InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ a forgotten love and a forgotten child ❯ A child's love, a mother's pain ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- Inuyasha and its characters do NOT belong to me. Except for sweet little Kaida, she's my character, I invented and own her.
 
A/N: Hello dears. Sorry for the long wait. With High School starting again I haven't had the time to update on my stories but now that I have extra time I will update as soon as possible. Please my dears be patient.
 
Part-7. A Mother's Love. A Child's Pain.
 
 
 
 
~~~~~
 
 
Kagome looked out the window, her chocolate brown eyes lost in thought.
 
How could I let things get this far? I mean, I never meant for her to live like this…I didn't know it was going to be this way now and maybe forever. Kaida…she deserves to have a life without being judged for what she really is a…hanyou…but people don't know that, and if they did they would just reject her…maybe even hurt her. No one should find out what she really is deep down. What her father is…Inuyasha…how long will he plague my thoughts?
 
“Mama” kagome was distracted from her thoughts when she heard kaida's sweet voice. Kagome turned and smiled at the young child that stood before her. Kagome's eyes stung with tears as she watched the innocent look on her daughter's face, the broken smile she held every day that she lived. A tear escaped and ran down her cheek.
 
Why Kaida? Why do you have to bare with this pain? Why must you suffer for something that's not your fault? It's not your fault…the way you were born…what you really are…
 
Kaida noticed her mother's tear and a worried expression covered her pale face. Her green eyes shifted around. “Mama?” she whispered that kagome barely heard her.
 
Kagome studied her daughter's angelic face. Why would anyone hate such a gorgeous little girl as this? Why would anyone treat her as such?
Why do you have to suffer Kaida? Why can't they just accept you for who you are?
 
Another tear escaped and rolled down kagome's other cheek. Kaida's eye filled with concern and she became somewhat nervous towards her mother's painful reaction.
 
“Mama?” Kaida raised her voice a little “are you-“she stepped towards her mother.
 
“I'm sorry Kaida” kagome spoke in tears “I'm sorry” By now kagome's heart had shattered all over. “Mama” Kaida stepped closer as she reaches her hand closer to her mother's.
 
“I'm Sorry!” Kagome cried and ran off in tears leaving the young hanyou behind in confusion.
 
“Mama?...” Kaida stood there in confusion. Her eyes shifted and landed on a picture of kagome. She walked towards it “What's wrong with mama?” she asked as she held the portrait. “Is it my fault?...What I do wrong?”
 
 
 
 
(*)(*)(*)
 
 
 
 
Kagome ran out the shrine and to the 100 year old tree. She crashed against its enormous trunk and buried her face in it.
 
“I'm sorry Kaida! I'm so sorry!” she cried as she clenched her nails into the tree. “It was my fault all my fault!”
 
***
 
Kagome had been out there four quite a while until her mother went to her.
 
“Kagome what's wrong?” Mrs. Higurashi asked as she sat next to her daughter. Kagome wiped her tears. “Noting” she spoke.
 
“It's about Kaida isn't it?” she asked as her smile retreated just a little. Kagome turned to her. “How did you know?”
 
“Because I'm your mom, I'm supposed to know these things. Just like when you know that something's wrong with Kaida. It's as simple as that”
 
Kagome shifted her eyes back onto the tear moist floor that lay below. “I just feel that everything's my fault…the reason why she suffers so much”
 
“Kagome, listen to me. It's not your fault. Kaida was born her own special way and no one can change that.”
 
“I know but sometimes I feel that it's my fault she's so unhappy, because I don't know what to do about it…every time I look at her she has this look in her eyes. A look that tells me she's not happy with her life” Kagome closed her eyes as another tear rolled down.
 
“Kaida isn't unhappy with her life kagome. She's probably confused with her self. She has no idea what's the difference between herself and other children. All she needs right now is you; the love of her mother. Do you understand?” Mrs. Higurashi asked.
 
Kagome nodded as her eyes re-opened. “I know, but I just can't stand to see her so unhappy. Mom…I don't know what to do. I feel so lost…so confused” Kagome fiddled with her fingers. “I just want her to be happy”
 
“And she will, as long as you're always there for her.” And with that Mrs. Higurashi stood and walked back inside.
 
Kagome wiped away the remaining tears.
