InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Hanyou Reborn, Kagome's Change of Heart ❯ A Short Walk ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

             Kagome and Inuyasha finally bid everyone goodbye as they decided to walk back to Kagome’s apartment, hand in hand. Inuyasha seemed distracted with something and Kagome couldn’t help but notice his wandering eyes taking in the buildings and the small deep breaths he’d take after passing an outcrop of trees or grass. Kagome looked away guiltily her eyes looking up instead at the sky that was absent of stars through the haze of the city.


“Do you-,” Kagome stopped when Inuyasha glanced at her, his eyes betraying a longing she hadn’t realized was there.


“You miss the feudal era,” She stated blatantly. Inuyasha looked away.


“No” denial was think in his voice.


“Lair” Inuyasha cast her a sideways glance raising an eyebrow. Kagome squeezed his hand, letting out a sigh.


“You take a deep breath every time we pass a tree or anything natural. I know how much you hate this city smell, and the cars and the noises. You miss the freedom of the feudal era and I bet you’re missing our friends...”


“Kagome-,” He stopped when she smiled at him.


“For our honey moon, lets go back. I want to, to go back just for a little while. Alright?” Kagome asked. Inuyasha stopped, tugging her to pause beside him.


“We are going to come back here right? Just a visit, no tricks like you trying to give up your life here to make me happy” Kagome smiled at him, leaning up to give him a peck on the lips.
    “Of course not” Inuyasha eyed her suspiciously, before sighing and starting down the street again. Kagome smiled to herself, reaching up absently to touch the sacred jewel at her throat. It shimmered with her happy mood, and she let out a breath letting that sensation fill her soul.