InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Instincts ❯ A Miko's Instincts Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Miko's Instincts Chapter 15
By Majicman
 
 
Disclaimer: No, I certainly do not own any of the characters in InuYasha. I do enjoy playing with `em, though.
 
 
As usual, InuYasha was the first to wake up. “Time to do a quick patrol,” he thought, and started to get up.
 
It was then he noticed that Kagome was not just sleeping snuggled into his shoulder, but also had one of her hands wrapped around his…hmmm…this wasn't going to be easy. He tried the direct approach, just slipping out, but Kagome gripped harder. He tried sliding her hand off him. No, that didn't work. Now Kagome was moving her hand up and down…
 
No, that definitely hadn't worked. And as much as he was enjoying what Kagome was doing, InuYasha needed to go on that patrol.
 
It took all his willpower, but the hanyou managed to wiggle his way halfway out of the sleeping bag. He had distracted his mate with a few carefully placed caresses and was about to extract himself the rest of the way when…
 
No, this would never do.
 
“I've been trying not to wake you,” he whispered hoarsely.
 
Kagome looked up and smiled. “What's the matter? Can't a girl help her mate get `up' in the morning?”
 
InuYasha growled. “There could be anything out there. You have to let me check things out.”
 
“But, InuYasha,” implored Kagome.
 
“I'm thinking,” said InuYasha, “about Kikyo.” Immediately, what was hard grew soft again.
 
“Hey! No fair!”
 
InuYasha extricated himself from the sleeping bag, stood up and looked down at his pouting mate. “Never thought knowing that clay pot would come in handy.”
 
Kagome stuck her tongue out at him. “It's later for you, mister.”
 
 
 
It had taken InuYasha a few minutes to find the spot for two reasons: 1) by chance he had started on the opposite side of their camp, and 2) he smelled so much like sex himself that he hadn't immediately discriminated his and Kagome's (as well as Sango and Miroku's) scents from these new ones.
 
What bothered him was that the spot was barely a stone's throw from their camp site. He should have been able to detect anyone at that distance. Yet here was the scent of…his brother? How could he miss that? And this other scent. Kagura? How could those two be in the same place for any amount of time? And here, in this one spot, the scents were mixed.
 
Mixed? InuYasha shuddered, then smiled. Maybe it would loosen up the bastard. But Sesshomaru and Kagura? What could it mean?
 
 
When InuYasha returned to the camp he found Kagome up and dressed and making breakfast for the group. Sango was helping. Miroku was apparently still asleep. At least he was lying on his back where he and Sango had been sleeping.
 
“Gonna get up anytime soon, bouzu?”
 
“I would, InuYasha, except I have a bit of a problem which I believe my dear Sango can relieve.”
 
“Pervert,” said InuYasha, who was thinking about waking up with Kagome earlier that morning. It was then he noticed the taijiya blushing furiously.
 
“Oh…sorry, Miroku,” she mumbled as she moved the cover part way down the monk's body and started untying his hands from a couple of carefully-placed stakes.
 
“I so do not want to know about this,” said InuYasha as he looked away to his mate. Kagome was concentrating unusually hard on making breakfast. What was that…a spike in her scent? InuYasha filed away a mental note about stakes and ropes for future use.
 
 
“Kagura?”
 
“Yes, my mistress, What is your wish?” asked the wind sorceress.
 
“Where is my shield stone?”
 
“Right here, my mistress. I have kept it safe for you.”
 
“Good, good, my pretty,” said Kikyo. “Soon…very soon…I will rid this world and myself of that copy of me…and InuYasha will follow his mate soon after.”
 
“My mistress is wise.”
 
“It's a simple plan, really,” cackled Kikyo.
 
“My mistress is clever.”
 
“Draw InuYasha away from Kagome, get her alone, then…wham!” Kikyo started laughing maniacally.
 
Kagura mumbled, “My mistress is a total nut case.”
 
 
Sesshomaru, Lord of the Western Lands, impassively looked up at the object in the sky that was rapidly drawing closer. It was Kagura.
 
“Last night was an aberration,” he thought. It was those pink and blue lights coming from his brother and his mate that had affected him. “I am the Lord of the Western Lands and I am in perfect control of myself.”
 
“Look, Sesshomaru-sama,” Rin exclaimed. “It's that pretty lady who likes you!”
 
“Quiet, Rin,” admonished Sesshomaru.
 
Kagura alit before him. “Yo.”
 
She did look pretty, though. Sesshomaru shook his head and returned to his stoic manner.
 
