InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Instincts ❯ A Miko's Instincts Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Miko's Instincts Chapter 12
By Majicman
 
 
Disclaimer: No, I certainly do not own any of the characters in InuYasha. I do enjoy playing with `em, though.
 
 
“It's that wolf, isn't it?” asked InuYasha as his eyes narrowed.
 
Kagome heard a low growl. “Hey! I thought you said you were going to be calmer now.”
 
“I am,” replied the rapidly angering InuYasha. “I'm gonna calmly rip his tail off and shove it up his…”
 
“InuYasha!”
 
“Okay, okay.”
 
A small tornado raced up to the couple and dissolved away leaving Kagome's erstwhile suitor. The wolf demon took one look at the couple, snarled and strode up to Kagome…purposefully shouldering InuYasha aside.
 
“Hello, Kagome,” said Koga as he took her hands in his.
 
“Oh…hi, Koga,” replied Kagome. Behind Koga, InuYasha seethed. Kagome laughed nervously. At least he hadn't drawn Tetsusaiga yet.
 
Koga was stroking Kagome's hand. “Long time no see, Kagome. Still traveling with mutt-face, I see.”
 
“Grrrr-rrr-rrrrrrrr.” That was InuYasha.
 
Kagome looked down. “Grrrr-rrr-rrrrrrrr.” That was…her? Kagome looked up again.
 
Koga was staring at her.
 
InuYasha, still behind Koga, was staring at her too…but with a smile creeping onto his lips.
 
Koga finally spoke. “Y-You're growling at me, Kagome?”
 
Little red flecks appeared in Kagome's eyes. The small fangs she had picked up from her mate extended. Her nails lengthened into claws. She felt…angry.
 
“Grrr-rrRRR, KOGA!” she shouted. “You are not my mate!” Kagome snatched her hands out of his. “InuYasha, my mate!”
 
Koga stepped back, shocked.
 
Kagome looked Koga deep in his eyes. “Koga! Look!” She pulled her hair back, revealing InuYasha's mark.
 
Koga recoiled. “Ka-Kagome?” Koga had never seen Kagome this way. He turned to InuYasha. “You! You did this to her! If you forced yourself on my Kagome…”
 
“Not yours!” screamed Kagome. “Never yours! InuYasha carries my mark! You…look!”
 
InuYasha pulled his hair off his neck so Koga could see the mark.
 
Koga read the Kanji. “M-MY stud? Kagome!”
 
“InuYasha…MY STUD!” Kagome glared at the wolf demon who had started to whine and back away.
 
“Stop, Koga,” yelled Kagome. “Now…sniff me!”
 
Koga wanted nothing more than to get out of there. “B-But, Kagome. I already know you smell like mutt-face over…”
 
Kagome growled lower and with more menace.
 
“…like InuYasha.”
 
“You sniff…now.”
 
Koga finally took a deep whiff of Kagome's scent. She smelled like the mutt, alright, but there was something else. Realization hit Koga. “Y-You're pregnant?”
 
Kagome walked up to Koga and took his hand in hers. She looked him straight in the eye and growled, “But we can still be friends.”
 
Koga was shaking, frozen to the spot.
 
Kagome dropped his hand and snapped, “Now…yougo!”
 
InuYasha wasn't sure, but he thought Koga was actually yelping as he ran away. He looked to his mate and grinned ear to ear.
 
Now that Koga was leaving, Kagome was rapidly returning to normal. She smiled back at her mate. “Well…that was liberating.”
 
 
Back at the village Shippo, Miroku and Sango were having some of Kaede's stew for lunch. Suddenly Shippo perked up and shouted, “Kagome's coming!” He dashed up the path towards the well, meeting his adoptive mother and InuYasha as they came into view.
“Kagome!” he yelled as he jumped towards her.
 
InuYasha snatched the kitsune out of mid-air. “Oi! She's pregnant now. None of that.” He set Shippo down.
 
“Oh, InuYasha,” sighed Kagome. “I won't break.”
 
