InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Reason for Living ❯ Getting Wet ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Three: Getting Wet
 
 
 
Sabrina was staring at the ground as they walked, which didn't bother Sesshomaru who was staring at the sky. Both were thinking about the other.
Sabrina broke the silence first, by looking up at him and saying, “ Um Sesshomaru?”
“Yes?” Sesshomaru replied, looking at her as well.
“Where are we?”
Sesshomaru looked around. They indeed were even more lost than they were before. He sighed, “I don't know.”
Sabrina blinked, “Hm, this is bad.”
“It's been bad since we woke up here,” he said.
Sabrina got an idea,” I could try to do an Element Track. We've been here long enough for me to be slightly familiar with this environment.”
She let go of Sesshomaru's hand and muttered something under her breath. Only the word wind was loud enough to be heard.
Suddenly a strange bird towards them, a raven, with a collar around it's neck. It landed on Sabrina's arm and then bowed down it's head, “Master, you called?”
“Yes, Hakami. Could you please survey our surrounding? I think we might just be a tiny bit lost.”
Hakami bowed it's head, “As you command, my master.” It flew up and off somewhere. Sesshomaru looked at Sabrina, “Did that bird just call you master?”
“Yeah. Hakami is one of the Elemental Guardians, the one of wind. Since I am one he's tied to, because of a ritual I undertook as a child, he calls me Master, but only he and the Guardians of Darkness and Fire call me that. The other ones either call me milady, which I hate, or, as the Guardian for Nature is the only one who does, just Sabrina,” she said, looking towards where Hakami flew, “But of them all, I'd have to say Hakami is the most obedient and controllable, as he is of the wind. He should be able to report back soon, as he knows he must.”
Sabrina spoke the truth. Hakami returned quickly and bowed his head once more, “Master, you are in the middle of a vast forest. Miles and miles does it go. I tried to get out, but something blocked my way. This forest, it seems, is magical applied, and thus I could not exact your location. I am severely sorry, Master.”
Sesshomaru was about to say something about it's incompetence, but instead Sabrina spoke, “That's alright, Hakami, I can't blame you if you could not do something. You may go.”
Hakami nodded and a swirl of wind surrounded him, “Yes Master.” Then, he disappeared.
“You are very understanding,” Sesshomaru said,” That creature could have tried better. He was incompetent.”
“No, just unable to find the way out. He is a wind Guardian, I don't expect him to be able to break through a barrier such as the one I suspected to be around this place. If he had been one of fire or nature, that would have been a different story, but one can not exactly expect the air to overpower magic itself.”
“Wind can do great damage, when it powerful enough,” Sesshomaru said, “A tornado, for example. It can destroy much in a small amount of time.”
“True, but Hakami isn't a tornado is he?” Sabrina was right, and she had managed to prove Sesshomaru wrong in a pretty embarrassing way. He looked away quickly, trying to hide it, but Sabrina was quick. She simply laughed though, “You know something, Sesshomaru?”
“What?” he snapped at her angrily. She smiled sweetly, “For a really serious guy, you sure get embarrassed easily!”
Sesshomaru stared at her, She is very strange. But he shook his head then ran after Sabrina as she ran off somewhere.
 
Sabrina was wandering around, trying to learn more about her location. Of course she didn't notice the fact that she didn't know much, so she didn't notice the hole under her feet until…
“AHHHHH!!!!” She fell through and landed in the river, dripping wet. She was soaked to the bone.
Sesshomaru found her, “Oh there you are, Sabrina. Are you okay?”
“I'm soaking wet,” Sabrina said.,” But think I'm-Oww!” She tried to stand, but when she did, a sharp pain suddenly coursed through her leg. She fell back down, rubbing her ankle, “M-m-my ankle…... I can't get up, but I—“
Sesshomaru had already jumped down the hole to where Sabrina was. He splashed some water as he landed, but he didn't seem to notice. He looked her ankle over. Sabrina was surprised by this. Why is he acting so worried about me? She thought, he usually seems so distant, so why…..
He sighed, “It seems sprained. What a bother.”
“I……I….I'm sorry, I just didn't see the hole,” Sabrina said, “It must have been breaking slightly over time until it finally fell apart. I,” she started to try and get up,” could try to get—“ she feel again, the pain too much for her, “Oww!” She tried again a few times
Sesshomaru watched her determination for a while, but finally just decided if she continue this, she's break her leg next, so he picked her up. She blinked and stared at him, suddenly know blushing. He looked away quickly enough, “You're useless to me wounded, and you could catch a cold if you continue to splash all this water about.”
“O—Achoo!” Sabrina sneezed, and Sesshomaru just shook his head, jumping up back up the hole.