“Nice to see you, too,” said Kagura, turning a shoulder to him coquettishly. The wind sorceress frowned slightly. “Surely you haven't forgotten last night, Great Lord?”
 
“This Sesshomaru does not care to remember.”
 
“Oh?” said Kagura. “Hmmm. Perhaps I can refresh your memory.” Kagura began giving her fan the tiniest of flicks.
 
Jaken jumped forward to stand just behind his master. “If the Lord of the Western Lands doesn't wish to remember last night for…uhh…whatever reason…then you should respect his wishes!”
 
Sesshomaru gasped, almost imperceptibly.
 
“M'lord?” said Jaken, then turned back to the wind sorceress. “Besides, he did…”
 
“…save my life,” yawned Kagura. “I know. I know.” She kept flicking her fan while smiling at Sesshomaru…who was starting to make some interesting faces.
 
Underneath the kimono of the Lord of the Western Lands, a miniature tornado had formed. And it had settled in a very delicate spot.
 
“I'm…uhh…sure…umm…she is grateful, Jaken” said Sesshomaru.
 
“M'lord?”
 
Kagura looked into Sesshomaru's eyes and kept flicking her fan.
 
“Jaken…Kagura and I have private business. Take Rin…away…and I'll…uhh…get you when we're done.”
 
“Right away, m'lord!”
 
 
Finally alone with Sesshomaru, Kagura got right to the point. “I need your help, Great Lord Sesshomaru.”
 
“What is it…that you wish…this Sesshomaru to do?” Sesshomaru was still being distracted by the miniature tornado under his clothes.
 
Kagura smiled. “Naraku has given my heart to that walking clay pot as a reward for helping him kill Kagome…which would also kill her mate, your brother.”
 
“Go on.”
 
Kagura stopped flicking her fan and the miniature tornado under Sesshomaru's clothes disappeared. It was replaced by Kagura's hands…which were busy clearing away the obstacles to her intentions. “If we could get my heart from Kikyo, I could be free and we could be together.”
 
“You forget that this Sesshomaru protects no one. This Sesshomaru is not interested.”
 
“But, Fluffy…”
 
“You will not call me Fluffy.”
 
Kagura giggled. “It sure looks like you are interested.”
 
The Lord of the Western Lands was repeating under is breath, “This Sesshomaru is not interested. This Sesshomaru is not interested. This Sesshomaru is…”
 
“Relax, Sesshy. It's time you learned the wind doesn't just blow.”
 
“This Sesshomaru is not interested. This Sesshomaru is…”
 
The Great Lord of the Western Lands' eyes crossed.
 
 
Three hours into their four hour trip to the village Kikyo had spoken of, the Inu gang ran into the undead miko.
 
“The shard I spoke up is just ahead, InuYasha,”
 
“She's right,” said Kagome. “I sense a shard, very close.”
 
Miroku, Sango and Kirara caught up with the others.
 
“I sense a demonic presence, InuYasha,” said Miroku. “It is coming this way.”
 
“Can you sense where it is, Kagome?” asked InuYasha.
 
“I think so. It's…It's over there.” Kagome pointed to a nearby pond.
 
“Some kind of water demon?” said Miroku.
 
The weeds beside the pond parted and the demon emerged.
 
“It's a duck.”
 
“Not a very big duck.”
 
“Are you're sure that's it?”
 
Kikyo rolled her eyes and thought, “That damned Naraku.”
 
Suddenly a pulse came from the duck and it started growing.
 
“That's better,” thought Kikyo.
 
The demon duck stopped growing.
 
“It's a 3-foot duck?”
 
“Doesn't look so scary to me.”
 
“Are you sure that thing has a shard?”
 
“Yeah,” said Kagome. “It's embedded in it's…butt.”
 
“The shard is in the duck's butt? I'm not pulling a shard out of a duck's butt.”
 
“I'm not doing it.”
 
There was a tremendous “QUACK!”
 
“I think it's angry.'
 
“Who cares? It's a three-foot duck, for kami's sake.”
 
“Give me your shards,” roared the duck.
 
“Shut up!” everyone except Kikyo yelled.
 
“Oh…sorry,” said the duck demon.
 
Kikyo was stewing. “I ask for a lousy demon and a jewel shard and this is what I get?” She looked up into the sky and spotted one of Naraku's Saimyoushou. She whispered, “I know you're watching and listening, you bastard.”
 
 
Back at his castle, Naraku was rolling on the floor laughing. Finally he collected himself and directed one of his Saimyoushou to fly down and sting the duck demon.
 
 
“Owww!” screamed the duck demon. “That hurt!”
 
“Look,” said Miroku. “Why don't you just give us the jewel shard and we'll call it a day.”
 
