in him, had taken over, but it was too late now. He had already lost her.
 
His demon mourned, would have to watch helplessly, as she turned to his brother, when she should turn to him. And he knew that he wouldn't stop her. He deserved it. He deserved every bit of pain he received.
 
Far away, Kagome's eyes filmed over and she gasped out, letting out a keening cry of pain and suffering. Her companions cried out in surprise and worry. Seshoumaru stared out in the direction of the path his brother had taken. For the first time in his life, he felt sorry for what his brother was going through.
 
A.N: I know its been a long time but I was confused. Most of you said that Inuyasha should not be forgiven and now I have to make you feel sorry for him so that Kagome can forgive him. Doesn't make sense, does it? Wait for my next update. And review. You say you like my story and then I get two or three reviews for a chapter. Let me tell you, that really hurts. Can you hear that, can you? It's the sound of my breaking heart. Come on people, a few reviews isn't gonna kill anyone.