InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Instincts ❯ A Miko's Instincts Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Miko's Instincts Chapter 13
By Majicman
 
 
Disclaimer: No, I certainly do not own any of the characters in InuYasha. I do enjoy playing with `em, though.
 
 
A rumor of a shard a couple days walk to the west had the group on the trail early. InuYasha took point, as usual. What was unusual was that Kagome walked with him instead of staying back with Sango.
 
Sango and Miroku, looking exhausted, were riding Kirara. Shippo was riding behind the monk.
 
“Why are you guys so tired?” asked Shippo. “It's like you two stayed up half the night!”
 
“I stayed up half the night,” declared Miroku. “Isn't that right Sango, dear?”
 
Sango growled a bit, but couldn't get up the energy to slap the monk.
 
Kagome giggled. “Anything yet, InuYasha?” she whispered.
 
“Feh! Not yet,” said InuYasha. “You're a sneaky, evil wench…you know that, Kagome?”
 
“I know…but you didn't exactly refuse to be part of it, did you?”
 
“You know what your ear-rubbing does to me.”
 
Kagome reached up and gave InuYasha's ear a gentle tweak. “Yeah, I know.”
 
InuYasha grinned and said, “here's something you didn't know.” He started stroking the mark on his neck.
 
The mark on Kagome's neck started to tingle, causing her eyes to widen. A delightful sensation began to overwhelm her senses.
 
InuYasha stopped stroking his mark. “Like that, do you?”
 
“Does it work both ways?”
 
“Of course.”
 
Kagome started gently stroking her mark. She noticed it also sent shivers up and down her spine. Wonderful shivers.
 
“Uhh, Kagome?” said InuYasha. “That's enough.”
 
Kagome looked over at InuYasha.
 
“If you keep that up, I won't be able to walk standing up straight.”
 
Kagome looked closely at InuYasha who was, indeed, now walking slightly bent over. She smiled. “I can help with that.”
 
“Later,” hissed InuYasha.
 
“Just think about Kikyo.”
 
InuYasha stared at Kagome for a moment. “Hey! That worked.”
 
“Thought it would.”
 
“Can I join you guys?” asked Shippo.
 
“Sure, runt.”
 
“Giving Sango and Miroku a little privacy, Shippo?” asked Kagome. “That's awfully mature of you.”
 
“Nahhh, it ain't that,” answered the kitsune. “They're both half asleep. I mean, Miroku's got this stupid grin on his face and he keeps groping Sango in his sleep. And it's no fun to watch `cause Sango just waves at him without even hitting the idiot.”
 
“Maybe we ought to let them have a rest at lunch,” said Kagome.
 
“And the weirdest thing is that Sango smells different,” continued Shippo.
 
“Different?” asked Kagome. “InuYasha?”
 
InuYasha took a big sniff and grinned. “It worked…and I still say you're evil.”
 
“Shippo looked at both of them. “You guys knew about this?”
 
“Well...ahem…you see,” spluttered Kagome.
 
Shippo's eyes narrowed and he grinned. “This is gonna cost you extra pocky, you know.”
 
“Don't think so, runt,” said InuYasha.
 
Shippo stared at InuYasha angrily.
 
“Hey, Miroku!” yelled InuYasha.
 
The monk stirred to life. “Yes, Inuyasha?”
 
“Ya better hold onto Sango more carefully!” InuYasha continued. “You wouldn't want her to take a fall in her condition!”
 
Sango opened her eyes a little more. “Miroku? What did InuYasha just say?”
 
“He said I shouldn't let you take a fall in your condition,” he yawned.
 
Condition??? they both yelled, both fully awake.
 
Both looked at the hanyou who was smiling and tapping his nose.
 
“Mi-ro-kuuu!”
 
“Take it easy, S-Sango!” stammered the monk as he flopped off Kirara and backed away slowly.
 
Sango got off Kirara and started unlimbering her Hiraikotsu.
 
“Now, Sango…dear…you didn't object last night…”
 
InuYasha, Kagome and Shippo weren't sure, but there seemed to be flames coming off Sango.
 
“Scary,” said Shippo.
 
Miroku started running, trying to put distance between himself and the angry taijiya.
 
“Mi-ro-KU!” shouted Sango as she threw Hiraikotsu.
 
Kagome turned to InuYasha. “I feel responsible for this. Could you stop Miroku from getting hit?”
 
“Nahhhhh.”
 
<WHAP>
 
Kagome stared at InuYasha who walked up to the swirly-eyed monk.
 
“That was for using us to get your way with Sango,” said InuYasha, who then turned to the rapidly-approaching taijiya and grabbed her before she could strike the monk again. “Is that any way to treat the father of your child?”
 
“Let me go, InuYasha! I wanna kill him!”
 
“I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but maybe you and Kagome should make a trip to a hot spring.” InuYasha looked at his mate. “Isn't that right, my evil one.”
 
Sango looked at Kagome questioningly.
 
“Oh. Eh-heh. Right, InuYasha.”
 
 
Fortunately, there was a nearby hot spring and, while InuYasha nursed Miroku back to consciousness, Kagome and Sango were having a “talk.”
 
“What did InuYasha mean by calling you his evil one?” asked Sango.
 
“Oh, nothing. Ummm.”
 
“Spill it, Kagome. You're not telling me something.”
 
“Well-l-l.”
 
“Kagome?”
 
Kagome sighed. “InuYasha remarked that if you got pregnant now, we would be raising `pups' together. I know how you get when you see and overhear…us…”
 
Sango blushed.
 
“…so I told InuYasha to go to sleep. Well, then I started thinking about it, and I thought about how you and Miroku really belong together…”
 
Sango blushed more deeply.
 
“…and I couldn't sleep…and then the more I thought about it, the more I started to giggle…and I turned over and started to stroke his ears.”
 