 
 
 
 
(*)(*)(*)
 
 
 
 
“Hey freak” kasu said as he approached Kaida in the playground the next day
 
Kaida shifted her yes and let them land on the swing set. “I'm talking to you” he scowled.
 
“I heard you” she whispered.
 
“Then-?...just what I thought” he said and pushed Kaida to the ground. He gave her a look and walked away.
 
Kaida sat there tears swelling up in her green eyes.
 
RING!!!
 
The bell rang and school was over.
 
Kaida sat there on the swings her legs unable to touch the ground below her. Her uniform skirt moving slowly in the gentle autumn wind. She kept her eyes low not moving them. She ignored every laugh that passed her, all the fingers that pointed towards her; all the whispers she heard with her delicate hearing; her hands grasping tightly on the metal chain as if she held for her own dear life. She waited until it seemed forever.
 
“Hey there sweetheart” came her mother's sweet voice. Kaida looked up at kagome with teary eyes. An expression she always held, like a child that had lost her way home. Kagome hugged her child tightly but Kaida didn't return the hug, her small pale hands still grasping the chains. The warmth from kagome's jacket warmed her small cold body as her angelic face collided with her mother's scarf. Kagome broke away from her daughter and sat on a swing next to her.
 
“Kaida…” Kagome spoke. “You okay?”
 
Kaida didn't move. “I'm fine” she finally spoke.
 
“So did you paint today?” she asked as the look in her daughter's eyes changed.
 
“Ah-huh” Kaida said happily and Kagome smiled.
 
“I talked to grandma yesterday” kagome began as she looked at the ground below. “She said you were confused, Kaida is that true?”
 
Kaida shifted her eyes. “Confoosed of what?” she asked and turned to her mother. Kagome smiled. “You sure?”
 
“I'm not confoosed” Kaida stated with a quizzical look.
 
“Kaida you know you can tell me anything” kagome said as she looked into kaida's sweet eyes.
 
Kaida nodded “I know that” Kaida smiled “That's why you're my Mommy!”
 
“Then-“ kagome began.
 
“La la la la la la la la la la” Kaida began to sing in a whisper.
 
Kagome laughed “Kaida” she said sternly and the young hanyou turned to her.
 
“Kaida” Kagome spoke looking at her daughter. “I love you, you know, and I always will. You're my little girl and I need you here with me. Do you understand?”
 
Kaida looked up at the autumn sky. She smiled; jumped off her swing and hugged kagome tightly. “I love you too mama” she buried her face in kagome's warm body.
 
“I love you too very very much” kagome smiled as she picked up her small child in her arms and walked to the car.
 
I swear Kaida. Every single day you seem more like your father…
 
Kagome placed Kaida on her car seat buckled her up, closed her door and went to the driver's seat.
 
 
 
 
(*)(*)(*)
 
 
 
 
The drive back home was quiet. “Where are we going mama?” Kaida asked quizzically as they passed the shrine. “Grandma wanted me to pick up some groceries on the way home” Kagome explained as she looked at her daughter through the mirror.
 
“So did you have fun today?” kagome asked as she put her eyes back on the road.
 
“Sort `a” was her only response.
 
“What do you mean sort `a?” Kagome asked she raised her eyebrow in confusion.
 
“It was otay”
 
“Only okay?” kagome asked in a teasing way.
 
“Mama!” Kaida laughed “Stop that!”
 
Kagome laughed “Okay honey I'll stop”
 
Kaida looked out her window, her green eyes wondered through the buildings and busy life of Tokyo. A red flash past her eyes and she quickly sat up on her car seat. Her eyes wide as ever.
 
“Inuyasha” she whispered.
 
“what was that sweetheart?” kagome asked.
 
“Nothing” Kaida answered as she looked out the window once more.
 
Kagome looked at her daughter through the small mirror once more, she raised her brow in both confusion and curiosity. What is she looking at?
 
Kaida's eyes wondered around. Her eyes held hope and happiness, a small smile spread across her angelic face.
 
Kagome put her eyes back on the road before her car ended up being totaled. They soon arrived at the grocery store. Kagome parked the small car in a parking spot. She got out, opened kaida's door and unbuckled the young child. She picked up Kaida in her arms, closed the door and walked into the store.
 
Kaida watched with wide eyes as the glass doors opened slowly. “Hey” Kagome spook gently “You alright?”
