InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Reason for Living ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Reason for Living
 
 
The forest was calm. Strange, since there had been a lot of demons roaming about lately. Actually, it was frightening calm, like all the once existent tension had just suddenly been whisked away.
This calm even made Inuyasha on edge. The calm before the storm, that's how he'd described it only a few minutes ago. Something was about to happen, and it wasn't going to be good.
“This is weird. I mean, I've never felt forest that felt so…..cold. Someone or something bad is coming this way,” Sabrina said. The young halfarian was a new member to Inuyasha's little group, but she had already proven to be very valuable. She looked human: long jet black hair, the clothes of a samurai, three swords at her side, a black bag that proved to have many unusual things in it. It was only her eyes, which were the color of blood, that marked her as something else, that and her necklace, three crescent moons intersected with black wings, which glowed even when she wasn't using her many powers.
Inuyasha nodded, “True, you don't need to be connected to the elements to know THAT, Saber.”
“Still, it helps,” Sabrina said, smiling at him.
The two had a staring contest for a while until………
Sabrina stopped, looking up towards the west, her eyes thin and cat-like, something that only happened when she sensed someone. Inuyasha sniffed the air. An aura of pure darkness was coming their way. He stood up, his hand at his sword. Sabrina, meanwhile, just looked around. This scent, why is it so familiar? She thought, Not a Hunter, that's for sure, and Naraku would be much easier to spot. Whoever this is definitely doesn't have a normal amount of evil, though he's definitely not a good guy.
Someone appeared below the tree Sabrina was hiding in, but before either her or Inuyasha could see who, there was a large light, a strange evil laugh, and she and her hanyou friend were both unconscious.
 
 
A bright light was shining on Sabrina's eyes and that just made her grumpy. She groaned and turned over, only to fall onto some hard ground.
“Ow,” she said, opening one eye to be staring up at the treetop ceiling of the familiar forest, no. This one was different, it had a different scent. She didn't know this place, and hence couldn't tell where she was by using her Tracker Elements, which only worked if she was synchronized with her surroundings, like she was with Inuyasha's Forest.
“I see your awake,” said a voice behind her, a very familiar voice, “Good, I'd hate to have to figure my way around this place AND have to carry a useless girl.”
“Hey I'm not—“ she turned around to be face to face with a strange guy, a demon by how she could tell.
He had long silver hair, finer than Inuyashas, but somehow the same too. On his forehead was a red crescent, which somehow just seemed a bit scary, and he had red stripes on his face, with golden eyes and pointy ears(me: I'm sorry, but you do have pointy ears, Sessy). He wore a strange fluffy thing over his shoulder and the kind of clothes a nobleman might wear. Basically he looked like some snobby demon, which clearly would have pissed Sabrina off to no end if it wasn't for the fact that he was very, very, VERY sexy.
He stared at her and she could tell he didn't think much of her, of course, the look of surprise in his eyes when he saw hers was nice.
“Who are you exactly?' he asked, quite rudely, “You look human at first glance, but your eyes are not of some pathetic human.”
“I know, they're the color of blood itself and marks me as what I am, a demon,” Sabrina said. She stood up, though she knew this wouldn't make her seem any less like some strange human. She bowed,” I am Sabrina Deadly Nightshade-Ravencroft, and you might be?”
He looked at her like before, like some bug he wanted to, but couldn't squash, “I am Lord Sesshoumaru.”
Sabrina smiled sweetly, “It's a pleasure to meet you, Sesshoumaru-kun.”
“Hn.” That was all he said, before he turned and walked off. Sabrina sighed, realizing this guy might not be the talking type. She went after him, and easily caught up, “ So where are we do you think? I'm not very sure where myself.”
“Neither am I,” Sesshoumaru said,” Seems that we were left here, interesting.”
Sabrina looked at him and for some reason found herself thinking about how much he kinda reminded her of Inuyasha. I wonder where he is, she thought, “Hey, Sesshoumaru, do you know someone named Inuyasha? You kinda remind me of him.”
“Yes,” he said, sounding quite annoyed by the mention of Inuyashas name, “He would b my younger brother.”
“Oh, that might be why you look like him,” Sabrina said, “You both have silver hair, and both are kinda rude, but you both have a kind heart that you don't show,” she turned to look at him, her bloodred eyes glowing, “Even you, Sesshoumaru. You look and act so powerful and cruel, but I can see your true soul. My eyes reveal that, as they have with all others. You have a kind heart and a strong soul.”
Sesshoumaru stared at her. This girl, not much older than his half-breed of a brother, had just said something that to Sesshoumaru was just rubbish. Him, have a kind heart? He was a Great Demon, he was a warrior, and warriors don't have hearts. And yet…..something about this girl caught him, something different. She didn't seem to be a fighter, not by how her body was shaped, but the aura about her was that of a true warrior, of true demon blood. Her human appearance hides it well, he thought, before turning back to the trail before them, she might be some help.