InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ a forgotten love and a forgotten child ❯ The hanyou child ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ch 9- The hanyou child

Disclaimer: Inuyasha and its characters do not belong to me. But I do own sweet little kaida, she’s my made up character.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"where am I?" the young hanyou asked herself as she looked around.

Everything was deffirent and completely new to her. The noises the night made frightened her. It was too quite she no longer heard the rumble and bumble of the city. It was quite an illuminated silence filled her sensitive hearing. True she was a hanyou. True she didn't inherit her father's dog ears-- maybe because there was human in him too. Human blood that hid the ears that she rightfully needed but didn't posses. She didn't have ears like her father's but her hearing was just as sensitive. And she still held a hanyou's features.

"Bu-..yo?" she asked as she stepped out of the well. Letting her soft bare feet touch the cold grass below. The soft strands tickled her feet as if she had never touched grass so pure as this. She stepped forward with hesitance, remembering the story her mother told her. The story of that special place...that placed called the--Feudal Era.
It was coming back to her, the story her mother had told her the night before of the Feudal era. Kaida looked around as everything in the story matched with what she was seeing through her bright green eyes. She looked around spotting the sacred tree, smiling a bit but then frowning.

"It-...its just like mama said" she whispered as she made her way cautiously to the tree. Making her way past bushes and plants. She frowned lightly as there was no boy pinned against the tree. No there was no one, no one at all.

"No...ones here..." she whispered as she looked around.A look of worry covered her face and she whimpered "mama-..." she cried lightly as her eyes filled with tears.
Though looking around she was afraid, tears stung her eyes again and seeped out lingering down her pale cheeks. "Mama!" she cried a bit louder as she backed away from the tree. "Mama!-....Mama where are you?!" she cried as she stepped back and made a run for it, running towards the wrong direction. "Mama!" she cried as she ran from tree to tree. Trying to find her way out of the horrible nightmare.
"Mama!" she cried as she came to a stop. Crick-....crack-....tick-...was heard behind a bundle of green bushes. Kaida gasped with fear as her hanyou senses sensed danger, She backed away carefuly and jumped three feet in the air as an enormous racoon demon stepped of the bushes and gave the young hanyou a growl.

The poor child had never seen nothing like this before. it frightened her. "Nice doggy-..." she whispered and stepped back making a run for it. The racoon demon growled and ran after the child hoping to catch a late night snack. "Ahhh! Mama! help me!" she cried as she made her way through trees and darkness making herself even more lost as the racoon demon chased her. Moving its fat legs trying to catch up to the child. Kaida tripped, she went rolling down a steep hill. Tumbling like a ball rolling down and empty driveway. The poor child crashed against a thorn bush with a great clash. Her little pijamas ripped in the process. Her knees and her left arm were exposed to the cold. She winced as a sharp attacked her right cheek. She stood wihtout hesitance as the racoon demon peered down the hill taking a peep at its dinner. Kaida ran until she came to an end. She stood on a ledge, piering out into the darkness. Tears sepped through her bright eyes as she heard the demon aproaching.
She frowned lightly and stepped down the rocks of the edge climbing down with great caution. She hid under a massive rock that was still attached to this ledge. She held on as she forced her heavy breathing to stop. The young hanyou pierced up as the demon's massive head looked around, believing that his dinner had escaped or worse fell down to its death. Kaida slid down an inch as she relaxed herself. She wiped the tears away and stopped her shivering. With caution she climbed back over the ledge, making sure there was no view of the demon. She sighed as she sat herself down and looked down at her blood filled pijamas, her bloody knees, knuckles, elbows and arms. She cringed at the pain that was inflicted into her small body.

"Where am I?" her small voice came forth in a low whisper. "Is this-..." she hesitated, afraid of where she might be. She thought the feudal era was a make-believe world. Not an actual place. Just being chased my Misstress Centipede scared her half to death. But alas she stood, wincing from the pain, yet she ignored it and walked forth hoping to find a way back home before she bumped into anymore scary demons that want to eat her.
"inuyasha would know what to do-..." she whispered to herself as she thought of her friend...her father.

