InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Dark Past ❯ Answering All the Questions ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If I didn't own him last time, why should or would I own him this time? There's no reason, is there? -_- No-o-ope, there isn't. So should I give up on my dream of owning him? No-o-ope, I shouldn't. ^_~
AN: I just wanna say, thanks for my reviewer, this chapter is for you guys! ^_^
~reviewers~
About waiting for the answers all I can say is.... boo-urns. I'm impatient dammit! I know you said you'd explain about the teenagers, but I'd still be wary of sending my child to any place using that many teenagers. I mean, don't they have school? How can they spend that much time there? His parents must not like him too much if they're sending him to a shoddy place like that. And that art class gave me flashbacks of my high school art class. Seriously, that could have been my art teacher. I like how everyone else in the class has been "drinking the kool-aid" so to speak. Has Kagome replaced Miroku? Is Kaede hoping that Inuyasha's hormones will kick in, making him more pleasant to impress a pretty girl? Or is she trying a new approach because Miroku knows him too well? This chapter seemed really short to me. I don't know why, it's about the same length as the others and I didn't skip anything... Weird.
You may be impatient, so I'll try to update more often. And, to start this off, the kids don't stay for long, only for a few months, and. . .. Oops, I suppose I should mention it's summer, shouldn't I? I guess I should say it's July - mid July. Because if you think about it, Kagome would get out of school in the middle of June, and then she looked for a nurse-type job, and got one at this center, make sense? ^_^;;. . . .-_- I really should mention this stuff sooner, shouldn't I?Actually, there aren't that many teenagers working there. Kagome, Miroku and Sango are basically the main ones. Ayumi in this story is about 25, 26, `k? ^_^ They spend time there to get better, maybe someone was under stress and the abused their body- mutilation, drugs, etc., maybe they have a mental problem, they can't think straight or something, they go there for help. . . . Asyou can see, fat lot of good that's done, ne? His parents? They're .. . interesting, that's all I'll sayright now. No! Kagome has not replaced Miroku. ::cough:: No, Kaede didn't do that to poor, unsuspecting Inuyasha. And Miroku? Living to tell the tale if he ever did something like that? LoL. He didn't doit, and wouldn't -hopefully. -_-Yes, it seemed short to me, too. Mm, don't know why .. . maybe because of the questions/answers?
 
Oops, I forgot to add... If they won't use real doctors there, is it safe to assume they don't use real security either? Is there going to be a jail break in the near future? Because that would be cool.
They have night nurses, too. They just haven't been in the story yet. They watch to make sure no one gets out during the night - but there isn't real tight security withactual police, though. So even if there wasn'tanyone, if Inuyasha ran away, were would he go? If he went home, they'd send him right back. And if he just lived on his own .. . don't go there. -_-
 
 
AGE:
InuYasha: 19
Kagome: 18
Kouga: 19
Naraku: 19
Miroku: 19
Sango: 18
Kaede: 65
 
 
A Dark Past
-
 
-
 
Chapter Seven: Asking All the Questions
 
-
 
-
 
 He had that feeling, it never led to anything good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kagome didn't stop staring, and neither did Inuyasha. Inuyasha looked into Kagome's eyes. They were so blue, he bet they could put a raging tropical sea to shame.
 
It wasn't long before Kagome's cheeks dusted in a pink shade and she smiled brightly, “Hi.”
 
“What are you doing here?” he demanded.
 
She swallowed. Maybe this wasn't such a great idea. . .
 
“Um. . . I just swung by to say I'm sorry.”
 
“You should be! You just - huh?” He blinked in confusion at her.
 
“I wanted to say I'm sorry for getting you in trouble.” She smiled sadly.
 
“I thought Kaede said you weren't going to know about that,” Inuyasha said skeptically.
 
“Yeah, I found out through Ayumi. She just kept on drilling in on how it wasn't that appropriate and how you two got let go too easily.”
 
Inuyasha wrinkled his nose. “Ayumi? That one nurse, right? She told you?”
 
Kagome swallowed before nodding. “Yeah. She wouldn't let the subject change.”
 
Inuyasha stared at the girl. “Okay, you apologized. Will you go now?”
 
She swallowed again. “Well, you see, as repentance- - -”
 
“You need repentance?! You didn't do anything, wench!” he snapped as he leaned back on his bed to rest his head against the wall.
 
“No, not like that; I feel so bad this happened. I want to make sure you don't hate me or anything. . . did you call me wench?”
 
“I don't hate you. You're stupid to think I would hate you because of what a dimwit known as Kouga did.”
 
Kagome cleared her throat. “Well, I didn't. . . I just felt bad that I did that. It's sorta my fault. I should have told you that you and your friend couldn't ask me anything.” She made a face. “That sounds kinda rude, though. Just saying no to someone because. . .” she trailed off and shook her head as if there was a thought she didn't want to think about. “But did you call me wench?”
 