“But…”
 
Kagome bent down to Shippo. “Okay, Shippo. To keep InuYasha happy, you can run up to me, but let me pick you up.”
 
“Okay, Kagome.”
 
“Now, I think I have those things you asked for.”
 
“Pocky and drawing stuff? Yay!”
 
Kagome gave Shippo a little of the pocky and his crayons and paper and the kitsune dashed off to find something new to draw.
 
“Welcome back, InuYasha, Kagome,” said the monk.
 
“Welcome back,” said Sango.
 
“Oi.”
 
Kaede heard all the greetings and came out of her hut to join the group. “Kagome. InuYasha. We have something of some delicacy to discuss.”
 
Both Kagome and InuYasha looked a little nervous.
 
The old miko found a comfortable seat and settled her bones. “The villagers have started to complain.
 
InuYasha looked down, muttering. “It's the fact I'm hanyou, isn't it?”
With tears coming into his eyes, he looked at Kagome. “I'm sorry. I knew this would happen.”
 
“Ye misunderstand, InuYasha.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“It's the lights, InuYasha,” said Kaede.
 
Both Kagome and InuYasha reddened.
 
“The villagers have been complaining that not only can they not sleep, but, I believe, we are due for a population explosion.”
 
Kagome was blushing fire rat haori red.
 
“Fortunately, Miroku and I have been working on a special charm that should help.”
 
“H-How?” asked Kagome.
 
Kaede handed Kagome and InuYasha each a small charm. “All ye must do is braid this into your hair and only you and those very close to you will be able to see the lights.”
 
“Close to us?” asked InuYasha.
 
“Aye. Within about a hundred feet.”
 
InuYasha looked at the old miko quizzically.
 
“Miroku said it was the best we could do,” Kaede declared.
 
InuYasha looked over at Miroku who was displaying a nervous grin. Sango glared at Miroku.
 
“Figures,” thought InuYasha. He would have to tell Kagome about Miroku's little perversion later, but not now. She looked embarrassed enough already.
 
“Kaede?” said Kagome. “I…we…need to ask you about a couple of things.”
 
“Aye, child?”
 
Kagome and InuYasha proceeded to tell Kaede about the trip through the well and how Kagome was pregnant here, but not in her time, and about the three lights in the time slip that were their children.
 
“I do not understand the workings of the well, Kagome,” declared Kaede. “All I can say is that apparently only you and InuYasha can use it…and your children's spirits must wait for your return.”
 
“I guess so,” said Kagome.
 
Kaede chortled. “I imagine that a lot of expectant mothers would be jealous of you. After all, what mother hasn't wished she could walk away from her pregnancy from time to time?”
 
Kagome smiled. “I guess that also means I can finish my schooling without having to look like a beached whale.”
 
“Whatever that is, child,” said Kaede.
 
“Oh, Kagome,” piped in Sango. “That must be difficult. Everytime you go back to your family and life on the other side of the well, you have to consciously decide to return and become pregnant again.”
 
Kagome grinned. “That won't be a problem, Sango.” She looked at InuYasha. “Believe me.” Kagome turned back to Kaede. “There was something else. Something that happened when we were returning from the well and ran into Koga.
 
Miroku frowned. “I thought I saw Koga running past the village, but he looked more like he was trying to get away than he was looking for Kagome.”
 
“He was running away,” said InuYasha with a smirk.
 
“So you chased him away, InuYasha?”
 
“No,” said InuYasha, grinning. “Kagome did.”
 
“Kagome?”
 
Kagome glanced at InuYasha, then looked back to Kaede. “And that's what else I wanted to talk about.”
 
 
“Ye must tell me everything that happened, child. Everything you can remember.”
 
“Alright, Kaede,” agreed Kagome. “We had just come out of the well when I sensed two jewel shards. It was Koga and, as usual, he pushed InuYasha aside and held my hands. I was surprised when InuYasha didn't attack him right away, but he has been calmer and more reasonable since we ma…got together.”
 
