InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ a forgotten love and a forgotten child ❯ Only time can tell Darling ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, but I do own sweet little Kaida. She's my character.


Ch.12- Only time can tell darling




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Kagome sat in the darkness of her room, her door was locked. It was silent, she sat alone on her bed glancing out the window. The full moon was bright and the sky filled with stars. Yet she couldn not smile. She baried her tear filled face into her shaking hands and cried. Her cries pierced the silent home. Her heart ached and her world was coming to an end. She could no longer live without her child, her little girl. She glanced up, infront of her was a picture. A picture of a smiling child. Her daughter. As sweet as can be. She couldn't belive it, she couldn't belive her child was gone. There was misery in her life now, her heart ached with such a pain it would kill her. She just wanted to see her child's smile one more time and hear her voice once again. Kagome didn't undertsnad how her child just dissapeared. She didn't understand, it was as if she just fanished into thin air or as if she was just a dream and now kagome was awake to find that there is no child.

"Kagome?" he mother's voice rung from the other side of the locked door. "Kagome?"

She didn't answer.

"Kagome..please. I understand you're upset. More than upset but I want to assure you we'll find her. We will."

Kagome didn't belive this, it had been days since she went missing and yet no sign of her. She felt guilty if only she had said goodnight the night of the party. If maybe she had only turned around to check on her, she would still be here. She blamed herself for kaida's absence. She blamed herself for everything that went wrong.

"..If only I had been there...this is all my fault. I'm sorry..."



(**_____________**______________**)

< br>
Kaida sat on a rock watching as the taijiya polished her large bommerang. The sun was in the middle of the sky, clouds sarrounding it making it frsh outside. It was peaceful and quiet no demon lingered close by which ment no danger. The young child watched as her protector practiced in the field. She watched the taijiya's every move. Her eyes followed her movements. Without blinking she studied. "Hey Sango!" called out a voice, they both turned to find Miroku approching. "Good news sango! Kaede just arrived. Sango grinned "Really?"

"Yes, I'm sure we can take the child to her"

Sango turned back to the small child. She had grown used to seeing her face and wasn't ready to let her go just yet. "Oh...I see. Miroku? Is it necesary?" Miroku gave his comrad a quizzical look. "I suppose it is, if we want to find a home for this child."

Sango nodded smiling at the young hanyou. "We'll take her bright and early tomorrow. I bet Kaede needs her rest."I assure you she does." miroku smiled bending infront of the child. "How are you feeling?" Kaida tilted her head and her eyes went wide. As if she didn't understand the words coming out of the monk's mouth. He chuckled lightly and ruffled her hair. "I also assure you'll be speaking soon"

Kaida turned to sango. But not a word she spoke. "I doubt she'll say anything soon" said Shippo as he stopped infront of everyone. "Sango shifted her eyes a bit. Kaida didn't seem hurt by these words. Miroku grunted lightly. "and how are you sure of this, shippo?" Shippo plunked on the floor with a soft thud. "Well have you ever thought about it, I mean what if she was born like this. Without knowing how to speak."

"You mean..like a mute?"

"Yeah, what if she can't speak at all. And here we are forcing here to speak."

Sango turned to the child. Kaida sat on the rock looking down at her feet. Completely unaware of the conversation. "Could this be posiible miroku?" sango asked. Miroku looked at the child, she raised her glance yet she held no expression. As if she was lifeless, like a ragdoll barely brought to life. "It is possible...I mean, she does not respond. She should be speaking by now."

"See what i mean" shippo's expression sadened. "poor little girl."

Sango breathed in deeply. Trying to except the idea into her head. "No, I belive this child can speak. She will when she's ready"

"Sango?"

"No miroku, she can I know she can" she answered picking up her large weapon from the grassy floor.

Every stood silent for a moment. Kaida looked up noticing everyone looking at her. She stiffled, a bit uncofterable by the situation she was put into. "Shippo why dont you take her by the river bank to play" suggested miroku sending shippo a smile. Shippo shot up right away "Great idea miroku! Come on!" he grasped her hand and dragged her to the river bank.



(**_____________**______________**)



"Wow! Look at this!" shippo gasped in wonder as he picked up a shiny rock from the river bank floor. "Isn't it pretty?" Kaida peered at the shiny rock, smiled and nodded. Shippo looked at her in a pensive manner. "This is wrong" Kaida tilted her head in confusion. She thought the rock was quite pretty not wrong. "You've been with us for a while now and we still don't know your name" he frowned. Kaida just looked at him with wide eyes. "There must be a way you can tell me your name"

Kaida stepped back a bit to pick up another shiny rock. "No, no. Not a rock, a name" shippo said taking the rock and throwing it back into the water. Kaida was confused, shippo liked shiny rocks didn't he?

