InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Dark Past ❯ Day Dreams ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Well. . . I finally cracked down and admitted it out loud, I didn't write it. . . I told my friends. . . I don't own Inuyasha. But when my birthday comes around and the cake is in front of me with it's bright candles, we'll see who the owner is. ::evil laugh::
AN: I love you all so much!!
~reviwers~
I'm a lot less confused now that you explained things in the reviewer response. It probably would have been hard to work that stuff into the story without it seeming like you were hitting us with the exposition hammer. And about that jailbreak, I see what you're saying about having nowhere to go, but he does have his entire punishment to work that problem out. Of course, that's assuming Inuyasha gets motivated enough to do anything. (And you decide to change the whole direction of your story because of one measly reviewer.) The way you write Inuyasha kind of reminds me of Daria. He just seems content to stay on the sidelines and watch the insanity around him unfold and make smartass comments to himself. Changing the way they are treating Inuyasha isn't a bad idea. Some say the definition of insanity is repeating the same things over and over and expecting a different result, which is exactly what Kaede's doing. This raises the question, who are really the crazy ones: the patients or the staff? Did I just blow your mind? Now onto the chapter you wrote: I liked the interaction between Inuyasha and Kagome. He wasn't overly mean, and she wasn't overly sensitive. Good job. And were you hinting at something with the Souta mentions? Did something bad happen and Inuyasha's the reason (or covering up the reason)? Or am I looking too much into things and pulling stuff from a certain body part? Wench actually is a correct term for Kagome, it's slang for a young woman (dictionary.com).
I actually have the basic plot right here, in my noggin. About them changing the way they treat our hanyou? It'll reveal itself, I'm too evil to. ::evil chuckle:: And I often ask myself questions like that, too. Who is sane and who's not? ^_^ You'll find out, that's part of the plot. Souta mentions? Nah, Inuyasha was a little curious and secretly - without realizing it - jealous, so. . . he made a white lie - er. . . black lie. Understand?
 
yay!!! new chapter:). well glad to see him and kagome broke the ice. And I noticed that you said kouga and inu ended up there at the same time so does that mean that their there for the same reason?? I can imagine that Inu's being there has something to do with kikyo right?? Duh! that b!tch and drive anyone crazy lol. Also I like the twist you added that instead of Naraku being an enemy he is a companion. Is this going to be through out the story are should we expect that He will go to his natural evil self?? Well I do agree with you that being in a place like that your gonna have to find ways to entertain your self and that's why I'm loving when inu goes to art class lol. well good luck writing. Take care. Peace!!!
Nah, Kouga and Inuyasha are there for different reasons. Kikyo? It has something to do with her, but I won't say what - LoL! Naraku? He's. . . different in this story, to say the least. Will he go back to his evil self? Maybe. . .LoL. Sorry, but I can't tell you the real juicy information, now can I?
 
Well, I was a bit depressed before and couldn't write, but now I'm fine! Okay, I'm motivated to write now.
 
AGE:
InuYasha: 19
Kagome: 18
Kouga: 19
Naraku: 19
Miroku: 19
Sango: 18
Kaede: 65
 
 
A Dark Past
-
 
-
 
Chapter Eight: Day Dreams
 
-
 
-
 
 He enjoyed talking to her like she was a friend. That thought scared him more than anything.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Inuyasha yawned as he looked down at his tray of half-eaten food that was on the floor. After a few minutes of thought, he decided not to eat it.
 
He leaned back against the wall. He was so tired. His eyelids were so heavy. They seemed to weigh a ton.
 
Inuyasha sighed in weariness before he closed his eyes. He wouldn't fall asleep; he would just rest his eyes. Maybe then he wouldn't be so tired.
 
He relaxed against the wall as his muscles melted in bliss. He turned his head so his cheek was against the wall to add to the comfort he was already in.
 
`I haven't been able to relax like this in a while. . . It kinda feels nice.'
 
He could tell he was falling asleep when his eyelids gained even more weight. He snapped his eyes open. He refused to fall asleep.
 
He sighed as he closed his eyes. He wouldn't fall asleep. He knew he wouldn't. He couldn't. . . He was suddenly thrown into a peaceful oblivion.
 
*
 
“I'm sorry!” she wailed. Her sobbing didn't stop even though she apologized. “I thought this would make it easier on you! I. . .I. . .I. . .” She couldn't finish the sentence, her tears were choking her, making her voice almost useless.
 
“I really am sorry. . . .” she croaked. “You didn't tell me anything about it, I didn't think. . .” The rest of her sentence was cut off by another sob.
 
He looked at her with new feeling. “Sorry, I gotta go.” He turned and started to walk outside to his car when her hand grabbed his wrist.
 
He could have easily pulled away and continued on his way, but he stayed to listen to what it was she wanted.
 
