InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ a forgotten love and a forgotten child ❯ Will you need me, now? ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Disclaimer: I do NOT own inuyasha or any of its characters but kaida is my character.


Ch.11- Will you need me, now?




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Sango sat the stunned by shippo's sudden question. "Well miroku..?" she turned to the monk. "What do you think?"

Miroku sighed as he sat closer to the child "I'm not sure. Maybe we should wait until Inuyasha arrives. He is a hanyou after all and he'll know what to do" Sango nodded.

"But Inuyasha wont be back for days!" shippo exclaimed. Miroku smiled "Well I guess we'll just have to stay for a while longer. I mean it wouldn't hurt. Besides it would be nice to meet this child."

Sango smiled "Of course it will. She's so adorable"

Shippo glared lightly "But when will Inuyasha come back? what if he doesn't know what to do?"

Sango glanced at miroku once more "Then we'll have to take actions I suppose" Miroku nodded. Shippo plunked back down and just studied the child with wonder. What would happen if they decided to keep her? What will change and what wont?

"Well lets get some sleep then. We'll see if she awakes in the morning." miroku said as he turned of the blamming flames that illuminated the room.




(*)(*)(*)(*)


Her eyes slowly began to open. Her vision was fuzzy and she could not tell what was infront of her. All she knew is that that nightmare was unbearable ans she couldn't wait to cry it all out to kagome, her mother. She stiffled a bit and winced from her sore body. Her wounds were gone but she still felt tired and her joints pained a bit from last night's events.

"Hmm?" sango turned to see the child move around. It was about noon and the child barely began to awake. Sango smiled as she saw the child's eyes open slowly. Revealing their apple green complexion.

"what's this? She's awake?" miroku asked in a slow whisper as he knelt down next to sango.
The kitsune watched as well as the child began to regain conscience.
Kirara meowed with excitement as she pounced next to the matt but kept distance so the child wouldn't be alerted. Her eyes shot wide yet she could still not see perfectly. Her vision finaly came clear as kneeling before her stood 4 strangers. Kaida gasped and backed away as her body hit the wall, a sound of fear escaped her mouth as she stared at the strangers. She looked down at herself and her eyes went wide as she cltuched the black kimono she was wearing.

Sango frowned lgihtly and approached the child. "Hey there" she said softly "Its okay. We won't hurt you. How are you feeling?" she asked trying to reasure the child that things were okay. The hanyou's eyes shifted from sango to everyone behind her. Then back at sango. Tears seeped through her green eyes as she backed away further into the corner. Her instincts began to increase as a soft growl arose from inside her small body. She was terrified, despite her shy and timid personality she was quite upset to find out that all of this was not a dream.

Sango smiled at the child "It's okay don't cry. She's frithtened..." she spoke as she turned to the monk.

The hanyou stiffled a bit as she held her ground.

Shippo winced "She looks dangerous..."

Miroku stood "She's only terrified. It is to be expected. Sango don't get too close who knows what could happen."

Kaida growled at the monk. Her tears flowing freely and she fell back with exhaustion. Sango gasped as she cought the child in mid-air. "she-...passed out"

Miroku sighed as he helped sango to her feet. "Let's give her some time to rest, shall we?" sango nodded at the monk and rested the child back on the futon. Shippo glared at the child "What got into her?!"

Miroku gave a stern look at the situation. "Her youkai instincts kicked in, I believe. Its natural for her to try to defend herself. She is afterall, halfdemon"

Shippo gave the monk a look "She looks more like Inuyasha trying to get out of a bath"

Miroku bit back the laughter and turned to sango who had ignored the whole comment. "Poor child..." she spoke as she kneeled down next to her "She was so...terrified. Can you imagen all she's been through?"

Miroku put a hand on the taijiya's shoulder. "No I couldn't imagen. Now let's let her rest"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mama....? where are you?....mama i'm scared. Where am i? I don't wanna be here mama. i'm scared...help me....mama...? Mama...i sorry....i sorry mama..who are these people..mama..? mama.

