InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Dark Past ❯ Innocent till Proven Guilty ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: You know the drill. I write, you read, I no own (but if it counts, I have thirty-two IY DVDs, three movies, two plush, and twenty-two manga), you enjoy. So, please enjoy. And if it isn't too much trouble, I would gladly accept reviews.
A/N: Thanks to the people who reviewed. I give you hugs and pocky.
 ~reviewers~
badBdamon:
No, not everyone is perverted, it's mostly Kouga and Miroku, Naraku is so-so, and Inuyasha may seem perverted when he's around Miroku, Kouga and Naraku, or having some very, very, very, very, VERY rare, dirty thoughts. K! Now, on with the chap!
 
K! On with this chap!
 
AGE:
InuYasha: 19
Kagome: 18
Kouga: 19
Naraku: 19
Miroku: 19
Sango: 18
Kaede: 65
 
 
A Dark Past
-
 
-
 
Chapter Three: Innocent till proven guilty
-
 
-
 
The sad thing is, that tone he used was a sorrowful one, that came from the depths of his iced over feelings.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Morning.
 
Great. `What a pleasantly wonderful day this will turn out to be - not.'
 
Inuyasha mentally groaned at the thought of a new nurse, here, with Kouga.
 
There was going to be one hell of a headache by the time he walked back into this room tonight. Damn.
 
The poor hanyou felt like walking up to the nearest wall and banging his head up against it until there was nothing left to bang against but rubble.
 
Okay, so he wasn't that desperate, but he was pretty close.
 
Very close.
 
Too close.
 
Inuyasha looked out the dirty barred window like he did every morning. Like always, it was about nine. Breakfast was soon.
 
Yep, all he had to do was sit here, in his bed, seeing as how he had already changed into clean clothes, and wait for Miroku to come and take him to the cafeteria. Not so hard.
 
Hell yeah, it was going to be a rough day. That Kagome girl was probably arriving somewhere between breakfast and lunch. Knowing Kaede, she'd probably just be able to take this day to relax and get into the routine.
 
Kouga was sure to behave himself while Kaede was around, but once she took her eyes off of Kouga for a minute, Inuyasha wondered how long it would take until he drove the poor girl crazy.
 
Not long, knowing Kouga.
 
Inuyasha gave Kagome two days. Most likely after those two days were up, she would flee as fast as possible away from this hellhole.
 
Too bad he wasn't the nurse fleeing for his sanity. Then, no one could stop him from leaving and he'd be free.
 
Free. . . what a missed word. He hadn't really used that word in a while. No, no scratch that, he hadn't used that word since he got here. No one could be `free' here. Everyone was kept in these cage-rooms.
 
No; no one could have freedom here. Probably no one would, either. Not for a long time yet.
 
He could hear - and smell - Miroku walking down the hall. Any minute he would arrive and drag Inuyasha out into the cafeteria. Well, it was a change of scenery, at least. . .
 
“Good morning, Inuyasha! And how are you on this pleasant day?”
 
`If I said it once I'd say it again: curse optimism.'
 
“Cheerful.”
 
“You are, really?”
 
“Why, no, Miroku.”
 
“Oh. . .”
 
Did Miroku actually think he was being serious?
 
“I'm supposed to go to the cafeteria now, Miroku,” Inuyasha reprimanded, hating the fact that he sounded like a mother scolding a child.
 
“Oh, why yes. Let's go. Come on.” He tossed his head in the direction of the door and they both walked out and the door was slammed shut behind them.
 
Miroku cheerfully walked - almost skipped - down the hall as Inuyasha gloomily trekked behind, looking like he was being taken to his death - one that he would have happily accepted at that moment.
 
“So, Inuyasha, I hear the new nurse will be arriving right after lunch,” Miroku said - once again trying to make small talk.
 
“And you're telling me this because. . .?”
 
Miroku frowned. “You mean you actually don't care?”
 
“Have I given you any reason to believe otherwise?” Inuyasha asked in exasperation.
 
“ . . . Maybe.”
 
“What do you mean `maybe'?” the hanyou demanded.
 
“Nothing,” Miroku muttered as he - like always - came to the end of the hallway, slid his ID card, and opened the door for the two of them to go through.
 
“See ya later,” Miroku said as he walked over to his table.
 
“Sadly,” Inuyasha muttered to himself before he walked over to the table where Naraku and Kouga sat.
 
Well, Naraku was sitting, Kouga was more. . . more. . . floating.
 