She walked by trees and shrubs with her head down to the floor. Now she knew why her mother said "Never wander off too far" But Kagome wasn't here to sooth her tears. She wasn't there to save her...no not this time. But the pain and misery this child felt as the cold wind clashed against her fragile body. Crick...crack..tick..She shot up as the noise filled her sensitive hearing and a pungent oddor filled her sensitive nose. Her pulse arose like a queen in a parade and her heart sounded like a million marching drums. She stood still. Her hearing picked up some voices, no this was not a demon....not at all. It smelled like people, there was a small odor of a demon, but it didn't smell dangerous...not like the racoon demon. Kaida took a deep breath and clutched her hands into a fist. Forcinmg herself to move forward. Her bare feet ached from stepping on rocks and twings. Her soft small feet weren't used to all this ruffness, they were onyl used to soft carpet, wooden floors and soft grass.


(*)(*)(*)___(*)(*)(*)


"Come on sango-...don't be so fussy" a monk said as he held his stinging cheek.

"Well if you weren't so lecherous" an angered taijiya spoke with anger. Kilala mewed as if she were agreeing.

"You two are hopless" a little kitsune said as he stood making his way out of the hut.

The fire inside was wram, the air outside was cold and freezing, yet the kitsune walked outside leaving the monk and the taijiya by themselves.

Shippo sat on a rock and rested his hea don his hands "Boy, do I miss kagome...." he whispered. His bright eyes setting down on the ground below him. True the kitsune had grown since kagome had left but he was still short and puny. "This is all inuyasha's fault" he glared.

A young child stepped from behind the underbrush, she spotted the kitsune and tripped backward falling on her bottom, cracking a stick as she hit the floor.

"Huh?" shippo shot up "Who's there?" he asked as he stood from the rock, preparing to fight any demon that would attack.

The young hanyou peeked through the bush, her breathing was hard with fear and she trembled with fear. Shippo shrugged and turned heading back to the hutt with sango and miroku.

"kagome?.....Inuyasha?" the young girl whispered as she watched the kitsune walk away. "Mama?..." with hesitance she stepped out of the underbush and slowly fallowed after the kitsune. Leading into a small quite village. She stopped as she looked around, sniffing her surroundings. her demon senses began to kick in. She looked all around and saw nothing but small hutts. Nothing but crickets and small conversations came. She took a deep breath as she fallowed a scent. A scent that felt familiar.
She now stood infront of a small hutt. the warmness from inside teased her as she stood out in the cold, it collided against her warn out fragile cold body. She examined the hutt and listened carefully as voices came from inside. If only she knew that the people inside were her mother's best friends. She would of ran in and cried at their feet. Crying to them that she was afraid and wanted to go home. But she did not know this yet. So she hesitated at her actions as she stood on a wooden box and peeked inside.

"Is it necessary for you to grab me all the time?" asked a young woman with long brown hair and chocolate brown eyes, very similar to those of her mother's. Kaida shifted her glance and landed them on a young man with dark black hair tied back into a small pony tail. She looked at his wardrobe....she had seen men dressed like this one time at the shrine. Kagome said they were monks. So this man is a monk. She looked down next to the young woman and saw a small white cat with claxk markings, kaida frowned lightly as she noticed the cat had two tails. She also frowned at the memory of buyo. If it wasn't for him she wouldn't of been here. Then there he was the kitsune from before. The boy who had led her here. She whimpered as the cold wind grew stronger.

"what was that?" the sango asked as she looked up at the window.

"Ah!" kaida gasped as she lost her balance and fell back.

"Somethings outside!" shippo cried. Kilala hissed at this and miroku frowned standing up. Kaida quickly got off her back and stood running away from the hutt.

Miroku pierced out and saw nothing but a small figure running off "Hey get back here!" he demanded as he ran after the figure. Fallowed after by sango, shippo and kilala.

The young hanyou panted heavily as she tried to run faster. "Not again" she whispered in agony.

"What is it miroku?" shippo asked as he finally caught up to his friends. "It might be a spy, I'm not sure"

"But who would want to spy on such a small village as this?" sango asked.

"I don't know" miroku answerd "But we're about to find out."

