InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Mother Miko's Instincts ❯ A Mother Miko's Instincts Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Mother Miko's Instincts - Chapter 15
By Majicman55
 
 
Kagome was pulling at her lower lip as she watched Kanna and a very nervous Shippo walking around the camp. “I don't know about this, InuYasha. He's so young.
 
“Keh. He ain't so young as you think.”
 
“What's that supposed to mean?”
 
InuYasha debated how much to tell his mate. He had promised Shippo not to tell her about how he really shouldn't have been bathing with the girls as long as he had, but if Kagome figured it out for herself…
 
“Youkai don't age the way humans do. You've noticed how our kids walked really early?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“It's a survival thing. Youkai learn to walk, and other things like hunting, really fast. I wouldn't have survived childhood if I hadn't.”
 
“That's right.” Kagome was getting a little teary-eyed remembering how rough InuYasha had it as child.
 
“Of course, our physical development is like that, too. A youkai can appear as a child for years, then suddenly grow in one year what a human would do in ten.”
 
“So you're saying that Shippo is sort of like a teenager?” Kagome noted that Shippo had for the moment broken out of Kanna's clutches and was torn between wanting to get the hell away from her and being a good host to please his mother. “How'd he get so big all of a sudden?”
 
“It wasn't all of a sudden.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“The runt's been using his kitsune magic to disguise his true form.”
 
Kagome looked confused. “I thought he couldn't hold an illusion for very long.”
 
“Feh. It ain't that hard when the illusion's of yourself, only smaller.”
 
Kagome looked over to see Shippo distract Kanna into looking the other direction. There was a small poof and, when Kanna looked back, all that remained was a small stone statue lying on its side. The girl gave a small “hmpf” and began searching for the errant object of her affection.
 
“But that would mean he could have been that mature when Sango and I were taking him along for our baths.”
 
“Could have been,” answered InuYasha.
 
Kagome marched up to the small stone statue and reached down to grab one of its ears. “IS THIS TRUE, SHIPPO? WERE YOU HAVING FUN WATCHING US BATHE?”
 
There was another poof as Shippo returned to his proper form. “Sheesh, mom. You don't have to shout.” The kitsune glared at InuYasha. “You. You promised not to tell! OOPS.” Shippo looked up to see a very upset miko, arms akimbo, staring down at him.
 
“She figured it out for herself, runt.”
 
Kagome gasped, “So it's true.”
 
“He even called you and Sango `babes.'”
 
Kagome glowered at her mate. “You're not helping, InuYasha.”
 
Shippo groveled before Kagome. “Please, mom. You can't let her get me. I'm still just a kid.”
 
Kagome looked down to see the Shippo she remembered looking up at her, looking as though he was about to cry. She bent over to comfort her adopted son. “There, there…”
 
<BOP>
 
<POOF>
 
“Would you cut that out?”
 
InuYasha smiled and used his thumb to direct Shippo's attention back to Kagome.
 
The kitsune gulped as Kagome seemed to loom over him. Her eyes were very big and she looked very angry and there seemed to be…flames…surrounding her. Shippo rubbed his eyes. “M-Mom?”
 
Slowly, Kagome seemed to return to normal. When she did, she gave Shippo one of her patented smiles. Even InuYasha stepped back at the sight of it.
 
“Oi, runt. I think you're in for it.”
 
Kagome looked around till she spotted the mirror wielder. “Oh, Kanna!” The girl clapped her hands once in glee when she saw Shippo with Kagome, and hurried right over. “Kanna, dear,” said Kagome. “It's time you and I had a little talk…about what you wanted to talk about earlier.” The miko looked at her adopted son as she continued. “I bet I can teach you a few things that will help you with my dear Shippo.”
 
“Really?”
 
“Come with me.” Kagome led Kanna off to find some privacy.
 
Shippo gulped.
 
 
******************
 
 
Inside the castle, Oshirimaru was getting restless. She had to move soon, but she didn't feel she could handle Sesshomaru, InuYasha and that little bitch, Kagome.
 
More power. She needed more power.
 
The charring from the flaming arrow incident had mostly gone away, but it still hurt to talk. Another reason to get rid of that miko, but how to do it?
 
Oshirimaru was reaching out with her senses, looking for youkai she could absorb, when she hit her answer. So, they had had children! There was a group of three who were toddlers and a group of four who were still babies. And there was something about the three. They seemed to have both youkai and miko characteristics.
 
Like her.
 
And the power they held…
 
The power!
 
Oshirimaru smiled mentally. It would take some planning, but it could be done.
 
 
******************
 
 
Sesshomaru had just finished re-ordering his patrols. He changed the schedule often so the creature inside his castle would not find a time that it would be easier to make its move.
 
He spotted InuYasha and Shippo standing together as they watched his brother's mate and the mirror wielder walking off. While the two watched, the Great Lord of the Western Lands joined them.
 
“Report.”
 
“Oi. What?” growled InuYasha. “I ain't one of your staff, you know.”
 
“This Sesshomaru…apologizes.”
 
“Feh. Forget it. It's understandable.”
 
“Have you gotten anywhere with that girl?”
 
For some reason, Shippo shuddered at the question. Then he settled back into a sort of haze as he imagined what his mother was telling Kanna.
 
“Kagome is talking with her now. Shippo hasn't been of much help, yet, but I have a feeling he will be.”
 