Inuyasha sat down and looked at Kouga with suspicious eyes. “What are you doing?”
 
“She's coming; she's coming; she's coming,” he repeatedly muttered softly.
 
“Who?”
 
Naraku rolled his eyes at Inuyasha. “Who do you think is coming, baka?”
 
“Your grandma.”
 
“I wish,” Naraku mumbled. “But no, there's someone else who's coming. Here's a hint: new nurse.”
 
“I truthfully don't know or care.”
 
Naraku sighed. “Well then, you'll have to just figure it out on your own when she arrives.”
 
“Yeah, right.”
 
“Hey, aren't you supposed to be eating your breakfast?”
 
Inuyasha shrugged. “Not if I don't feel like it, besides I don't see you eating anything.”
 
“Already ate it,” Naraku said with a grin.
 
“Right.”
 
“Have you been listening to me?”
 
Naraku and Inuyasha looked at Kouga, who now seemed to be ticked off.
 
“Sorry, what was that you were saying?” Inuyasha inquired purely out of boredom.
 
“I was saying it's only a few more hours until she'll arrive.”
 
“Who is this `she' you two continue to refer to?” Inuyasha asked, merely to see Kouga's reaction.
 
Kouga's eyes widened in horror. “You mean to tell me that you forgot that Kagome's coming today?”
 
I sure didn't, Mr. Ookami.”
 
Kouga closed his eyes in annoyance before turning toward the new voice. “Good morning, Mistress Kaede; why, what brings you here. . . right now. . . where we eat and I am now at this point in time?”
 
“I came to remind you that I'll be watching you at all times when around Nurse Kagome.”
 
“That is totally fine with me seeing as how I have no dirty or evil intentions whatsoever.”
 
Kaede slightly glared suspiciously. “That's what they all say.”
 
Kouga put up his right hand. “I swear on the biblio that I won't touch her.”
 
Kaede sighed in exasperation. “I do believe you mean to say `bible'.”
 
Kouga blinked a few times, thinking. “Yeah, yeah! That holy book-a-mabob. I swear over that.”
 
“Hopefully you'll live up to that promise,” she muttered before giving one last glare at the youkai and walking away.
 
Kouga kept his hand up until he was out of sight before he brought out his left hand which he had kept hidden. Like any fool would do, he had his fingers crossed.
 
“Sucker!”
 
“You're an idiot,” Naraku cried as he whacked the back of his head, and judging by the sound it made, pretty hard.
 
Inuyasha looked at the ceiling, counting the tiles for the last few minutes that remained. Breakfast was almost over. Praise the Kami-samas!
 
*
 
*
 
“Inuyasha? Are you listening to the directions?”
 
“Eh?”
 
Said hanyou looked up at the red-head.
 
“I asked if you were listening to me.”
 
“Oh, right. Then the answer would be no,” he answered apathetically.
 
The art nurse sighed. She should have known better then to ask such an obvious question. “Could you at least try to pay attention? I would really appreciate it.”
 
“I'll try, but I'm not guaranteeing anything.”
 
The women smiled and replied, “Thank-you.”
 
“Yep, whatever.”
 
He just had to reply like that, didn't he? Yeah, he had to just like there were three-thousand-four-hundred-twenty-three tiles on the ceiling. Or at least, that was all he was able to count before he was hauled off to his session with the red-head.
 
“Okay,” the nurse whispered gently, slightly hurt, before she returned to the instructions she had been telling the class before. “So, as I said, you can each draw something that means a lot to you. An old friend, a parent, a pet you have, flowers, anything is acceptable. There's paper in the middle of the table. Anyone need help, then just raise your hand and I'll come to help you. Anyone need help?”
 
Almost all the hands went up.
 
The nurse smiled before walking over to the first person.
 
Inuyasha looked down at the piece of paper he had grabbed.
 
What to draw?
 
Decisions, decisions. . .
 
He had one. A great idea. A wonderful idea. The best art drawing in the world, and it was there, in his head - in his marvelous head full of marvelous ideas. This would out marvel his last master piece! Now, to work. . .
 
*
 
*
 
“Okay, everyone! We only have about ten minutes left, so I'm going to came around and look at your work. During this time you can ask me any questions you like.”
 
Inuyasha took one last look at his paper.
 
Yes, like he said before, it was a wonder drawing. It was one of a kind. Probably the best drawing that had ever been drawn. Yes, even Leonardo DeVinci would be jealous. . .
 
