InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Feudal Fairytale: The Begining ❯ More Than Willing ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Rin, may I ask you something? Why? Why are you staying here? I'm sure you would be more comfortable back at the castle." That was the statement that was forced from his lips, and a sorrowful one at that...."Because, Lord Fluff - err...I mean Lord Sesshoumaru, I want you to feel better! And I want to know when you DO feel better, and I can't do that from far away, can I?" Sesshoumaru was momentarily shocked at how she had noticed a miniscule detail like that. 'Don't kid yourself, she is just a normal eight year old girl, she just cares about you!' Said a voice in his head. 'Good point,' he thought grudgingly. 'Am I nuts? Who talks to themselves?' He realized, even more grudgingly, that questioning himself fell under the category of talking to himself. 'You' That voice pointed out, dripping with smugness. 'Go away.' He thought firmly, avoiding Rin's eyes, 'No.' 'I loathe you.' He then had the distinct feeling that whoever this voice was, was grinning smugly.
"Rin, I'm going to try to get some sleep, alright?" He asked Rin, who was looking out the window. She jumped at the mention of her name, as thought he had shouted it. But when she turned to face him she looked perfectly calm, as though nothing had happened. "Alright, pleasant dreams, Lord Sesshoumaru." She said, looking at him. He rolled over and fell asleep.
*Rin's point of view*
"Lord Sesshoumaru?" I asked, looking out the window. After I didn't receive an answer I looked over at him. He was already asleep. 'Oh, that would explain it...Yeah, well, better go - He could wake up at any time, and I want to be back before he does.' And I stood up, a determined look etched on my face. Kaede would be shocked to see me away from Lord Sesshoumaru, so I had better look like I have a reason to be. 'After all, Lord Sesshoumaru needs me, I'd better hurry!' I thought to myself. I walked out of the hut and followed the path to where I was pretty sure Kaede was staying. Knocking on the door I jumped when I heard an elderly voice say, "Yes, yes, who's there? Who dares disturb an old woman who is clearly in the middle of something? Who do you think - Oh! Rin, It's only you, I thought InuYasha was back to pester me about Kikyo again." Kaede said, a look of care had appeared on her face as soon as she looked at me. I felt rather small talking to a woman of her standards, which was strange, considering I spent most of my time with Lord Sesshoumaru.
"Kaede-Sama, may I speak to you alone?" I said, looking Kaede in the eye. "Of course child, come in," She said, moving aside to let me through. "Would you like some tea? It's no trouble," She said. I nodded. As she put a pot over the fire I said quietly, "Lord Sesshoumaru is not feeling as bad, I think. Do you think he will be better soon?" I looked down at the floor, seeing as I couldn't bear to look up at her. She was silent for a while, as though she was thinking over the answer carefully. Then she let out a long sigh. 'I don't like the sound of that.' I thought, frowning. "Child, it is not your fault. Lord Sesshoumaru was slashed by Kouga, not you. Don't think on it too long." She paused, as if to see my reaction. I didn't give her that privilege though. I kept my head down, and my face expressionless. Then she spoke again, "If Lord Sesshoumaru has any hope of surviving, it lies not in you, but him. I know you care child, you care more than any other person in this village, even that strange green-" I cut her off. "You mean Jaken? He was here? Is here now?" I asked her, with more emotion than I would have liked. Kaede seemed not to notice though. "Yes, Jaken, that is the name. He was here, but you were asleep and he decided not to wake you." She said. "Oh," I muttered quietly. We were quiet for a long while, and then I finally piped up. "Kaede-Sama, is there any way to lessen the pain Lord Sesshoumaru endures? Is there any way the pain can be placed on me instead?" I questioned her.
I felt hot tears build behind my eyes, but I blinked them away. "Please tell me, is there any way to cease the pain my Lord endures every day and night?" She sighed again, "Child, I wish you hadn't asked. It is not worth it, you could very well die from the pain,-" I snapped my head up, "What? Really? There IS a way?" She looked up at me. "Yes child, there is. But the question isn't if there is a way, it's if you are willing." I looked her in the eyes, a boring stare that would feel as if the sun itself was shining directly on her. "I am more than willing, Kaede-Sama, I love him."