InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Feudal Fairytale: The Begining ❯ My demonic powers are WHAT?! ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Inuyasha," Sesshoumaru growled, "what are you-?!" Then it hit him, right in the middle of that sentence. How did he not smell that half-breed? 'If I couldn't smell the rank stench of that mutt, that half-breed, that means...!' His eyes widened noticeably, "That's right, your Demonic powers are out of wack, and finally I have the upper hand!" said InuYasha confidently, smirking just enough to show his particularly sharp fangs.

Sesshoumaru allowed himself a soft, sharp gasp. 'How? Is it some spell? It is impossible for a demon to lose his demonic powers! Yet, if I didn't catch even the slightest whiff of the horrible odor of a half-breed, then that is the only explanation.'
Thankfully, this is when Kagome walked in and interrupted the "Brotherly Love" that seemed to be brewing, "Inuyasha," She said sweetly, a fake smile plastered across her face, "SIT!!!" Then her eyes strayed from her demonic companion, "Sesshoumaru! You're finally awake! How are you feeling?" She asked brightly, but it was Rin who answered.
"Lord Sesshoumaru is not feeling very well, it hurt him to even sit up," Rin said rather quietly.
'How could this have happened?' He asked himself sourly, 'How could I, Sesshoumaru have been beaten by a wolf demon and that filthy Half-breed?!' He contemplated interrogating himself further, until a thought surfaced: Rin saw him unconscious! Defeated in battle! This was one of, if not the most shameful thing that could happen to a demon...
And to think he had cracked a joke about it! Now, actually embarrassed for once in his life, he looked down away from everyone and tried to raise himself further, but was rewarded with only another stab of pain. But, determined as always, he pushed his body to his limit and stood. And, still trying to look the "Powerful" one to Rin, he carefully took a step, and, shocked at the pain he encountered, stumbled and fell.
Luckily, Kagome and Kaede caught him and gently lowered him to the floor. Then Sesshoumaru forced himself to endure long enough to lie down before he felt yet another stab of pain and knew he was going to pass out once again. But not before seeing the worried look on Rin's face.
He was sure he saw a Rin-shaped blur rush to his side. He felt something wet hit his face. Tears. He realized. Again, the child's tender heart was breaking. He tried to lift his hand to comfort the girl but he didn't get very far. His hand started to fall again, but then he felt a much smaller, warmer hand lift it. With Rin's help he raised his hand up to her face. When he felt those hot, salty tears caress his hand he nearly started crying himself.
They locked eyes, and he stared into hers. They were just like her: pure, beautiful, shining.
He could say it-right now. But he decided against it. He wanted to be alone with her, and it just wouldn't be right if those Miko's were staring at the two of them. He let himself go limp, and blinked his eyes to hold back the tears. Then his vision blurred and faded, but he was still vaguely aware of a weight on his stomach and the sound of a sobbing child....