“Um, Inu. . . yasha. What is that? Is that what I think it is?” the nurse asked as she popped out of nowhere and examined his drawing.
 
“Yes, it is, in fact.”
 
“But why. . . I mean. . . I told you to. . . you were supposed to. . .”
 
“Draw something that means something to myself?”
 
“Yes, but why- - -?”
 
“Did I draw a triangle?” he finished for her.
 
“Is that what it's supposed to be?”
 
“Well, it has a circle in the middle.”
 
 “B- but. . . I mean. . . um. . . why. . . there's other things you could have. . . I mean. . . what I mean is. . .is. . .why did you draw this?”
 
“Your exact words were `anything is acceptable,' so, what's wrong with what I drew?”
 
“You had plenty of time to draw more than two shapes.”
 
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! You have no idea how incredibly hard it is to make perfectly circular circles and the straight lines that go to the triangle. It took me until now to do it all!” he said, pretending to be hurt.
 
The nurse gave a smile that said she was sorry. “You're right. Good work.”
 
She then walked over to the next person, Jankotsu.
 
Yep, how mad the Kami-sama up there was, he didn't know. But he apparently pissed someone off seeing as how he had sat by Jankotsu twice in art and once in outdoor activity in two days.
 
He sniffed in nonchalance and stared at his paper that held his `masterpiece' until Miroku came.
 
But Miroku didn't walk in. He was too optimistic for that.
 
He bounded in; almost skipped, and. . . and- - -
 
`Is he humming?'
 
“Hello Inuyasha! How was the wonderful art session today?”
 
“So wonderful that I didn't think I would make it through it.”
 
“Great! Now are you ready to go to your counseling session?”
 
“Couldn't be more ready to die. . .”
 
“Well, that's kinda gloomy.”
 
“No! Really?” Inuyasha said as he pretended to be in shock.
 
Miroku's smile widened. “And on a good note, now you're going to Sango's.”
 
All sarcasm faded.
 
“Really?” Inuyasha asked in an `and-I-care-why?' tone.
 
“Why, yes.”
 
Weird; very weird; super weird. There was a different look in the nurse's eye; more than just happiness - or perverted-ness. What it was though, he would probably never know.
 
“Come on,” Miroku's dazed voice rang as they turned the corner to see Sango leaning against the frame of the door that led to her therapy room reading what seemed to be a letter.
 
“Yo, Sango!”
 
The girls' head snapped up. “Yeah?”
 
“Inuyasha's here.”
 
The psychiatrist's eyes slowly skidded to Inuyasha. “Yeah, I see that.”
 
“Well, if you're ready then I'm going to leave.” Miroku turned and happily bustled down the hallway.
 
A long silence came.
 
“So. . . um. . . ready to go in?” Sango squeaked nervously.
 
Inuyasha gave her a weird look. Since when was she so bashful and shy? She had always been straight-forward with him; at ease.
 
“What's wrong?” he asked suspiciously.
 
Sango's eyes widened in horror. “Nothing! Nothing's wrong! Why do you ask?”
 
Inuyasha slightly glared at her. “I don't believe you.”
 
Sango shifted uncomfortably. “I. . .well. . . you see. . . well. . . I. . . well, my. . .”
 
“Yes?” Inuyasha inquired impatiently.
 
Sango gently sighed. “I'm having slight family problems.”
 
“Oh.”
 
There was another slight pause.
 
“So, ready for your session?”
 
Inuyasha replied by walking into the room with Sango following behind.
 
The hanyou sat on the black leather couch and Sango sat on her red armchair.
 
“And so, did you take my advice on not being depressed. . . ?”
 
Half a minute into the session and he was already impatient with that speech.
 
Lunch just couldn't come quick enough. . . for once.
 
*
 
*
 
Over all the session went pretty smoothly.
 
Sango seemed pretty on edge, but she kept her cool pretty well and, like always, tried to probe her way through his emotions; which, by the way, she failed miserably at.
 
Miroku came, claiming he had `seen the light,' which most likely meant that he had met yet another young girl who he had asked to bear his children.
 
Yep, life was just peachy.
 
“So, Inuyasha.” Miroku murmured. “Ready go Silent Book?”
 
Inuyasha gave Miroku a weird look.
 
Something definitely happened that he was skipping half the words in his sentences.
 
“You feeling alright?”
 
“Why, what mean.”
 