“Yeah,” said Kagome. “He is kind o' cute. Here, ducky-ducky!”
 
“QUACK!”
 
The duck pulsed and grew again. This time it was five feet tall.
 
“That's a little better,” said InuYasha. “But I still think I'll feel ashamed of myself for cutting its head off!”
 
“InuYasha!” exclaimed Kikyo. “Kagome and I will stay back while you, Miroku and Sango dispatch the duck.”
 
Kagome glared at Kikyo. “Just let me shoot her now, InuYasha!”
 
Kikyo glared at Kagome.
 
“Prepare to die, duck!” yelled InuYasha as he raised Tetsusaiga.
 
“Ohh-h-hhh,” moaned the duck.
 
“Wait, InuYasha!” shouted Miroku. He turned to the duck. “Is there something wrong with you, demon?”
 
“Is there something wrong? Is there something wrong? I just got stung by a Saimyoushou, which I happen to be allergic to - ack, the swelling, and this idiot wants to cut my head off `cause I sat my butt down on a stupid jewel shard.” The duck mused for a moment. “And, come to think of it, I think some practical joker in a baboon pelt put it in my nest in the first place.”
 
“Naraku,” hissed Miroku. “InuYasha! It's a trap! Naraku put the jewel shard in the duck's ass!”
 
“What?”
 
 
“Kill the duck!” shouted Kikyo.
 
“Yeah, kill the…no, I can't say it. It just doesn't seem right,” said Kagome as she inched forward to get a better view.
 
Kikyo saw her chance. She picked up a rock and snuck up behind Kagome, smiling. “The simplest plans are the best,” she thought.
 
Kagome was already on edge, being alone with Kikyo, but now there was something screaming warnings at her. All her senses seemed to sharpen, her eyes flecked with red and she felt a pulse that told her she was in extreme danger. Suddenly she felt a great blow on her head and fragments of rock tumbled over her shoulders. She turned around to find Kikyo standing there, amazed.
 
“Oh. Did that little rock slip out of Kikyo's hands?” she whimpered.
 
Kagome growled and reached for her bow.
 
Kikyo started backing away. “Oh, come on. It was an accident. Anybody can have an accident, right Kagome? Heh-heh.”
 
Kagome knocked an arrow.
 
Kikyo turned and started running for the treeline, shouting, “Naraku, you bastard! You sent a lousy duck demon! I'll get you for this!”
 
Kagome released the arrow. “Hit the mark!” The arrow flew true and hit the fleeing Kikyo…
 
“OWWW!”
 
…in the butt.
 
Kikyo made it to the treeline. “I can't believe she missed,” thought Kikyo. It was only then she noticed the pink glow.
 
Kagome's arrow was purifying her ass.
 
 
“Stand still and let me end your misery!” shouted InuYasha as he raised Tetsusaiga over the duck demon.
 
All of a sudden, the duck trembled mightily, quacked a mighty quack, and shrank back to normal size.
 
“What the…” said InuYasha.
 
“Don't kill the duck, InuYasha,” said the monk. I think the shard is in the egg.”
 
“The egg, Miroku?” asked Sango.
 
“Yes, it's the only reason the duck would shrink again.”
 
“Well,” said Sango. “We might as well take the egg back to Kagome.
 
 
Kikyo cursed, and not under her breath. It had been close, but she had managed to remove Kagome's arrow before it completely purified her. She was still feeling disoriented. But she'd find a way to get back at that girl, Kagome…and, after that, Naraku.
 
She heard a rustling in the woods a short distance away.
 
There. There was a beautiful, if rather small, girl. Kikyo licked her lips. Sure, she had Kagura waiting for her, but she did need a little diversion…something to take her mind off her defeat. She patted her priestess' robes where she had the secret pocket containing a box with Kagura's heart. She smiled. Kagura was hers, anyway.
 
Here was a new conquest. She got up to follow.
 
 
“What I do for my master,” thought Jaken. “All this makeup makes me sneeze…and I don't like this girl's kimono one bit!” A shiver ran up and down Jaken's spine. “And why do I have the willies?”
 
 
 
A/N: I do want to acknowledge that one of the reviews from a few chapters ago suggested an idea which I used in this chapter. I didn't use it in quite the form suggested, but close. Thanks. You know who you are.
 
Again, thanks for your comments. I welcome any comments, positive or negative, as long as they're constructive.
 
I do have one question that I'd like you input on: do you think I should add “hentai” to the description of the story? I've been trying to keep this to a PG-13 rating, but I would like your opinion.
 
As always, please read and review. Thanks!