InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Hanyou Reborn, Kagome's Change of Heart ❯ The End Or Maybe Just A Begining ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

             Kagome gave her two weeks notice at work, the same day Inuyasha went down to find Moshi at the restaurant and tell him he couldn’t work any longer. They told everyone they were moving, friends and coworkers. Kagome and Inuyasha packed up her apartment. They couldn’t take the furniture. Kagome’s belongings were moved back into her old room, where her mother was going to set up Kagome’s queen size mattress for when they visited. Which Mrs. Higurashi made them promise to do.


             Kagome looked once again threw her bag, making sure she had the essentials. Shampoo, soap and such other things, like underwear and toothbrushes. She got some things like that for her friends. Inuyasha had a bag all for himself packed mostly of ramen. Kagome also had a bag of sweets for Shippo and Haku, she’d have to hide them somewhere so they’d last longer.


“Are you almost ready?” Inuyasha asked. Kagome closed her bag and zippered it shut, smiling up at her husband.


“Yeah, I am. Let’s go say our goodbyes and then we can head to our new home” She said. Inuyasha nodded, he grabbed her bag, pulling it over one shoulder as they left her room.




             Kagome and her mother hugged each other tightly as they stood beside the well. Sota was waiting anxiously to be next. Inuyasha ruffled his hair, and shook his head at him. Sota laughed, as Kagome came to hug him, giving him a messy kiss on the cheek. He grimaced and whipped it away, then returned a weak smile.


“Don’t forget to visit, and be safe. Make sure you eat right,” Mrs. Higurashi said, as she shuffled forward to give Inuyasha a quick hug as well.


“We will Mama, don’t worry. I’ll take pictures to so you can see our house and our friend’s growing family. You won’t believe how big Shippo got,” Kagome cooed. Her mother nodded, her eyes shining.


“I love you both, now hurry up we don’t want you to waste away the day,” She said. Kagome smiled, gave her another hug before she and Inuyasha perched on the well’s edge, readying to jump. They gave one last wave and goodbye, before they jumped into the well. The soft light of the magic swirled around them, Kagome let out a laugh, her hand finding Inuyasha’s.


“Things are finally falling into place, don’t you think?” Kagome asked. Inuyasha glanced at her, and snorted.


“Yeah, I guess. But this is just the beginning you know”


“Yup, and what a wonderful beginning it is”