InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Damaged Soul ❯ Chapter 15

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own these series
 
A Damaged Soul
 
Chapter 14
 
A.N: Hey, sorry for the long wait, but what wid skul and all, and my computer's apparent hatred for me(I don't understand why, though…I worship the goddamn thing), I cudnt update. Pus, my cuzin got married, awesome wedding. The bride was so pretty, AND she's really nice. We really hit it off…. Nd there I go, blabbing. Allright*rubs hands nervously* LETS DO THIS THING 1,2,3, GOOOOOOOO
 
She was floating again…. Why did she keep seeing the same thing over and over again, each night?
 
The red and silver blur was there again but the aura seemed lighter, happier and it was bound to her. Several fragile tendrils wrapped themselves around her waist. They didn't feel uncomfortable, instead she liked them there. Possessiveness, protectiveness, love, but at the same time, there was a slight wariness, hesitance that she didn't feel comfortable with, but it was there.
 
It stroked her gently and she nuzzled her aura against it. When she did, it purred happily and repeated the gesture.
 
Suddenly a slight wind picked up and Kagome looked around warily. Something didn't feel right. Someone was there. Someone wanted to harm her mate and her. Her eyes narrowed and she flared her powers warningly. It backed off and then started prodding again. She growled now, angrily, protectively, possessively. Her hair started flying around her face, pink started leaking into her eyes, as she protected the aura, her mate, her life.
 
************
 
Inuyasha woke up, immediately alert. Something was wrong, but what? Then he realized it. He was surrounding by a protective barrier, as was Kagome. She was twisting and turning in her sleep, murmuring and muttering. He looked up and met the blank amber gaze of his brother across the clearing. Since his brother was just sitting there, in a relaxed posture, he didn't panic. Instead, he moved towards Kagome and shook her, gently, then hard when she didn't respond.
 
“Kagome! Wake the hell up!”
 
She still didn't respond and her facial expression twisted to one of anger and desperation, as she started muttering something in a strange language. The barrier glowed with more energy and Seshoumaru quirked an elegant brow. This wasn't looking too good.
 
Inuyasha narrowed his eyes and before he realized what he was doing, he leant down and bit her neck, drawing blood. His beast came out, instinctually protecting his mate, through the infusion of blood
 
“Wake up, mate!”
 
The guttural order of the beast reached out to Kagome's subconscious and she obeyed without hesitation. Her mate wanted her to withdraw from the fight and casting a strong but temporary barrier around him, she opened her eyes.
 
The beast gazed at the eyes glowing with pink energy and growled, showing its dominance. She immediately bared her neck and he licked her pulse in acknowledgement. Seshoumaru looked on, his expression bored but his interest roused. His miko and his brother were in their most basic forms and were just acting on their instincts.
 
They stared at each other, till the Inuyasha's beast growled again and Kagome lowered her eyes. Pleased with her, he nuzzled her throat and she whimpered, her eyes squeezed shut.
 
From across the clearing, Seshoumaru closed his eyes in satisfaction. His miko was going to be all right. Ever since he had taken her and she had traveled with him, he had analyzed all the feelings she roused in him.
 
For a brief period, he had wondered whether he saw the miko as a potential mate, for she was indeed very powerful, almost to his equal and she could bear very strong pups. They would be hanyou of course, but it would be worth it to have strong and powerful pups, immune to both youkai and miko attacks.
 
But then, slowly, he realized that he did not want the miko, though she was beautiful in an innocent and pure way, he just didn't harbor those sort of feelings for her. Though vaguely disappointed, he was also vastly relieved. Him, the Great Seshoumaru, mating a human. It was unheard of.
 
But he had realized that his feelings were those of a pack leader towards the beta female. The search of a worthy male for her was his instinctual reaction. He was satisfied that Inuyasha had decided to mark her and mate her as he was the strongest inu, not stronger than him, but powerful enough.
 
He relaxed, knowing nobody would come near this strange pack, not if they were suicidal, for the powerful possessive vibes Inuyasha was giving off would scare anybody away.
 
Inuyasha lapped at her pulse and Kagome moaned. Her eyes closed and she bared her neck even more, trying to give him access. Pleased with her, Inuyasha started biting and nipping along her delicate skin.
 
Hmm…His mate. His Bitch. His Kagome. She was all his. And he would prove this to her. Prove that he was worth it. She would forgive him.
 
He kissed her neck and took her in her arms, growling at her protests, till she submitted and lay still. His growl turned into a rumbling sound, as he lulled her to sleep. It was just a matter of some time, before she would come to him willingly. He would prove himself to her and she would forgive him.
 
He twitched slightly as a small seed of doubt niggled at the back of his mind. What if she didn't forgive him? What if she never forgave the pain his human side caused her? Gritting his teeth, he looked at her, now asleep. His beast had resided and was now purring in contentment. He was holding his mate in his arms and she wasn't afraid of him. Slowly, looking at her, he too fell into slumber, his mind, for once, at peace.
 
As the sun rose, Kagome's eyes opened. It had become a habit after traveling with Seshoumaru. She blinked and rubbed a hand over her eyes. It was then that she realized that someone was holding her. She twisted her head to see a pair of sleepy amber eyes. Her heart jolted in fear and she scrambled away, breaking his hold on her.
 
