InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A deal with a demon ❯ Chapter 28

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

His demon was threating control.

Fuck, it was trying to take over his very being.

Seeing her… seeing Kagome like that… so submissive… natural…like she was waiting for him…

He could feel the change in his blood, the clouding of his thoughts.

Everything felt more on edge, his senses in overdrive, his body hyper alert.

But nothing compared to what he was feeling for the woman standing before him.

Everything was focused on her.

He had to get a grip on himself before it was too late.

Her scent. The gasp that escaped her parted lips. The rise of her hair on her neck. The steady, increased beating of her heart. He was aware of it all.

“Inu-Inuyasha!” She screeched, trying to cover herself.

What an unnecessary thing. She was wearing too much clothing as it was.

Was that lace underneath that flimsy robe? His demon rumbled in pleasure, sheer approval.

His bitch looked good in red.

“G-GET OUT! Cant you see I'm in the middle of getting dressed?!” She screeched, clutching the fabric closer to her.

The sound alone made his ears flatten to the sides of his head. He caught her scent, and reeled back.

She was mad. Unwilling.

Everything about her aura screamed for him to retreat.

His demon struggled to reason out what was the matter. Why his bitch was rejecting him… cowering away…

He reached out a clawed hand, wanting to soothe her… that was the job of a mate.

NOT YOURE MATE. Inuyasha screamed, trying to reason with himself. It was a battle that he had never had to fight before.

Yes, in the past, particularly in his youth, he had been pushed to the edge, when people, humans and demons a like had brought him to a low place…

But it was nothing like this.

How do you reason with yourself that your instincts are wrong? That what you feel is so inherently right, that his demon believes from the depths of his soul to be his…theirs…

Was not…

Part of him wanted to let go. To let his demon ride it out, consequences be damned. He wanted her.

He had wanted her for so long.

The hanyou placed a clawed hand on the side of her head, feeling the shock of her recoil as she moved away. He let out a low growl in warning, snaking his hand out in record time to drag her body close to his.

The heat of her, the shape of her body molded intimaty against his… it felt so right…

If only her bitch would stop trying to get away! What the hell was her problem?

“LET GO INUYASHA!” Kagome flared. “What the heck is your problem! How can you think you can pull that stunt and then think you can do this?

Do this? Do what?

“You have to be the boldest person ive ever met! Maybe that tactic worked for you with other woman, dog boy, but it wont work with me! Im not one of the women who fall at your feet! Im not-“

Shes not ours. He echoed, feeling the weight of it sink down like a ton of bricks. What makes you think she would want someone like us… someone like me…

“First you tell me youll be here, act like you were on board, then in the middle of a conversation you take off and I cant find you anywhere. Then you show up just before the guests arrive, looking like you got run over by a truck, and covered in hickeys no less. Why couldn't you just stay home? Would it have killed you for one night not to surround yourself with women?”

Women? No, that cant be right.

She was his bitch. Kagome.

Kagome…. Wasn't his.

That's right. Its not real. Shes not ours.

Reason came rushing back to him, a break in his demons strength letting him through.

He knew it would come reeling back with a force if he didn't get his nerves under control. If he didn't get her under control.

“And then you-“

He grabbed her with all his might, and wrapped his arms around her small frame.

“INUYASHA! I SAID-“

:Just be quiet for a minute.”

“Wh-what?! I-“

He covered her mouth and looked her in the eye.

Beautiful, stormy.

Angry and passionate.

“Just be quiet and let me talk.” His voice was low, filled with embarrassment.

Biting her tongue, she shook her head in agreement.

“I… I fucked up.” He said simply.

Kagome raised an eye brow, as if to say, that's all?

The hanyou let out a deep breath, removing his hand from her plump lips. He couldn't help but notice how she drew in her bottom lip, teeth biting down with anticiplation.

Damn, he was getting lost in her.

“Inuyasha, if that's all you have to say… its not enough. I know that its not ideal, but I thought that… that we were friends…“

The half demon growled, turning away from her. This wasn't something he could say making eye contact.

“I didn't like it.”

“Eh?”

Didn't like what? What was he going on about?!

“Wha-“

He turned his head, eyeing her fiercly. She understood that now was not the time to talk.

He snapped his head back, taking a deep breath through his nostrils. The room was filled with her scent. It both calmed and unnerved him to the core.

“Y-you were so happy about Shippo, about him being able to come.” He started, vulnerability leaking through his voice. “I- I just didn't like it.”

Shippo?!”

“Why the hell did you have to invite him anyway?” His voice rose as he turned on his heels. “I thought that this was supposed to be about pretending to be married and showing off to everyone that this wasn't a total disaster. This was all about putting your families mind at ease right? Why the hell did you have to invite him? You didn't see me inviting Kikyo!”

“K-Kikyo? What does… How is that the same as Shippo?” She mumbled in confusion.

“I just didn't think you were the type of person to invite a boyfriend to this kind of thing.” He snorted. “Just seems like bad taste to me.” Inuyasha crossed his arms as he turned away from her.