"Oh I know! Can you write?" he asked her. Kaida paused for a moment and picked up a stick. "Yeah that's it!" shippo cheered jumping to the sky. Kaida bent down with the stick on the wet sand. Moving the stick around swiftly. "Yes yes yes!" shippo cried. Kaida stood there was tension in the air for a moment as shippo peared down. Only to find squiggles and stick people drawn on the wet sand. His expression went flat, boy was he dissapointed. "Well that wasn't what I expected" Kaida smiled picking up another shiny rock.

"Ah we're gunna need alot of work. Here lemme see the stick" he said kneeling down and writing his name into the wet sand. "See. Shippo, that's my name. I wrote it down. Can you write your name?"

Kaida only stared at him. Silence. Shippo gave her a helping smile "Can you write your name down?" he repeated once more. Slowly this time. Kaida just stayed quite sending her glance to the water and plunking down onto the grass. Shippo looked at her "You don't know how...do you?" Kaida gave him a dissapointed look. He gave her a reasuring smile "It's okay, I didn't know either. But Kagome thought me how"

Kaida gasped shooting up as the name rung in the air. Her eyes went wide and glimmered. Shippo turned to her. "Huh?" Kaida seemed antsy as she pranced on shippo. "Hey what's wrong? what are you doing?" he gasped. Kaida shook his arm vigoresly. She nodded. "what? what is it?" Kaida jumped up and down nodding. "What?! what?! what?!"

"uh!" she grunted pointing at him and nodding. Shippo gave her a quizzical look. It was as if she had just went nuts. Kaida was frustrated. She could only grunt, whine, and cry but not talk or scream. Not even laugh. She became very frustrated with herself. She paused. Pointing to shippo, he nodded, then pointing to the stick on the floor. Shippo tilted his head. "Y-..you want me..to write?"

She shook her head. And opened her mouth, moving it an a talking motion. Pointing to the stick once more. "Sorry but I don't understand..." Kaida fell back to the floor in dissapointment. Shippo gave her a reasuring smile, brushing her bangs out of her angelic face. "Hey...it's okay. Come on...let's go" he took her hand and led her back to the village.

The sun began to set as the walked through the small path. "You know, its not so bad." shippo spoke lifting his hands and resting them behind his head. "Maybe we can find you a new name. Like for example Kiki. I like that name, isn't it pretty?" Kaida walked silently behind him. Tears gathering in her eyes. She just wanted to see her mother. Shippo stopped grasping the young child's hand. "Come on don't feel bad" he gave her a sweet smile and led her into the village.




(**_______Inuyasha's P.o.v________**)



He sat there on tall building over looking the city. With his amber orbs he searched throughout hoping to catch a glimpse of his daughter. "..Where are you?" he whispered. A deep piercing feeling filled his heart at the news of his daughter's dissapearance. He hated himself for not paying more attention on the child and less on Kagome. There was no word to express the way he felt. Knowing his daughter was missing and he couldn't even catch her scent to help find her. It was on the other day when he had heard Kagome's screams of agony that the child was gone. It struck his heart like a bomb and he stood in shock for a while. trying to surpress the tears. Inuyasha had no clue where to look next. He had searched every inch and corner of Tokyo. But he would search whole Japan if he had to. Just to see his daughter's smiling face once more.

"damn..if I hadn't left after kagome she would still be here..."

"You idiot!" screamed that annoying voice in the back of his mind. You can say it was his youkai blood calling out to him. "How could you just loose a kid like that?! Sure you didn't have trouble loosing that runt shippo. But this? This is pathetic.."

"Agh! Will you shut up! I feel bad enough as it is..."

"well...you're screwed. keep that in mind."

Inuyasha pushed the voice away. hating it more by the minute. But it was right, how pathetic could he be, loosing a child so easily lika that.

Inuyasha jumped off the building. She hadn't seen him yet and luckly for him. She would have also pinned the blame on him, knowing that he was outside spying on her instead of keeping and eye on their daughter. He stopped infront of him was Kaida's School. She was barely in the first years and they still hadn't thought them the complete basics of writing. he jumped over the fence looking around. Remembering the day Kaida was in school, hiding behind a bush. Hoping for her to be called out to play. No one called her. Thats where he first actualy spoke to her. He looked around everything felt disereted. "I got to find her.."




A/N: Hey guys, well there it was! Sorry it was so freakin short but the next chappie will be much longer I assure you. heh, well i hope you all likeed this chappie and please review :D -Delailah












< br>