InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Lost Soul ❯ A Willing Girl and A Helpless Hanyou ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

." Kagome opened her eyes as she rubbed her head gracefully. She looked around trying to focus her eyes so she could see what was going on. "Where's Inuya…?" Just when her eyes began to come in focus she saw both of them kneeling on the ground and the little ball if flame that was that was heading toward Inuyasha. "Inuyasha!" She screamed as loud as she could hoping that he would hear her, but her head began to throb in pain now. "Kagome?" He looked to where she was, a little tear squeezed out of his eye landing on his hand. "I'm sorry Kagome. I love you." "Inuyasha?" The ball of flame from caught up to him crashing into him. It sent him flying again through the air. And with that Kikai fell to the ground smiling. Inuyasha hit a tree that was in his way from going any farther into the forest. "No! Inuyasha!" Kagome covered her face with her hands as she started to cry filling her hands with salty water. She shook her head trying to tell herself it wasn't real, it was just a dream but she knew she couldn't lie to herself. Inuyasha still lay on the ground barely alive. "Kago…me." More tears spilled from his eyes not just from how bad his body ached but from the thought of dying and never getting to see Kagome again. Kagome stopped her crying and got to her feet "How can I just sit here and cry when instead I need to go find Inuyasha." She walked through the path that Inuyasha had made when he has hit by that flame ball. She saw him lying on the ground and shrieked; running to him hoping that he wasn't dead yet. "Inuyasha." She said as she knelt beside him. She started to shake him ferociously trying to wake him. One eye began to crack open, but the other one was sealed shut by dry blood. "Kagome is that you?" he gagged trying to wipe the blood from his other eye. "Ye…yes it's me, I'm here now." "Thank goodness you still alive, I was worried about you." Inuyasha turned his head facing Kagome. "Well no need to I'm not dead y…" His head fell to the ground, he let out a heavy moan. "Inuyasha!" Kagome picked him up by his shoulders so that she could look into his golden eyes. "I'm still here. It's just that my wounds are starting to get to me, that's all." "Inuyasha I need to get you back to the village, Kaede will know what to do." She helped Inuyasha get to his feet; she threw his arm around her shoulder. "I did pretty good for a half demon didn't I?" "Well from what I saw. No comment." "Wha…What just are you trying to say Kagome?" "Oh nothing." "Bu…" she stopped him by putting a finger over his lips. "Shhh, You mustn't talk it will only make the pain worse for you." Her voice was now serious but held a little joy to it. "Feh." He sighed as he slumped further down. "Wait." "What is it Inuyasha?" "Kikai where is she?" "I don't know last time I saw her she was lying on the ground." "Are you sure?" "Positive." "Then we must go back." "Why?" "She saved your life, it's only right if we do the same thing." "Ok, right." They turned around heading back to find Kikai. They walked up to the tree but no one was there. Inuyasha dropped to his. "Where is she, she was right here."

Flashback.

"So as you see Inuyasha your precious Kikiyou was so great as she seemed to be." "I don't believe it!" "Listen Inuyasha I know you think that Kikiyou stuck you to that tree to protect you but she wasn't she did it to protect her self from pain and hurting. I thought the same about her until she stole my necklace that my father gave me. But look what happened she got her self killed by Naraku just like you she was caught in here own pride. Now she has been resurrected from the dead by that stupid old woman nearly killing Kagome." "How did you know about that?" "I know everything nothing gets by me that's why I've been training to become stronger than anything and now I am. So I must find her and kill her too."

**********

"Kikiyou." "She's gone after Kikiyou!" "What are you talking about Inuyasha?" "We have to save Kikiyou!" "Inuyasha?" He quickly got to his feet and took Kagome by the arm. "Come on we have to hurry!" "But what about your wounds?" She questioned him pushing her feet into the ground making it difficult for him. "I don't care about that right now we have to find Kikiyou before Kikai does." He growled yanking Kagome from her firm stance. "What has happened to you Inuyasha?" She didn't even try to hold back again, all that she could do was think of how Inuyasha was acting.

***********