InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Instincts ❯ A Miko's Instincts Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Miko's Instincts Chapter 8
By Majicman
 
 
Disclaimer: No, I certainly do not own any of the characters in InuYasha. I do enjoy playing with `em, though.
 
 
It was just about dawn when InuYasha carried Kagome, bridal style, into Kaede's hut. He tucked the sleeping miko in, arranged a blanket around her, nuzzled her on the cheek and turned to leave the hut.
 
Kaede was standing in the entrance. She motioned to him to follow and led him to a spot where the others wouldn't hear.
 
“I must say, it's about time.”
 
“Feh.” InuYasha looked a little sheepish.
 
“I'm pleased to see that ye have made the right choice.”
 
“How can you say that? You're Kikyo's sister.”
 
“The Kikyo I knew died over fifty years ago.” replied the elder miko. “This one's just a…”
 
“Don't say it, hag.”
 
“…bitch. And not the kind of `bitch' an Inu would want, either.”
 
InuYasha looked away. His shoulders slumped. “I still regret what happened to her.”
 
“But ye have made your choice.”
 
The hanyou looked back with pain-filled eyes. “Are you kidding? All she wanted to do when she was alive was change me. Now she wants to drag me to hell with her.” InuYasha shuddered.
 
“That didn't scare ye before, InuYasha.”
 
“It didn't creep me out before.”
 
“I understand how ye feel.”
 
“Keh! No, you don't. It was bad enough when I could imagine going with her as fulfilling a promise, doing what was right. But lately she's been talking about being eternal lovers in hell.”
 
InuYasha wanted to curl into a ball.
 
“Aye, that is strange of her.”
 
InuYasha mumbled, “Eternity in hell…expected to make love with something that smells of ashes, clay and graveyard soil. Not to mention how creepy it is to think of all those dead girls' souls.”
 
“InuYasha.”
 
“I just couldn't get it up!”
 
The elder miko stared at the half demon. “Too much information!”
 
 
Back at the hut, Kagome was waking up. “What a dream!” she thought. She stretched a bit and a look of concern appeared on her face. “O-kayyyyy, why am I so sore down…”
 
“In…u…ya…sha-a-a!”
 
The whole village probably heard it.
 
 
“I think your young miko has woken up.” Kaede noticed the hanyou was looking around frantically in the old fight or flight posture. “Looks like ye might have some explaining to do.”
 
Kagome stomped up to InuYasha and Kaede…or tried to. Stomping kind of hurt.
 
“Now, Kagome. Uhh, don't be mad at me.”
 
“Sit, boy.”
 
<CRASH>
 
“Aaa-aagh!”
 
“That wasn't a dream I had last night, was it?”
 
“Uhhh. No,” replied InuYasha painfully. A thought struck him. “Anyway, why would you think it was a dream? Have you had dreams like that before, Kagome?”
 
Kagome blushed beet red.
 
“You have, haven't you?”
 
“Sit!”
 
<CRASH>
 
“Aagh!” The hanyou moaned, waiting for the spell to wear off.
 
“Let me see your neck, Kagome,” asked Kaede.
 
“My…my neck?”
 
“Aye. Move your hair.” Kaede looked at the juncture between Kagome's neck and shoulder. “That's a good one, InuYasha.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
“Sit, boy!”
 
<CRASH>
 
“Aa-aargh!”
 
Kaede took the opportunity to walk over to the downed hanyou and examine his neck. “InuYasha has one, too. Hmmmmmm.”
 
Kagome blushed. “I don't know what came over me. InuYasha bit me…I bit him. I remember a coppery taste.” Kagome got a dreamy look in her eyes.
 
“Well, let's me tell ye what your mark from InuYasha says.”
 
“What it says?”
 
“Aye, as they heal they form Kanji signs. Yours says `savior.'”
 
“Oh. That's so sweet.” Kagome noticed InuYasha trying to slink off.
 
“And these smaller symbols say `of my manhood.'”
 
“InuYasha!” Kagome was glaring at him.
 
The hanyou stopped trying to get away, turned and shuffled back to the two mikos. “I'm sorry, Kagome.”
 