The kitsune came out of his reverie to stare at the hanyou, then settled back within his own imagination.
 
Sesshomaru leaned over the still-sitting kitsune. “This Sesshomaru will be most grateful for any help you can provide.” The Great Lord of the Western Lands took in Shippo's appearance. “”You have grown.”
 
Shippo folded his arms. “I'm still just a kid.”
 
“You're old enough.”
 
“Shut up!”
 
Shippo blanched as he realized he had just told the Great Lord of the Western Lands to shut up. “I-I'm sorry! I didn't…”
 
Sesshomaru raised his hand, palm out, to tell the kitsune to stop babbling. “There was a time this Sesshomaru would have killed for far less than that, but this Sesshomaru has progressed beyond that.”
 
Shippo began to settle down.
 
“Let us hope that your ways with that girl are less offensive. This Sesshomaru understands that Kanna will help us if you please her.”
 
Shippo started to tense up again. “Yes, sir.”
 
“This Sesshomaru hates to think what he would do if this chance to save Rin were lost.”
 
Shippo gulped…again.
 
 
******************
 
 
As Sesshomaru walked away, Kagome and Kanna returned to join InuYasha and Shippo. InuYasha noted that Kagome was carrying Kanna's mirror.
 
The miko gave her adopted son another one of her smiles. “Why don't you take Kanna and show her around, Shippo?”
 
“Any-Anything you say, mom.”
 
“How nice of you, Shippo,” said Kanna. “I would be honored.”
 
“You-You would?”
 
InuYasha scratched his head as he watched the couple proceeding to the other side of the camp. “Oi, what did you do to Miss Overly Aggressive, there?”
 
Kagome looked down and kicked at the dirt. “Oh, just gave her a few lessons.” She held out the mirror. “She's giving me lessons on how to use the mirror in return.”
 
“You know how to use that thing?”
 
“Well-l-l, not completely,” Kagome admitted, “but I can use it to watch people secretly.”
 
“I thought you needed Saimyoushou for that.”
 
“Not at close range…anything under a couple of miles.”
 
“Oh.” InuYasha noticed that Kanna and Shippo had disappeared from the clearing. “Can you use it to watch Kanna and Shippo?”
 
“Sure.”
 
“Might be a good idea. They ain't here anymore.”
 
“Okay.” Kagome concentrated and the surface of the mirror shimmered and then steadied to reveal Shippo and Kanna sitting beside each other at a hot spring.
 
“Oi. Can you hear what they're saying?”
 
“I haven't gotten that far yet.”
 
Kanna was pointing at the hot spring. The girl stood up and tried to pull the kitsune up beside her. Shippo shook his head and remained seated. Kanna then walked away from him to the hot spring and, just as she got to edge, allowed her kimono to fall to the ground. She didn't turn around, but gave the blushing kitsune a smile over her shoulder…then walked into the pool till she was submerged up to her neck.
 
“Quick learner.”
 
“Oi. What was that?”
 
“Nothing.”
 
After a few seconds, Shippo got up and walked to the edge of the spring. There seemed to be a brief conversation, after which Kanna giggled and turned around. Shippo quickly undressed and waded into the pool. He said something to Kanna who turned around, smiled, and swam up to him, settling to stand right in front of him.
 
Shippo was blushing again.
 
Kanna put her arms around the kitsune and gave him a quick hug. One of her arms came away from around Shippo's neck and disappeared into the water.
 
Shippo gasped.
 
Kanna had a big smile. She brought her arm back out of the water and it joined the other around Shippo's neck. She drew Shippo's head down for a quick kiss, smiled, and pushed off the kitsune to swim a few feet away from him.
 
“Really quick learner.”
 
“Oi. Exactly what did you teach her?”
 
“Oh…nothing.”
 
“Why don't I believe you?”
 
Shippo looked pensive. Finally, he strode up to Kanna and kissed her back. But then it looked like he was getting all embarrassed and he started to step away. Kanna was having nothing of it. She wrapped her arms around Shippo's neck and pulled him in for a deep kiss. Then she did something Shippo wasn't expecting: she jumped off the bottom of the hot spring and wrapped her legs around Shippo's hips.
 
Shippo's eyes bugged out.
 
Still keeping her legs around him, Kanna leaned back and smiled.
 
“Oi, she really has developed, hasn't she?”
 
“Maybe I'd better put the mirror away.”
 
“Keh. It's just gettin' interesting.”
 
“InuYasha!”
 
“Look in the mirror.”
 
Kagome looked back to Kanna's mirror. Kanna had reached down into the water between her and the kitsune and it looked like she was moving something around till…
 
Kanna had a huge smile on her face as she took her hand out from between the two of them and pushed herself against Shippo. For a moment she had a look of intense concentration before she cried out in momentary pain. She shuddered as she held onto the kitsune, who drew back looking concerned for her.
 
Kanna smiled, then began moving up and down in the water while holding onto the kitsune for dear life.
 
InuYasha looked over at his mate. Kagome looked flush and was even panting.
 
“Oi. I don't think either one of `em's a virgin anymore.”
 
 
 
 
A/N: Yikes! Shippo's not a virgin anymore! Well, neither is Kanna, come to think of it. And Kagome played a big part in it? And, uh-oh, it looks like Oshirimaru's planning something really evil.
 
As always, please read and review. And, as always reviews = inspiration to write new chapters. <grin> Thanks!