InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A New Hope Arisen ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A New Hope Arisen Jesse Co-written/typed by Kenya

"What?" Kouga breathed into the phone. 'Oro? How could he have found my Kagome? I meanwe deleted her files for crying out loudShe's lives in a new citya new towna new addressgoes to a new schoolhow could he? Ginta is stationed on the school campus, he should have seen anything suspicious, and Hakkaku is only one block away from the sunset shrine! Its impossible.'

"Oh Kouga, what am I going to do? I can't just pack up and leave again!" Kagome sobered over the phone. "Mama Souta, and Ji-chan! They'll all be worried sick! Kouga!" she broke down in tears again, "I will not put my family through that again!"

Kouga stood in the center of his "office", the only sound that could be heard was his breathing and Kagome's sobbing. He swallowed trying to wet his suddenly arid throat, "Kagome," he spoke in an unbelieving calm voice. Her sobs ceased as she waited breathlessly for him to continue. "Kagome, I do not know how he found you, or what where going to do," Kouga told her honestly, "But I am not going to let him hurt you again." He swiftly walked over to his computer and tapped a quick few keys, "Ginta and Hakkaku are the closest guys that I have stationed to you. I'm going to send them over for now, but I will be with you in a few minutes" he trailed off, waiting for Kagome to say her consent. "Kagome, is that okay?"

Kagome took a deep soothing breath and tried to process all the information Kouga had just given her. 'Kouga does not know how he found me, and does not know what we're going to do know, but he is going to protect me. Ginta and Hakkaku are coming over to keep me company, and then Kouga will be hereokay'

"Yes" Kagome whispered into the phone. She could hear Kouga pick something up and then begin to type again. "And Kouga?" she asked. "Yeah, babe?" she paused for a moment then said, "You're the greatest, you know that right?" Kouga smiled as he threw on his long black leather trench coat, "Anything for you Kagome. And do not worry, Hakkaku and Ginta will be there any moment. I will protect you Kagome, you do not need to worried any longer."

Kagome waited until she heard the click on the other side of the phone before hanging up. She slid to the floor in a heap. 'I better fix myself up before Ginta and Hakkaku get here' Kagome leaned her back against the counters side with a sigh. 'On second thought, I think I'll just sit here until they come. Hakkaku knows where the spare key is, so they'll let themselves in.' Just as she finished that thought, Kagome heard the back door creak open, and then the sound of feet on tiled floors. 'Speak of the devils, or should I say wolfs?'

Ginta ran into the kitchen, while Hakkaku, being the most sensible out of the two locked the door after putting the key back into its place. "Kagome!" called Ginta while running to her side, "Are you okay sister?" he asked, helping Kagome stand and then walk to a chair. Hakkaku came walking in next, he leaned against the kitchens door frame while Ginta fussed over her.
"I'm fine guys, just a littleshocked is all," said Kagome, after Ginta had finished fussing over her.

Hakkaku walked to kneel in front if Kagome on the floor, "Kouga called us and ordered us to come and watch you until he got here," he said. Kagome smiled and giggled, "Is coming to visit me that bad?" she asked, fazing a hurt look. Ginta laughed while Hakkaku smiled. "Of course not little sister," laughed out Ginta.

Kouga hung up the phone and reached for a shiny black helmet. The something he had picked up that kagome's heard was his Thompson*. He nabbed a set of keys that were lying on top of his desk and ran towards the door and threw it open with a bang. The metal door smacked against the hallway walls and the flexi-glass window at the top shook with the force he used. A few other doors opened and some of his men stuck their heads out, only to quickly pull them back in when they saw the look on Kouga's face. As he swiftly sprinted down the hallway his heavy black metal toed boots whacked the wooded floor with a slap.

Kouga sped pasted all his comrades and flew past the annoying secretary trying to get his attention. Only on person was on his mind, Kagome, HIS Kagome. 'I lost her once and I wont let it happen again, not after the promise I made her. I will not let him hurt you again Kagome, I vowed that.'
Back)


Kouga stood a narrow ally, with his back flat against the ally wall, cradling a young girl wrapped in a black blanket. Her long raven hair flowed over his arm, red blood dripped from the corner of her lips, and a ring of black surrounded her closed eyes. Kouga hugged the broken women-child closer to his chest, mindful of her broken wrist and ribs. He leaned down and brushed his lips over her forehead in a chaste kiss.

"I promise you, Kagome, that I will forever protect you as long as I live. I will never let that monster, or any other hurt you again, I swear it."
Flash Back)

"I will kill that basterd, no matter how long it takes, even if it's the last thing I do," Kouga mumbled to himself as he ran down that three flights of stairs and into the parking garage. He jingled the keys while he walked towards his custom job motorcycle. Kouga pulled his helmet over his head and sped out of the garage.

"Revenge is best served cold" he said with an evil smirk firmly planted in place, "Oh yes, I'm coming for you Naraku."