InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Fairytale Come True ❯ A Talk With Step Mommy Dearest & Costume Panic ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Fairytale Come True
Ch.4 A Talk With Step Mommy Dearest & Costume Panic

~A Week Later~

“Linda can I ask you something?”, Kagome asked.

“Yeah and hurry up I’m trying to tan”, said Linda from the tanning booth thingy (I don’t know what its called).

“I was wondering if I could go to the Homecoming dance?”

“Honey there’s something I always wanted to tell you.” She stepped out naked which scared Kagome for life. <AH! My eyes! God woman put something on> It was almost like she heard her because right after she thought that Linda got a towel.

“Your not very pretty and your not very bright…… wow I feel so much better.”

“Kagome close your mouth you’ll catch flies and by the way the answers no.” With that said she left her there with her mouth still open.

~Kagome~

<WHAT! Not pretty? Look who‘s talking. She could break a mirror. And not smart! I get damn A’s in every freaken class. Even math which I hate!>

<God I hate her……well can’t say I didn’t try.>

“Now I guess I should be on my way to the diner.”

~Diner~

“Yeah thanks Rin”, said Sango. She was dressed in a beautiful magneta dress that reached right before her knees and it had wings attached on the back.

“So who’s taking you?”

“Uhh well believe it or not it’s the boy I told you about. The one who gropes me every chance he gets.”

“Wow!”, said Kagome surprised.

“AH! Where did you come from?” Breathing heavily she looked at Kagome waiting for an answer.

“Well I think its called a door.”

“Hahaha…very funny Kagome.”
“Sorry Sango”

“Hey Kagome why aren’t you dressed up?”, asked Rin.

“Evil step mom said no”

“What! But Kagome you have to go! Remember you said you were gonna meet your prince.”

~Flashback~

Kagome was busy instant messaging on her computer that she didn’t notice Sango go in her room.

“Sooooo who is he?”

“WHA! Oh its just you. You almost scared the shit outta me.”

“Yeah yeah yeah whatever so come on spill.”

“It’s a guy I met in the Princeton chat room.”

“And………”

“He asked me to go to the homecoming dance with him.”

“Wow! Really its so romantic.”

“If you say so”

~End Flashback~

“Can’t you sneak out?” <Poor Kags she’s going to have to stay home, but maybe we can work something out.>

“I don’t know Sango”

~Flashback~

“Kagome! Come down here!”, called her step mom.

“Coming!”

“I’ll be picking up the girl’s by 12 and I want you to be at the diner when I come back. If I come back and your not there……”

“Yes Linda I know.”

~End Flashback~

“Well now that I think about it she said she was going to pick Kikyo and Kagura by 12 so I’ll I have to do is be at the diner by 12.”
“Great thinking Kags!”

“But I can’t anyways I don’t have a costume.” Sighing for the umpteenth time she went back to cleaning.

“Kagome you will go! It’s only 9:30 Homecoming starts at 10:30 as far as Sango fairy here told me”, said Rin.

“But I don’t have a costume!”

“No problem come with me, you to fairy! And Kaede watch over the diner for me for awhile.” Running to the car the girls left to Rin’s house.

A/N if you didn’t get it by now Sango is a mageneta colored fairy!

~Rin’s House~

“Where is it……I know its in here…..AHA!” Holding the dress up in front of Kagome she asked, “Well isn’t it beautiful?”

“Yes it is, but I can’t Rin its yours”

“Oh cut the mushy crap Kagome. You are going to wear it! Or else I’ll make you clean the toilets!” Rin of course was teasing, but she knew how Kagome hated cleaning the toilets.

“Thank you Rin.” Hugging her she went to put on the dress.

“Uhhh so why am I here?”, asked Sango feeling left out.

“You’re the makeup artist”, said Rin smiling.

“Awesome!”

~Two mins. later~

“Wow you look beautiful!” Both Rin and Sango said.

The dress was a beautiful black with just a hint of blue. The top part had fake blackish-blue diamonds and the bottom part was a long puffy skirt (Like one of those dresses princesses wear) that reached down to the ground.

“You really think so?”, she asked blushing.

“Of course”, said Rin.

“Now I can do your makeup and when I’m done Rin can do your hair.”, Sango said excited for her friend.

~20 mins. Later~

“Tada!”

Looking at herself in the mirror she couldn’t believe it was her. Her long wavy hair was now curly thanks to Rin and Sango had put on light gray eye shadow with a small hint of blue and shiny lip gloss on her.

“Thanks you guys!” Hugging them she looked back at the mirror.

“There’s something missing.”, said Rin.

“Yeah I think so too……..I know! A mask!” Yelled Sango.

“Yes that’s it! Hurry up let’s go to the store before it closes!”

~In front of store~

“Please Jankotsu let us in please! I’ll give you free breakfast for a week!” Pleaded Rin.

“Oh I don’t know”, biting his pinky he said, ”Oh fine, but make it a month.”

“Thank you!”

~Minutes later~

“I can’t find anyone that matches you guys”, said Kagome.

Looking around Rin spotted one in the glass counter.

“Jankotsu give me that mask!” She yelled.

“This one?” He said handing her it.

“Yes this one is perfect try it on Kagome!”

“Ok” Putting it over her eyes she asked, ”So how does it look?”

“Perfect, but something else is missing. What are you suppose to be?” Pondering a bit Rin came to a blank.

“OH! I know a vampire princess!”, said Sango.

“Oh well I guess its your lucky day lady’s I have these fangs and before you interrupt its not those cheap plastic ones you can’t talk with there fangs you stick on your own human fangs. There very comfortable. I actually sold another one of these yesterday.”, said Jankotsu giving Kagome the fangs.

“Awesome!” Putting them on she tried talking a bit to see if the were comfortable.

“Now let’s go or you girls will be late. I’ll pay by the way.”

“Thank you Rin again. You’re the best.”

A/N If you saw the movie you can see I made a few changes here and there. R & R it makes me feel proud of my fic. And check out my bio I wrote an upcoming idea for another Inuyasha fic. Hmmm who did Jankotsu sell those fangs? And yes I have seen fake fangs like these. There were at Hot Topic, but unfortunately I didn’t get them! (It was Halloween)