 
Kaida nodded as kagome sat her in the grocery cart and buckled her in with the small belt that was attached to the cart. Kagome took out a small list from her pocket. “Okay what do we have here” she said to herself as she began to push the cart.
 
Kaida smiled looking around. Her eyes wondered until she noticed a couple starring at her with a quizzical look in their eyes, her smile soon faded and she turned away.
 
“Mama?” she whispered.
 
“Yeah sweetheart?” kagome asked as she looked for a certain can on a shelf.
 
Kaida turned to the couple they just starred and whispered among each other. She quickly looked away trying to ignore their stares and secrets. The young couple soon disappeared as kagome turned the corner to the next aisle.
 
“Kaida sweetie you want some cookies?” kagome asked as she looked at her small child buckled safely in her seat. Kaida smiled.
 
“Yeah!” she said as she pointed to the box of cookies she liked. Kagome picked the box off the shelf and put it in the cart. “Okay anything else?” kagome asked.
 
“Candy!” Kaida shouted out with a grand smile.
 
Kagome crossed her arms and gave her a motherly look that said Candy-are-you-kidding-me?
 
Kaida gave her puppy eyes. Those lovely green eyes that no one could resist.
 
“Okay, okay, but none before dinner, you hear?” Kagome said as she grabbed a bag of kaida's favorite candy and handed it to her.
 
Kaida giggled “I promise mama”
 
“Wait here sweetheart I'll be back” Kagome said as she walked 5 feet away from the cart where Kaida sat.
 
Kaida looked around her, a place she knew well; yes they were close to the isle that held the…RAMEN!!!
 
With her sensitive nose she fallowed the scent of her favorite treat. She carefully climbed off the cart. Her small feet landed carefully and fallowed by the rest of her small body. Kaida looked up at kagome, and then fallowed the smell of ramen onto the next isle. Kaida made her way slowly through people as she looked for the delicious treat. She finally came upon a mountain of ramen boxes. More of ramen stacked up on each other. Kaida giggled and took the last box on the bottom, she slowly pulled it out and as soon as she had it in her hands, boxes of ramen fell one by one causing the young hanyou to run for her life.
 
“Uh-oh” she squeaked and made a run for it. (no one got hurt in this caused event….well except for an old lady -_- but she got in the way…A moment of silence for her…………………………&# 8230;okay on with the story)
 
“UGH!” Kaida ran until she bumped against a red pole. She fell back causing her to land on her bottom. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up.

”What did I tell you about wondering around, kiddo?” Inuyasha smirked.
 
Kaida smiled “YASH!” she jumped up on her feet.
 
Inuyasha stretched his arms to catch the young hanyou in a hug.
 
“I wissed you yash!” Kaida said as she looked at him. Inuyasha smiled and stretched her out a bit so he could look at her.
 
“I know kiddo, I missed you too” he said and hugged her tightly. “That reminds me, why did you wonder off?” he stretched her before him again and gave her a stern look.
 
Kaida knew she was in trouble; she looked up at him with those green eyes that could make anyone feel guilty. Inuyasha's eye softened and he pulled her into a hug.
 
“Sorry kiddo, but you shouldn't run off like that imagine what your mom would do if she found out you where missing” He said to the young hanyou.
 
“I sorry” Kaida apologized as Inuyasha put her down. He smiled at her and took her by the hand “Now let's take you back to your mother.”
 
Inuyasha poked through the isle and saw kagome still unnoticed of kaida's disappearance act. She was deep in thought debating on getting the peaches or the pineapples.
 
Inuyasha pushed Kaida softly, to make her way towards kagome. Kaida waved goodbye and ran over to kagome.
 
“Hmmm? Pineapples or peaches??....huh? Kaida? How did you get down” kagome asked surprised as Kaida tugged on her jacket.
Kaida shrugged her shoulders and raised her hands so kagome could pick her up. “I got lonely mama” she said as kagome picked her up in her arms. Kagome set Kaida against her waist and picked up a can of peaches.
 
“Okay sweetheart…peaches or pineapples?” Kagome asked.
 
Kaida thought for a bit. “BOTH!” she finally shot up.
 
Kagome laughed “Alright, both it is.”
 
Kagome walked back to the cart and sat Kaida back on her seat.
