InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Lost Soul ❯ The Duel to the Death ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"But it was your decision, you first chose Kagome now Kikiyou I can't understand why, but I guess it's your life well for right now." "What does she mean?" "Oh no I told her that I loved Kikiyou and Kagome heard everything, how am I supposed to get out of this one, I'm so stupid!" his mind screamed. "Indeed you are any ways we really must get on with this I don't have all day to kill you and Kikiyou so if you don't mind you can make the first move." "It would be my pleasure." "Agggghhhhhhh!" *swoosh* "Is that all you can do if it is then you really aren't the half breed I knew." "Maybe I've changed but don't start to doubt me now, I'm just warming up." "You might want to watch where you're swinging that thing or have you forgotten that I was holding your Kagome." "Damn it how could I have forgotten, If I could only catch her off guard and then rescue Kagome, but then again I mustn't think or she'll be unstoppable." "Good thinking Inuyasha." "Now I will show you one of my many powers." "Flaming Skull!" *swirl* "What is it!" "This is one of my Flaming Skulls its power really is extraordinary no ones really seen it but your be the first aren't you lucky." "Flaming Skull Inferno wreath!" "Shhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Ssssssssssssssssssssssssswwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooo." The Flaming Skull shot out a great amount of fire that encircled around hugging Inuyasha tightly. It burned at his skin leaving small bubbles formed on his body. "Let's see you get out of that one!" "I can't give up for Kagome, I will stay strong, no matter how badly injured I get I will not give up." Inuyasha clinched his teeth tightly to stop him from screaming in agony. Tears began to form in Kagome's eyes as she watched Inuyasha suffer in horror. Kikai noticed Inuyasha trying to push back the pain that was getting to him, and she enjoyed every bit of it. "Yes that's it suffer for what your dear Kikiyou did to me." "Ahhh, why are you doing this!" "If you really need to know then you must brake the wreath." "No problem!" Inuyasha clutched his fist together creating tiny half moons into his palms as he tried to spread his arms out to pull the wreath away. He used a lot of his strength but it worked. He suddenly fell to his knees still clutching his fists tightly. "How impressive your strength seems to increase when you're in danger or if someone you care about is." "I did what you said now tell me why your after Kikiyou and me!" He struggled a little but finally got back to his feet his knees trembling from the sudden impact. "I will tell you." "Well you see about 500 years ago before you or Kikiyou were ever born there was a mighty high priestess. She was very powerful and kept watch over a certain necklace. This wasn't an ordinary necklace, because it held extreme abilities that only a worthy enough human or demon could handle. To use this power you would have to show no fear against your enemy or give up on any fight, you had to be pure at heart and brave at soul but your mind had to hold a well worth trust. As you see Naraku knew the power it held and wanted it for himself so that he could be invincible from even the strongest of demons like your brother. So he sent hoards of demons to go after her and take the jewel to him. But she wouldn't give in, she knew she had to fight to her death. And right when her life was about to be taken my father showed up, because like you he showed mercy to humans. He stayed by her side fighting off every last demon that came; he even gave some of his own life to her so that she would live. But it wasn't enough, and before her life finally gave in she told my father these words, "Please take care of this jewel for that when you get old and die you will know what to do with it." "My father took the jewel so that he could let her honor herself. He didn't really know what she meant but he couldn't give up on it. See there was just something about that specific priestess, something that made her glow deep inside of her that my father could see, which made him not give up. When he held the jewel it began to light up a bright gold nearly blinding you with its intense power. He then knew that he could never take his eyes away form it he swore that he would protect it and he did. But then he realized that he needed something more, see he never mated so therefore he had nothing to pass it down to when he died. He then got an idea to create a child, he thought hard until he remembered the women in the cave that had given the necklace to him. There was no doubt that he wouldn't use her to make his child. So he went to the burial grounds where he buried her and took her body to his cave. He worked hard for several days and with help from the jewel I was born. But that's not all my father was a shadow demon but to make me one he took half of his heart and bounded it to my other half, he used my other heart piece to fully connect his again. So as you see I'm that of a high priestess and a shadow demon, which makes me twice as strong. And when I was finished my father waited for nearly a year then he passed the jewel to me. He told me to keep it close to my heart for that he would not be here anymore to protect me, because he had to leave to find Naraku and avenge the death of the priestess. He said he would return but never did and with that I knew I had to go after him." "So your just a mere shadow of the priestess and your father?" "Yes you could say that but I do have my own mind and body.' "And where does Kikiyou and me fit into this little circle of yours?" "Well you see about 32 years later I meet a young girl, she was only about 8 years old. She was really sweet and she became my only friend, because well everyone was afraid of shadow demons and there was very few living on the earth so you wouldn't know when they would come to attack. But she didn't care she stood by my side, She was until she stole my sacred jewel and gave it to Naraku. I didn't want to believe it but it kept eating at me so tried to confront her when she was better but she refused and it made her even angrier. Then she ran away I tried looking for her but hadn't yet succeeded. And that's when I saw her shoot you with her arrows I noticed that you had helped by retrieving the jewel but she was too quick for you. I was to afraid to help you because at that time she was stronger then me even if I was a demon, because you see I was a kind hearted demon, I cared for anything and it wasn't my nature to enjoy killing for pleasure or in any matter. She spotted me, I tried to get away but she shot me with an arrow in the back."

