InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Love That Was Meant To be! ❯ The Truth, and Realization! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE.
 
…The next morning
 
The Banquette was only two days away now, and Nobunaga was nowhere to be found.
 
Princess Tsuyu and her Lord sent all their soldiers to find him and bring him here
 
The guards searched on the hills, in the trees, and even in caves. But luckily, neither one of them even thought about searching the waterfalls near the royal grounds.
 
* * *
 
`With all the soldiers wandering around, I'd better not come out' Thought Nobunaga.
 
Just then, a strange and sickening growl came from his stomach.
 
Nobunaga realized that he hadn't eaten for three days now, aside from being lonely, he was very poor, and had to scrape for his food.
 
He couldn't really feel his stomach aching though. The pain from Princess Tsuyu, and his shattered life was much too strong.
 
“When, when will this madness stop haunting me”? Cried Nobunaga and he drifted off to sleep again, hoping to have one last dream.
 
* * *
 
It was nearly sundown before Princess Tsuyu called all her guards back to the palace for a progress report with hope in her eyes, but the Captain just apologized.
 
“A thousand apologies Princess…” He sighed, “My men searched everywhere, but Omari Nobunaga is nowhere to be found”.
Princess Tsuyu's eyes cast downward.
 
* * *
That night, Princess Tsuyu Snuck out of the palace for a nighttime walk, and came to the waterfalls.
 
The night was beautiful, the stars were shining like diamonds, and the moonlight sparkled as the waterfall reflected its light.
 
Suddenly, the Princess heard some sort of splashing sound coming from the other waterfall.
 
She turned around, and there was strange figure (Nobunaga),
Sliding past the falling water, and he tripped over a rock, and fell to the ground.
 
“Oh' dear, are you alright?” Asked the Princess with concern, as she walked over to help the poor man.
 
Nobunaga's eyes widened. `That voice, it can't be'. He thought to himself.
 
Slowly, he turned around and there was none other than…”P-P-PRINCESS TSUYU”? He squeaked.
 
“N-Nobunaga!” she spoke with concern in her eyes.
 
“Where on Earth have you been? We've been looking everywhere for you”.
 
Nobunaga just got to his feet and said…
“You shouldn't have come Princess”! He mocked.
 
He started to walk away, Princess Tsuyu took only one step in an attempt to follow him, but he quickly turned around with anger blazing through his voice and eyes.
 
“HEAR ME NOW!
I WILL NOT ATTENED TO YOUR SILLY BANKQUTTE, NOW GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME BE”! And with that, he turned on his heel, and stomped off into the night.
 
Princess Tsuyu felt hurt, really hurt. She sadly walked home. Once there, she threw herself on her bed, and softly began to cry.
“Why Nobunaga? Why” she sobbed.
 
* * *
 
Nobunaga didn't know what to think of him after what he just did. Had he really meant to yell at the Princess like that, or did he just lose control? He didn't know.
 
`Now what am I to do'? He thought to himself. `She knows where I've been hiding. Well…at least she doesn't know why.'
 
With a slight sign of relief, Nobunaga continued to walk away into night.
 
* * *
 
Back at the palace, the good lord was terribly worried He had searched the Palace from top to bottom, and the Princess was nowhere to be found.
 
“Where have you gotten to my beloved”. He said to himself. For Princess Tsuyu had never before left without giving a warning.
 
He went back to his master bedchamber that he shared with Tsuyu, slid the door open… “Princess Tsuyu”. Said the lord, he was happy to see that she had returned, but he immediately noticed the tears flowing down her face.
 
“What is wrong dear wife? Why do you cry so bitterly?” He asked, and his only response, was the Princess throwing her arms around him, and cried into his shoulder.
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile in her Guest bedroom, Kagome heard the Princess' sobs, and very quietly she poked her head outside the door to listen in on what was being said.
 
* * *
“I found Nobunaga.” Cried Tsuyu. “You did, darling that's wonderful”. Said the lord, but his smile faded, when the Tsuyu began shaking her head.
 
“He refused to accept our invitation to the banquette, and, and he”. She paused. “He turned me away, by force.”
 
* * *
Kagome's blood turned cold, and inside the bedchamber, the lord's features hardened.
 
* * *
 
“Did he now?” he said coldly. “Well, I'll show him a thing or two”
 
Tsuyu looked up, and saw that he was grabbing his sword, his bow, and some arrows.
 