“That.”
 
“What that?”
 
“You're talking weird; funky; creepy. Need I go on?”
 
“No, I am fine.”
 
Now he was pronouncing every syllable with huge stress.
 
“Right.”
 
“No, really, I am!”
 
“Well, at least you're talking like a normal human being.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
The rest of the adventure through the halls was uneventful.
 
Mostly.
 
Right at the entrance to the door stood no other than Jankotsu himself.
 
At least he was standing in reality; but apparently, he was floating in whatever realm he was in right then.
 
He was gently flapping his arms as he muttered some incoherent words some of which seemed to include, “Why, my little daisy, sitting there so lazy, you're so merry, sometimes I wish you would, to me, marry.”
 
`Crazy little dude.'
 
Miroku chuckled. “I take it you'll be able to finish the walk of ten feet to the room while I escort Mr. Jankotsu to someplace else, Inuyasha?”
 
“Keh, whatever,” he replied as he continued his trek down the hall and into the room, stopping for a second to see what Miroku was going to do to pry the crazy boy off his invisible flower.
 
Miroku walked over to Jankotsu. “May I be of assistance?”
 
Jankotsu looked up at Miroku with glazed over before his tongue darted out and wetted his lips.
 
Miroku cocked his head in curiosity.
 
And Jankotsu latched onto the poor nurse's head as he tried to `suck the nectar from the daisy.'
 
Inuyasha had never seen a more pathetic sight. His eyebrows rose in amusement as he turned and continued to walk into the classroom door.
 
Yep, today, tomorrow, and any day that would come, Jankotsu would get crazier by the minute. Any day now they would ship him off to a more proper asylum.
 
Yep, he could see it in the newspaper now: Crazy Boy is Put in an Asylum.
 
Two problems there; one: he couldn't get a hold of the newspaper, not while he was in this funky farm; and two: the newspaper wouldn't and couldn't care less what happens to the crazy people.
 
Good riddance!”
 
Without them the world is safer!”
 
Lock them up and throw away the key!”
 
They're freaks of nature as it is, they're doing us a favor by being locked up away from us.”
 
People were cruel, but their words were crueler.
 
Just they did with him; just like they threw him in this weird place. To forget about, to- - - to. . . it was all her fault- - -
 
`Whoa!' Why was he worrying about something that happened in his past? There was nothing to be concerned about. Nothing at all. He wouldn't dig it up again. Not for a long time. Not till he was old and gray, laying on his death bed; and he probably wouldn't look back at it then, either.
 
`Nope, never.'
 
He randomly grabbed a book off the shelf and walked over to his favorite spot to `read' - more like think, but it was a free country - and sat down to relax. He needed to think. Think about a lot of things. So much was bugging him; he wanted to tell someone; he really did. But no more getting hurt; he promised himself that a long time ago. After what she did.
 
People said that you were innocent until proven guilty, but she. . . she was. . . well, different. She seemed to know him at one glance. Innocent, though? Yeah, right. And he was actually crazy. . .
 
Trying to clear his mind, Inuyasha opened the book and got lost in the huge sea of words.
 
*
 
*
 
`Well, that book is trash.
 
`And that one. . .
 
`And that one. . .
 
`Oh, and this one, too. . .'
 
What was wrong with these books?
 
They were sappy! There were romantic! They had happy endings!
 
Not right, not right at all. Books and romance never mixed right. It was vile, disgusting, repulsive, un- - -
 
`Time to go.'
 
Inuyasha snapped the `piece of trash' shut and threw it carelessly in a random direction.
 
No one would ever know who exactly did it, anyway, he decided as he walked over to the door to leave.
 
And - amazingly - Miroku wasn't being perverted. . . for once.
 
Maybe a supernatural force was actually listening for once.
 
Surely they knew how bad he hated Miroku's lecherousness and decided to give him a break. . .?
 
“So, I heard the new nurse arrived. And rumor has it that she's even more of a babe then they've been saying.”
 
No, it wasn't. That- that. . . monster of a Kami-sama was just. . . laughing at him! Laughing! Laughing, laughing, laughing! If he were only seven, he would be crying out of frustration.
 
`Frustrating life. . . Cursed one, too; very cursed; super cursed.'
 
“Really, now; where'd you here that?”
 
Miroku shrugged. “Oh, around.”
 
“Can we go now?” Inuyasha moaned.
 
“Sure,” Miroku muttered before he started to walk out with Inuyasha following.
 