“What's it to ya?”
 
“It's not nice to call people names,” she informed him.
 
“Uh-huh, right; and I care because?”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes. “Why are you so grumpy?”
 
“Keh! I ain't grumpy! You're just too nice.”
 
“You can't be too nice. It's against a code.”
 
Inuyasha gave her a look. “What code do you go by?”
 
“Uh. . . the. . . code for. . . uh- um. . . nice. . . people,” she stuttered.
 
“Uh-huh, well, girly, I suggest you go back to the happy house you came from and look for a job somewhere else. This isn't that happy of a place.”
 
“It looks fine to me. How do you know this?” She looked him in the eye, daring him to lie.
 
Inuyasha tried to look somewhere else; the wall, out the window, anywhere. Her eyes seemed to possess some sort of power or something - he couldn't draw his own eyes away.
 
“Uh. . .” he couldn't think of words. Realizing he must look like an idiot, he shook his head and snorted. “Keh! I've been here three months, that's how I know.”
 
She narrowed her eyes at him, as if seeing something for the first time. “Aren't you Inuyasha Takahasha?”
 
He sighed in annoyance. “What's it to ya?”
 
“What are you doing in here? Shouldn't you be- - -”
 
“Keh! Hell I am, okay? I landed in here!”
 
Kagome blinked.
 
“What?!” Inuyasha barked.
 
“Nothing, but what are youdoing here? You don't belong here. . . Her voice softened as she spoke.
 
“Looks like you're the only one who sees that.”
 
“Huh? What do you mean by that?”
 
Inuyasha huffed, obviously trying not to pout. “No one can see that I don't belong here. They think I'm right where I should be.”
 
“I don't think so. I think you belong with your family, where you're probably happiest. Her eyes had sorrow from the inside out.
 
“Keh, whatever you may think, it's Kaede and my parents that have the final say in things. He folded his arms over his torso in a stubborn manner.
 
Kagome licked her lips before gently biting the bottom one. “That may be so, but do you know why you're here?”
 
Inuyasha froze and his eyes glazed over. “Sorta.”
 
`Sorta'? What do you mean by that?”
 
“Nothing,” he bit out harshly. “I don't see how this is your business.”
 
Kagome hesitated as she bit her tongue. At first it looked like she was done asking him questions and Inuyasha relaxed on his bed, closing his eyes. “My breakfast is probably clod by now, he informed her without even opening his bright amber eyes to look at her.
 
Kagome didn't look like she heard him. “Did you know Kouga and Naraku before you came here?”
 
Inuyasha sighed before he opened his amber orbs. “Not Naraku. My mother is friends with Kouga's mother. So we grew up together. But I met Naraku when I got here, he was here two months before me and Kouga arrived. So - why am I telling you this?”
 
Kagome blinked. “I asked you.”
 
“Doesn't mean I have to answer,” he snarled back.
 
Kagome cocked her head slightly to the side. “Yeah, you're right. You don't, but will you?”
 
“Only if you answer a question of mine. He tried not to snap - he really did - but this girl just kept pushing his patience, something that needed to be treated properly - meaning no one doing as Kagome was doing: bugging him.
 
“What?”
 
“Are you replacing Miroku?”
 
She giggled. “No! I told you, I'm just apologizing.”
 
Inuyasha looked at her suspiciously. “How long is this apology gonna last? It's already been a half an hour.”
 
Kagome blinked at him before gently smiling. “You seem to like to exaggerate. It's only been about fifteen minutes, at the most.”
 
Inuyasha ground his teeth. “And you seem to like to smile a lot. Anyone told you that lately?”
 
Kagome suddenly frowned and she replied, “Yeah, my brother used to tell me every day.”
 
“You're too cheerful.”
 
“My friends told me that, too.”
 
“You're too optimistic.”
 
Kagome suddenly looked him straight in the eye. “And you seem to be pessimistic.”
 
Inuyasha snorted. “Keh! That's an understatement, don't you think?”
 
“Do you take pride in being a grump?” Kagome crossed her arms as she mimicked Inuyasha's pose.
 
“Do you take pride in being an annoyance?” he emphasized un-crossing and re-crossing his arms to beat Kagome at something he didn't quite understand.
 
Kagome mimicked that, too. “Maybe; are you always so `cheerful'?”
 
Inuyasha held back a pout before he once again un-crossed and re-crossed his arms. “No; why do you think I hate you so badly?”
 
Kagome un-crossed and re-crossed her arms, just like Inuyasha. “Because that's how I naturally am; why are you here?”
 
Inuyasha mimicked her this time. “That's not something you're going to find out; how did you get back here without Miroku noticing?”
 