“What are you intending to do my lord?” She asked. “I'm going to find that samurai, and when I do…”
 
Tsuyu knew what he was planning to do. He was going to find Nobunaga, and kill him.
 
* * *
 
“No my lord”, begged Tsuyu, you can't do this!” The lord just growled, “I can, and I will”!
 
Kagome had to step into this now. “Oh No You won't” she shouted, the Lord turned around, and saw Kagome aiming her own bow, and arrow.
 
“Turn around, Drop your weapons, and put your hands up!” demanded Kagome.
 
The lord hesitated, he was about to call his guards, or attack Kagome, but remembering that she's Kikyo re-incarnation, did as told.
 
“Princess, what did this man offer you when you married him?” asked Kagome. Tsuyu stuttered.
 
“He offered me money, protection, promises…” “Well what about Love and passion?” asked Kagome
 
“What?”
 
“How many times has he shown you that he really loves you?”
 
“I…” she paused, “I do not remember…maybe…2 times before.”
 
“Princess please…” snapped the Lord, “SHUT UP” yelled Kagome. The man got back to his knees.
 
“Now then, what has Nobunaga done for you”?
 
“N-Nobunaga?” Asked the Princess…
She closed her eyes, and remembered when she was little…
 
* * *
 
Five dirty bullies, who demanded her for her money, surrounded her. One was about to punch her face, when Nobunaga leaped in and caught the boy's arm.
 
“If I were as boundless, as all of you, I could learn Some Manners”. He yelled returning the punch.
 
“RUN FOR IT PRINCESS!!!”
 
Princess Tsuyu ran for her life, while Nobunaga dealt with the boys.
 
* * *
 
“…And ever since then, he's done so much for me, he's protected me, but I don't know why. I also don't know why he has pushed me away recently”.
 
“..Because he's in love with you”. Said a familiar voice.
 
Inu Yasha stepped into the room, Kagome was about to tell him to sit, but decided no. It was time to tell her the truth.
 
Princess Tsuyu's eyes widened. “He has had feelings for me?” she asked.
 
“Took you long enough to figure it out.” Mocked Inu Yasha,
“Inu Yasha, just let me tell her!” yelled Kagome. She turned back to the Princess
 
“Princess, have you ever noticed other things when you were near Nobunaga”?
 
“What do you speak of”? Asked Tsuyu,
 
“Well, did his cheeks get all red when you spoke with him?”
“Yes they did”
 
“Did he always twiddle his fingers in a strange way”?
“Yes he did”.
 
“And did he stutter sometimes when you thanked him for his heroic deeds, and he spoke to you?”
 
Princess Tsuyu finally realized what was going on. “Oh my goodness”. She cried, “He was in love with me. Then why did he not tell me?”
 
Kagome lifted the Princesses chin up, “Where I come from, most boys do exactly what Nobunaga did. You see Princess, he may have loved you, but sadly as fate would have it…he is afraid”.
 
“Nobunaga was afraid to tell me, why?”
 
Inu Yasha, for once decided to kindly step in, “Because, he was worried that you might not love him back, or even hate him for telling you, so he kept it a secret”.
 
Princess Tsuyu looked upset with herself, “No wonder he always protected me. He wanted to show me that he cared” she cried “Then what does this have to do with him being mad with me?”
 
Inu Yasha growled, “Can't you get it through that thick skull of yours. You have a husband now, and you seem to give him more rewards than that idiot of a samurai who practically almost killed himself to save you.”
 
Tsuyu stood up in shock, and Inu Yasha let the rest of it come out, “In other words, you ruined his life, his dreams, EVERYTHING!
Tsuyu turned to Kagome, who was sadly nodding her head.
 
“I've got to find him”. She said, “And as for you My Lord ” she mocked, “Tomorrow come daybreak I shall no longer be yours to command.”
 
“What are you saying dear wife?” asked the lord.
 
“Do not call me that ever again!” shouted the Princess, “After seeing your disapproving way to kill a noble man, I feel ashamed to be known as your wife!”
 
“This is insanity!” growled the lord, “You cannot divorce me, because you like someone else!”
 
Tsuyu just slapped him across the face, “I can, and I have!”
 
Just then, one of the guards had returned, “My lord, we've located the Samurai, he's heading south”!
 
“Oh no”, yelled the Princess, and she ran off screaming the name, “NOBUNAGA!!!”
 
She had to find him, before she lost him both ways.