“Kaede? When will this fade,” asked Kagome.
 
“Fade? Why…never. It is a mating mark. By youkai tradition, you and InuYasha are married.”
 
“M-m-m-married?”
 
“Yes, unless you didn't consummate the union.”
 
InuYasha piped up cheerfully. “Oh, it's consummated.”
 
“InuYasha!”
 
“It was consummated…”
 
InuYasha started counting on his fingers.
 
“Once…twice…three times…”
 
“InuYasha!” spluttered Kagome.
 
“…four…five…oh yeah, that was a good one…six…”
 
“STOP!”
 
Kaede was actually laughing. “So we don't have to worry about that.”
 
“I…I guess not.” Kagome was looking down, kicking at small stones. Much of what happened had come back to her. Half of her was mad at InuYasha.
 
Half wanted a repeat performance.
 
InuYasha was now sitting down and counting on his toes. It was probably fortunate that Kagome wasn't looking in his direction.
 
“Come on, Kagome. Ye and I have some important matters to discuss out of InuYasha's earshot.” She turned to the hanyou. “Ye shall not follow us nor listen to our conversation…on your honor.”
 
InuYasha looked up. “Feh!”
 
 
The two mikos walked together till they found a secluded spot out of InuYasha's hearing.
 
“That was an unusual Kanji you put on InuYasha, Kagome.”
 
Kagome looked at Kaede expectantly.
 
“It's okay, child. The mark is chosen instinctually. You don't know what it is till you can read it,” Kaede continued. “I must say, though, yours was very…possessive.”
 
Kagome lowered her eyes. “Wh-What does it say?”
 
“It says `MY Stud,'” said Kaede with a grin.
 
Kagome looked up again, blushing.
 
“Ye weren't disappointed, were ye?”
 
“Kaede!” After a moment Kagome blushed and said, “No.”
 
“Told you. Now, tell me all the juicy details.”
 
“KAEDE!”
 
 
“Good morning, InuYasha,” said Miroku as he approached the hanyou who was, for some reason, occupied with his feet. His toes, actually. What was that about?
 
“Seventeen,” said InuYasha.
 
Miroku's left eyebrow raised up. “Seventeen what, InuYasha.”
 
InuYasha just sat there with a goofy-looking grin on his face, then finally came to himself. “None of your business, bouzu!”
 
A look of understanding came over Miroku's face, then surprise, then amazement…followed by anger, envy…and, finally, acceptance. The whole process reminded InuYasha of all the expressions that passed over Kikyo's face while she was absorbing souls. He didn't need that image right now.
 
“We watched, you know,” Miroku murmured.
 
“You WHAT?” shouted InuYasha as he sprung forward and grabbed Miroku by his throat.
 
“E-Easy, InuYasha!” pleaded Miroku. “We didn't really watch!”
 
“What do you mean?” hissed InuYasha.
 
“D-Do you remember pink flashes?”
 
InuYasha eased his grip on Miroku. “Yeah…”
“And blue flashes?”
 
InuYasha released the monk. “Yeah. The pink flashes were coming from Kagome…and I think the blue flashes were coming from me.”
 
“It must have been visible for miles, Inuyasha. But it was a good show,” continued the monk. Miroku couldn't quite believe what he was seeing. If he wasn't mistaken, InuYasha was blushing.
 
“Keh.”
 
This was good. Oh, this was very good. “You two put on quite a show. All these flashes building up to a crescendo. Then, a few minutes later, it would start all over again. Most impressive.”
 
InuYasha growled. “I…told you. It's…none…of your…”
 
A goofy-looking grin appeared on InuYasha's face. To Miroku's amazement, InuYasha grinned, then laughed. “We did put on quite a show, didn't we?”
 
Miroku smiled. “That you did. In fact, if you plan on repeating that, we'd better find a way to cut down those lights.”
 
“Yeah. I guess so.”
 
“Wait a second, InuYasha,” continued the monk. “You didn't dishonor our Kagome, did you? You did mark her, didn't you?”
 
“Keh! Of course.”
 