The hanyou child stiffled once more. It had been an 3 hours or so since she had passed out from exhaustion. "Mama...?" her sweet velvet voice spoke. Sango gasped as she turned to find the child moving a bit. Sango set down a bowl of rice she had been preparing next to the kettle.

Kaida shifted in her sleep as her innocent voice cried out for her mother. "...Ma...ma." sango approched the child and carressed her. "There there. I'm sure your mama's fine" she whispered to the child. Kaida slowly opened her eyes and there before her was the taijiya greeting her with a warm smile. For a second she thought it was her mother. "..Mama...?" she reached out her hand but it fell back as her eyes closed once more. Sango caressed the child. Hoping she would regain conscience once more.

"mama!" she cried out as her eyes shot open and as she could do was cry in the stranger's arms. Sango gasped in sadness as she held the child close watching as beautiful tears fell freely down her pale cheeks.

"Hey don't cry everything going to be okay" she spoke. Kaida stopped her tears and glanced up to see the woman before her. Her whole body shook with fear as she stared at the woman. A small growl of unsureness arose from her small chest as she slowly slipped out of sango's grasp.

"Sango!" shippo cried as he ran in the hut. Kaida jumped out of the taijiya's arms and ran to the corner of the room. Bearing her sharp fangs at the two strangers before them. Shippo gasped as he saw the hanyou backed up in the corner. Sango ignored the kitsune and stepped towards the girl lending out her hand to her.

"don't cry now. things are going be okay there's no reason to be afraid. We won't hurt you" she spoke soflty to the girl. Kaida let her arms fall slowly to her sides as the growling dissapeared back into her small chest. She was unsure of this woman and much more skeptical of the kitsune that stood next to the kind woman. Her green orbs watched with fear as she noticed the smile on the woman's face. A smile similar to her mother's. A warm kind smile that made her feel some what at home. Kaida stepped forward forcing herself towards the woman. She sniffed sango's hand. "i won't hurt you" sango chuckled at the child's actions. She forced herself to reach out for the woman's hand. As the smell of danger wandered away.

"Come on now...its okay." sango spoke lending her hand out further. Kaida rested her small hand in the woman's and stepped close, falling into her arms. Crying as if her limbs were being torn apart. Piece by piece.

"sango...?" miroku's voice came as she turned to find him in the doorway of the small hut. Sango smiled as she peered down on the child in her arms. "there there. You're safe now" she spoke calmly with more patience in the world. Miroku stood dumbfoundidly, he thought he was gonna have to use force on the child...but he was wrong. The two boys watched as the young girl cried in sango's arms. Her cries pierced through the afternoon and it was a while before they died down.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sango watched as the young girl sat in the corner of the hut. "are you hungry?" she asked. "..Huh..?" kaida glanced up slowly with surprise at her offer. She nodded slowly with shyness. Her silver hair covered her green orbs as her glance turned back to the wooded floor. Sango sighed and turned to the door. Miroku and shippo had left to find kaede. She had left earlier to purify some demon attacking a village nearby. Hopefully she had returned.

Sango sat next to the child and smiled "Here why don't you eat" kaida glanced up. She sniffed the food skepticly and glanced back at sango. Sango chuckled soflty. "Its fine, don't worry." kaida slowly reached out for the chopsticks only to drop them on the floor. Sango chuckled lightly and picked them up, cleaning them off with a wet clothe and picking up some rice with them. "Here you go"

Kaida stared at the rice and sniffed it once more. This brought a smile to sango. "Its delicious, try it" kaida looked at the rice, she was starving yet she refused to eat. Sango gasped in awe as a light rumble around from the child's empty belly. "You are hungry. Come on take a bite." Kaida glanced at the rice once more and backed away. Sango set the bowl down and glanced at the child. "You're not going to eat. Are you?"

