InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Reason for Living ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Six: The one thing I love
 
 
Sesshomaru got back there to find Sabrina gone. Now if she hadn't been injured before, this might not have worried him. If he hadn't been told about an attack before, he wouldn't have really been so worried either. But he was. He looked around, trying to figure out what happened when a voice said something behind him, “She's not here.”
He turned around to see a man, with dark blue hair and the coldest silver eyes ever. He looked about 18 or 19, and wore a long white robe with long sharp claws. He smiled as Sesshomaru was about to attack him, “Oh no, Sesshomaru, I wouldn't do that, unless you want Sabrina to die,” He looked at claws bored-like, the smile still on his face, “you know, she was soooo sad when you ran off, so unguarded. She didn't put up any fight, and her force field, oh, that didn't deploy. She was just so easy to get,” he looked at Sesshomaru, “So I guess I should say thank you for helping me.”
Sesshomaru growled and attacked. This man dodged easily, as Sesshomaru attacked blindly, hoping to hit and doing so very rarely. He finally just landed backwards, glaring at him. He didn't like the smell of this man, who just laughed,” Oh yes, I nearly forgot to introduce myself. I am Janishi, and I was called upon to kill both you and Lady Sabrina.”
“I don't care about who you might be,” Sesshomaru said, “Where is Sabrina?”
Janishi smiled, and went off again. Sesshomaru ran after him, angrily, ready to strike.
Janishi lead him to another clearing, this one strained with blood. Sabrina stood there, in her demonic form, surrounded by the bodies of other demons. Janishi smiled,” Good, now the fun can begin,” he disappeared only to reappear right behind Sesshomaru, one long sharp claw at his neck, “Do you know what happened when Sabrina smells the blood of her fellow canine demon?” he sliced at Sesshomaru's neck, causing a gash that would have been fatal if Sesshomaru hadn't been a full demon. But still…..
Sabrina's ears perked up and she could smell the scent of blood in the air. Her eye's narrowed and she attacked the source of the cent: Sesshomaru! He just barely dodged her attacks, them being so quick but all together accurate. He tried to strike back, but each time would find that he just put himself in danger doing so. Sesshomaru instead decided to stop trying to go easy on her, and was now able to match her strike for strike, hit for hit. Cut on her cheek, cut on his. Near miss at his stomach, near miss at hers. It went on until she bare her fangs, which were twice their size. She dug them into her, and as she did, she injected him with a poison she kept in her fangs. She then let go and went back, a smirk on her face. Sesshomaru growled and tried to attack her again, but then felt a jolt of pain in his arm. It started out painful, agonizing pain, then suddenly it went numb. His whole body was starting to get numb and harder and harder to move. His eyes, his hearing, were both impaired. He could just barely hear Janishi's voice laughing, “Ha, now you'll start to die, slowly and painfully, as the poison eats away at your body, eats away at your mind.”
He growled, but it sounded more like a purr. He fell, landing on the ground hard. What could he do? What? What? Wh…..at……. He fell unconscious, too weak now to continue consciousness, only able to say one thing, the one thing he never probably usually would: “Help.”
 
Sabrina smiled, unable to stop this. The scent of blood, it was everywhere, it overpowered her. It didn't stop until she heard his voice, calling for help. It awoke her, fortunately. Unfortunately, she was a bit late. She saw Sesshomaru, laying there, unconscious and Janishi laughing. He smiled at her, “Hm, now you're the last. How fun.”
“Wh….wh….what did you do?!?!” she yelled, running over to Sesshomaru. She tried to wake him but to no avail. Janishi just sneered, “Oh no, I did nothing, it was YOU who poisoned him, YOU who probably killed him.”
Sabrina blinked, then looked at Sesshomaru. He was still alive, but just barely. His life force was waning. She knew what she had to do.
Sabrina bit her inner lip, drawing blood. She let it mix with the poison and flood into her mouth. She then closed her eyes and leaned towards Sesshomaru and………..kissed him.