Kaede chuckled. “Aye, that he has. Go on.”
 
“I felt something coming over me. Although InuYasha didn't attack Koga right away, I could see he was hurt…and I couldn't stand that.”
 
“I see.”
 
“I started to change. Not as much as InuYasha does, but I still changed. My nails got longer and sharper, my fangs…”
 
“Fangs?”
 
“Yeah. I've had small fangs since we ma…got together.”
 
“Since you mated. I'm a lot older than you are, you know.”
 
Kagome blushed. “Since we mated.” She continued, InuYasha tells me I got flecks of red in my eyes. Oh, Kaede. I've never felt like that before! I wanted to kick Koga's a…butt…ass.”
 
“So InuYasha has become calmer - and you've become aggressive.”
 
“According to InuYasha, Myoga said that this would happen.”
 
“Aye, I think he's right. And there may be more.”
 
Kagome stared at Kaede.
 
 
Naraku's eyes narrowed. “Are you sure this will work, Kikyo? That wench of his is more formidable than you seem to think.”
 
“It will work, Naraku,” replied Kikyo. “That fool of a hanyou still feels responsible for me. If you send a threat my way, he'll protect me.”
 
“And that will leave InuYasha's wench vulnerable.”
 
Kagura watched from her position, chained against the wall behind Kikyo. “Damn it, Sesshomaru,” she thought. “I should have known telling Kikyo you were my lover wouldn't work.”
 
Kikyo walked up to Kagura. “So you thought you could get me to back down by showing me another woman.” Kikyo laughed. “Now you will serve me by attacking me in InuYasha's presence.”
 
Kagura looked up. “Gladly.”
 
“A false attack, to be sure, but if you do well…” Kikyo leaned close to Kagura, kissing her breast. “…there's more where that came from.”
 
“Oh joy,” muttered Kagura.
 
Kikyo frowned. “I think you should remember what Naraku has given me.” Kikyo held out Kagura's heart.
 
“Yes, my mistress,” groaned Kagura.
 
 
Kagome and InuYasha were getting ready for bed. Kaede had gone to friend's and Sango and Miroku had retired to the nearby hut.
 
“What are you doing, InuYasha?”
 
“Hanging my haori outside. It'll drive Miroku crazy.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“You really wanna know?”
 
“I think so…this time.”
 
“Miroku suggested I hang my haori outside as a signal that you and I were going to make love.”
 
“I'm starting to be unsure about wanting to know this.”
 
“It seems when Sango hears us, she gets hot and attacks Miroku.”
 
“I…I sort of knew that.”
 
“You did?”
 
“Yeah. Sango told me. I've been worried she'd get pregnant.”
 
“Oh…yeah. Doesn't seem to bother Miroku, though.” InuYasha looked hard at Kagome. “Do you regret our…”
 
“NO! Of course not. Don't even think that!” Kagome snuggled up to InuYasha. “You smell strong.”
 
“You think I need a bath?”
 
“No, you smell good. I can smell better. And I can hear better, too.”
 
“Ah,” said InuYasha.
 
“I think I can hear Miroku. He seems upset.”
 
“Probably is,” said InuYasha. “The haori, remember?”
 
“Oh…yeah.” Kagome giggled.
 
“You know,” InuYasha said, “if Sango did get pregnant now, you two would be raising pups at the same time.”
 
“Go to sleep, InuYasha.”
 
 
Kagome had told InuYasha to sleep…and now she couldn't. She kept thinking about what InuYasha had said. She turned in his arms. “Oh, InuYasha,” she cooed, and started gently rubbing his ears. Soon there were pink and blue lights coming from the hut.
 
“Alright,” thought Miroku as the lights were joined by moans and the utterance of various endearments. “Oh, Sango…”
 
 
 
A/N: Now, that was a little bit evil of Kagome. Naraku and Kikyo's plot is developing. And it's getting time for Sesshomaru to reappear.