Miroku and Inuyasha turned the corner - and another - and another. . .
 
`This damn place was a labyrinth!' he hissed in his mind.
 
And to make things even better, he was now going to watch the mini-brats.
 
His day was made.
 
They rounded the next corner and yielded into the room of Inuyasha torture.
 
Miroku waved his partings before finding a meandering soul and escorted the - in Miroku's words - `poor soul that lost its way.'
 
Yeah, right.
 
Inuyasha looked around. The damn room had more kids then usual. Wait. There were more people here in the morning.
 
Inuyasha looked up and glared.
 
`Damned kamis! Damn them, damn them, damn them!
 
`One more time: damn them.'
 
He sighed before returning his gaze to the cursed room he was now - sadly - in.
 
`No! No! No! No!'
 
He would seriously be screaming in frustration if he were in another time at another place - like not here, but home.
 
He felt a tug on his pants and he crashed down out of his contemplations.
 
“H-hey, m-mister? C-c-could you h-help me?”
 
Inuyasha's eyebrow arched. “With what exactly?”
 
The girl smiled. “I w-want you to help me c-color!”
 
`What in hell?!'
 
“Uh. . . pardon?”
 
“I want y-you to help m-me c-color!” the girl beamed.
 
“Sure. . . why not?”
 
The girl clapped her hands in excitement. “Hee! T-Thank you!”
 
Right; crazy girl.
 
The girl grabbed his hand and led him to a small plastic desk and even smaller chairs. She let go of his hand when he was standing about two inches away from a chair and sat herself in one.
 
“W-what do I d-d-draw?” she asked suddenly shy as she fiddled with the pencil she had grabbed.
 
“How about your mom or something?” he asked.
 
Tears started to fill her eyes.
 
Inuyasha noticed this.
 
“W-wait! I didn't mean- - -” He had always been a sucker for crying girls.
 
“N-no,” she said calmly as possible. “It-it's not l-l-like th-that.”
 
Inuyasha cocked his head in curiosity. “What?”
 
The girl swallowed and paused for a few minutes to dam up her welling tears. “M-my m-m-m-mother d-d-d-died r-r-r-right b-b-before I-I-I c-came h-here.”
 
“Oh. . .” Inuyasha murmured.
 
The girl's tears started to blur her vision. “I'll t-t-try and d-d-draw her as c-clear as I-I can r-r-r-remember. . . but it h-h-h-happened a few y-y-y-years ago when I was little.”
 
Inuyasha shrugged. “Whatever,”
 
The girl smiled. “Thank y-y-y-you Inuyasha! Thank you s-s-s-so much for h-h-h-helping me d-d-d-decide what to d-d-d-draw!”
 
“Yep, sure.”
 
The girl grabbed a piece of paper and began to draw.
 
Inuyasha leaned back against the chair. What a lousy day this turned into.
 
*
 
*
 
The girl hummed as she dropped her pencil. “It's d-done!”
 
Inuyasha glanced at it. “Nice work!”
 
The girl blushed before looking at her paper. “N-not r-really. . .”
 
“Whatever.” He got up and stretched. “But my time here is through so I'm going to fetch Miroku.”
 
“B-bye,” the girl said as she gave a slight wave and she picked up her paper to give a more thorough inspection.
 
Inuyasha made no move to reply to the girl's farewell but turned and walked away.
 
Miroku was only a few minutes late taking him to lunch.
 
“So I hear the new nurse will be there,” Miroku said with a lecherous grin as they turned another corner.
 
“Oh, really? If I start to care I'll tell you.”
 
Miroku grinned. “I'll make a note of that.”
 
They were at the entrance of the cafeteria, so Miroku got his ID card and swiped it, making it unlock.
 
Inuyasha didn't even say good-bye to Miroku before he walked over, grabbed his lunch and marched over to his normal seat - looking like he was the king of Spain the whole time.
 
When Inuyasha sat down, though, he noticed that Kouga wasn't there. . .
 
But Naraku was. . .
 
That could not be good.
 
Inuyasha slightly cleared his throat before asking, “You know where Kouga is?”
 
Naraku face turned into a look that teachers gave when the answer to a question they gave was obvious.
 
“Where do you think he is? A little clue: the new nurse is here.”
 
Inuyasha blinked. “Really? Then he must be getting his lunch before sitting over here. I bet he's in his way over as we speak.” Once again, he wanted to see Naraku's reaction to what he said since he was pretty bored.
 