“No. . .” She tried to calm her sobs as she talked. “I- I thought that this would help us. . . I thought. . .
 
“No,” he interrupted. “You weren't thinking at all, just like you said. You of all people should at least understand me by now. Sorry, I really have to go now.”
 
He pulled his wrist free of her desperate grasp and walked down the front porch steps.
 
She chased after him, in a last attempt to be forgiven. “I. . .will you forgive me?” she called over the banister as she leaned over it so he could hear better - though she could guess how he would respond without actually having to hear him.
 
His hand that had been unlocking his door froze and he looked up at her. “You should know the answer to that by now.”
 
“But. . .” she stopped and sighed miserably. “Will you at least call? Can we still be friends?”
 
“I'll think about it,” he answered as he swung open the door. “But you know it's not likely to happen. Some things were meant to be.” With his parting words said, he sat in his car seat and slammed the door shut.
 
He wouldn't call.
 
*
 
Inuyasha opened his eyes. Where was he. . .? The center. `That's right.' He was here now, not home.
 
He rolled over to look out the window. He hadn't had any dreams like that since he had come here.
 
`That wasn't my ordinary, common dream.'
 
Why was he dreaming of something like that?
 
`It's this damn place; I knew I wouldn't like this place.'
 
No, he didn't want to come here from the start. Then again, he'd rather have been anywhere that was away from reporters and stalkers, too bad that included his home.
 
Inuyasha sighed as he changed positions to make himself more comfortable.
 
He winced when he bent a muscle the wrong way and changed his position again.
 
When he was satisfied, he relaxed again. Yes, it was very nice to be able to just relax for once.
 
Too bad Kaede didn't know that he would rather be in his room - despite the fact it felt like a cage - than do the daily activities, anyway.
 
And it wasn't so bad to sleep the day away for once, either.
 
Content with his thoughts, the hanyou sighed before he was thrust into the world of sleep.
 
*
 
He had not called her. . . but she practically harassed him. She called five times a day on average. He never answered the phone and censored all his calls on both his home phone and cell.
 
But that didn't stop her. She was driven, and every time she called she left a seven minute message of sobs and apologies, once she even left her number for `in case he had lost it.'
 
Still, he never called. He felt betrayed, and he was lost in the woods on what to do next. He wanted to call, wanted to rush over and tell her everything was all right, wanted to take her to her favorite restaurant for her approaching birthday. But something held him back.
 
The thought that she would turn and run like she was supposed to, the fear that she was gone, out of his reach - he wasn't sure what it was that held him back.
 
But something inside him - deep, deep inside him - told him that it was because it wasn't proper to see her anymore. It wasn't needed or appropriate; she didn't need him anymore. Yet, he felt he still needed her. That thought scared him most of all - he felt he needed a female.
 
*
 
Inuyasha blinked his amber gaze. He fell asleep again. Figures. He had always been one to sleep in when he could, and yet, he could get up at the crack of dawn if he wanted to, too. Funny, the way his internal clock worked.
 
He opened his mouth and gave a small yawn. He wasn't tired anymore, but sleep still desperately clung to him.
 
He gently shook his head to try and wake himself up.
 
Inuyasha turned his head and gazed out the window. It was about lunch. . . Maybe Miroku would come soon; he was starved after not eating a decent breakfast.
 
But considering his luck lately, it wasn't likely.
 
He stifled a sigh - something he'd been doing a lot lately.
 
The door suddenly swung open and Inuyasha tried not to jump out of his skin as he faced the imposter.
 
“Oi! You can't sneak up on me.”
 
“I didn't sneak up on you,” the voice gently answered.
 
“Huh. . .?” Inuyasha blanked. “What the hell are you doing here? Harassing me some more?”
 
“I didn't harass you,” came the reply from Kagome. “And I have a good reason for being here again.”
 
“Keh. Another apology? I don't want it.”
 
Kagome almost visibly counted to ten as she tried to control a temper that had a bad history. “No. It's Miroku.”
 
“Oh hell, what'd he do?”
 
“You seem to enjoy having such a dirty mouth.”
 
Inuyasha gave her a `don't-mess-with-me' look. “Look, you going to tell me why you're here or do I have to throw you out?”
 
“You wouldn't do that,” Kagome assured.
 
“Keh, shows how much you know me.”
 
Kagome sighed before deciding to answer his question. “Miroku was ultra-super sorry but Kaede wanted to see him.”
 
“Maybe if I'm lucky, they'll fire him and I'll be free of him forever,” Inuyasha mused.
 
“That's not exactly the nicest thing to say.”
 
“Keh, I know, wench.”
 
Kagome frowned. “That's not nice to say, either.”
 
