InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Hanyou Reborn, Kagome's Change of Heart ❯ Nervous Nillie's And Flying Pigs ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
He had never thought he would be this nervous in his life time, his palms were wet with sweat and his eyes wide and alert. He glanced at the clock above the nurse’s station and then at the dark haired man beside him. His face was calm and his eyes closed as if he were sleeping.



“How are you not nervous?” The hanyou asked anxiously. Moshi opened his indigo eyes to look at his younger friend.



“I am, I just don’t show it. Why are you so nervous, it isn’t your wife who’s giving birth?” He asked, cocking an eyebrow at his silver haired friend. Inuyasha shrugged and glanced at the clock again.



“Because, this is what it’ll be like when Kagome has a baby. I didn’t think it’d be like this,” He said, his tone wavering with his worry. Moshi laughed at him, and shook his head.



“It’ll be worse, Sara’s having an emergency c-section, so I can’t be in there. Normally the husband is allowed in, it’ll be worse for you then, because you’ll have to deal with her temper and screams. I’d bring ear plugs,” He told him with a laugh. Inuyasha looked at him a bit worried before he took a deep breath.



‘Kagome’s temper, and her screams… I don’t know if I’ll make it,’ He thought with a shudder.










Kagome and Sota stood outside the small restaurant with puzzled looks. It was dark and the sign on the door read closed, and yet they had know for a fact it was open because otherwise Inuyasha wouldn’t have been needed to work. Kagome let out a sigh and turned back to her brother who was leaning into the large window’s trying to peer inside.



“Okay, so they aren’t here. So where is Inuyasha, if he isn’t working?” She asked, her voice confused and miffed at the same time. Sota looked to his sister and shrugged his shoulders.



“Maybe something happened and they went somewhere, maybe we should go home and wait for a call or something?” He said. Kagome shrugged her shoulders and then started walking down the street, opposite the direction of her car. Sota stood there a moment before he ran to catch up with her.



“Um, what are you doing?” He asked. Kagome smiled at him and pointed to the small café ahead of them.



“I’m going to get myself something to eat, I still want to have lunch with you, so let’s go,” She told him. Sota quirked an eyebrow at her before he gave a shrug of his shoulders and followed her into the café.










“Oh how wonderful for them,” Mrs. Higurashi said into the phone. On the other end Inuyasha was explaining to her where he was and why, he had called to tell Kagome, but learned she had already left.



“So, it’s a baby girl, that’s wonderful. I’ll be sure to let Kagome know where you are when she gets back. Tell them congratulations for me, bye-bye then”. Mrs. Higurashi hung up the phone with a smile and then went back to her chores.










Kagome sipped her coffee as Sota was wolfing down his bagel sandwich, barely taking breaths between his bites. Kagome gave him a peculiar look, before shaking her head.



“You’re a pig you know,” She told him. Sota just shrugged his shoulders as he swallowed.



“I was hungry,” He replied. Kagome rolled her eyes and then glanced out the window to look at the restaurant that was just visible down the street.



“Where could they have gone?,” She wondered aloud. Sota followed her gaze, and then looked back to her.



“Maybe they were abducted by aliens,” He said vaguely. Kagome snorted and glance at him.



“Well, it could happen,” He retorted at her look. Kagome laughed again before stealing a chip from his plate.



“Okay, Sota. When pigs fly”.










Inuyasha stood next to Moshi as he gazed into the nursery through the large glass window. Moshi had his hand spread out across the glass as he made faces and cooed at the small baby in the first row. The child was donned in pink blankets and baby cap, her little blue eyes focusing on the man with dark hair.



“She’s beautiful, just like her mother,” Moshi complimented. Inuyasha just nodded instead of replying, they had been there for the past hour, and Inuyasha was getting bored while Moshi admired his daughter.



“So you said for the tenth time,” He grumbled under his breath. Moshi ignored him, in favor of smiling at his baby daughter again. Inuyasha rolled his eyes and wandered down the hall to sit once again in the waiting room. He was bored and his only ride back to the shrine was plastered to the window of the nursery.



“Bored, bored, bored,” He said to himself. To his right a small girl was watching him with curious green eyes. She was around the age of six or seven, her hair tied up in cute pigtails and her small mouth hanging slightly ajar as she stared at him. She giggled as he continued to mutter about his boredom and came to stand in front of him.



“Why are you bored?,” She asked, her head cocked to the side. Inuyasha looked at her, and sighed.



“Because I have nothing to do,” He replied tiredly. The girl giggled again, and then hopped into the seat beside him.



“What’s your name?,” She asked. Inuyasha cast her a dull look before answering.



“Inuyasha,” He grunted. She grinned at him and bounced in her seat.



“My name is Delia,” She told him. Inuyasha nodded, and looked again at the clock. The girl beside him had stopped bouncing and was staring listlessly at his face again, her small nose scrunched up as she scrutinized him.



“You have pretty eyes… they look like my puppies,” She told him. Inuyasha glanced at her again, and she smiled widely showing off a grin with a missing tooth.



“And your hair is like snow, did you know that it’s white?,” She asked. Inuyasha snorted.



“Of course, I’m not blind,” He told her. The girl laughed too, and then reached out to pull on the necklace around his neck. He looked down and smiled at the prayer beads.



“Your necklace is ugly though, it’s got animal teeth on it. Did you kill the animal?,” The girl questioned. Inuyasha sighed and pulled it from her grasp.



“No, I bought them form a dentist,” He told her. She smiled again at this and sat back in her seat to watch him again.



“Why are you here?,” He asked her after a while, deciding that he could fight off boredom by starting a conversation. She looked over at the nurse station and then back at him.



“My brother is getting his arm fixed, he fell out of a tree,” She replied. Inuyasha nodded.



“Why are you here?,” She asked. Inuyasha sighed.



“My friend had a baby,” He replied. The girl squealed happily and he looked at her again. Her green eyes danced with mirth, as she clasped her hands together in delight.



“Really? Is the baby cute?” She asked excitedly, her blonde pigtails bobbing as she bounced.



“Yes, very,” He replied. The girl giggled and then sat back in her seat again. Her short legs were swinging back and forth as she looked around merely. Inuyasha watched her for a minute before he sighed again. His eyes glanced at the clock and then back to the door, where he jumped in surprise.



“How long have you been there?” He asked, giving Kagome an accusing look. She laughed at him and shook her head.



“Not long, so how is Sara?” She asked walking in. Beside him Delia watched Kagome with dancing eyes.



“Hi, my name is Delia, what’s yours?” She questioned, blurting out her question in her excitement/. Kagome smiled at the young girl and took a seat on the other side of Inuyasha, her hand reaching for his.



“I’m Kagome, it’s nice to meet you,” She replied. Delia smiled, and looked at their adjoined hands.



“Are you two in love?,” She asked. The couple blushed and Kagome gave the girl a happy smile.



“Yes, very much,” She replied. Delia smiled back.



“Are you going to have babies together too?”.



They both blushed a deep shade of red at that question and turned to look into each other’s eyes. Kagome smiled at him shyly, and Inuyasha turned to look at the small girl who’s eyes held a knowing gleam.



“Yeah, eventually”.