InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Hanyou Reborn, Kagome's Change of Heart ❯ Do I Stay Or Do I Go ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

             The week had seemed to fly by and Kagome found that she couldn’t sleep. Tomorrow would be Sunday, and they’d have to leave behind their friends again, to return to the well and her time. Shippo whimpered against her tummy where he lay between her and Inuyasha. Kagome patted his orange head, glancing up at the ceiling once more.


She loved it here, in this time, where everything was simple and beautiful. Nothing would make her happier then to stay here longer, but she wasn’t sure if she could leave her family behind. She had made a life for herself in the modern era, but now with Inuyasha by her side, was it really still where she wanted to be.


‘I want Inuyasha to be happy, and I know he’d be happiest here,’ Kagome let out a sigh at that thought, her gaze shifting to find Inuyasha. He was sound asleep, something Kagome knew he never use to allow himself. He was calm here, with his friends surrounding him, where he could carry his sword around and not be questioned, where people knew of demons and legends.


Kagome shifted, and got to her feet slowly, careful not to jar Shippo, or Inuyasha. She needed some air to clear her head.




             The night air swirled with a cool breath that tugged at Kagome’s senses and had her lips tucking upward into a smile. She sat down against the log wall surrounding the small village. Her eyes were trained on the house she had just vacated.


“This is where Inuyasha belongs, and where I want to belong” She said aloud. Her gaze went to the sky, were the stars shone clearly in the pitch of the night sky. In the city she could never see the stars this clearly, not even from the park. The modern era’s skies were to polluted to let the stars shine through.


‘If I make a wish though, I don’t know if the jewel will grant it the way I want it too. I’m not from here, so would the jewel send me back home after I make a wish?’


Kagome sighed, she wouldn’t know the answer to that question until she did make a wish, which was why she was so hesitant. Though if she lived in this era with the jewel she’d constantly be putting her friends and Inuyasha in danger. It was a double edged sword, and Kagome just couldn’t find a way to grasp it.


“You shouldn’t sneak out by yourself” Inuyasha’s voice startled her from her thoughts and she jerked her head to look at him, her heart hammering against her chest.


“I couldn’t sleep,” She said after calming a bit. Inuyasha sighed, taking a seat beside her. Kagome let her head fall onto his shoulder, snuggling a bit closer to his warmth.


“Why couldn’t you sleep?” He asked.


“To much on my mind. I want to stay here for longer, but-,” She paused, closing her eyes.


“But what? We can stay another day, or two if you want. Maybe another week,” Inuyasha replied.


“Yeah, I want to but I only took one week from work”


“Inuyasha...?”


&l dquo;Yeah?” Kagome shifted, her arms wrapping around his as she dug her fingers into the soft fabric of his haori sleeve.


“Do you want to stay here? Would like to live here with Miroku and Sango?” INuyasha glanced at her an eyebrow lifting in question.


“You know I would, but I already told you the I will live in your time with you. It’s where you belong” He told her. Kagome smiled at him sitting up, her hands still tangled in his sleeve.


“But you belong here, where you don’t have to hide your demon heritage. Where there are forests for you to run through and clean air for you to breath. I want you to be happy, that’s the most important thing”


“Well, if your happy I’m happy, that makes things easier. Doesn’t it?”


Kagome laughed, cupping his face in her hands, her cool fingers stroking his cheeks. She leaned forward placing a chaste kiss to his lips before pulling back to smile again.


“I’m happy here, so will you stay with me?”


“That’s a stupid question” Kagome laughed again.


“Just answer it”


“Keh, of course I’ll stay with you”


         ;