InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Mother Miko's Instincts ❯ A Mother Miko's Instincts Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Mother Miko's Instincts - Chapter 2
By Majicman55
 
 
Kagome made one more trip through the well prior to leaving the village and returned with various toiletries, a large supply of ramen and three of those leashes some mothers use with their kids in malls. For some reason neither InuYasha nor Sesshomaru (nor the other Inu Youkai Sesshomaru had brought as an escort) liked the leashes much, but they acknowledged Kagome's position as the pups' mother and her right to manage her children as she saw fit.
 
Each night of the trip, when they made camp and after supper and a bedtime story, InuYasha would pound three stakes into the ground and tie Akamaru, Midoriko and Aoimaru to the stakes with hundred pound test kite line.
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow at this, but said nothing. He simply posted guards around their campsite and returned to the fire where InuYasha, Kagome and Kagura were waiting.
 
“Is that really necessary?” asked Kagome as she fed her four newest arrivals. Fortunately, Inu Youkai children developed the ability to eat a variety of foods sooner than ningen children. Even with her miko powers and the enhancements she had acquired through mating with InuYasha, she didn't think she could have suckled four babies for an extended period. She was also grateful for Kagura's help.
 
“This Sesshomaru reminds you that there are still dangerous youkai around and some of them might attack.”
 
“But the Shikon no Tama is no more,” said Kagome. “Why would they attack us?”
 
“Feh,” said InuYasha. “Fluffy's right.”
 
The Great Lord of the Western Lands instantly appeared in InuYasha's face. “You will not call this Sesshomaru `Fluffy.'”
 
A strong wind blew the two brothers apart. “Stop it, you two,” demanded Kagura. “There are pups here.”
 
The two dog brothers settled down, still growling at each other.
 
Kagome giggled. “Old habits die hard, huh?”
 
“Oi. You're right, Kagome.” InuYasha extended his hand to his brother. “Sorry about that, Fl…Sesshomaru.”
 
“You should be baring your throat in submission to this Sesshomaru.”
 
“In your dreams. I only submit to Kagome, and that's in…”
 
“InuYasha!” Kagome was blushing. She turned to Sesshomaru, eager to get away from that subject. “So you really think there are youkai who might attack us?”
 
“There are some even stupider than my brother.”
 
“Oi!”
 
“Also, miko…”
 
“Kagome. Call me Kagome. We're family, now.”
 
“Also, Miko Kagome…”
 
Kagome sighed.
 
“…you underestimate your own attraction, and the attraction of your pups. You hold great power. Your pups also may have great power. Gaining access to your power could be as simple as kidnapping one of your pups.”
 
“Keh! Over my dead body,” pronounced InuYasha.
 
Sesshomaru's smile did have a way of creeping people out.
 
 
******************
 
 
The rest of the night passed without incident, at least without any incident that they knew of till morning. The guards reported to Sesshomaru that there had been some lesser youkai sniffing around, but none foolhardy enough to try anything.
 
The group had breakfast, broke camp had gotten underway again in good time. The new pups were still young enough that all they wanted to do was eat and sleep and the older pups were testing the limits of their leashes again.
 
Unfortunately for InuYasha the leashes Kagome had bought had very generous amounts of very strong line…and the pups had taken full advantage by seeing how many trees they could get wrapped around.
 
“Oi! Kagome! Can't you do anything about our pups?”
 
Kagome looked up from chatting with Kagura and without thinking called out the first two names of each pup.
 
If InuYasha had been smart, he would have let go of the leashes.
 
But this was InuYasha…and even if he really was smart enough to let go, he was still too stubborn. The subjugation spell took hold of each of the pups and immediately forced them, by the shortest possible routes, to return to their mother.
 
When the leashes were pulled tight around the trees the pups had circled, the stubborn hanyou found himself being pulled in opposite directions between two trees and drawn into the air.
 
“Oi! What do I do now?”
 
“Let go of the leashes, I suppose,” giggled Kagome.
 
Kagura hid her smile with her fan. Sesshomaru looked on stoically, although maintaining his attitude with difficulty.
 
