InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Hanyou Reborn, Kagome's Change of Heart ❯ Morning Reception ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

          &n bsp; Kagome’s mother was circling them with her digital camera, trying to get a picture from every angle as they stood with their fingers intertwined over the blade of the knife, poised to cut the first piece of their small, but beautiful wedding cake that was made up of large pancakes and whipped cream topped with strawberries, since it was the morning. Sota was standing off to the side with the other guests his arms folded across his chest, one hand resting on his forearm as he tapped his fingers impatiently. He was hungry and that cake was just too tempting.

  “Enough already Mom, people are starving here,” He grumbled finally. Everyone chuckled as his mother gave a small pout and let them go ahead. The guests had all settled down after Kagome had introduced them individually to Inuyasha. Some were still weary, like her grandmother, and some just accepted him, trusting in Kagome’s judgement of character.

  The knife slid through the cake, as they cut two small pieces. Kagome’s mother rushed forward to take the knife from them and then they picked out the pieces, cupping them in their hands. Kagome smiled mischievously and then smashed her piece into Inuyasha’s unsuspecting mouth, most of the whipped cream smearing across his lips, cheeks and chin, instead of going into his mouth. Inuyasha blinked, one of his eyebrows twitching in annoyance, Kagome laughed at him.


“That wasn’t very nice,” He said. Kagome licked at her fingers, a smile on her face.


“I’m sorry,” She said, laughing again. Inuyasha growled playfully and then grabbed her hand tugging her close and giving her a big kiss, making sure to get whipped cream on her face. Kagome laughed and batted him away.


“Good cake” Inuyasha chuckled. Sota grumbled at them and went to his mother taking the knife then cutting a piece for himself, also stealing a strawberry or two. Kagome rolled her eyes, before she took the knife from him and started cutting pieces for the other guests. As she did this Inuyasha brushed a finger down her cheek leaving a trail in the cream, then he licked his finger clean. Kagome’s mother clucked her tongue at him, and waved a cloth napkin in his face until he took it. He smiled at her then wiped his face, and gave it to Kagome so she could wipe her own.


“You two are just darling,” A feminine voice cooed. Kagome looked up at her aunt, and smiled a blush on her cheeks.


“Thanks Auntie Joan,” Kagome replied. The woman winked at her, resting her gaze on Inuyasha. “You are a lucky man, Kagome is the best girl out there”.


“That I already know,” Inuyasha replied. Joan laughed and patted his arm, winking once more at him before leaving to find a seat with her cake in hand. Kagome cast a glance at Inuyasha, a tilted smile on her lips.


“I’m glad you’re getting along so well with everyone,” She said. Inuyasha shrugged and reached for her hand.


“It’s because you’re here, and I don’t want to disappoint you. Besides, their my family now, so I have to get along with them”. Kagome laughed and squeezed his hand.


“Maybe, but I come to recall a time when you and your brother tried to kill each other, every time you crossed paths”


“Yeah well you try to get along with that ass” Inuyasha grumbled. Kagome snorted and tugged Inuyasha to the little table that had been set up under the Goshinboku tree, just for them.


        &nbs p;   The reception didn’t last too long, mostly everyone but Kagome’s friends retired early. Her aunt and Grandmother were staying in the house with them, so Kagome and her friends, Sota, and Inuyasha stayed outside. Kagome’s friends chattered with her, while Hojo and Inuyasha talked a little ways from them they seemed to get along pretty good, which was surprising. Kagome was watching her new husband as Eri went on about her latest boy toy. Hojo was talking animatedly about something, and Inuyasha and Sota, every once in a while had to dodge a flailing hand. She laughed quietly as Hojo nearly missed Sota’s nose.


“Kagome, if you’re not going to pay attention, maybe I shouldn’t even bother” Kagome bit her lip, turning her eyes back to Eri, who smirked at her.


“What’s that look for?” She asked huffily. The three girls laughed, and Yuka reached to pat Kagome’s knee. 


“You’re a total goner”