Kaida looked to the floor in shame her small chest arose with every breath she took. Sango smiled "I won't force you" and with that she stood and began to retreat to the other side of the room. "..uh!" kaida cried out in a whisper. She was starving to death, she needed to eat. Sango smiled as she glanced back at the child. "Alright then"
Kaida opened her mouth slowly as she aloud the woman to feed her. She swallowed the food without even chewing it. "You were hungry after all" sango said as she set the empty bowl of rice down. Only a few pieces resided.

Sango faced the child "What's your name?" she asked. Kaida ignored her words as she heard footsteps approach the hut.

"Miroku?" sango spoke as miroku entered along with shippo and surprisingly kirara as well. Miroku frowned "Kaede has not yet returned. Oh-..?" he said in surprise as he spotted the young child up and about. "So she's awoken."

"yes" sango answered "She's fed aswell. But she still doesn't speak."

"Why not?' a very curious kitsune asked as he jumped on miroku's shoulder. Sango shrugged "I don't know" she turned back to the child.

Kaida glanced up and starred at everyone infron of her. With uncertain eyes she looked at them all. Frowning lightly at the monk and at the kitsune. She didn't mind the two-tailed cat nor the woman that had fed her. But yet she felt unsure of the other two. Miroku bent to her level as she backed away. Her light growls rising once more.

Miroku chuckled "Don't be so hostile I won't hurt you, now tell me little one. Where is your mother?"

Kaida gasped as she shot up thinking of her mother. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she stared off into space. "Ma-..ma...?" she whispered.

Shippo gasped "She spoke!" sango nodded as she turned to miroku. Miroku turned to her as well then to the child. "Where is she?" he asked the hanyou once more. Kaida shook her head bringing herself to speak but she just ignored the question. She shifted her glance looking around the room as if kagome would pop up anytime soon to come and save her.

"Oh you poor child" sango whispered as she set her hand on the child's shoulder. Kaida flinched at the touch and bursted out crying. Sango took the frightened child in her arms as she stood. Shippo frowned "Why is she crying?"

"She's affraid" miroku spoke "of course she is" sango's voice came after.

"Is that bad?' the kitsune asked. Miroku gasped "I suppose it is"