InuYasha was damned if he was going to let go of both leashes. No, he wasn't losing a tug-of-war to his own pups…so he did the next best thing: he let go with one hand.
 
The subjugation spell was still working. The leash was stretched tight. The balancing pull on his other hand had been released.
 
InuYasha discovered the principle of the slingshot.
 
He flew towards the tree the leash had been wound around. At the last moment he managed to twist and avoid the trunk. This caused the rapidly-getting-dizzy hanyou to be pulled around the tree in a great circle. He then found himself being dragged along the forest floor and finally through a large, decaying log that was big enough for him on one end but only big enough for his pup on the other.
 
<WHUMP>
 
Kagome looked down at InuYasha. “Why didn't you let go?”
 
“Feh.”
 
 
******************
 
 
InuYasha walked up with his brother only because he was too embarrassed to walk with his mate.
 
“This Sesshomaru would have let go.”
 
“Shaddup.”
 
 
******************
 
 
“He is a little dense sometimes, isn't he?” said Kagura, smiling.
 
“I'm sure Sesshomaru has his foibles, too.”
 
Kagura giggle. “A few. He's always so damned formal, for one. Do you know it took me almost till Izaoyi was born to get him to loosen up even a little?”
 
“He doesn't seem any more informal.”
 
“It's these guards we have. He feels he must be formal before them.” Kagura sighed. “Always The Great Lord.”
 
“I'd love to see him a little more…pardon me…human.”
 
“You would, huh?” Kagura looked up to where her mate was walking and gave a few, quick flicks of her fan.
 
Up ahead, the lower half of The Great Lord of the Western Lands's kimono fluttered. He glanced back at the two girls with narrowed eyes, then continued on.
 
“Watch this,” said Kagura. She flicked the fan again, giving it several twists and turns.
 
The lower half of Sesshomaru's kimono seemed to billow wildly. InuYasha sniffed, looked at his brother strangely, and began to drop back and away from him.
 
Sesshomaru looked back towards his mate and called out, “Stop doing that to this Sesshomaru,” and walked into an overhanging branch, tangling his hair.
 
InuYasha smiled, then started to laugh. Sesshomaru growled.
 
“Uh-oh,” said Kagura. “Not good. He's got this thing about his hair.”
 
“You're kidding.”
 
“You have no idea how long he spends on it,” exclaimed Kagura as she rushed to her mate and began helping him get untangled.
 
Kagome knew better than to try to help. Instead she rushed over to InuYasha and made him stop laughing. It wouldn't do to embarrass The Great Lord of the Western Lands in front of his guards. Besides, she was thinking of the shampoos and conditioners she had in her bag.
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome watched as a box that looked like a miniature house was brought out and set on the ground beside Sesshomaru.
 
Kagome watched as a host of flea youkai marched out of the box, over to their lord, and into his hair. Soon after, Kagome could see various bits of branch that had been stuck in his hair begin to move and twist. Occasionally a piece was heaved off him altogether.
 
“What's going on?”
 
Kagura sniffed. “You didn't think those flea youkai were just advisors, did you? Those are Sesshomaru's personal groomers. They won't stop till he's completely clean.”
 
“I see.”
 
“It'll take a while, though.”
 
“Is there a hot spring near here?”
 
“Yes, I think so.”
 
“What if I told you I had a way to do this a lot faster?”
 
Kagome went on to show Kagura bottles of shampoo and conditioner she had and explained how to use them. “InuYasha likes it when I wash his hair.”
 
“Really?”
 
“Oh yeah. He really likes it.”
 
Kagura looked at Kagome. “Give me those.” She turned to her mate. “Hey, Sesshy…”
 
“You will not call this Sesshomaru that.”
 
“Tell the fleas to go home. Kagome gave me something that'll help, and do it faster. We're going to the hot spring.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Hours later Kagura and Sesshomaru returned from the hot spring. Sesshomaru's hair was clean again and even had a shine to it that hadn't been there before. The Great Lord of the Western Lands looked pleased with himself as he approached InuYasha and announced that they had better get going or they wouldn't reach the castle by nightfall.
 
