InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Hanyou Reborn, Kagome's Change of Heart ❯ Water, Water, Everywhere ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“It’s hard to believe you’re engaged. I haven’t even met this guy yet,” Shirley said. The older woman let a pout show on her cherry red lips as she examined again the ring on Kagome’s finger.



“I’ll bring him in sometime. Maybe you’ll meet him at our annual business party, or at our wedding. I’m going to invite you,” Kagome said with a smile. Shirley laughed at this, and let Kagome have back her hand.



“You had better, Girl. I’m looking forward to that. Have you set a date yet?” Shirley asked, tugged at a stray curl with her red polished nails. Kagome sighed and shook her head.



“No, but I think I’d like to do it in the summer. A nice warm day, and maybe at a beach, I’d love to have the ceremony at a beach,” She replied with a dreamy gaze. Shirley laughed at this, and shook her head as she made her way to the door.



“That’d be nice. Well, I got to go do some work. See you later,” She called, and then she was gone, leaving Kagome to daydream by herself.










Inuyasha let out a long sigh. He was working the day shift at work, and he was bored out of his mind.



“What are you doing just sitting around again?” Moshi asked. Inuyasha sat up quickly from his seat at an empty table. He glanced around to see if there were any customers, but noticed none.



“There ain’t anyone here for me to wait on,” He replied. Moshi shrugged his shoulders and looked to where Sara was perched on her stool by the entrance.



“Yeah, you’re right. Ok so we don’t normally get many people during the day. I say we should just keep it closed until supper rush, but Sara insists that we need to be open so people can have to option of dropping in,” Moshi said. He cast another wary glance at his wife and took a seat opposite the sliver haired man.



“So, how goes it in the world of the engaged?” Moshi asked. Inuyasha gave a careless shrug, his golden eyes drifting back out the window he’d been staring out.



“Everything’s the same. She goes to work I go to work. We eat dinner together; we talk, and then go to bed. Being engaged isn’t any different,” He replied casually. Moshi chuckled at this, and gave a shake of his head.



“Well, what’d you expect? On going parties, and lovemaking, I’ll tell you, just wait until she gets pregnant, then you’ll have yourself some changes,” Moshi told him. Inuyasha paled at this and looked up at the older man. Moshi chuckled again as he balked.



“No need to worry. I’m sure you have awhile before you worry about that,” He said. Inuyasha rolled his eyes, and then leaned his head on his hand.



“I wouldn’t mind having a kid, but I think it’d be hard for Kagome. At least it would be now,” Inuyasha said. Moshi’s eyes widened at this, and before he could stop it a snicker crept cross his lips. Inuyasha turned to glare at him.



“What’s so funny?” He asked haughtily. Moshi hid a smirk behind his hand as he shook his head.



“Nothing. I just can’t picture you being a father. You just… seem, so…” Moshi trailed off as he thought of a word, all the while Inuyasha growled at him menacingly.



“I seem so what?!,” He asked with a growl. Moshi tried best at a clam face, but a smile tugged at his lips as he pictured Inuyasha running around after mini replica of himself.



“You seem so young,” Moshi finally spit out. Inuyasha just rolled his eyes and looked back out the window.



“Whatever,” Inuyasha replied. Moshi coughed, covering up his laughter as he stood to go back to the kitchen.



“Well, I’ll just leave you to yourself then,” He said, turning and quickly taking his leave. Inuyasha scowled at his retreating back before he went back to the window.



‘I’d be a good father. I know it,’ He thought with a smug smile.










“Kagome, I honestly can’t believe you”. Kagome sighed and looked at her hands that rested in her lap. Across the table from her, her mother watched her with a happy smile.



“What’s so wrong with wanting to have a small wedding? I don’t want anything extravagant, just a little ceremony with close family and friend’s. It’ll be best, for both myself and Inuyasha,” Kagome told her with a sigh. Mrs. Higurashi just chuckled and shook her head.



“It’s fine, I was just making sure that’s what you wanted. I can understand, I know Inuyasha will probably not want the need to wear a baseball cap on his wedding day,” She replied. Kagome look up at her mother with a smile.



“Our close friend’s now don’t know he’s a hanyou, so they’ll find out at the wedding. I’m hoping there won’t be pandemonium. Inuyasha doesn’t deserve that,” She sighed. Her mother smiled and nodded, her eyes drifting to the clock behind her daughter’s head.



“Well, Sota should be home soon. Then you two can head out to lunch and visit Inuyasha. I’ll get started on finding you a wedding dress shop, since you’re far too busy with work to look for one,” Her mother replied, a proud smile on her lips. Kagome smiled back, and then turned at the sound of the front door opening. A moment later Sota walked in with a bored sigh.



“Hello,” He greeted them. Kagome bit back a laugh at his pathetic greeting, and got up to give him a hug.



“Let’s go out to lunch. I’m sure Inuyasha is bored out of his mind at work and would like some visitor’s,” She told him, with a laugh.










Inuyasha sighed again and twirled a knife with his fingers. Not one person, not even a one. He glanced over at Moshi who was taking a light nap from his seat in the corner, and had been for the past hour. Inuyasha was expecting Kagome to stop by soon, then he could wake up Moshi and have him make her something to eat. His eye glazed over as his thoughts drifted onto the future. He could picture himself and Kagome sitting under the Goshinboku tree as they watch their son or daughter running around the shrines grounds. He smiled at the thought, but soon was snapped from his daydream as a he heard someone shout in pain. His eyes snapped to rest on Sara who was clutching her expanded belly, her face contorted in pain, then a moment later the sound of water hitting the floor.



“What was that, what’s wrong?” He asked quickly getting to his feet. Sara stood from her seat and looked up at him from her drenched skirt with panicked eyes.



“That would be my water breaking, get Moshi, the baby’s coming”.