 
 
 
(*)(*)(*)(*)
 
“Mom! We're home!” Kagome shouted as she opened the door with her hands filled with grocery bags. She let Kaida run in before her.
 
“Granma! We're home!” Kaida shouted mimicking her mother's words. Mrs. Higurashi stepped out from the kitchen and hugged the young hanyou that ran in her arms.
 
“Aw my little girl” She said as she hugged the child tight. “Granmama! I can't breath” Kaida giggled as Mrs. Higurashi let her go.
 
“Hey Mom” Kagome said as Mrs. Higurashi kissed her cheek and gave her a hug.
 
“How did it go, kagome?” She asked as kagome fallowed her back into the kitchen.
 
“Okay, actually it went alright”
 
“Did you talk to her?”
 
Kagome smiled “Yes. I did”
 
“And-…” Mrs. Higurashi trailed off.
 
“She said she wasn't confused and well she seemed okay”
 
“You see?” Mrs. Higurashi asked. “Nothing's wrong”
 
“I guess you're right mom”
 
Kagome walked out of the kitchen and walked upstairs into her room. Her mind still lost in endless questions. Questions that couldn't be answered unless HE was there. By her side.
 
(*)(*)(*)
 
 
 
“Kagome!” Mrs. Higurashi shouted from downstairs “Dinner's ready!”
 
Kagome slowly opened her eyes. She was resting under a mass of blankets and pillows. Her head hidden under a stuffed animal and a white fluff pillow. Kagome arose but slumped back down under her comfy fort.
 
“Kagome!” Mrs. Higurashi shouted once more.
 
Kagome whined to herself. She yawned and her eyes slowly opened once more. She arose again from her comfy spot and stretched. Her eyes blinked until her vision came clear. Kagome rubbed her eyes and made her way to the bathroom to wash up for dinner.
 
As soon as she was all washed up she made her way downstairs and into the kitchen.
 
“Your plates ready kagome” Mrs. Higurashi said as kagome sat down. “Thanks mom” she smiled.
 
“Geez kagome” Souta spoke “You're awful lazy today”
 
Kagome gave him a look. “At least I clean my room” she commented to her younger brother.
 
“I do so clean my room!”
 
“Children” Mrs. Higurashi spoke “No fighting at the table”
 
“Yes mom” Both kagome and Souta said.
 
“Mom?” Kagome asked “Where's Kaida?”
 
“Right here Momma” A little voice said next to her. Kagome looked down to her side and there stood the young hanyou with tired eyes.
 
“Hey honey bunch” Kagome smiled as she picked up the small child and sat her on her lap. “Aren't you gonna eat?”
 
Kaida nodded with a big yawn. Her green eyes closing. “Kaida are you tired?” Kagome asked as she checked kaida's temperature. Kaida nodded in response.
 
“Uncle Souta and me were paying outside…” Kaida said as she gave another yawn.
 
Kagome smiled at her worn out child. “How about you eat dinner then I'll tuck you in? How's that sound?”
 
“Otay” Kaida said and kagome sat her in her chair.
 
“Mom can I go to souske's tomorrow?” Souta asked “He has a new soccer game and we're gonna play it until our fingers bleed”
 
“Sure sweetheart, of course you can” Mrs. Higurashi smiled.
 
“Yes!” Souta cheered.
 
“And how about you Kagome? Aren't you going anywhere?” Gramps asked.
 
“Well I might take Kaida to the park tomorrow” Kagome smiled as she watched Kaida eat her dumpling.
 
“In my day” Grandpa began, oh no, not another one of his stories, kagome thought. “We didn't have big parks to play in. We went to the field and threw rocks at each other”
 
“Threw rocks?” Kaida asked.
 
“Didn't that hurt grandpa?” Souta asked secondly.
 
“Well-….”He thought for a moment. “Not as much as you think…you see I was a smart boy-“
 
“Was?” Kagome asked and Souta began to laugh along with Kaida.
 
Grandpa frowned in embarrassment. “Still am” he said “I still am a witty man, for my age”
 
“Gramps?” Kaida asked.
 
“Yes my darling”
 
“Are you old enough?” She asked.
 
“Old enough to do what?” he asked.
 
Kaida thought for a moment “Never mind” she smiled.
 
Grandpa chuckled “Alright then as I was saying-…”