Kagura rejoined Kagome.
 
“So much for saving time,” said the miko. “You had to take advantage, didn't you?”
 
Kagura blushed. “I just washed his hair like you said. Who knew he'd respond the way he did?”
 
Kagome smiled. The babies had needed fed and changed, anyway, and they were ready for travel again.
 
“May I keep the shampoo and conditioner?”
 
Kagome laughed out loud and made a mental note to tell Kagura about “blow drying.” She'd be a natural at it.
 
 
******************
 
 
It was starting to get dark when the entourage hove into view of the castle. One of Sesshomaru's youkai who patrolled the grounds met the party about a half hour from the castle and was sent ahead with word to prepare a meal.
 
Kagome called her three oldest pups to her. They had been staying nearby anyway because since the fiasco that morning their dad glowered at them anytime they tried to draw out their leashes.
 
And so it was that the travelers entered the castle of The Great Lord of the Western Lands.
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome stared at her plate with a degree of apprehension. The children had been handed over to their nurses to be fed and cared for and now it was the adults' turn to relax. The others had all begun their supper, but she still hadn't.
 
“Dig in, Kagome,” said her mate. “The food's good, even if it's not ramen.”
 
Kagome picked up chopsticks, then set them down. “I just can't. I'm sorry, but I remember all the times Sesshomaru said he doesn't eat `human food.'” She was almost in tears. “What is this?”
 
“Kagome,” answered InuYasha. “Sesshomaru just meant he doesn't eat food prepared by human hands.”
 
“Oh.” Kagome began eating cheerfully.
 
“That was prepared by giant rat youkai.”
 
“What?”
 
InuYasha smirked. “Just kidding.”
 
“And what's wrong with giant rat youkai?” asked Sesshomaru.
 
Kagome stared at Sesshomaru. The Great Lord of the Western Lands had made a joke?
 
 
******************
 
 
Finally it was time for bed and both couples had retired to their respective chambers. Sesshomaru had given InuYasha and Kagome the room across from his and Kagura's and Kagome was impressed with the amenities. The room had its own bath, even if you had to ask the servants to heat water for it, and the sleeping arrangements were sumptuous to say the least. Kagome found herself wondering if Sesshomaru himself had personally killed the youkai who's furs they were sleeping on.
 
Kagome pulled on a nightshirt prior to climbing in with her mate.
 
“Oi. What are you doing that for?”
 
“Doing what?”
 
“Putting on that thing.”
“In case the kids…” Kagome paused. That's right. The kids were being looked after. She and InuYasha weren't going to be bothered. She started to smile.
 
“That's right. We ain't gonna be bothered.”
 
Kagome pulled off the nightshirt and threw it into the furthest corner of the room. Giving a mental “thank you” to her mother for arranging for her “shot,” she climbed under the covers with her mate.
 
“InuYasha?”
 
Snoring.
 
“InuYasha!”
 
“Just kidding!”
 
InuYasha rolled over quickly and claimed her mouth with his. One clawed hand began tracing its way up her inner thigh.
 
A glow, ever-brightening, began showing itself under their door.
 
 
******************
 
 
Inside Kagura and Sesshomaru's room, the couple, who had kissed each other goodnight and were just snuggling in for a good rest after a long day, suddenly found themselves unable to sleep.
 
The Great Lord of the Western Lands could smell his mate's arousal. “This Sesshomaru perceives that our time at the hot spring was not enough for his mate.”
 
Kagura's hand trailed down her mate's body until she found something to hold. “Apparently you want more, too,” she smirked.
 
Just before he claimed his mate, Sesshomaru remembered who was “sleeping” across the hall and what happened when they…
 
“Bet I know what you're doing, little brother.”
 
 
 
A/N: Yes, finally. Things are getting strange and, be assured, they will get stranger. Look for the pups to come into play soon. Hope Kagome brought lots of Tylenol back with her.
 
As always, please read and review. Thanks!