InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ a forgotten love and a forgotten child ❯ A new friend ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Don't own inuyasha! Ok so I know I haven't updated it's because I have many other stories to update on! I'm in a rush so please bare with me! Ok here goes next chapter!
 
 
Part 5- A new friend
 
 
 
****I****
 
 
“So kaida did you have fun today?” kagome asked as she tucked kaida in.
 
“A little” kaida said softly. Her eyes looking at kagome, and her sad fragile face would make anyone feel guilty.
 
“Well even so, but kaida you should have more fun, its ok to have fun”
 
Kaida looked away and closed her eyes. Kagome frowned sadly at this. “Ok goodnight sweetheart” she kissed kaida and left the room.
 
 
 
(*)(*)(*)
 
 
2 days later….
 
 
 
He sat there on top of a tree branch napping sulking in the sun as usual. He hadn't seen kaida in 2 whole days and he began to worry. Inuyasha herd a door slam softly and his ears perked. He awoke slowly and stretched in the afternoon shade.
 
He looked and saw kagome. What is she doing out her?...wench..
 
Inuyasha studied kagome his eyes glaring at her like two fire stones.
 
Kagome…. Why didn't you tell me about our child? …did you actually think that I wouldn't be a good father? Well kags you thought wrong…
 
He heard kagome talking on the phone, inuyasha with his sensitive ears caught what she was saying.
 
“Oh hello hojo” she said ever so happily.
 
“Why the hell is she talking to him?” inuyasha asked himself madly as he thought about hojo in disgust.
 
“ Hmm? No I don't think I can, I'm sorry hojo, I have to pick up kaida in an hour…I'm sorry…. Maybe next time”
 
So? Hojo isn't good enough for you kags? Good because I'm the only one for you… and I hope that stays drilled inside your girly head.
 
 
(*)(*)(*)
 
“Come on kid get the ball!” a child yelled as kaida ran to get the ball.
 
Inuyasha had followed her scent and landed there in the pre-school. He hid watching kaida and her classmates. As he did with kagome he wanted to see if kaida was ok.
 
“Took you long enough” scowled the older boy as kaida handed him the ball.
 
“Why that little punk?” scowled inuyasha as he glared at the sight.
 
Indeed kaida did get bullied on a lot. Just because she was different from all the others.
 
“Hey kasu?” she asked the older boy.
 
“What?' he asked annoyed.
 
“Do you think I can play?” she asked. But before he was about to say no, he hesitated and finally spoke.
 
“Yeah you can play” he said evilly.
 
“Really?” kaida asked excitedly getting out of her dark shell.
 
“Of course why not? Ok here's the game, you go stand over there next to the bush behind the gate and wait until we come find you ok?”
 
“OK!” she nodded and ran to the far long distant corner where she was assigned to.
 
“And don't come out until I say “I like fish soup” he shouted.
 
“OK! I won't!”
 
Kaida sat herself next to the bush waiting to be called out. Inuyasha watched from afar how she ran with excitement to the far corner. He felt guilty inside. Guilty because he felt it was his fault she was being treated like this. If it wasn't for him, kaida would have probably been born a regular human child. Instead of an unwanted half breed. The word pained him inside that his own daughter was a half breed.
 
It began to get late and kaida still sat there waiting to be called on so she can go home. Bu everyone had left. Kagome waited outside. Inpatient of where kaida was. Kagome new kaida wouldn't go anywhere on her own.
 
Inuyasha got tired of watching kaida sitting there like a useless rag doll. He stood from his hiding place and went to her. As he approached her the scent of salt filled his nose. She had been crying.
 
Inuyasha bent to her level. “Hey kaida come on” he said sweetly so her.
 
Kaida gasped softly as she saw him there before her, she whimpered a little and scooted closer to the gate.
 
“It's ok kaida, I won't hurt you, do you remember me, I'm inuyasha”
 
Kaida opened her eyes and began to remember. Inuyasha took off his cap and she looked at his ears. And she quickly hugged him. Inuyasha was stunned and returned the hug. He felt a strange feeling inside as his daughter hugged him. He suddenly felt happy and all his anger left his body. Inuyasha had finally felt what it meant to be a father.
 
Kaida cried in his strong arms. He held her tighter in his arms, trying to protected her from everything. He felt as if he should always be there to keep her safe.
 
“Come on kaida let's go home” he whispered to her and picked her up in his arms.
 
He jumped over the gate and walked to kagome's house. He didn't want to carry her up and down buildings because he was afraid of hurting her. If something did happen. Besides he preferred to walk with her and have time to get to at least know her a little.
 
She rested her head on his shoulder. Her eyes half open. Inuyasha kept his eyes on the street watching there surroundings in fear if someone would come and take her from him.
 
“Kaida what happened?” he suddenly asked.
 
She didn't respond at first “come on you can tell me” inuyasha said.
 
“I was waiting…” she finally responded.
 
“Waiting for what?”
 
“To go play” she mumbled.
 
She was waiting all that time and no one ever called her out to play… kaida… I was treated the same way as she is being treated right now, and no one knows how it feels. How it feels to be shunned by the ones you love.
 
Inuyasha's arms hugged her tightly as if he never wanted to let go.
 
“Hey, don't be sad kid, how bout I'll be your friend?” inuyasha asked.
 
Kaida lifted her head from his shoulder. “really?” she asked trying not to get her hopes up.
 
“Really” inuyasha smiled and kaida hugged him. Her small arms wrapped around his neck. “thank you” she whispered.
 
Inuyasha smiled at this. He couldn't help but smile at her.
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
“yeah kid”
 
“ You're my first friend”
 
Inuyasha suddenly felt sad again, knowing that his daughter has never had a friend, but also it made him happy again that he was her first friend.
 
“Kaida I'll never leave you I promise” he whispered to her.
 
 
 
(*)(*)(*)
 
 
 
 
I know I know I could of made this chapter longer but I had to end it because the next one will be better! Ok bye bye!