InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Mere Act of Kindess ❯ Chapter three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
---Chapter Three

"Hey, little brother. Did you have fun playing?" Sesshomaru sneered once Inu-Yasha walked into the house and shut the door. "Oh, yes! Alleli played with me again," Inu-Yasha gushed excitedly. Sesshomaru smirked cruelly. "Do you still think there's an 'Alleli,' or whatever? She doesn't exist. She doesn't live in the village, and the next village is miles away. You made her up," he said. Inu-Yasha growled. "I did NOT! She's real! And I can take you to her, too!" He shouted.
"Okay, then," Sesshomaru replied calmly, "take me to her tomorrow." Inu-Yasha nodded defiantly. "I will!" He growled again. Sesshomaru once again smirked. "And her name is pronouced 'Ale-eh-lee!' Not 'All-ee-lee!'" He said. His brother shrugged. "Same thing," he said smoothly and walked off, leaving Inu-Yasha fuming in the living room.
"That Sesshomaru," he thought. "He doesn't beleive a word I say! But I'll show him... Alleli's real!" he clenched his fist and walked into the kitchen, still angry with his brother, to find something to eat.

***

Inu-Yasha went to sleep that night with a frown set firmly in his face (as he was still angry with his brother). But that frown faded eventually, and was replaced with a small smile, as he began to dream of Alleli. And when he woke up in the morning, he dressed quickly and went into his brother's room. "Sesshomaru! Sesshomaru!" he cried. "Wake up!" He shook the lump in the bed. Sesshomaru of course arose and stepped out of bed. He slept fully dressed, so he didn't change. "Come on, Sesshomaru!" the younger brother tugged on Sesshomaru's arm as he dragged him out of the room. "Mother, we're going to go play! We'll be back for dinner!" he called to his mother as they were going out the door.
Inu-Yasha then let go of Sesshomaru and ran ahead of him toward the bridge near the woods. Sesshomaru walked behind him. "Hurry UP!" Inu-Yasha called irritably. "I don't want to waste time!" he said, as Sesshomaru caught up with him. They then walked together to the tree. Once again, Alleli was sitting under the tree. This time she was fully awake. She smiled as Inu-Yasha approched. "Inu-Yasha!" she called out, waving.
"Alleli, Alleli! Hi!" Inu-Yasha ran to her and hugged her again. Alleli laughed and rubbed his ears breifly. Inu-Yasha smiled again. "Alleli, this is my brother, Sesshomaru." Inu-Yasha pointed to Seshomaru, who was about two yards away from them, looking slightly disgusted.
"A cat..." he muttered. "How unpleasant..." he scowled. Alleli held out her hand to him, but Sesshomaru didn't take it. "You're a cat... aren't you?" Sesshomaru looked up at her. "Hu--..." Alleli looked surprised. "Sesshomaru! No! She's a human!" Inu-Yasha cried. Sesshomaru glared at him, "Idiot! This 'girl' is a cat hanyou!" Alleli took a step back. "..." She said nothing. "Alle...Alleli! He's lying, isn't he!? Tell me he's lying!" he tugged on her sleeve. Alleli looked down at him with sad eyes. "No... he isn't, Inu-Yasha..." she knelt down and looked him right in the eye. "I... I disguse myself as a human because I know the people in the village would... well, you know how they act..." she gulped. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier.. I was waiting for the right time to say it," she said.Sesshomaru smirked.
"I'm surprised you didn't catch the stench of a cat..." Sesshomaru frowned at Alleli and walked away. Inu-Yasha looked at Alleli. "That's okay... I don't mind if you're a cat hanyou or not... I undrstand," he said. Alleli sighed in relief. "I was afraid you'd not like me...." she smiled gently and rubbed his ears. Inu-Yasha smiled in content. "I could never not like you! He insisted. Alleli smiled again, took his hand, and off they went to play.