InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Reason for Living ❯ A Demonic Girl ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two
 
 
They were walking for quite awhile, trying to find their way. But the forest was so big it was almost impossible, not unless Sabrina could figure out how to get her powers to sense the surroundings but….
Something was blocking them. She didn't know what or why, but something was blocking Sabrina's powers from figuring her position. Oh well, she thought, at least I'm not alone, though Sesshomaru isn't quite the greatest person in the world to get lost with. She looked up at him, since he was at least still a few inches taller than her. He seemed so cold, so distant, but something about him made her feel……safe. She smiled, unsure why she had though and then did something unusual for her. She grabbed his hand in hers.
He looked at her but all she did was smile, though she was blushing harder than ever, “It's just so we don't get lost.” For some reason she was a bit nervous, why was she so nervous? All she did was hold Sesshomaru's hand, so why be nervous….....
Sesshomaru stared at her then went back to walking, only saying, “Whatever.” Though really his mind was racing with questions. Why did she just grab his hand? What reason did she have to do that? She wouldn't get lost that easily, so the reason she told wasn't the real one, that he knew. The more he thought about it, the deeper the mystery that was Sabrina became. Trying to understand her was not helping at all.
Sabrina followed, looking down at the ground itself, mostly out of embarrassment. His hand's so warm, she thought, for some reason, I feel safe now. She closed her eyes. For some reason, he makes me feel safe. Little did she know that this safety wouldn't last….
 
Suddenly, as if from nowhere, all these demons appeared, attacking them. Sabrina let go of Sesshomaru's hand and both ran into a nearby field.
“We're surrounded,” Sesshomaru said. He didn't mind this. A few thousand demons to kill, it was just exercise for him, but….. He looked to Sabrina. Despite her strong aura, she didn't look the fighting type. He'd have to protect her if he was right, and that would be a problem.
To his surprise though, Sabrina smiled,” Good, I've been hungry for some fighting.” She drew one of the three swords at her side, the kodachi. The instant she did, it started to glow and her eyes, her eyes became as cold as ice as she charged.
One by one, she strike down her enemies, faster though than anyone Sesshomaru had ever seen. She landed back beside him and smiled,” Come on, it's fun.” Sesshomaru stared her but only nodded, and both went to killing their foes.
 
By the end, all were dead. Sesshomaru looked at Sabrina only to be even more surprised. She stood over some bodies, her blade turned slightly downward, fresh blood still dripping off it's edge. Her eyes were trained towards the sky, cold but somehow sad. But it wasn't this that was strange, it was her form itself that was strange.
She had two wolf ears, pure white in color, stuck out her jet black hair, pointed backwards, and a long large wolf tail swinging slowly behind her. The hand with which she held her kodachi had claws, as did her other hand, which was as clutching at her heart. There was two black stripes on her face and her aura was now much, much, MUCH stronger. She looked more like a demon than before.
“Sabrina?' Sesshomaru said. Sabrina turned to him and blinked. She walked over to him, sheathing her sword once more, and with each step the wind around her started to distort, “What is it, Sesshomaru?”
“You…you….what happened to you? You look….”
“More like a demon? Hm,” Sabrina said, looking at her hands, “I'd agree. This happens when I fight sometimes. My human form is broken and my demon form is shown. To tell the truth I prefer this form to my human one, it makes others think before they think me to be just another human.”
“You're a dog demon?' Sesshomaru asked.
“Yes, to a point. More of wolf, but basically, yes.” She smiled at him sweetly as she turned back to her human form. Sesshomaru was somewhat confused by this(me: Not as much as some charries I write with, but still confused) but kept a straight face. He sighed, “Interesting. So shall we move on, or stay here to wait for more people to come to try and kill us?”
Sabrina laughed, “Humor? From you? Oh my, a rarity. I didn't think you HAD a funny bone. Either way, lets go.” She grabbed his hand again and the two walked off somewhere.