Kaida ran past tree after tree as she tripped with every step she took.It felt as if this nightmare would never end and daylight would never come. She began to believe that she would never see her family again. She would never feel safe in her mother's arms again, or talk to Inuyasha again. The poor child tripped and down she went again rolling down a hill. But this time she didn't stand, she didn't move. The young hanyou was unconscience (excuse my crapy spelling). She had bumped her head too hard on a rock and fell into a deep slumber.

"Where did it go?" sango asked as they all stopped, breathing heavily from the exilarated run.

"It might be around here somewhere" miroku whispered "Search around..." and so the four friends set on searching for this "spy" or whatever it had been. they had searched for at least 30 minutes when miroku anounced that they should head back to the hutt.

"We should head back" he said.

"But what about-..." shippo's voice came forth.

"whatever it was, its long gone by now. Lets head back, theres no sense in searching"

Sango nodded and she gasped as she noticed kilala was not around. "You two head back, Im gonna go look for kilala"

"But sango!" shippo said in retort.

"No its okay, you two head on back, I'll be there in a moment" she said giving them a soft smile.

"Alright" miroku said as he returned, so did shippo and they headed back to the hutt where it was nice and warm.

"Kilala!" sango cried out as she made her way down the steep hill. The taijiya frowned lightly as she saw a small figure clumped into a ball at the end of the hill. With caution she made her way to it. Ready and armed in case whatever it was attacked. She hesitated but nothing attacked, nothing came forth. She looked closer and she frowned lightly as she bent down next to the small figure. Sango gasped as she faced the figure towards her. There before her lay a young child. The child was not sleeping, the child was not resting, the child was unconscience."Oh my goodness"sango unwraped the green apron around her waist as wrapped it around the child as if it where a blanket, she picked up the wounded child without hesitating. Without realizing that it was inuyasha and kagome's daughter.


"Kilala!" she cried out as she made her way up the steep hill. "kilala!" a soft mew came forth as kilala peeked out from a bush. There you are. Kilala take me back to the hutt" she demanded as kilala gave a quick meow and transformed into her larger size. Sango climbed on to her back and off they went to the village.



(*)(*)(*)___(*)(*)(*)



"No thanks mom. I'm leaving" kagome said as she walked out the door. She had promised her friends that she'd go out with them to a party or so. It was barely 9:10 p.m. She had kissed her child goodnight at 7:32. Kagome had no idea that her child had escaped and down she had gone through the hidden well.

"wait I have to-" she said in intentions to kiss her daughter goodnight once more.

"Come on Kagome!" he friends urged her. Kagome looked back up the stairs and hurried out the door. Without kissing kaida goobye. It felt horrible leaving like that but her friends where in no position to wait.

"sleep tight kaida" she whispered as she walked out of her home.


____Inuyasha's P.o.v_____

You see! There she goes, you missed her!, a voice in the back of his mind screamed out as inuyasha sat on top of a branch, watching kagome get into her friend's car.

"will you shut up and leave me alone" he demanded to his youkai blood.

Look pal if you wanna loose her-...then that's you're problem.

Inuyasha growled with anger at this "No I'm not gonna let her go" and with that he jumped off the tree and fallowed after the silver car. Without being seen.



(*)(*)(*)___(*)(*)(*)

"What is that sango?" shippo asked quizically as sango and kilala arrived inside. Sango was pale as a ghost and her breathing was hard, she looked very worried.

"What happened sango?" miroku asked with worry as he stood. Sango stepped closer "Look what a found" she said as she revealed the sleeping child in her arms. Miroku gasped. "oh my word"

"What?" shippo asked as soon as he took a peek his eyes went wide.

"its a child" miroku pointed out. He looked shocked, he would of never imagened for this to happen.

"I found her by the hill but hurry she's hurt!" sango ushered as she set the child down on a futon.

"What happend to her?" miroku asked as he fetched a bowl of water and a clean clothe.

"I dont know" sango answered "But she's a hanyou"

Both miroku and shippo staired at the taijiya as she cleaned up the wounded child with care. She wiped her face, arms, and legs with a wet clothe. Reding her from the blood and the dirt. Kaida's pijama's were all torn and dirty making it hard for them to realize what she was wearing. Sango tossed them on the floor next to her as she cleaned up the rest of the child.

"How do you know?" miroku asked.

"Her hair" sango answered "Its a bright silver....just like Inuyasha's. Her skin's a bit too pale for her to be human."