000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Kagome's eyes opened slowly as she reached her hand out only to touch nothing. Her eyes shot wide open as the space where kaida slept was empty. "Kaida?!" she panicked but calmed at the thought that she might be downstairs. Last night was a killer. Kagome felt as if the music was still drilling in her head. Kagome stepped into the bathroom striping off her clothes as she turned on the hot shower and stepped inside. The warm water collided against her cold skin as she shivered a bit. She rubbed the sleepyness out of her eyes and yawned once more as she filled her head with shampoo. Washed thourogly(excuse my awful spelling) and washed it off. Aplying conditioner after. Then it hit her...the memories. Those awful memories that haunted her everyday.


~~~~~~~~~

Kagome sat near the hot springs thinking to herself of what she would do next. She smiled as she felt strong arms embrace her. She turned to find inuyasha holding her.

"Hi there" she smiled at him. Inuyasha rested his head on her shoulder and breathed in her auroma. "Kagome have I told you you're beautiful?" he asked in a low whisper as he kissed her neck.

Kagome smiled and rested her lips on his "You just did" she spoke as she pulled apart. "Inuyasha?.."

"What is it kagome?"

Kagome strummed her fingers as her cheeks turned a rossie red color "Inuyasha...do you love me?"

Inuyasha smirked as he hugged her tighter "Of course I do. Kagome I'm nothing without you" he said and kissed her lips one more time. Then took her into a hug leading her body to the soft grass below.


~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome smiled at the memory "what the-..? Ugh!" she scowled as she tried to erase the memory. "I hate you inuyasha!" she spat as she turned off the warm water. She stepped out of the shower as she wrapped a warm towel around her body and grabbed her toothbrush. She glared at herself through the mirror and brushed her teeth without mercy. How can i be thinking of that selfish arrogant baka! i don't need him I never did! Inuyasha... you jerk! Baka! baka! baka!

"That stupid arrogant jerk.." she whispered as she dressed herself. "I never want to see you again!" Kagome fell to her knees as she remembered the awful scene. The reason why she left the feudal era forever and why she never tole Inuyasha about their unborn child. Tears dripped down as kagome's heart shatted into pieces once more jst by thinking of the awful past. "Stupid Inuyasha.." she whispered "All I did was love you...and that's how you repay me? I never want to see you again...never..."

Kagome hauled herself up and made a straight gave "Why am i crying for...that happened so long ago..oh kagome how foolish can you be" she said to herself and walked downstairs. "Morning mom" she smiled as she entered the kitchen.

Mrs. Higurashi smiled "My my arn't you and kaida sleepy heads"

Kagome gave her mother a quizical look "kaida...? She's already awak no?"

Mrs. Higurashi smiled "No, i thought she was still asleep"

"no..I thought she already woke up. Is she with souta?"

"No. Souta left to his friend's house hours ago."

kagome gasped as she ran back upstairs "kagome! Kagome!" her mother called after her.

Kagome ran up the stairs and into her bedroom. Stirping off the blanket from the bed. Empty. "Kaida...?" heart heart felt as if was going to jump out of her chest. "Mom she's not in the room!" she panicked as she raced back downstairs.

A worried expression covered her mother's face. "Maybe she's outside" kagome nodded and walked out the door.


________________________



Inuyasha sat on the brach on a large tree. His eyes slowly opened as he heard kagome's sweet voice call out their daughter's name. "...uh?.." his eyes opened fully as he spotted kagome walking around calling after the child. "kaida!" she called out. Her sweet voice pierced through his sensitive hearing as her sweet fragrence filled his nose.

"Kaida..?" he pondered as he sat up. He frowned she was not out here and even if she was he would of been able to smell her right away. No matter where she was hiding. "Oh kags.. don't tell me you lost her" he growled as he jumped off the tree without kagome seeing him.

Tears now ran down her cheeks as she despritely looked for her daughter "Kaida where are you?!" she cried trying to bite back the tears. She was beggining to imagen the worst but she had to keep on looking. "where are you?" she looked around finding nothing but the child's toys laying on the floor of the shrine.


"oh look who we have here" the dreaded voice returned.

"what do you want now?"

"kagome's all alone..ya know...maybe you should-...talk to her?"

"keh! what are you crazy! and butt out I don't need you telling me what to do!"
he growled at the voice.

"kaida!...hmm, she's not out here. Maybe she got kidnapped!" kagome gasped as she ran back inside her home. She hesitated as she reached the door, glacing behind her. She felt a presence as if he was here..."no...it couldn't be...its not" and with that she hurried on inside.

"What do you mean she's not out there!" Mrs. Higurashi panicked. Kagome sighed heavily as she wiped away her tears. "She's not I searched everywhere. I have no clue where she could be!"

