InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A deal with a demon ❯ Chapter 25

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, a feeling of dread in the pit of her stomach.

Today was to be an awkward day. Kagome had gone to bed knowing it, woke up expecting it.

Today she and Inuyasha were going to practice being a couple.

Stretching high over head, she idly wondered what kind of attitude she should have from the get go. Should she greet him as she normally would? Or should she jump right into the lovey dovey act?

It was all too confusing.

And over whelming.

What she really wanted to do was bury herself under her blankets and not emerge from her room until the party was over.

But she couldn't do that. She was the one, after all, who asked the hanyou to participate. She should at least get up so that way he wasn't waiting around.

Throwing her hair up in a quick bun, she made her way down the stairs to start breakfast, taking note that her partner for the day was absent.

Good. So she would act like this was just any other day. The aroma of her cooking would draw him out.

Kagome couldn't help but feel nervous.

Sure, she had been in relationships before…sort of… and she had gone on dates and acted like a couple… once or twice… but to say she was out of practice was a massive understatement.

And she had been comfortable with those people! But.. it wasn't like she was uncomfortable with Inuyasha. They had been spending more time together, she was getting to They had both liked each other, and there was a mutual awkwardness… a mutual desire…

Not that she didn't find Inuyasha attractive. She would be lying if she said anything other wise. The worst part was, he knew it.

How could anyone not want to drool over the man? With his long silver hair, amber eyes- both exotic and exciting, they often looked so hard and unyielding. But at times, the more she got to know him… they had a friendly glint to them. Kagome liked that. For some reason, it made her feel special to see that side of him.

“Your burning that.” A husky voice said over her shoulder.

“Ah!” She jumped back, her body crashing against his firm chest. “You scared me half to death!” She exclaimed, twisting her neck to make eye contact with him.

“Wheres your head today, woman?” He snorted, gesturing to the nearly ruined breakfast.

“My head is-“

“You weren't by any chance day dreaming about playing my little wife today, were you?” He said with a smirk.

“HA! Hardly.” She shrugged him off. “Everyones allowed to zone out once and a while.”

She looked down at the meal and frowned.

“This is ruined.” She said sadly.

“Feh. Don't be such a baby.” He grabbed the pan from her hands, platting it in an easy motion. “Ill eat it.”

“Wha- Inuyasha it looks horrible.”

“Quit whining. Its not that bad.” He took a bite, swallowing down the bitter taste. “Want some?” He asked.

“Ill pass. Cereal for me.”

“So whats on the agenda today, wife?

“Uh, well… I didn't have anything specifically in mind.” She said. “I was just thinking we could hang out for a while. Oh- I did want to go to the shops and pick up a new dress. You could come along, I suppose.”

“Why would I want to do that? Sounds boring.”

“You can play the part of a real husband that way.”

“Eh?”

“Youl get to carry the bags.” Kagome smiled at him.

Inuyasha had to turn his head. He felt a blush creeping to his cheeks.

“Lets get it over with first. Then we can come back and relax.”

“Sure. Sounds good to me.” She said with a shrug.

~.~

He had to get himself under control. His demon was over joyed with happiness. He…. He was happy…

They were walking down the street… holding hands… as if it was as natural as could be.

When they had gotten out of the car she had kept her distance. He was beginning to think that she wouldn't go through with her plan.

But just then, as if reading his very thoughts…

She reached down, and placed her hand in his.

He just looked down and stared dumbly, slowly meeting her gaze.

And Kagome… she just smiled at him brightly…

Inuyasha could feel the heat of her hand, the softness of her skin.

He knew that she had no fear of his claws. The sharpness of them, made for destruction, for pain. She clasped her hand in his, intertwined her delicate fingers, without a second thought.

Had… had he ever done this before? Done such a wimpy thing?

Done such an exhilarating thing?

His heart was beating. He felt nervous and content all at once. His demon was sated.

“C'mon! This is the shop.” She said enthusiastically, pulling him along.

“Uh, right.” He mumbled, allowing himself to be led.

Inuyasha was so wrapped up in his own world, he didn't catch the pair of eyes that watched their every movements.

~.~

“That was exhausting.” The hanyou complained, dropping her things to the floor.

“Oh please. That hardly took any time at all!”

“It took hours!” He exclaimed.

“But, I had to find the right dress!” She countered.

“And the shoes. And the jewelry. And the-“

“Okay, okay. I get it. I went a little over board. But its been such a long time since I went shopping!”

“Feh, I don't know why. You could go every damn day if you wanted.” Inuyasha said as he flopped down on the couch.

“No.” Kagome said, shaking her head. “I… That's your money. I don't feel right spending it frivolously. I feel bad enough that Im not contributing anything as it is.”

The dog demon arch a brow as he stared at her in disbelief.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” He mumbled. “Any other woman would just take my credit card and run.”

