InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Mother Miko's Instincts ❯ A Mother Miko's Instincts Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Mother Miko's Instincts - Chapter 12
By Majicman55
 
 
Both Kagome and Miroku were exhausted. Sesshomaru was a worse taskmaster than InuYasha ever was and the fact that he was in pursuit of a creature that held Rin's soul captive made him almost impossible to slow down. The only good thing was that, thanks to Kagome's new-found ability to detect Rin's soul, they all knew that Oshirimaru was headed back to Sesshomaru's castle. At least they had a rendezvous point.
 
So InuYasha had proceeded with his brother while Kagome, Miroku and the rest of the party caught up. Kagome and Miroku arrived first and found the two brothers outside The Great Lord of the Western Land's castle.
 
Sesshomaru was barely able to restrain himself.
 
“Oi, now who wants to charge in without a plan?” asked InuYasha sardonically.
 
“That's Rin in there!” growled Sesshomaru.
 
InuYasha, who found himself dangling by his neck, looked down at his older brother. “I…think…you have…someone to protect…now.”
 
“This Sesshomaru has no one to……bah!” The Great Lord of the Western Lands dropped the hanyou and turned to stare at his castle. “There's no one in there except that thing.”
 
“Oi. We'll get it. We'll get Rin's soul back.”
 
“It's not just Rin. This Sesshomaru is sworn to protect what's his, and that includes everyone in his castle.”
 
“We'll get them back, too.”
 
“How can you be…?
Kirara alit beside the two brothers. Kagome and Miroku slid down the firecat's side. “If there ever was an ominous presence…”
 
Kagome nodded her ascent.
 
Just then the main gate of the castle opened and Oshirimaru poked out, momentarily. There was a long, low rumble.
 
“What's it doing?” asked Kagome.
 
Sesshomaru and InuYasha were the first to react. “It's a miasma,” declared The Great Lord of the Western Lands.
 
“Oi. Either that or it's been eating beans.”
 
Kagome, who was not at the moment thankful for acquiring heightened senses through mating with InuYasha, backed up a few steps. “Oh my kami…”
 
Even Miroku began to smell it. “I actually wish I had my kazaana.”
 
Kagome turned to the monk. “Say, Miroku. You don't happen to have any wards against that?”
 
Another long, low rumble could be heard from the castle gate, this time accompanied a few stentorian bursts.
 
“Thothe almost thounded like wordth,” said Kagome, who was now pinching her nose.
 
“Thith Theththomaru agreeth.”
 
“Keh!” said InuYasha. “I think that athth wantth uth to go away.”
 
Kirara was pawing her nose and backing into the treeline. Kagome noticed and called the firecat over. Kirara didn't look too pleased, but returned to Kagome's side.
 
“I have an idea, InuYathha.” Kagome pulled out one of her sacred hours and lit the tip with Kirara's fire. “Thtep towardth it, InuYathha.”
 
“If you thay tho.”
 
There was another long, low rumbling and the two brothers and Miroku flinched in anticipation, but Kagome stepped forward and let fly with her holy fire arrow. Just as the arrow reached its mark…
 
<WHHHOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHH>
 
…a tremendous jet of flame emerged from the floating ass. Oshirimaru danced around wildly for a moment, then disappeared back inside the castle.
 
“Oi. It doesn't smell as bad anymore.”
 
Kagome grinned. “Flamed her ass.” The miko turned back to the others. “Bet that's the first time that was done in the feudal era.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Oshirimaru was half immersed in one of the baths in Sesshomaru's castle. No wonder she hated that miko!
 
The floating ass rose out of the water, tried talking and found that it hurt to do so. It burned. Boy, did it burn.
 
Another low rumbling came from Oshirimaru. “Puff-I'll-puff-get-puff-that-puff-girl-puff-and-puff-her-puff-little -puff-hanyou-puff-too!”
 
 
******************
 
 
By this time, Kagura and the rest of the party had arrived and the youkai were setting up camp as it had been decided that it was too dangerous to enter the castle immediately.
 
Sesshomaru sent a few of the youkai to contact some of his patrols in the northern reaches of his lands and bring some of them back to assist in surrounding the castle. They might not be ready to storm the castle, but they'd know what Oshirimaru was up to.
 
In the meantime, they'd hold a council of war.
 
“What about Kanna's mirror?” asked Miroku.
 
Kagome looked up. “The mirror could draw in souls, right?”
 
“That's right,” answered Miroku.
 
“I think that if we could get Rin's soul back out of Oshirimaru, it would automatically return to her body.”
 
“Why do you think that, miko?” The Great Lord of the Western Lands had been lost in thought till Kagome's remark.
 
Kagome looked back at Sesshomaru. “Rin's body remains alive even though her soul is not within it.”
 
