InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Reason for Living ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five: Personal Problems
 
It was dark and a full moon glowed in the sky above the two of them. The fire was starting to die out. Sabrina had fallen asleep on a little while ago, leaned against Sesshomaru. He watched her, thoughts flooding through his mind. She seems so peacefully, so serene, so beautiful… He stopped himself with that one. Beautiful? This girl? What a stupid thought, he thought crossly.
Sabrina suddenly stirred a bit, but not enough to awaken. She grabbed a bit of his kimono and rubbed her head against him, murmuring something in her sleep. Sesshomaru was able to hear it pretty well, being a demon and all.
“Sessy-kun, I…….”the rest was too inaudible, but it was clear that there were two more words.
He blinked and stared at Sabrina, who just sleep on. Sessy? She…..she…. Sesshomaru shook his head. What was she about to say? That was what he focused on more. I hate you? No, with her personality and her kindness towards him she didn't seem to. I'm sleepy? Obvious, so no. He got an idea and that caused his face to go redder than anything ever. There were two things that came to mind, and either seemed like Sabrina, but……..
Maybe she meant to say “I love you”. That confused him because the moment the thought of it crossed his mind, he felt this strange feeling. It was indescribable (me: unless you've been in love before, then you probably can tell how he felt), and definitely not known to Sesshomaru. It both annoyed him, yet was curious to him.
Sabrina stirred again, this time to awaken slightly. She looked up at Sesshomaru, her blood red eyes cold and distant, yet somehow warming, “Sesshomaru? Oh,” she sat up, “Sorry if I fell asleep against you, I guess I was sleepier than I thought. I hope you didn't—“
She noticed the look on Sesshomarus face and blinked, “Sesshomaru? You okay? Your face,” she reached out to touch his cheek, “it's so— Ow!”
He slapped her hand away and stood up, glaring at her. She blinked and looked at him, her eyes full of pain, “What's wrong, Sessho-“
“Shut up,” he said coldly to her. He was confused, but he did know that Sabrina was the one causing it. He grabbed her by the neck and lifted her up, his claws digging into the skin on her neck. Sabrina let out a small cry of pain, but he just tightened the grip.
“Who are you really? Why is it that just thinking about you causes such a strange feeling in my chest?” he asked these two questions as he tightened, close to killing her.
She tried to speak but she couldn't. Sesshomaru growled let her go. This wasn't helping, and trying to kill her just made it worse. He growled and walked off, into the forest, as Sabrina coughed and tried to breathe.
 
It was strange enough for him having to be stuck in this stupid forest with a girl who can easily hide her powerfully dangerous aura, but now this? How much could a demon lord take? It annoyed him to no end, though, especially that now he was unable to think otherwise.
“Stupid girl,” he grumbled under her breath as he wandered, “I should have let her die when I had the chance.”
“True, demon, you coulda, but then you would never have found your heart,” said a distant, yet close voice. It had a soft his to it, hypnotizing to the normal person, but just made Sesshomaru a bit drossy. He growled, though softer than usual, “Who's there?”
There was quiet for while. No wind, no sound at all. Sesshomaru looked around him carefully before the voice spoke again, “Just another demon who wishes that girl dead, as well as you, Lord Sesshomaru.”
Sesshomaru couldn't pinpoint the voice this time. It seemed to be everywhere, all around him. He growled and strike, claws extended, but missed. There was a laugh as he did,” Silly demon, oh well, maybe I can hurt the girl while your gone…”then it disappeared./ Sesshoumaru swore under his breath and ran back to the campsite.