" A hanyou like Inuyasha?" asked the young kitsune.

"Yes shippo" miroku answered. "But why was she out there all by herself?"

"Who knows" sango answered "If her mother was human, she probably abondened the child by the villages rules, or if she is demon....perhaps she was ashamed"

"I don't understand" said shippo as he examined the child's face.

"If the child's mother is human, her village must of forced her to rid of the child." sango exclaimed as she wiped the hanyou's arm with warm water.

"And if she was demon-..." miroku began.

"She was too ashamed to carry her own hanyou child around" the taijiya finished the sentence.

"That's inhuman" miroku glared as he thought of the reched person who would rid themselves of a poor innocent child.

"I'll go get more clean water" the kitsune shot up as he ran out the hutt with another empty bowl. Trying to help with the hurt child.

"She's unconscience. But she'll be fine" sango said as she rubbed some herbs against the deep wounds, she wrapped them with soft clothe bandages. Wound after wound after wound. The child kept her eyes closed as if she was sleeping and indeed she was. But she lay still like the dead. "All done, all we need now is to get her a clean kimono. To keep her warm."

Miroku stood, not looking away from the small girl. "I'll go into the village and see what I can find" and with that he left out of the hutt. Kilala sat next to sango and meowed.
Sango smiled at her feline friend "Don't worry kilala, she'll be fine." Kilala purred as the child reminded her of their very own inuyasha. Indeed-- the child was his daughter.

"Sango I'm back" the kitsune said as he entered and set the bowl of water next to the futon.

"Thanks shippo, we'll need it later. I'm sure she's gonna be thirsty, who knows when was the last time she had a descent meal." sango spoke as she covered the girl with a warm blanket. Shippo nodded.

"Poor kid" he spoke "I couldn't imagen being abondened like that. Or have my mother be ashamed of me. that's horrible." his eyes sadened at the sight of the sleeping child.

"I know" the taijiya spoke "I couldn't either"

"Where do you think her mother is?" the kitsune asked.

Sango shrugged "Probably somewhere, smiling that she got rid of her child. Or worse...grieving over this innocent child. Who knows...maybe. She's even dead"

Shippo frowned "Dead?"

"Her mother probably died and this child was wondering around the forest without a place to go. We forgot that posibility.." the taijiya explained as she kept her glance on the child. None of them knew where this hanyou child came from. They didn't know if her mother got rid of her, was forced to rid of her, or if she died and left the child without a home, to care for herself.

"Here, Old lady Anima gave me this old kimono of her grandson" Miroku spoke as he walked inside holding a almost new jet black kimono. "Its just her size."

Sango smiled at the monk as he handed her the kimono. Everyone watched as sango dressed the sleeping child. Sango gasped in awe "She' so soft"

Miroku chuckled "She is a child"

Sango gave him a look "I know,"

Shippo frowned lightly at the taijiya and stepped closer once the hanyou was nicely dressed in the jet black kimono. "Sango? What's going to happen to her? Are we gonna take her back to her mother or what?" Both miroku and sango looked dumbfounded. They had not even thought of what was gonna happen with the girl. They had no clue what they were gonna do. Should they try to relocate her mother? Should they take her to kaede and see what goes on from there?...Or should they keep the child and make sure she feels loved and excepted? Whatever it was, it must be done without a simple mistake. The poor girl could live a horrible life if taken back to her mother. Or will she? Things seemed hard but they have battled problems more harder than this. They had faught demons in a matter of seconds-- but findinf out what to do witht his child was harder then all of those tasks. All they needed to do was find out what the child's name was and what had happened to her. It is as simple as that...isn't it?



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: HEY THERE FELLOW PEOPLE...YES UMM YEAH HERE YOU GO--- I KNOW WHAT UR ALL THINKING, OR DO I? BUT YES PLEASE REVIEW! AND NO BAD REVIEWS...I'M A LOST LONELY KID IN JERSEY I DONT NEED TO BE PUMBLED OVER BY ALL THESE FANFIC READERS/WRITERS. SO PLEASE VARE WITH ME. IVE BEEN HAVING ALOT OF WRITER'S BLOCKS AND ITS HARD WRITING WITH MY MIND ON OTHER THINSG SO DON'T KILL ME >_<