Mrs. Higurashi hugged her daughter "i don't know maybe souta took her with him. I'll give him a call." kagome nodded as he mom let go to pick up the phone and dial a couple of numbers. "Hello souta. Sweetheart is kaida there with you?....No? When you left you didn't happen to see her did you?....oh i see. No nothing to worry about. Have a good time okay. Love you too" and she hung up turning to kagome with a sad frown. Kagome gasped as her tears ran down her cheeks and dripped onto the floor.
Kaida where are you?!



000000000000000000000000000000000000

Kaida sat on her small corner her legs crossed and her small hands hid in the sleaves of her jet black kimono. She stared at the taijiya and studied her movements. The kitsune and the monk had left again to search for this kaede lady they had been talking a lot about. Kaida watched sango not taking her eyes away from her. Meanwhile sango cleaned the hut. Picking up the bowls and stacking them up on a small table inuyasha had built. Kaida tilted her head as she looked around the home. Wondering where everything was. The kitchen? The sink? And all the pantries? This home was sure strange even her doll house had a pluming and lighting but this place was plain. Very interesting yet very homie. Despite the frightful situation kaida bit back her tears knowing that she was safe here with this woman and she would help her get back with kagome.

"....uh..?" her small voice spoke as sango glanced back at her. Kaida strummed her fingers and hauled herself up walking towards the taijiya who had gone back to her work. Kaida glanced at the two-tailed cat who peacefully slept on one of the futons. She stepped slowly to sango and gulped as she tugged her kimono. Sango turned around to find the child standing behind her like a lost puppy.

Sango smiled "what's wrong?"

Kaida shifted her glance and looked up at the woman before her raising her arms up to be held. Sango gasped in awe as she picked up the child in arms. She could feel her small body tremble. All the child could do was cry and all sango could do was sooth her tears."there there its going to be fine" she smiled.

Kaida looked at the taijiya, her mouth opened but no words lingered out. Sango gave the child another smile. "i bet you're thirsty" she said as she grabbed a bowl of water. Kaida drank gladly out of it setling her thrist. The cold water felt so nice running down her dry troat she had been crying all day and the water soothed her sore troat.

Sango set the child back down on the futon once more.

"Ah when will she come back" miroku's voice was heard as he entered the hut.

"Miroku, shippo. you're back." sango gasped as she turned to her companions. "Any new of kaede?"

Miroku shook his head "No. A villager informed us that she won't be back until a few days" he glanced at the hanyou and gave her a smile "So how are we feeling?"

Kaida shifted her glance trying to ignore the man before her. There weren't any men back home except for souta and well Inuyasha. yet she still wasn't used to speaking to men. It was strange. Miroku gave the child another smile "Let's just wait for now"


(*)(*)(*)


Kaida gasped as a hand hit the monks face. Sango sat there with an annoyed look on her face, her hand still layed against his red cheek. "You letcher!" she spat at him. Kaida tilted her head as she saw the two argue.

"Don't worry they always fith like that" shippo's voice came soon after. Kaida flinched as she saw him next to her. Shippo smiled "I won't hurt you" Kaida could only look at him and allowed him to sit next to her. "You don't talk do you?" he asked. Kaida looked down to the floor and gave him a light grunt. Shippo laughed and ruffled the girl's hair "Its fine, let's be friends, okay?" kaida stared at the kitsune with wide eyes and nodded.

"Miroku when are you going to change?"

"But sango, I have changed"

"Is that so?"

"Of course. I'm a new man"

"A "new man" he says"

"When will you trust me, sango?"

"When you stop being a complete letcher" the taijiya spat. Kaida tilted her head once more, figuring out that the woman's name was sango. The monk's was miroku and the kitsune's was shippo. She could remember that. It had been days since she first appeared here and yet she still wondered when she would return home. She was dying to see her mother and also Inuyasha. When would she see him again? Despite everything she felt safe, none of them. None of them at all looked at her weird and whispered rumors about her or the way she looked. Well because they're used to seeing demons and half demons and this wasn't new to them like the people back in her own time. But that wasn't the main reason, because they are kind and understanding. They'll care for this child no matter what. Of course they're part of the inu gang!

Kaida stared down at herself watching the strange clothing that covered her body. "You have a name right?" asked the monk's voice as she looked up to see him sitting across from her, so was sango, shippo and kirara. She gulped and stared whide-eyed. "What's your name little one?" he asked.

"If you tell us. Maybe we can find your mother" shippo's voice came.

Kaida opened her mouth to speak but no words lingered out. Everyone sighed giving the child another smile. They had to be patient.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello there everyone. Okay here's this chapie and I know you'll comment. Thanks for reading this chapter and hopefuly you enjoyed it. I'll have the next one up in a short while. Okay well please review if you'd like and tell me what you thought. Thanks ^-^