Inuyasha's eyes tightened and he clenched his fist, as if to ward off the pain. He lowered his eyes and his bangs hid them. His jaw clenched, he just stared at the ground, blankly, trying to blink away the pulse of sudden pain and rejection. It wasn't like he didn't deserve it, right. He should have expected this much.
 
Kagome looked at him in dazed fear and she looked around for Seshoumaru. The Demon Lord was sitting in the same position he had occupied last night and he was looking at her, a brow raised. As her heart calmed down, she remembered yesterday's events and what she had asked of Inuyasha. Her heart lurched as she realized that she was hurting Inuyasha with her actions.
 
Moving forward, she whispered, “I'm sorry.”
 
He didn't look at her, just shrugged. She leant forward, and placed her palm on his cheek, turning his head towards her. Her heart bled as she saw the raw anguish in his amber eyes. Forgetting that Seshoumaru was watching, she pushed towards him, nearly sitting in his lap.
 
Cupping his face with both hands, she looked at him directly in the eye and said achingly, “I'm sorry. I just panicked.”
 
Then she put her mouth on his gently, as if healing a wound, several wounds. It worked, for a few minutes later, both of them, flushed and breathing hard, smiled. Then Inuyasha buried his nose in the crook of her neck and rumbled.
 
Kagome gasped as something in her belly started to twist and turn.
 
“Inuyasha…..stop it.”
 
Inuyasha had smelled her arousal and grinning wickedly, murmured, “Why?”
 
“Because-because….just stop doing whatever you're doing!”
 
He didn't stop. Now he was feeling way better.
 
Kagome moaned slightly and flushed immediately, “Inuyasha, your brother's watching!”
 
He shrugged, “He ain't a pup.” But he drew back anyways and just held her close, staring over head at Seshoumaru.
 
His brother stared back and then to Inuyasha's complete shock, Seshoumaru smirked and looked away.
 
He blinked to process it. His brother smirked? Who knew the ice prince could do such a thing….
 
Then he looked at the raven head, “Maybe we should wake up everybody.”
 
Morning was a horrendous affair. It always had been and it would always remain so, for humans. But today was different as the monk and the demon slayer had no idea how to step around either Kagome or Inuyasha. They still weren't aware of all the facts. But what they did know was puzzling enough. First Kagome couldn't bear to see Inuyasha but then she went to find him and they returned holding hands and now… GOD!
 
Sango and Kagome made breakfast as the children washed their faces in the nearby spring, escorted by Jaken and Ah-Un.
 
Sango looked out of the corner of her eye, at Kagome. Her heart ached a little bit at the cold attitude, she was receiving. A voice inside her head shouted at her, `What did I do? Why wouldn't you talk with me, laugh with me!? I miss you.'
 
Suddenly, it became more than she could bear. She stood up.
 
“Kagome, can I talk to you alone?”
 
Kagome looked up at her and then standing up, she nodded, “Of course.”
 
They made their way out of earshot and Sango sat down heavily on the moss. Kagome followed suit.
 
Miserable, Sango toyed with the moss, breaking it into pieces with her nimble fingers. Then taking a breath, she blurted, “Why are you treating me like this?”
 
Kagome looked at ground, “Like what?”
 
“Like I don't matter to you. Like you hate me! For Gods sake, what did I do?”
 
Kagome now stared at Sango, looking at the tears pouring down the face of someone she had considered her best friend. Suddenly, something clicked inside of her and as she realized the truth of the matter, her chest burned and she reached out to Sango, hugging her.
 
“I'm sorry. I shouldn't have. But with everything that had happened…..I shouldn't have believed it!”
 
Through the tears, she recounted the incident. Sango forgave her immediately and as they held each other, their bond of friendship grew stronger than ever.
 
“I'm sorry. It was stupid, but I was just so upset and ready to believe anything.”
 
“It's okay. I missed you, Kagome.”
 
“I missed you too, Sango. I think I missed Miroku too.”
 
Sango laughed, “Him, or his hands?”
 
“Both.”
 
They laughed and turned to leave when a silky voice from behind them asked, “Well, well, if it isn't a beautiful sight. Two young girls, alone, and defenseless.”
 
They whirled around and their eyes fell on a creature whose beauty rivaled that of Seshoumaru. Long green hair, framed a perfectly oval face which held turquoise eyes and a full mouth. He was garbed in a silk robe, which swirled around him, of purple and indigo. His lips smiled and he took a step forward. Instead of backing out, both girls put their hands on their hips and glared at him.
 
“What did you say?”
 
He blinked twice.
 
Sango growled, “Who're you calling defenseless?”
 
He looked at them thoughtfully, “Ah, so they're feisty too. Well, I always did like them feisty. They taste much better.”
 
Kagome made a face, “Ew! You were gonna eat us?”
 
The beautiful youkai looked at her and smiled, “Correction, onna. I am going to eat you.”
 
With that warning, he leapt forward, at the girls.
 
A.N: Look, I know most of you probably hate me. Its okay. I hate me too. The thing is, that I joined facebook and got really addicted to it and ignored my stories. But now tht college has started, I realized that I update very little, so I'm gonna make a promise. At least once a month, all right and if I don't you're all allowed to send me hate mail or hate reviews. And people please take some time to review. I know the most irritating thing about writing a review is the letters you've to type to prove you're human. God knows, I hate them, but please. If someone writes a story they like to be acknowledged. Put urselves in my place and puhlease REVIEWWWW!!!!!!!