She merely shrugged.

“That's just not who I am.” Kagome took a seat near him.

Inuyasha thought about his options.

If… if they were truly a couple, he would embrace her, right? In these types of situations, the man would put his arm around his girl, or at the very least bring her closer.

Hell, if he was with any other woman, he wouldn't have hesitated.

But this was Kagome.

“Um.” He started, clearing his throat. “You should move closer.”

“Eh?”

“Not that I want you to.” He said quickly. “But you wanted-“

“Yeah- right! Right. Sorry, it just caught me off guard.” She scooted closer to the hanyou.

Awkwardly, perhaps more awkward than he had ever felt in his life, he wrapped one arm around her shoulder.

The woman shifted under his weight. Had she ever realized that his arms were so… masculine.

“This is kind of … uncomfortable..” she murmured.

“Uh, sorr-“

“No, its just that the weight… on my neck-“

“Gotcha.” He said, removing the offending limb.

His demon bared its teeth. It wanted contact with her… with his bitch…

Just being by her side.. it wasn't enough.

Not nearly enough.

Reaching out, he grabbed her small waist, positioning her between his legs.

“Inu-Inuyasha!” She squealed.

“This is better, right?” He asked.

Kagome bit her bottom lip, nodding her head.

She tensed momentarily as he wrapped his strong arms around her, bringing her body close.

The dog demon immediately noticed when she relaxed. It didn't take her long at all to feel at ease with him.

Inuyasha liked her like this. Here, just as she was.

Comfortable. Warm. Alone. His.

No. Not his.

She would never really be his. But for today… for tomorrow..

Well, he had to play the part, didn't he?

Inuyasha decided that today, he was going to take advantage of the situation. Today… he could indulge.

He leaned his head closer, letting the sweet smell of her hair overwhelm him. Her scent, had it ever been closer?

Damn. He wanted to bottle the way this woman smelled.

He felt the vibration of her laugh- she was so into the movie. He hadnt even been paying attention.

“You're not even watching this.” She realized. “We can watch something you like? Ive seen this before.”

“Keh. Doesn't matter to me.” He said, shrugging his shoulders.

“This… this isn't so bad.” Kagome said. “I thought this was going to be way more awkward, but- I really have had fun with you today.”

She turned to look at him, a smile on her lips.

Her beautiful, plump lips.

“Yeah, me too…” Inuyashas voice was husky, filled with want.

“I-“ Kagome licked her lips, drawing her bottom in as she nibbled on it.

She was nervous.

He was looking at her in a way she hadnt seen before.

And it was hot. He looked intent. Seductive.

And he was staring at her like a hungry man who chanced upon a meal.

Inuyasha took a deep breath, trying to steady himself.

It was then that he caught her scent.

It was wildflowers, in full bloom, mixed with his own earthy fragrance.

Cloaked in the most glorious…intoxicating…

Desire.

Faint, growing stronger… but there. It was just a taste. Just a tease! Gods, if he could have her for a fw minutes, what would she give off then?

His mouth was watering just thinking about it.

Had… had the space between them grown smaller? He glanced up, her eyes half lidded.

She didn't look repulsed. She didn't look uncomfortable.

She looked like she wanted it. Wanted to kiss him.

Damn, he could practically feel the softness of her lips on his. Lowering his head, he went in for the kill.

Kagome closed her eyes, in eager anticipation, parting her lips slightly.

It was then that everything went to shit.

A loud, piercing noise rang though the house. Once. Twice. Three times. The woman in his arms jumped, from the shock.

Inuyasha growled, fangs bared for the world to see.

He was close. So damned close!

And his demon, Gods. He had to reel it in. It was seconds away from ripping apart who ever the fuck had the balls to interfere. It was his moment, with his bitch. He had been waiting for this since the moment he saw Kagome.

The trance was broken. What ever spell had come over them was finished. Kagome leapt up to answer the door, exchanging money with the delivery man.

Inuyasha had to do everything he could not to pounce on the woman. The scent of her desire still clung to the air, as if taunting him that for once brief moment, she would have let him taste her.

Inuyasha ran his claws through his hair in aggravation.

“When did you order take out?” He grumbled.

“Me? I didn't order anything. I thought you did?”

Inuyasha jumped up, intending to look over the order. He leaned over her shoulder, inspecting the receipt. She stiffened at the proximity.

His senses told him it wasn't a bad thing.

Maybe hope wasn't lost?

Maybe-

“Hello?” Kagome answered, bring her phone to her ear.

Again.

AGAIN.

Was everyone out to cock block him today??

“Oh really!? That's great Shippo!” She said excitedly.

He watched as the features of her face changed… softened.

“I cant wait either. Im so glad you can come! I'll-“

Kagome turned her head, and just like that, Inuyasha was gone.