“Stroke his ears?”
“Yeah, that's his weakness.”
 
Sango blushed even more. “Miroku seems to like being dominated.”
 
“I think he likes being dominated by you.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“We knew that if we started, then you two would start too.”
 
“Well, it worked.”
 
“And now Miroku's a father. Isn't that what he always wanted?”
Kagome looked at Sango and started to grin.
 
Sango looked over at Kagome and looked away again. Despite herself, she was starting to grin, too.
 
“Can you imagine Miroku changing diapers?”
 
That did it. Sango broke into a big grin and started laughing. Then both the girls were laughing together.
 
“I've been trying to imagine InuYasha changing diapers,” said Sango.
 
 
Miroku was waking up.
 
“Have a nice nap, bouzu?” said InuYasha.
 
“Where are the girls? I had this really strange dream, InuYasha,” said Miroku. “I dreamt that Sango was pregnant, too. Isn't that a laugh, InuYasha? InuYasha?”
 
“Weren't no dream, bouzu.”
 
Miroku fainted.
 
“Oh no, you don't. You're not getting away with that, monk.” The hanyou slapped Miroku lightly till the monk woke up.
 
“I was having this funny dream, InuYasha. Sango was pregnant and I was the father. Isn't that a laugh?”
 
“She is and you are. Now, get up!”
 
“How did this happen?”
 
“I know you're not that stupid. Now, you'd better think of what you're gonna say to Sango, `cause there are the girls now.
 
 
Kagome walked up to InuYasha and stopped, slipping her arm around the hanyou. Sango walked up to Miroku and glared at him.
 
“N-Now, Sango…”
 
Fire came into Sango's eyes.
 
Miroku was shaking so badly he collapsed onto one knee before the taijiya. He reached out and grasped her hand. “S-Sango?” he started. “Would you do me the honor of…”
 
“Miroku! If you're going to ask me to bear…”
 
“No, no,” Miroku interrupted. “Would you do me the honor of being my wife? And I mean now, not later?”
 
The flames retreated from Sango's eyes, to be replaced by tears of joy. She looked deep into Miroku's eyes and answered, “Of course I will! Of course!”
 
“Nice save,” whispered Kagome to InuYasha.
 
“Feh!”
 
Sango smiled. “Of course, if you ever look at another woman…”
 
<WHAP>
 
“Better,” said Shippo, laughing merrily.
 
 
Kagome was attending to Miroku's injuries when InuYasha sniffed and looked around. “Sesshomaru's coming.”
 
“What could he want?” asked Kagome. Sango took over treating Miroku's injuries so Kagome could stand beside her mate.
 
“We have been heading west, you know,” answered InuYasha. “We are close to his lands. He probably wants to know what we're doing here…the bastard.”
 
There was a rustling across the clearing from them and Sesshomaru emerged, followed by Jaken and Rin, who was riding on Ah-Un.
 
“Stay with Jaken and Ah-Un, Rin. I have private business with InuYasha and his miko.
 
“Yes, Sesshomaru-sama,” replied the young girl.
 
Sesshomaru walked right up to InuYasha and Kagome. “Do you know why I am here, InuYasha?”
 
“I suppose because we're about to enter your lands.”
 
Sesshomaru paused. He was a little surprised that InuYasha hadn't attacked him right away as he usually did. Not only that, but he had given a reasonable answer.
 
“No, InuYasha. I have heard that your miko is pregnant with your child…”
 
“Children,” said Kagome. “Three.”
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow. “According to youkai law, the father or, in the absence of the father, the brother, must confirm that you have been honorable. I must see your marks.”
 
“Then look,” said Kagome and bared her neck.
 
Sesshomaru wondered when the miko had developed this spunk. “Savior…of my manhood?” he read.
 
“I can explain,” said InuYasha, blushing.
 
“No need, InuYasha,” said Sesshomaru, who looked almost like he was suppressing a smile. “I have met the walking claypot and she gives me the willies, too.”
 
Kagome was having difficulty maintaining her composure.
 
“Now I must see your mark, InuYasha.”
 
“Do I have to?” asked InuYasha.
 
“It is youkai law,” Sesshomaru said imperiously.
 
Kagome was giggling now.
 
InuYasha moved his hair aside so his brother could read the Kanji.
 
“MY Stud?”
 
Kagome, Sango and Miroku guffawed.
 
Sesshomaru was fighting it the best he could, but he couldn't stop the grin that was overwhelming his stoic expression. “Come, Rin. This S-Sesshomaru has b-business elsewhere. Pbpbpbpbpbpb…”
 
“Why does everyone think it's so funny?” shouted InuYasha.
 
“Don't worry about it, InuYasha,” whispered Kagome. “It's true.”
 
Sesshomaru was finally composing himself and took a deep breath to help do so. A flicker of amusement crossed his face. “Oh, and by the way, the taijiya is pregnant, too.
 
“We know!”
 
 
A short distance away, her presence masked by the shield stone given her by Naraku, Kikyo watched and listened to the proceedings as witnessed by one of Naraku's Saimyoushou. Kagura stood off to one side nervously awaiting her orders.
 
“What is going on here?” exclaimed Kikyo. Am I the only one in Japan not getting laid? No matter. I shall have my revenge on that poor copy of myself, InuYasha will die for betraying me…and then it's party time!”
 
Kagura shuddered.
 
 
 
A/N: Thanks to everyone for their reviews/comments. I really appreciate them…and I think I actually write chapters more often if I get more reviews.
 
On the lighter side, I think I've injected enough romance back into this…so don't be surprised if there's more humor in subsequent chapters. (The ending to this chapter should be a “dead” giveaway.)
 
So, again, thanks…and, as always, please read and review. Thanks!