Like hell he was going to show his face when it was burning red with embarrassment. And anger.

“B-Boyfriend? Inuyasha, Shippo-“

“Feh, you don't have to explain anything to me, wench.” He said, brushing her off. “But why the Hell did you drag me around practicing being a couple. And I-“

He hadnt even heard her footsteps. He had been so wrapped up in pushing her away, that he had blocked out all his other senses.

So Inuyasha had been completely caught off guard when he felt her slender arms wrap around his back, connecting at his middle.

His body tensed at the sudden change.

“K-kagome-“

“You were jealous, right?” She said, pressing her check against his back.

“Feh! Who is jealous?” He retorted, trying to wiggle out of her grasp.

Only a little.

He had the power to dislodge her hold with a flick of his pinky. He… didn't want her let go.

“I get it.” She said, her voice low, and full of understanding. “You were jealous about Shippo. So you ran off. Right?”

Inuyasha simply turned his head, letting his silver head further shield his face from her view. He heard her let out a sigh.

“I think I understand where you were coming from. Were still learning about each other. Actually being friends… its new to us… So, lets try to communicate from now on. Alright?”

Friends. That's right.

They were just friends.

“That way we can avoid this situation again. If your uncomfortable with something, speak up. I cant guarantee that Ill do what you want, but you have to say whats on your mind, Inuyasha.”

This was more than he could bare. He had never had this kind of conversation in his life, and had absolutely no idea where to go next from here.

“Keh.” He shrugged, looking awkwardly around the room.

“Okay.” She let out a breath. “Sit down.”

“Huh?”

“You came in here so I could cover up that monstrosity, right? Sit.”

Inuyasha didn't know where to look as her hands skillfully worked at the bruises on his neck.

“Geez, whoever you were with did a number on you.” She murmured, displeasure marring her features.

“Feh. Ive had worse.”

“Its so gross.” She said, as if tasting something sour.

“Prude.

She gave him a look telling him that was hardly the case.

“Its just so… uselessly possessive. If you have to go out of your way to show that someone is taken, then there is no trust there. Its like a clear sign to everyone that this person was touched by someone else. Its juvinelle and not worth it.”

“Sounds like you've had experience with this in the past, wench.”

“Why do you think Im so good at concealing them, dog boy?” She said cocking an eyebrow.

He didn't like that.

Didn't like that someone was marking her. Marking Kagome. His Kagome.

“Wha-“

“Nope. Not getting into it.” She said, working diligently.

He growled lowly at her abrupt shut down of the subject.

“You know…” She started, “I think you will really like Shippo, if you give him a chance.”

“I don't think so.” He said quickly.

The woman before him rolled her eyes.

He couldn't help the travel of his own.

The silk robe she was wearing was occasionally drifting open from her movements. Not enough to give him an eye full, but enough to tempt him. Teasing him unknowingly, she leaned forward.

“Be nice to him dog boy.” She warned. “Hes really important to me.”

Inuyasha couldn't help the growl that escaped his lips.

“Why did you-“

“Just give him a chance. Okay?” she asked.

“Feh.”

“Okay… done.” She sat back, taking his chin, moving it side to side to admire her work. “Like it never happened.”

“I-“ The hanyou was cut off by the ringing of the door bell.

People were already starting to arrive.

“Geez, Im so behind. Out.” She said sternly.

“Eh?”

“Out. I need to get dressed!”

“Suddenly, I don't feel like moving.” He said with a sly smile.

“Inuyasha, I swear, Ill push you out of here if you don't get moving!”

“Id really like to see you try wench.” He said, his tone full of mirth.

“GO! Go see who is at the door and greet our guests.” She said as she led him out of her room.

“Fine, fine.” He mumbled allowing himself to be led.

“That's probably Shippo. He said he was going to be coming early.”

“Seriously?” He growled.

“Be a good boy and greet him nicely.” She demanded. “By the way, you look really nice today, husband.” She teased, closing the door behind him.

… Husband.

That's right. Tonight, he was the husband.

He was allowed to touch her, hold her, maybe kiss her…

And there was nothing that damn Shippo could do about it! He would have to sit back and endure it; after all, she was his wife.

A toothy smile spread across his face as he opened the door.

Only to see no one in sight.

Well, no one at eye level.

He looked down, cocking a silver eyebrow.

“What do you want, runt?” He grunted out. “If this is boy scouts crap im not interested.”

“Ugh. You must be Inuyasha. I could smell your stench a mile away.” The kit complained.

“Who the hell do you think you are?!” He snapped. “Get the fuck out of here.” He demanded.

“Nope. Im here for the party.” He smiled. “Kagome invited me!”

“Invited you?”

“Move it.” The kit demanded, pushing past the hanyou. “KAGOME!” he called, running up the stairs. Inuyasha knew the runt had caught her scent and followed it. “Can I come in?”

“Oh, Shippo! Sure, hold on a second.” He heard her reply.

Wait.

Shippo.

Shippo?!

He… he had done all of this... put her through all of that…

Because of a freaking kid.