“And she marked you?”
 
“Yeah. I didn't even to tell her how. She just did it.”
 
“Hmmm. May I see the mark?”
 
“I guess so. Come to think of it, I don't even know what it says.” InuYasha pulled his hair back so Miroku could see the mark.
 
Miroku started laughing. “Kagome is really possessive, isn't she?”
 
“Cut the crap, bouzu. What does it say? `My Dearest?' `My Love?'”
 
“It says `MY Stud.'”
 
InuYasha stared at Miroku. It…does…not!”
 
Miroku was nodding at InuYasha.
 
“It does not. It does not! It…it does, doesn't it?”
 
Miroku nodded at InuYasha really fast.
 
InuYasha looked upset for a minute, but then a smile spread ear to ear…which, for InuYasha, was an accomplishment. “I guess there are worse things…”
 
Miroku laughed. “Of course there are, my friend, which reminds me.”
The monk then struck InuYasha over the head with his staff.
 
“Owww. What was that for?”
 
“That was for how what you two did last night affected Sango.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“All night long I would wake up to find Sango wrapped around me.”
 
“Feh! I thought you wanted that, bouzu.”
 
“Of course I want that. But every time she woke up, she thought I had come on to her.”
 
“Ha!”
 
“I have bruises on my bruises. The last time I woke up with her leg thrown over mine and one hand in my robe.”
 
“What did you do?”
 
“Enjoyed it.” Miroku grinned. “At least when she woke up from that, she couldn't say I did it.”
 
 
“And you say you lost track at a dozen? No wonder you're sore.”
 
“Kaede!”
 
“Easy, child. There are a few things we must discuss.”
 
“Like?”
 
“Like whether or not you want a ningen wedding, too.”
 
“Yes.”
 
“About your mark, what it means and how it works. You do know you'll live as long as InuYasha now, don't you?”
 
“I will?” Kagome smiled.
 
“And about children.”
 
“Oh, I'd love to have children with InuYasha…someday.”
 
“'Someday' may be sooner than ye think,” said Kaede.
 
“Wh-What?”
 
“Last night?”
 
“Oh,” said Kagome. “I don't think so, Kaede. My sex education teacher said there are only a few days in her cycle a girl can get pregnant. I'm four or five days away…and, anyway (Kagome blushed), sperm only live a couple of days. Of course, you wouldn't know all this in your time.”
 
Kaede chuckled. “You forget, child, that I am a miko too. One with many years of experience. I know what you are talking about and you are wrong because you forget that InuYasha is a hanyou.”
 
Kagome was getting worried.
 
“First, a demon, or a hanyou, can control when he's fertile…except, perhaps, when he is so excited that he can't think.”
 
Kagome looked really worried now.
 
“And, second, InuYasha's semen is hanyou. It will live inside you until the hanyou's next human night.”
 
“And that is…over two weeks away. Oh, kami!”
 
“That's right, Kagome. It's probably just a matter of time.”
 
“A matter of time? Probably? But it might not happen, right?”
 
“It might not,” said Kaede, “but you'll know if it does.”
 
“H-How?”
 
“First, you'll feel excited. You'll want InuYasha. You'll start to glow. I'd guess purple because your aura is pink and InuYasha's is blue. Your breasts will swell. You'll almost feel your heart beating. You'll feel more tension around your…well, you know about that. Your skin might even turn pink…if you can see that through your blushes,” Kaede laughed a little. “Finally, your glow will get brighter and brighter and you'll feel more and more excited until…”
 
Kagome was breathing hard. “Until?”
 
Kaede laughed openly. “You'll know.”
 
 
 
A/N: First, thanks for all the reviews. I'm not sure how much longer I'll go on with this story as I have another in mind, but if I keep getting reviews showing you're enjoying it, I'll keep adding chapters.
 
Now I'm going to leave something to you.
 
Will Kagome become pregnant? Cast your vote in your review. Yes or no. Voting is open till Friday and I will post the resulting chapter Friday night or during the day Saturday.
 
So vote today! Kagome and InuYasha's fate is in your hands. <g>