Naraku sweat dropped for a quick half a second.
 
“No, you idiot! He's trying to get the attention of the nurse! So he's sitting as close as possible! Even a newborn could put two and two together!”
 
“Oh. . . I'll go fetch him; don't feel like having the old hag give me one of her speeches that I was supposed to have helped her out and be mature by making sure that he didn't go near the nurse.”
 
Inuyasha stood up and walked over to the table that he could clearly see Kouga sitting at.
 
As he neared the table, though, his nose twitched once. Somebody must have placed some flowers or something out; there was a pleasant smell over here.
 
Inuyasha stopped by Kouga, who looked horrified that he had been `caught' near the new nurse.
 
“Yo,” Inuyasha said simply, having fun torturing Kouga.
 
“Yo yourself; you know Inu I heard that they had. . . pancakes over at the food-place. Why don't you go get some and then eat it somewhere. . . far away from me.”
 
Inuyasha's eyebrow rose, “Pancakes for lunch? You know Kouga, you look like you're nervous. Anything wrong?”
 
Kouga started to twitch and play with his fork. “No, no, no; nothing.”
 
“Oh, fine then.”
 
Inuyasha paused a moment as he observed Kouga's obviously nervous behavior.
 
“So, Kouga, you trying to get the attention of that nurse?”
 
Kouga hesitated before sighing. “Yeah, okay, you caught me.”
 
“Well, if that's what you want you don't just sit here doing nothing,” Inuyasha stated as he sat down in the chair beside the wolf youkai.
 
“What do I do then?” Kouga asked, his curiosity piqued.
 
“Well, first you try and get her attention.” Inuyasha bit his bottom lip to stop the evil grin from spreading over his face. “I'll do it for you.” `This should be fun to watch as Kouga makes a fool of himself.'
 
The moment he got up, Kouga's head sprang up from its original downward position.
 
Inuyasha looked around; who was that new nurse and what did she look like again?
 
“Uh. . . Kouga. Where is she?” Inuyasha felt stupid asking, but he seriously forgot who she was and her appearances.
 
“Over there,” came the other youkai's mumbled answer and a toss of his head.
 
Inuyasha looked in the direction Kouga pointed out. There were two nurses - both female.
 
But Inuyasha thought that he saw the one in the halls before. Maybe. . .
 
So then it must be the other one. What was so pretty about her?
 
Not much, right?
 
He didn't know, really. He never judged which girls were pretty and which weren't so he wouldn't know about it.
 
He sighed before questing over there; hell of a day he was having!
 
“Excuse me, are you that new nurse people won't shut-up about?” Inuyasha asked, deciding to get straight to the point when he reached the one nurse.
 
She looked at him, smiled and - totally ignoring the one part of his statement - answered, “Yeah, I'm new here. Name's Kagome. Who're you?”
 
“Doesn't matter,” he told her, really wanting to go over and eat that lunch that was most likely getting cold. “I'm just curious about a few things.”
 
Kagome cocked her head. “Like what?”
 
“Well, my friend wanted to ask you a few questions. Mind if we go over there and talk?”
 
Kagome hesitated. “I don't know. Erm. . . I guess a few questions won't hurt. They just have to be quick, okay?”
 
“Sure. Over here.” He turned around and waited while she made a short farewell speech and a few apologies to the nurse that she had been sitting by and talking with.
 
He led Kagome over to the table that Kouga was sitting at, his face practically in his lunch.
 
Inuyasha sat beside Kouga while Kagome pulled out a chair and sat down across from both of them.
 
“So I was told you wanted to ask me something. . .?”
 
Kouga's head shot up. “Are-you-single?”
 
Kagome's brows furrowed. “Pardon?”
 
Kouga took a deep breath - probably to keep from fainting. “I asked `are you single'?”
 
Kagome scrunched her eyebrows. “I don't see how that's a question I should be answering; but yeah, I am.”
 
“Have you ever been in a serious relationship? Any old flames?”
 
Kagome did a double-take before jokingly asking, “You aren't a rapist are you? You seem to be guilty of it.”
 
Kouga gave a devilishly sexy - or so he called it - smile and in a teasing manner replied, “I'm innocent till proven guilty.”
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------
 
I apologize for any time the stupid Internet messed up the type and squeezed the font together—it does that. Please drop off a review when you're done reading, if you will. Anything you have to say is important to me.
 
Ja ne. ^_~