She copied him again. “I asked him if I could give you your breakfast and apologize and if he could take care of my girl just for this morning; now, I'm sure you shouldn't be in this place, you're family is all famous people.”
 
He, once again, un-crossed and re-crossed his arms. “So? That doesn't mean anything; why did Miroku say when you asked him that?”
 
Kagome mimicked his pose and leaned forward a little. “What do you think? He agreed; so, if you're in a famous, rich family, why aren't you in a more private center?”
 
Inuyasha glared menacingly before he re-did the arm crossing pose. “I told you, that's none of your business! And what were Miroku's words? I can tell he agreed, I'm not that stupid, wench.”
 
Kagome also redid the now-famous pose. “He said it would be good for you to have someone different help you for once, and that maybe it would help you develop people skills; and did you just call me wench again?”
 
Inuyasha huffed before dropping his arms. “Yes, I did, wench; and why do you say that me calling you a wench is bad? It's true!” As if it was an after thought, Inuyasha quickly re-crossed his arms.
 
“Because you don't say that to people; I told you, it's not all too nice, and. . .” She stopped suddenly and searched his bright amber gaze. “And why do your eyes look so. . . sad?”
 
He stopped suddenly with his pose and looked away. “You must be seeing things. Why are we playing twenty questions?” His tone was soft, almost distant.
 
“I don't know. . . .” she admitted as her arms dropped to her sides.
 
Inuyasha sat on his bed for a few seconds with his gaze locked on one tile in particular on the ground. After a few seconds, he looked up and suddenly blinked. He sat up straight and crossed his arms. “I win.”
 
Kagome blinked, surprised. “Wha. . .? You. . . what do you mean `you win'? Were we playing a game?”
 
“No. But I win.”
 
Kagome gave him a look. “If we weren't playing a game, how can you win?”
 
“I just can, he stated simply.
 
Kagome sighed. “A short and sweet answer, Souta used to give me those all the time.”
 
“Who's he?”
 
Kagome smiled. “Are we playing twenty questions again?”
 
“No, I just wanna know who Souta is.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because I do.”
 
“Why because? Why do you care?”
 
“I think I heard his name before. . .
 
“He's my little brother,” Kagome answered simply.
 
“Your brother? You have a brother?” Inuyasha's eyebrows drew up.
 
“Yeah, what's wrong with that? My little brother is the best there is. . .”
 
“I'm sure he is; I just really didn't expect a perfect little girl like you to have any siblings.”
 
“Perfect? Me? Don't try to flatter me. . . .”
 
“I'm not, baka,” Inuyasha barked.
 
“What did I tell you about calling people names?”
 
“Something about it being nice?”
 
“No,” Kagome reprimanded. “It's not nice.”
 
“Oh, I'll be sure to make note of that for future references. . .”
 
Kagome made a face. “Do you make jokes about everything?”
 
“I don't make jokes.”
 
“Then what would you call it?” Kagome asked skeptically.
 
“Enlightening the mood.”
 
“You? Enlightening anything?” She smiled mischievously. “Don't make me laugh.”
 
Inuyasha frowned at the girl. “I used to enlighten a lot of things when I- - -” he cut himself off suddenly and averted his gaze.
 
“Yes?” Kagome prodded.
 
“I really think my breakfast is getting cold,” Inuyasha mumbled. “And I'm hungry.”
 
Kagome sighed. “Yeah, I suppose it is getting time for me to help my girl, too. Breakfast is over by now.”
 
Kagome got up and walked over to the silent hanyou, holding out his tray. He reached out and pulled it out of her grasp without even giving her a last glance as she muttered a good-bye and walked out the door.
 
Inuyasha pushed himself off the bed and walked over to a pile of clothes Miroku had put out last night for the hanyou to wear today. He grabbed them and shuffled back over to his bed before plopping them down on the comforter beside his breakfast. Who said he had to get dressed right away? He was stuck here and he didn't leave for Sango's until after lunch.
 
Inuyasha heaved a sigh of boredom before he crawled over the pile of clothes and his tray, wary not to spill it. Once he was back in his sitting position against the wall, he grabbed his tray and took a hesitant bite of his scrambled egg.
 
He winced as he swallowed the first bit. It was freezing cold. He hesitated on whether or not to finish his breakfast. It was cold and not as tasteful as it usually would be - actually, it tasted very gross. And all because of that damn Kagome, he would have to suffer through this.
 
He suddenly stopped chewing the bite of cold toast. He just realized something.
 
He enjoyed talking to her like she was a friend. That thought scared him more than anything.
------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------
 
I used to use way too many commas... I never want to have to delete a comma again... or see one for that matter (never gonna happen, I see them all the time like in this sentence).
 
Ja ne!