Inuyasha looked longingly at the tray that was safely secured in her hands. “Wench. . . this morning my breakfast was cold. . . and if that- - -” he gestured to the tray, “- - -turns out the same way, there will be hell to pay.”
 
Kagome rolled her stormy eyes. “Fine, eat now,” she said as she offered him the tray in her outstretched hand.
 
“Keh.” He snatched the tray and shoveled some pasta into his open mouth.
 
“Think you could slow it down a bit? You're going to choke, and when you do, please don't blame me.”
 
“Kweh,” Inuyasha mumbled through a bite of noodles.
 
Kagome wrinkled her nose. “Uh. . . could you maybe talk when you've swallowed your food?”
 
“I fwould, but fwat's the fun in vwat?” He swallowed. “None, right?”
 
Kagome looked repulsed. “Ah, no, believe me. It's much better to try and talk with an empty mouth then one stuffed to the brim with food.”
 
“Shwows wow mwuch you know. . .” he mumbled as he stuffed huge and unhealthy amounts of rice in his mouth.
 
“Ugh. . .Where did you learn your table manners?”
 
“What manners?”
 
Kagome made a face. “You've never heard of table manners?”
 
“There's no table, wench,” Inuyasha remarked.
 
“I'll take that as a `no.' ”
 
“Keh.”
 
Kagome blinked in surprise. “You're done already?”
 
“Told ya wench, my breakfast was cold.”
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes very slightly. “I think you're in a better mood and a bit more people friendly when you're eating.”
 
“So do I. . . Wish it was dinner.”
 
“Yeah, at least then you'd be in a better mood,” Kagome mumbled.
 
“You don't like it? Then leave!” Inuyasha snapped.
 
“Yes, you're in a much better mood when you're eating.”
 
“Keh!”
 
Kagome's lips twitched in a smile. “You like that word, don't you?”
 
“What word?”
 
“ `Keh'!” Kagome said, making a fairly good imitation of Inuyasha.
 
The hanyou glared. “Oi, wench! You can't mimic me!”
 
“Says who?” Kagome challenged.
 
“Says me!” Inuyasha roared.
 
“You can't control me.”
 
“Says who, wench?”
 
Kagome placed her index finger on her chin as she pretended to think. “Hmm. . . I'm pretty sure there's some sort of Right somewhere that says every person has a free will.”
 
“It was meant for males.”
 
“Says who?” Kagome shot back.
 
“Says me, the great and powerful. . . me.”
 
“Oh. . . I feel so intimidated,” she drawled.
 
“Keh.” He mumbled with no better come back.
 
Kagome giggled. “You know, this is sort of. . .fun.”
 
Inuyasha snorted. “Like bloody hell it is.”
 
“Now you're using bloody, too? Is there no end to your sense of humor?”
 
“What humor?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Forget it. No matter what I say, you won't listen, right?” Kagome teased.
 
“Keh.” Inuyasha sighed in exasperation.
 
Kagome giggled so hard, she fell against the wall.
 
“Clumsy wench. . . I'll have to remember that - clumsy wench.”
 
Kagome stopped giggling to look at him. “What did I tell you about calling people names!”
 
“Not nice?” Inuyasha guessed.
 
“Wow! For once the great and mighty you can remember something,” Kagome said as she faked surprise.
 
Inuyasha rolled his bright amber eyes before snapping back. “I don't forget everything; just the things that I don't find important.”
 
Kagome grinned. “Right. Well, Mr. Important, I've had fun. But I really have to go. It's getting late. Can you believe it's been a half-an-hour already?”
 
“That's it?” Inuyasha replied, feigning utter shock. “I could have sworn it was at least double that.”
 
Kagome bit back a giggle as she grabbed the two trays that had been placed by Inuyasha's bed. “Bye - oh! You better change out of those. It's well into the day now.” Kagome gestured toward his pajamas.
 
Inuyasha growled as she shut the door and continued to do so for a few minutes after she had left.
 
`Whatever.'
 
Inuyasha decided to take the nurse's advice to heart and as soon as he calmed down, he changed into loose pants and a crimson shirt.
 
As he threw his dirty clothes in a corner, he examined his messy bed. With a sigh, he smoothed the wrinkled pillow and re-made the bed.
 
Content that if anyone else decided to pop in, they wouldn't chew off his ear about living in a pig sty, Inuyasha flopped onto the made bed on his back with his arms folded under his head as he stared at the ceiling.
 
`I hate her. . . ' his mind echoed. `I hate her, hate her, hate her. . .'
 
Inuyasha rolled his head so his cheek was lying on his forearm.
 
`I hate her, hate her, hate. . . her. . . hate. . . her. . . won't. . . fall. . .`sleep. . .'
 
He was unconscious in a world of sleep in minutes.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------
 
Fun, fun, fun. . . not. Editing just. . . lightens up my day. . . --_-- +
 
Ja ne!