**********

Flashback

Kikiyou kneeled beside Kikai's trembling form and said, "I see you have witnessed this so know you can not be free and any ways if I let you go you will just come after my precious jewel." "Its not yours damn you." "Poor little Kikai did you actually think that I wouldn't try and take this jewel, well if you did you were wrong." "I…I thought you were my friend." "I was but after you showed my it I got a little carried away and since you also showed me the powers it had I knew I had to have it." "But how? It's only meant to be held or used by the purest of hearts." "But I was and for that matter I could use it." "What about Naraku?" "Well he's a different story but I mustn't tell you this now." Kikiyou picked her up and threw her over her shoulder. "Now I'm going to take you somewhere it's quite a surprise though." She took Kikai to a old palace that has probably her since it seemed so rundown and falling apart and that's exactly how she was. Her whole life was crashing down on her but she never realized it. "Where are we." Kikai's voice was soft but she was still hurting with the arrow still in her back. "You'll see once we get inside." It took Kikiyou only a mere minute to walk threw the large wooden doors. She walked into a hallway that was covered with candles as they light the paintings on the room up. The paintings were brightly painted but they were mainly of her self. "Who ever took the time to paint her was very tormented." Kikai thought to her self as she let out a slight giggle. Kikiyou didn't bother to check what was so funny she only kept her mind on the jewel and how she was going to use it. "Awe here we are." Kikiyou walked up to a stone door pushing it open led to a flight of spiral stairs. She walked slowly almost to slow to even make a movement. "I want you to take the time you have to take in everything before you are locked away." "What is this nut job talking about there is nothing here to take in or unless she's talking about her self then I can't wait to get locked up. And no offense but Kikiyou isn't exactly the prettiest girl in the world." Kikiyou finally got to the bottom where there was another wooden door waiting for her to enter. She pushed it open to show that there were many skeletons scattered across the dirt floor and many scary weapon and chains. "This is my dungeon were I keep all of my enemies or betrayers." "And it seem to me that you are a betrayer so for that you will suffer." She walked to far off corner and dropped Kikai to the ground. "These chains should fit just right." She then tightened the shackles around Kikai's wrists and ankles. "Now I'm going to put a sacred barrier around you so you won't be able to escape." She pulled out five of her arrows and shot them all at the same time creating a perfect circle around Kikai's body. "Let's see you get out of that." "Once I get free Kikiyou I'm going to find you and destroy you so you won't have to feel pain anymore!" "You fool I never feel pain and that's how I'm going to defeat Naraku!" "I know deep down inside your scared, scared that you might fail or end up getting killed!" "Your mind is playing tricks on you I will never fail!" "But now I must go so that I can face him. You can stay here and die of loneliness for all I care." She slammed the door behind her laughing. "That bitch!"

**********