Miroku interrupted. “I see what she's saying. If this were not true, her body would have died again immediately. Her body is waiting for the return of her soul.” Miroku turned to Kagome. “Is that what you meant?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“And,” continued the monk, “if you could use Kanna's mirror to draw out her soul, the soul would return to her body.”
 
“With a little guidance…plus, we'd have to remove that at the right time.” Kagome pointed to the talisman around Rin's neck.
 
“Of course.”
 
“Keh,” said InuYasha. “Only one problem with that theory.”
 
“And what is that, little brother?” asked Sesshomaru.
 
“We've gotta find her first. And even then she's still gotta have the mirror, you know.”
 
“Oh, she'll have the mirror.”
 
All eyes turned to Kagura.
 
“She always did enjoy watching.”
 
 
******************
 
 
The search party would consist of InuYasha, Kagome, Miroku and Kagura. Sesshomaru and the other youkai would remain at the castle for two reasons: first, to maintain surveillance on Oshirimaru; and, second, because Sesshomaru would not willingly leave Rin.
 
At Miroku's request, one of Sesshomaru's youkai was dispatched to inform Sango and Kaede of what had happened so far and that Miroku would be accompanying them, along with Kirara.
 
“Where do you think Kanna would have gone after Naraku's death, Kagura?” asked Miroku.
 
“The kid didn't have much of an imagination,” answered the wind sorceress. “She probably hung around the castle, at least for a while. It's a good place to start, anyway.”
 
“Wait a second. Wouldn't Naraku's castle have crumbled when he died?” said Kagome.
 
“No. Once Naraku died and my heart returned to me, the castle also returned to its natural state. Wherever it is, there it will still be.”
 
“And you know where that is?”
 
“I think so.” Kagome looked north. “This way.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome rode on InuYasha's back while Miroku flew above on Kirara and Kagura rode one of her feathers. She leaned into InuYasha and enjoyed the sensation of her breasts rubbing against his back as he traveled in his long jumps. Apparently InuYasha was responding to her eroticism as his fingertips slowly crept higher up her…
 
“InuYasha!” she stage-whispered.
 
“Oi. Then stop doing that. It's been too long.”
 
“It's been two days.”
 
“As I said, it's been too long.”
 
Miroku, riding above on Kirara, was clueless…although both the firecat and the wind sorceress knew what was going on. Kagura smirked. If Kanna still liked to watch and was anywhere nearby, either she or InuYasha would smell her out soon. Kagura started to squirm in her seat, though. She found herself wishing her mate was along. “Oh well,” she thought. “I'll take it out on him later.”
 
 
******************
 
 
There was less than an hour of daylight left when the little group decided to make camp. Kagura watched as Miroku began to gather wood and InuYasha darted off to find game for supper. This left her alone with Kagome.
 
“Is there anything I can do to help?”
 
“Thanks. I could use some water for cooking.” The miko set a pot down on the ground before the wind sorceress.
 
“Is that all?” Kagura unlimbered her fan and waved it in a tight circular motion. Immediately a small but powerful whirlwind appeared and moved off towards a nearby stream. Kagura tilted her fan first this way then that, and the spout returned to hover over the pot before finally dissipating and dropping the water it carried, filling it.
 
“That's handy.”
 
“I've used it on Sesshomaru more than once.”
 
Kagome couldn't help giggling.
 
 
******************
 
 
After a dinner of stewed rabbit and some campfire conversation, Kagura got up to leave the campsite. “Come along, monk.”
 
“Huh?”
 
Kagura nodded towards Kagome and InuYasha. “I think they've got some catching up to do.”
 
Kagome was blushing furiously, but InuYasha was grinning from ear to ear. Kagome couldn't see the hanyou mouthing “thank you” from behind her to Kagura.
 
Miroku got the more than obvious hint and gathered up his bed clothes. The monk smiled at the wind witch. “Aren't you worried about my reputation?”
 
Kagura laughed. “Nahhhh.” She flicked her fan and a wind built under Miroku, lifting him several feet off the ground. “Now, imagine being a lot higher when the wind suddenly…”
 
Kagura folded her fan.
 
“…quits.”
 
<THUMMMPPPPP>
 
Miroku got back up and started rubbing his backside. “I…I see what you mean.”
 
“Besides, Imagine what Sesshomaru would do to you.”
 
“I was only kidding, you know.” The monk grimmaced. “I'm so misunderstood.”
 
Kagura led the way out of camp so that the monk couldn't see her look of amusement. “Go to it, you two,” she thought. “The sooner you get busy, the sooner I find Kanna.”
 
 
 
A/N: What's this? Kanna's a perv? Who'd have thunk it? And how's Kagura gonna use Kagome and InuYasha's…activity…to find Kanna?
 
As always, please read and review. Reviews = inspiration to write new chapters. <grin> Thanks!